La Tavola - Baltimore
248 Albemarle Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Tavola - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.la-tavola.com/
- Phone: 4106851859x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday- Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Dinner Friday and Saturday 4:00pm - 10:30pm, , Sunday: 11:30am - 9:30pm (Dinner Menu all day)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Carlo Vignotto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Banquet space available: Virtual tour link http://tours.digispin.com/?sid=51893&tid=24173
Banquet menu Link http://www.la-tavola.com/banquets.php
- Private Party Facilities: With two second level private dining rooms, La Tavola offers an exclusive setting for groups of 20 – 140 people. The rooms are elegant and well suited for any occasion -sophisticated or casual, social or business and can be arranged to compliment your theme or ideas.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Goldsmith 4106851859x
- Special Events: Valentine's Day - We are only offering our prix fixe menus on this day. Guests can choose either from our $38 prix fixe menu or our $48 prix fixe menu.
Half Priced Wine Wednesdays
Every Wednesday Evening enjoy half bottles of wine up to $75 on our list
A word from La Tavola - Baltimore
La Tavola, nestled in the heart of Baltimore’s famous Little Italy district, offers guests the finest in contemporary Italian cuisine set in an elegant, yet understated dining area. The aromas of freshly baked focaccia, garlic, oregano and seafood from the market waft from the kitchen where Chef Carlo Vignotto blends his classical training and innovative style to create memorable soups, delicious seafood, chicken, pasta and veal dishes as well as sinfully decadent desserts. And, every day Chef Carlo prepares delightful specials made with only the finest ingredients and spices of the season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Tavola - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)special occasion (42)fit for foodies (38)romantic (33)good for groups (25)notable wine list (21)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Dined on 09/12/14NinoDined on 9/12/2014I would recommend La Tavola without reservation. Everything was great ! When we come back to Baltimore we are definitely going there . Bravo, La Tavola !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu disconnectanonymousDined on 9/12/2014Expected menu that was on website; menu offered was special menu so dishes we expected to get were not offered. Others liked their dishes very much.
- Loved it!ladymochaDined on 9/5/2014First time visiting. The food was amazing, the service was excellent. I really enjoyed myself at this restaurant. Lived in Baltimore for years never knew this place existed! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real dealdiningpleasureDined on 8/31/2014Looking for an evening with value for the dollars spent -- look no further. From the anti-pasta to the dessert everything is truly authentic Italian food. We had a hard time choosing which meal we wanted to order and in the end we had a lamb and a seafood entree, now we can't wait to go back and enjoy another meal, but it will be hard not to reorder the same meal. Save room for dessert which are ample in size for two. The service was outstanding as the entire staff was kind, informative and attentive. Buon appetito!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/20142nd time to this restaurant, both times the food was very good. Homemade pasta delicious. This second trip, our young waiter, was not good at all. He had to return to find out what 1 member of our party ordered, he neglected to bring more bread with the meal as requested, he brought the wrong second beer for 2 other members of our party and proceeded to add it to the beer in their glass and he was completely inattentive. Disappointing after my first time here was so good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- just averageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014What I would consider a $12 pasta dish arrived at my table for $21. The Ribeye was boring and unimpressive. The seafood stew was pretty good.
- Wonderful! Never Disappointed!CrescentfolkVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have been to La Tavola many times over the past 5 years, and have never been disappointed! The cuisine this past weekend, as usual, was delicious and artistic. The service was excellent. The acoustics are such that the atmosphere is quiet and romantic. We continue to recommend LaTavola highly and look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in little ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Arrived to Baltimore's little Italy after a 6 hour drive and it was a perfect place to start our weekend. Great wine list, perfect pasta dishes and was kid friendly being that our 7 & 10 year old was with us. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 star not 4MarshmallowDined on 8/23/2014Food was tasteless and over priced. Waiter served by passing to one person right in front of another by 8 pm place was dead
- Walk past this restaurantMangioDined on 8/23/2014I can't believe this restaurant has received such good reviews. The food was some of the worst I have eaten. I ordered the Osso Bucco and it was so tough that I almost could not eat it. The risotto was soupy and tasteless. My husband's chicken was fair but when he asked for aside of pasta they charged $9 for a cup's worth of linguini. If you are going to charge that your product should stand up to it. The service was actually good but could not compensate for the food. We did not even tell the owner our issues because even if he offered me a lifetime of free meals I would not go back. We should have left when we walked in on a Saturday night and there were empty tables but the reviews had been so good we stayed.
- Impeccible!CrabCakeLoverVIPDined on 8/21/2014I cannot rave enough about the creative, fresh and outstanding quality of the food at La Tavola in Little Italy! The fresh in-house made pasta was wonderful. the seafood was so tender and flavorful and cooked to perfection. Our server, Lucy, did an outstanding job with not only describing the menu items but also answering our specific questions. She was very personable, professional and knowledgable--perfect. We will definitely be dining here again.Special Features:
- I probably won't go back...SailingfreeDined on 8/15/2014We started with the Fritto Misto. I was unimpressed. Although the calamari was perfectly cooked as was the vegg the breading on the Calamari was flavorless, and the marinara sauce was surprising. It had a nice heat but you could still taste the acidity of the tomatos which made me think "tomato paste" while I was eating it. Perhaps a bit more garlic, sugar, and oregano and we'd have a winner. I ordered the Lasagna Bolognese. The homemade pasta was great but the meat and sauce was again, flavorless. I am a fan of simple seasoning but that was all I could taste. Meat and pasta; the sauce was the same marinara so over all I'd give the lasagna a 3, on a scale of 1-5. Not bad but not mind blowing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple ItalianVeggiefoodieDined on 8/9/2014Went to La Tavola on a Saturday evening- we were seated quickly and the our meals came out very quickly. The pasta dishes are pretty good and you can tell that they are freshly made. If you are looking for simple Italian- La Tavola is the way to go.
- Good service but uninspired food.BobboDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I had two pasta dishes -- a vegetable dish and bolognese and they were okay, but nothing to boast about. Other places in Little Italy offer more taste and in similar dishes. Service was good, though, by a waiter that had a lot more character than the food.
- delicious and enjoyabledoggonehoundsDined on 8/9/2014Our group of 5 had a fantastic time. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The staff was friendly and personable. The desserts were sensational! This place is a tough act to follow!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome findluv2dineDined on 8/3/2014Everything was so good and fresh. Lasagna and the black spaghetti with crab were awesome. Not too heavy which I really liked and you should try the cheesecake with blueberry on top. So fluffy and delightful with chocolate chips inside and shavings on top!! I really liked the waitress Megan as well.
- Special ItalianValerieDined on 8/2/2014We loved it! The menu is interesting and different each time we go. The chef knows what he's doing. The portions are right! Not overwhelming but absolutely adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great servicediningforpleasureDined on 8/2/2014Totally pleased with La Tavola. Food was fresh and cooked to perfection. Dessert was outstanding- best canolis beautifully presented- house made-like home. Nice ambience and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a great mealBritDined on 8/1/2014Resturant week is always 50/50 re quality but La Travola did a nice job. I highly recommend the barramoni in parchment and the cheese cake was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place!CatwomanDined on 7/26/2014The food was out of this world: the calamari/shrimp appetizer was wonderful and so was the black spaghetti with crabmeat! The only thing that could have been better was the server! He didn't speak clearly and didn't tell us about to nightly specials! Will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Date NightSallyDined on 7/26/2014Admittedly, we made reservations early because we were afraid of Saturday night traffic in Baltimore. But when we got there, it was like a cozy corner of the busy city. We had the Gnocchi with a rabbit ragout, it was OUTSTANDING. We knew the gnocchi was hand made, as we could tell it was rolled up and cut into pieces. I'd never had rabbit before, but it was served in a white wine and rosemary sauce, herbaceous and hearty. I finished the meal with a delightful tiramisu, while my husband greatly enjoyed the cheesecake - so light and fuffy! Wonderful service, attentive, and well-versed in the menu - they could answer any question we had without double checking. Great place for a special occasion, a little pricy, but worth it.Special Features:
- dinnerCharleyDined on 7/19/2014Excellent food, atmosphere and hospitality! Love eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good Little Italy findJenniferDined on 7/17/2014Dined here while being in town for a convention where the after-party was on the streets of Little Italy. Food was good, cannoli was probably the best I've ever had. Waiter was just OK, but his support staff was outstanding (the water guy was always around). Would recommend.Special Features:
- Food was sublimeGrendelDined on 7/13/2014This Ian a classic Little Italy restaurant, it's charm is in its lack of charm. The wall paper has cheesy faux Itallian pictures, the music is a combo of Sinatra and snippets of well travelled and easily recognized opera, but the food is definitely not standard Little Italy pastas and red sauce, veal parm and chicken piccata. I had an incredible plate of spaghetti in a tallegio cream sauce, speck, porcini mushrooms and shaved black truffles. The dish also had two dollops of balsamic vinegar to cut the heavy gooeyness of the sauce, it was a great touch. My wife had black linguini with crab, spinach done in a nice light wine and garlic sauce that had the perfect Britney taste of the ocean. For crab fans there was tons of crab. Loved it.Special Features:
- Good food, service, no greetingJeffDined on 7/11/2014F and B were great once we sat. We had a reservation but stood waiting over 5 minutes as multiple servers walked by but wouldn't make eye contact. Young man finally stopped and helped. Good experience, but the lack of attention was a turn off.Special Features:
- La TavolaBobKDined on 7/5/2014We went to Baltimore in the late afternoon. We parked near the restaurant and went for a walk around the neighborhood. about an hour before our reservation we went to the bar at La Tavola for a drink. It was so pleasant that we ate in the bar and cancelled our table reservation. The food was wonderful and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulouscamryncrazy34Dined on 6/30/2014This place is a gem in Little Italy. Everything was fantastic and I highly recommend the house cheesecake... outstanding and unique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night Done RightTheUndiscoveredFoodieDined on 6/28/2014As I walked in I was welcomed by the clean, modern Italian decor. I was seated at a table in the middle of the small dining room. The atmosphere was nice though the noise level was a bit too loud. Our waiter was cordial and did an adequate job. I ordered the black spaghetti dish with crab meat, spinach, and tomatoes. The pasta was cooked al dente. The sauce and crab meat went well with the tomatoes creating a rich balance of salty and sweet. I would highly recommend this dish for seafood and hand-made pasta lovers. The little things like olive oil on the side for the bread and fresh cracked pepper on the pasta were simple but appreciated touches adding to the authentic and purposeful approach to food La Tavola has mastered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brought clients for dinnerJpt1Dined on 6/25/2014Brought clients for dinner and La Tavola and it did not disappoint! Food and service we both excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeTxplorerDined on 6/24/2014A business trip to Baltimore wouldn't be complete without a dinner at this fine restaurant in Little Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is Not GoodLuv2dineDined on 6/21/2014Server Maria was very good, decor is simple, nice & clean. The menu was very scaled down, few choices, food is ok at best & more expensive than the $$ rating. Dined with 6 friends. Most of our food was disappointing. Stuffed veal was terrible, I couldn't eat it. The eggplant/chicken dish & lasagna dish were very bland. Tiramisu was sponge cake with mascarpone cream without the needed espresso soaking. Tartufo did not have a hard coating. Black pasta with crabmeat was the only ok item. My friends are NOT picky but they did not enjoy most of their food. I felt bad I recommended La Tavola. A 20% tip (on food & tax) was added to our bill, which is probably their written policy but it is a bad one. Thankfully the best part was our server!
- Really enjoyed!brillo8235Dined on 6/21/2014Everything was superb -- food, service, ambience, location. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Very nice!SmprideDined on 6/21/2014We had a very nice experience at la Tavola. The food was great and the service was exceptional. I had the Dover sole which was great and the truffle butter sauce was even better. Would definitely recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Baltimore's Little ItalyTrwwDined on 6/19/2014On the basis of three dinners enjoyed at this restaurant during the past 9 months, I can say that La Tavola has assumed the mantle of best food and best value in Baltimore's Little Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable and Good in Little ItalyLove2Dine67Dined on 6/15/2014So you're in Baltimore, you've been to the Inner Harbor, and you've been to Fells Point. You find Little Italy in-between, and TripAdvisor gives you recommendations with four dollar signs. This one gets two because the prices are reasonable -- full bottles of wine starting around $40 (and a good list), appetizers between $7-$11, entrees, $14 - $30. I had spaghetti neri with crab and tomatoes, and that was absolutely fantastic! My friends also enjoyed ravioli stuffed with ricotta and spinach in a marina sauce, and gnocchi with pesto. The gelatti were great. Go for the specials, and if you know your northern Italian cuisine, challenge the chef/owner to make that!Special Features:
- Rude serverJerryVIPDined on 6/15/2014I have been to la Tavola a lot in the past and enjoyed a wonderful meal and great service. Unfortunately we had a new manager (?) head waiter from Long Island who is rude and abrupt. I had a Groupon that was old and he did honor it, biu not without lots of attitude before, during and after the meal. We also overheard him on the phone being rude to people trying to make a reservation. This was Father's Day and one would think this would be a special day. I was tempted to leave without eating, it was so uncomfortable.
- Great findAlexandriaFoodieDined on 6/15/2014We've eaten almost everywhere in Baltimore's little Italy and this could be a new favorite. We took my dad for Fathers Day and we're quite pleased with the food. Service wasn't bad just weird. The servers kept changing throughout which just meant they didn't know who ordered what, etc. I'd definitely go back for the food and give service another chance.
- Great to be back !CarmichaelDined on 6/14/2014Always a great evening at "The Table" Fantastic ambiance, from the warm "welcome back" to the friendly smiles at the bar, to the professional and courteous table service from the entire staff. And, of course, the food was simply fantastic !Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014We had a fantastic dinner and overall fine time at La Tavola. Recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2014The food was excellent. From the veal, to the wine, and all the way to the cheesecake. The waiter was friendly, polite, and patient. Would highly recommend (although a bit pricey). Also, the owners (Mike & Mike) were both very friendly.Special Features: