La Tasca - Penn Quarter
722 7th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
La Tasca - Penn Quarter
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latascausa.com/
- Phone: (202) 347-9190
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Josu Zubikarai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 2 private floors available with a private bar.
- Private Party Contact: Ken Skidmore 2023478839
- Entertainment: Friday - Live Band @ 10pm
Saturday - Sals Club Nights with Bachateame 11pm - 3am
- Special Events: Every Day:
Dinner & a Movie Menu
1 starter item, 5 of your favorite tapas,
1 speciality dessert, two movie tickets
Mondays thru Wednesdays
Unlimited Tapas @ $30 per person
Begins @ 4pm until closing
Complimentary Paella in the Bar
& Live Music with "Deep Dreams"
A word from La Tasca - Penn Quarter
La Tasca is a careful blend of everything about Spain – warm décor, authentic cuisine and friendly hospitality. All these combine to create a unique and genuine atmosphere. La Tasca strives to keep the Spanish culture and passion alive in its restaurants; to be local within its community while bringing to it a taste of Spain. La Tasca is a Spanish restaurant with a combination of more than 45 Tapas dishes, delicious menu specials, 6 different paellas, 11 sangria blends, Spanish wines and beers. La Tasca has five locations in the United States; one in Baltimore and four in the Washington metro area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpanish
La Tasca - Penn Quarter - Best Restaurants in Penn Quarter ›
La Tasca - Penn Quarter reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (66)fit for foodies (61)vibrant bar scene (49)special occasion (35)hot spot (34)neighborhood gem (33)great for lunch (30)late-night find (22)romantic (19)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- La Tasca - Every Time I'm in DCTip184Dined on 11/17/2014I eat at La Tasca at least once every time I come to DC. The food is wonderful, and the decor is nice. I usually bring a group (6 - 10 people) and the restaurant accommodates us easily (with a reservation). My mouth is watering as I think about it. Eat there - you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, Mediocre Food, Bad ServicejimmyVIPDined on 11/14/20141- So loud we had to yell to be heard 2- The food was pretty OK. Not bad, but a bit bland and not interesting at all 3- The waitress forgot one of our orders, delivered one of our drinks to the wrong table, and insisted she had given it to us. Some people looked like they were having a good time in the downstairs bar, but we were so ready to leave when dinner was over.
- MehfittobetriedDined on 11/14/2014I'm from Philadelphia, which in the past 10 years has become foodie heaven, with numerous superb tapas restaurants, including Amada, Bar Ferdinand, Jamonera, and Tinto. La Tasca simply does not stack up. We chose a variety of dishes, and most of them were relatively uninspired, lacking zest, crispiness, or stand-out seasoning. Nothing was particularly memorable. Service was attentive, however.
- Water, water, but not a drop to drink…MenuMel99Dined on 11/13/2014Open table reservation made at 12:13 that day (Thursday) We arrived 7:15- couple ahead (different than the one mentioned above) had no reservation, was seated before us- despite being told by the hostess that they were waiting for a reservation to arrive. The guy leaned over and said to her, “Is there anything you can do for us?” At that point the hostess should have said- excuse me to them & looked up to ask if we had a reservation- but didn’t. I approached the hostess stand and said Hello, I’m (name) and I had a reservation for 7:15PM. She then told me that they’d have to make up our table and it would be a few minutes…again this could have been avoided if she’d asked the non-reservation couple to just step aside for a minute vs giving them a reserved table. Sat us 10 minutes later- once at our table, server greeted other non-reservation couple (the one I first mentioned) before us. They were seated next to us. They placed their order and we placed our drink order- we were not told that our drink would take 15-20 min. (expectation management) She brought the other couple water & bottle of wine, we were not given our water. After about 15 minutes, (the other couple had gotten their bread, we still didn’t have a glass of water) I got the hostess attention to find out what happened. I was extremely thirsty- all I really wanted was a glass of water!!!! At that point the waitress finally brought us the drink we ordered and said “oh, the manager told us we should let you know these drinks take longer than typical drinks to make”…then she brought water--20 minutes for a glass of water! We had planned our 4 item order placed when she brought our drinks- we expected 1 item at a time, but about 15 minutes later they brought all 4 of our orders- so much for a relaxing evening-- She did ask if we wanted dessert menu- but we felt so neglected at first then rushed to eat that we had NO interest in dessert. She dropped the check on the table and said sorry for the problem
- Ok food for the priceGreatfoodconnoisseurVIPDined on 11/9/2014The food was just ok. Nothing special. Had to go here after visiting one of the museums. It was the closest with no wait time. Food was served fast but didn't taste special to me.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was Outstanding!ARMYGIRLDined on 11/7/2014Made reservations- seated immediately on arrival. The vibe is energetic but not so loud you cant' talk. Dimly lit enough for a romantic meal but would not recommend unless you were going early or not on a weekend- it was packed. Drinks were delish and the reds by the glass were reasonable but not unimaginative. The food was excellent- I would definitely recommend the garlic shrimp and the seared Ahi tapas- they were both prepared perfectly. We are not from DC but I have visited before and make this restaurant a must-go!Special Features:
