La Tasca - Rockville
141 Gibbs Street #305
Rockville, MD 20850Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
La Tasca - Rockville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latascausa.com/
- Phone: 3012797011
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch; Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner; Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Executive Chef: Josu Subikarai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Raised platform area seating 65
- Private Party Contact: Philia Barton 3012797011
- Entertainment: Sun - Wed: Dinner & a Movie $55
Thurs: 1/2 priced Sangria Pitchers open to close
Fri: Live Music and late night Happy Hour (9pm-close)
Sat: DJ & Dancing -11pm to close
- Special Events: Tapas Lunch Deal - 2 for $12 or unlimited for $20
Sun - Wed: Dinner & a Movie $55
Thurs: 1/2 priced Sangria Pitchers open to close
A word from La Tasca - Rockville
La Tasca is a careful blend of everything that is good about Spain. Warm décor, authentic cuisine and friendly hospitality. All these go together to create a unique and genuine atmosphere. La Tasca has been described as being “so authentic that you won’t find anything better in Spain”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
La Tasca - Rockville - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
La Tasca - Rockville reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (42)neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (17)vibrant bar scene (15)romantic (14)good for groups (14)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (11)hot spot (10)great for brunch (8)scenic view (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Awesome Group Mealjfcohen108Dined on 9/6/2014We chose one of the "party menus" for our group of 7 birthday celebration. Service was fantastic, timing of food perfect, awesome sangria, and incredible tapas. The dates stuffed with cheese and wrapped with bacon were incredible. Overall a fantastic experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't get enoughTriciaDined on 8/31/2014I want to return as often possible. I enjoy the different tapas and the sangria. La Tasca is among my favorite places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunchhard2pleaseDined on 8/24/2014Sat outside near the fountain so the kids could play in the square, and enjoyed a great brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT SERVICEroxyDined on 8/22/2014Brendon was fantastic and know how to keep our table happy!Special Features:
- Now that's flan!DandReeDined on 8/15/2014Best flan I've ever had. Amazing. Restaurant Week was our first visit at La Tasca. The food was slow coming up but understandable - the place was packed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2014Wonderful selection of tapas for restaurant week. Our party of four ordered a variety of dishes and all were very good. Don't pass up the espinacas and datiles.Special Features:
- Just Added to the Perferred ListElKapitain5Dined on 8/1/2014Recently had dinner and enjoyed the array of tapas style choices that complimented each other. The servings allow for you to gage your appetite so as to not overly indulge. The sangrias were excellent in flavor and potency. I choose a pitcher of the cadillac sangria and was quite pleased!! Matter of fact...I had a second pitcher that was shared among 4 persons. I definitely will return!!!Special Features:
- Favorite HH spotyoonicornnDined on 7/30/2014La tasca is one of my favorite Happy Hour spots. They have the best sangrias and tapas, all for a great deal. I recommend getting the cava sangria with the calamari and empenadas. You won't be disappointed. It's perfect for a small group, last minute date, or a casual hangout with a friend.Special Features:
- Good Food But Too LOUD For UsDarduggleDined on 7/25/2014So it was a pleasant Friday evening in mid July. We were seated by the open windows. There was a band playing 70's classic rock (not well either) just outside on the stage and the bar area was teaming with boisterous merrymakers. The restaurant was more than energetic - it was L-O-U-D. Too loud to have any kind of conversation without practically shouting. The food was very good (as usual), the service was OK (as usual) but we could not stay and linger as we would have liked due to the cacophony. We like La Tasca and will definitely come back but it probably won't be on another pleasant Friday evening...unless we don't feel like talking to each other.I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the happy hourlisacDined on 7/25/2014We like this restaurant because it's good, close to home and there's lots of pretty outdoor seating. The food is pretty good, too! We enjoy the live band that comes about 10p on Fri nights, but not a lot of room for dancing.Special Features:
- Always goodLTSJmomDined on 7/19/2014Anyhting ont he menu is excellent. Don't forget the bacon wrapped cheese stuffed dates (datilles) and any and all of the sangrias!Special Features:
- Excellent tapaskelly2014Dined on 7/11/2014My friend, who recently travelled to Spain, highly approved of the Tapas selection here. The hostess was very accommodating, mentioning that the outdoor seating is typically first come, first serve, not reserved through Open Table. However, she was able to fit us in with the next available outdoor table. We experienced a higher noise level due to the nearby outdoor concert, but enjoyed the experience overall.Special Features:
- Tasty tapasUnchainedAdventuresVIPDined on 7/10/2014The variety of tapas is good, Traditional as well as unique. The sangria is wonderful too... Try a specialty sangria. The noise level is a little loud but the good is worth it. Enjoy with another couple or a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good options, service, and ambianceolneylocalDined on 7/3/2014This is my go-to place with friends. I can count on many food choices for all palettes, the wine/drink list is great, and the setting is great.Special Features:
- Mixed FeelingsAllyDined on 6/20/2014My friend and I had a reservation for a Friday night. We were seated next to the bar and because there was a soccer game on it was deafeningly loud. If it wasn't so busy I probably would have asked to be moved. I don't fault the restaurant for this it was just a bad choice for us as we hadn't seen each other in awhile and really wanted to catch up. I've been to this restaurant several times and love it, the food is always good and I will be back. The waiter that approached our table initially disappeared. A second waiter noticed us and offered to put our order in, then ended up taking over our table altogether. We weren't in a hurry so it wasn't a big deal but was very odd and not the kind of thing that prompts a glowing review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World Cup NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014My fiancee and I visited La Tasca recently during one of the World Cup 2014 games. It was incredibly loud, and the servers were not as attentive as they usually are because the place was packed. The food wasn't as good as the last time I went, and again I blame how busy they were. I think you should save this experience for a less frantic moment.Special Features:
- Sunday DinnerCCMarieDined on 6/8/2014Love tapas, like the idea of small dishes. Same problem at all tapas/small plates dining: not enough on the plate for the diners at the table. Fabulous lamb chops, two chops served for 4 diners - not told or on menu we would need to order 2 servings. For a Sunday night, wait staff a little off their game. Had to 'reorder' items as they had not been written down. Extra food appeared. We like La Tasca and will keep going back.Special Features:
- Gone with the windBucketlist4foodVIPDined on 6/2/2014So I love Rockville Square! I love how La tasca has the restaurant open to the outdoor to feel the breeze. I went during happy hour and had to sit at the bar for tapas so I couldnt enjoy the breeze. Anyway the $4 drink/tapas was a great price. The food was good but not greaat. I got a cherry sangria, calamari, and potatoe egg omelet. It was good but not the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner/dancePatrishDined on 5/31/2014We came to celebrate my sister's birthday and we not only had dinner but were able to dance. Is hard to find a place were you can enjoy a conversation and then switch to the dance floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious to the last bitefoodcrushDined on 5/25/2014This is the second time that I have been to La Tasca and it was just as fantastic as the first time. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive, checking on us very often. The food selection is outstanding and to be honest we had a hard time deciding what to choose. Once we finally came to a decision everything we ordered was superb and the pitcher of Cherry Blossom Sangria was a perfect complement to the food. Next time I'll be ordering the White Sangria, I've had that before and it is my favorite so far. So if anyone is thinking of going to La Tasca, don't hesitate!Special Features:
- The following 520 reviews are from the La Tasca - Rockville reviews archive.
- Gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/17/2014Brought out all 6 tapas at once verses a few at a time. Therefore everything was cold before we could finish it. Wait service was aweful. Had to ask several times for water.Special Features:
- Great Time!JP2013VIPDined on 5/16/2014I had a great time here on a double date! We got a sampling menu, which was delicious and took all the guess work out of ordering!Special Features:
- Great optionsolneylocalDined on 5/16/2014Menu had wonderful options for everyone, and portions were just right. For two vegetarians it was perfect, but there were also lots of choices for meat/fish eaters. All was delicious. My only negative comment would be the chickpea and spinach stew was a little watery. Try the fried Brussels sprouts! Service was good, lots of wonderful choices for wine.Special Features:
- A little tough on the eyesLimejuicerDined on 5/10/2014Had a problem reading the menu, restaurant is a little dark.Special Features:
- La TascaEmilyandBrianDined on 4/21/2014We have been to La Tasca many times and were excited that they brought back their unlimited tapas menu. The food is great!Special Features:
- Had a wonderful lunch!JudyVIPDined on 4/19/2014We ate lunch at the outdoor patio on a lovely spring Saturday. We enjoyed the 3 Tapas for $20 and the $2 sangrias -- great deal! We brought our over-85 year-old parents and they loved it too. Also, our little poodle was welcome at the outside patio, making the lunch really perfect. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Not as good as it used to beerinDined on 3/16/2014The food is still ok, but the service is awful! We were the only people in the restaurant and it took 10 minutes for someone to come by and take our order and then they hardly ever come back to check on you. Should have known it would be like that when we were the only people there. It used to be my favorite place, now, not so much!
- The food was good as wellSniggocDined on 3/7/2014The food was good as well as the atmosphere. The waitress was a little too attentive and it felt like we were getting pushed in order to turn the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningElk9709Dined on 3/1/2014I had never been to la tasca. I had received an open table gift certificate at Christmas. Decided to use it on a girls night, movie and dinner. We had a great time choosing from the menu- shared four meat plates, bread and two desserts. Great food, fun to explore new tastes, timely service and I have to mention the sangria-all good things. Can't wait for spring/summer to dine outside! Would love to introduce others to this all around great experience- atmosphere, service, food and drinkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tasty gemGoodtimeDined on 2/23/2014Went for brunch. Friendly and accommodating staff. Couldn't find a dish we didn't enjoy. Bon appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch SpecialCrystalDined on 2/17/2014I went with two friends and the lunch special was great! It was about $6/plate and we shared everything around the table. Everything was delicious (and I highly recommend the fried eggplant)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening out!ReginaDined on 2/14/2014We had a wonderful time at La Tasca. It was so nice to sit and talk, share wine and good food, and watch the ice skaters on a snowy night. The atmosphere was festive, and our surroundings were pretty. Our server was helpful, pleasant, and checked back with us at well-timed intervals. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasca is Very GoodDrDonVIPDined on 2/9/2014Tasca was great. The tapas transported us back to Barcelona in the first bite. The food selection is broad, service attentive and friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Tasca Not Good AnymoreSizzleNSpiceDined on 2/9/2014Our recent experience at La Tasca was not a good one. We went Sunday afternoon & each item ordered was served dry & cold. They were sent back to be re heated, but this added to the dryness. It was a big surprise to us because La Tasca had previously been a find in Rockville. Unfortunately we probably won't be back after Sunday's disappointment.
- Post Dinner DJ a +DateNightDined on 1/25/2014Great time at dinner followed by some dancing afterwards when DJ arrived. The waiters didnt rush you to get out and were available to you as needed. Believe there is a cover charge after X time as restuarant adds a DJ. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good timeMaxyDined on 1/25/2014The food was excellent. The server was attentive and professional. The restaurant is nicely designed, but it was a little dark. Overall an excellent dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Good potatoes, smelly seafoodKaitlinDined on 1/18/2014The cheesy potatoes were some of the best potatoes I've ever had, but, unfortunately, the seafood dish I ordered came out, and smelled a little questionable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Other than the fact that theCharlesDined on 1/17/2014Other than the fact that the waiter wasn't really focused on us to see if we needed anything, everything was fine. Food was good, price was good, ambience was good. The place has tables, but also some sofas where you can sit as if eating an hors d'oeurves in you living room with friends. That's what a tasca is in Spain.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but noisyAmoamaroewDined on 1/15/2014The dates wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cream cheese are amazingly good. In fact, everything we had was very good. One of he steak dishes was a bit tough but the flavor was good.one slight negative is that they brought all 3 of my dishes at once and it was at least 5 minutes before any of my companions dishes showed up. The biggest negative is the noise--not a place for a quiet romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brian's View of La TascaBrianDined on 1/15/2014There is a large selection of Tapas, and everything we ordered was very good. The Sangria was OK. The prices are very reasonbable. The service was attentive without being intrusive. We were there on a Wednesday evening and the restaurant INSIDE was very LOUD, making it difficult to hear someone sitting across from you. Since it was Winter, we didn't have the choice of sitting outside, which we will explore in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.