- A Lively EveningFoodie08VIPDined on 11/7/2014I recently hosted a group of eight for a lively evening at a very busy La Tasca later on a Friday evening. We were looking for a 'small plates' restaurant, and were delighted with what La Tasca offered. The service was very good, and the only challenge was trying to hear what others in our group were saying. In general, I would say this restaurant would be better at peak times for smaller parties of two to four people.Special Features:
- We Loved It!drieldcDined on 11/6/2014I hosted a meeting for my business partners this week and when it came time to take them to dinner, I didn't hesitate to book a table at La Tasca. The guests came from other cities on the East Coast, each one noted for its dining venues, but all were impressed with the menu and list of wines and sangrias. The maître d' gave us a table in an alcove that looked on to the street and it gave us an opportunity to continue our discussions from the day, laugh and enjoy a great meal. It was a great choice and one we'd make again.Special Features:
- Whenever I am in DC ...KathDined on 11/1/2014Whenever I visit DC, ususally twice a year, I will make it a point to stop in at La Tasca. I just love the Tapas selection. The services has always been fantastic. And the Sangria is wonderful. Definitely recommend you to put this on your list.Special Features:
- Great . Just get a good waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Eaten many times before a wizards game. Keep changing menu so watch out. Keep tabs on your water s they serve many tables and not always in reach. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous tapas!!RubyVIPDined on 11/1/2014We are NYers who have had wonderful tapas in NY and Barcelona. The selection was the best and one was better than the next. Loved all of the sangria options. Will come back the next time we are in DC.Special Features:
- Another Great Visit!CncrndcitzenDined on 10/31/2014We have visited La Tasca everytime we go to the Verizon Center. It IS the place to go for great food, great service and easy access to Verizon. We WILL return when we venture to Chinatown again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun FoodmcsolanoDined on 10/26/2014Really enjoyed each selection. Our waiter gave us great advice on choices. Was a bit loud for good conversation. Otherwise, a delightful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette Party DinnersabrinaharrisDined on 10/25/2014All the girls had an incredible time, enjoyed a variety of delicious tapas, and had a very attentive server. What topped it all off was the complimentary champagne toast we were given! An awesome place to go to celebrate a special occasion!!!Special Features:
- Tasty Tapas! Great Wine!MeeshDined on 10/24/2014This was my first visit and I LOVED it. Food was spectacular and the wine was delicious. Definitely would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Night DeliciousPinklotusdragonDined on 10/18/2014Quick service, good prices. The Gambas Al Ajillo was delicious...can't wait to get more. The Pastelitos De Cangrejo was a fresh take on crab cakes. The Sangria is always yummy. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The food was outstanding and the environment fun. It was easy to make reservations online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotprfctstrmVIPDined on 10/16/2014Perfect area for this restaurant. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Awesome Sangria ListmeateaterDined on 10/9/2014La Tasca has a nice variety of specialty sangrias. The restaurant also has wonderful tapa specials. Many choices allow people on special eat diets to heartily.Special Features:
- great spotwesthoustonfoodie1Dined on 10/8/2014We were a party of six on four separate checks. Service was awesome. Food was great. The brussel sprouts were divine. I will visit again on another trip to DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food seems to have gotten better!EatHappyVIPDined on 9/29/2014This is the second time we dined here in a month - and the food seemed to taste even better. Even the service is better, friendlier, and less hurried. Maybe it is because it was still early in the evening and on a weekday - when the cooks are not so rushed due to the crowds - compared to weekends.Special Features:
- La TascababliDined on 9/28/2014our group of 9 enjoyed the dinner and the service very much.Special Features:
- excellent food, pretty good serviceDanield528Dined on 9/27/2014Three of us booked using open table and had dinner on a Saturday night. We were given an excellent table at the window. We had ten small plates, three desserts, half a pitcher of sangria and the while thing was around $120. The food was fantastic...must try the bacon wrapped dates. Service was slightly inattentive but friendly and pleasant. When our spinach was ordered three times and forgotten repeatedly, our waiter offered us free desert without us complaining at all. Very good customer service. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Tasty!FoodieDinesOftenDined on 9/27/2014Great for a night out with friends! Buy a few different options (3-5 per 2 people) and share with friends! Everything we tried was delicious and the drinks were great! You can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014We had a group of girlfriends coming in for a weekend and very different palates (vegetarian, dietier, picky eater, etc) so tapas seemed like a wonderful option. La Tasca did not disappoint. Large and varied menu. Had some of their cured meats, which were wonderful. Shrimp in garlic sauce was a bit heavy handed though. Wait staff was very attentive. Glad we went and would go back again, though not for a romantic dinner as the restaurant is a bit loud.
- Great for pre-theater diningTolstayaDined on 9/26/2014The tapas (recommend patatas bravas, calamares a la andaluza) were more substantial in portion than we've seen in other tapas places and delicious. The tinta premium is excellent! The service friendly but not chatty, attentive but not obtrusive. It makes a fine meal to precede a show at Woolly Mammoth just down about two blocks and around the corner. You could even do Happy Hour and enjoy a real bargain for price to food quality. The restaurant's only issue is noise--many people enjoy the place and while the ambiance is pleasant, they could consult a designer to add things to absorb sound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- writereaderDined on 9/21/2014I love this place, but I particularly love the all you can eat tapas for $35. I didn't realize that was Mon-Fri only, so I was disappointed we couldn't do that for my birthday this past Saturday, but we still had a fantastic time and drank lots of yummy sangria. The bacon-wrapped dates are my favorites...Special Features:
- Party of 7MaryDined on 9/20/2014We ordered the $33 pp option off of the party menu. Way too much food for us. Everything was good and the steak and eggplant were out of this world. Great margueritas too! I would strongly recommend it as a fun place with good food. Only downside was the noise level made it fairly difficult to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great settingMonchoDined on 9/13/2014We had an excellent time. Tapas were delicious. The drink menu is incredible. The sangrias are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Quite Up to ParDCVegVIPDined on 9/8/2014I was disappointed in this recent dining experience. The server, while charming, was not attentive and we were not asked if we wanted our drinks refilled (even 30+ minutes after I finished my iced tea). The food was room temperature, even the fried eggplant which is much better hot. The restaurant wasn't busy so it was not clear what the issue was with both the food and the service.
- Young adult hang-out atmosphereSweetVioletsDined on 9/6/2014I really like La Tasca, and have always liked their food and sangria, but this last time when I went it was surprisingly loud. Maybe I'm just getting old but it made it difficult for me to enjoy the food and catch up with a friend of mine from college. Even in the back we had to raise our voices to talk and most of the other people there were college-type young adults looking for somewhere to drink and munch before they went to the club. I've been here for lunch before and it was much quieter then. So if you're a young adult looking for that kind of atmosphere, the restaurant is great but to those like me who are really done with the bar scene, you may want to find somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatSusanDined on 9/5/2014The food at the Alexandria location is much better. I found the food at this location was not as well seasoned. A bit bland - even the same dishes. But it was still good, and is a great place to sit and visit while sharing small plates. The lunch specials are a good value.Special Features:
- Love Eating hereTpressDined on 8/30/2014It is always a pleasure dining here - particularly if you have a group of people with different dining tastes. Also great for folks who are not that hungry or really hungry to manage their portions.Special Features:
- SangriaCouchDined on 8/29/2014The Sangria was amazing and the waiter was very helpful when we were undecided on what to get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceTapasrtastyDined on 8/16/2014I booked this restaurant for a casual business dinner with clients &score-workers. It did not disappoint. The next day everyone was still making positive comments about the food & wine. Great service, window table with a view of all the people & happenings on 7th Street. We ordered the Tasting menu along with the mixed Paella. With a table of six people none if us left hungry. The grilled lamb chops were tasty, cooked perfectly. The tomato salad was fresh and had a great dressing (yellow & small red tomatoes). Dessert sampler had a selection if four of the desserts. The plot ion were large and we left lots on the plate. The churro sand chocolate mouse were my favorites.Special Features:
- AmandaKDined on 8/15/2014Love this spot - the food and sangria is delicious. The dessert as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good deal for restaurant weekFrogger813Dined on 8/15/2014The tapas just weren't as good as other places, but it is restaurant week and that probably brings more people in than they are used to. Our server was amazing and treated us so kindly. I would definitely recommend going for a quick bite, but request to be seated away from the happy hour bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciouswojo4hitzDined on 8/14/2014Everything I've ever gotten here has been delicious. Yesterday tried the spinach salad, potato/onion omelette, and pork and beef meatballs. All were delicious. My partner had the empanadas, small pork medallions, and chicken skewers. I don't have a single bad thing to say!Special Features:
- Good placeMaryDined on 8/14/2014A group from work went to La Tasca for lunch during restaurant week. The waiter was very good, attentive and friendly. He did a good job of recommending items on the menu. The food was excellent, perfectly prepared and delicious. It was a great experience, and we will certainly be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotBboothDined on 8/13/2014The food was amazing, The service was professional and our waiter was spot on with his reccomendations. Plenty of food. Don't worry you won't go hungry.Special Features: