La Tasca - Penn Quarter
722 7th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
La Tasca - Penn Quarter
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latascausa.com/
- Phone: 202-347-9190
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Josu Zubikarai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 2 private floors available with a private bar.
- Private Party Contact: Ken Skidmore 2023478839
- Entertainment: Friday - Live Band @ 10pm
Saturday - Sals Club Nights with Bachateame 11pm - 3am
- Special Events: Every Day:
Dinner & a Movie Menu
1 starter item, 5 of your favorite tapas,
1 speciality dessert, two movie tickets
Mondays thru Wednesdays
Unlimited Tapas @ $30 per person
Begins @ 4pm until closing
Complimentary Paella in the Bar
& Live Music with "Deep Dreams"
A word from La Tasca - Penn Quarter
La Tasca is a careful blend of everything about Spain – warm décor, authentic cuisine and friendly hospitality. All these combine to create a unique and genuine atmosphere. La Tasca strives to keep the Spanish culture and passion alive in its restaurants; to be local within its community while bringing to it a taste of Spain. La Tasca is a Spanish restaurant with a combination of more than 45 Tapas dishes, delicious menu specials, 6 different paellas, 11 sangria blends, Spanish wines and beers. La Tasca has five locations in the United States; one in Baltimore and four in the Washington metro area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpanish
La Tasca - Penn Quarter - Best Restaurants in Penn Quarter ›
La Tasca - Penn Quarter reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (59)fit for foodies (55)vibrant bar scene (42)special occasion (35)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (30)hot spot (26)great for brunch (17)late-night find (16)romantic (16)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- Late Night DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Quick service, good prices. The Gambas Al Ajillo was delicious...can't wait to get more. The Pastelitos De Cangrejo was a fresh take on crab cakes. The Sangria is always yummy. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The food was outstanding and the environment fun. It was easy to make reservations online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Sangria ListOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014La Tasca has a nice variety of specialty sangrias. The restaurant also has wonderful tapa specials. Many choices allow people on special eat diets to heartily.Special Features:
- great spotwesthoustonfoodie1Dined on 10/8/2014We were a party of six on four separate checks. Service was awesome. Food was great. The brussel sprouts were divine. I will visit again on another trip to DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food seems to have gotten better!EatHappyVIPDined on 9/29/2014This is the second time we dined here in a month - and the food seemed to taste even better. Even the service is better, friendlier, and less hurried. Maybe it is because it was still early in the evening and on a weekday - when the cooks are not so rushed due to the crowds - compared to weekends.Special Features:
- La TascababliDined on 9/28/2014our group of 9 enjoyed the dinner and the service very much.Special Features:
- excellent food, pretty good serviceDanield528Dined on 9/27/2014Three of us booked using open table and had dinner on a Saturday night. We were given an excellent table at the window. We had ten small plates, three desserts, half a pitcher of sangria and the while thing was around $120. The food was fantastic...must try the bacon wrapped dates. Service was slightly inattentive but friendly and pleasant. When our spinach was ordered three times and forgotten repeatedly, our waiter offered us free desert without us complaining at all. Very good customer service. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Tasty!FoodieDinesOftenDined on 9/27/2014Great for a night out with friends! Buy a few different options (3-5 per 2 people) and share with friends! Everything we tried was delicious and the drinks were great! You can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014We had a group of girlfriends coming in for a weekend and very different palates (vegetarian, dietier, picky eater, etc) so tapas seemed like a wonderful option. La Tasca did not disappoint. Large and varied menu. Had some of their cured meats, which were wonderful. Shrimp in garlic sauce was a bit heavy handed though. Wait staff was very attentive. Glad we went and would go back again, though not for a romantic dinner as the restaurant is a bit loud.
- Great for pre-theater diningTolstayaDined on 9/26/2014The tapas (recommend patatas bravas, calamares a la andaluza) were more substantial in portion than we've seen in other tapas places and delicious. The tinta premium is excellent! The service friendly but not chatty, attentive but not obtrusive. It makes a fine meal to precede a show at Woolly Mammoth just down about two blocks and around the corner. You could even do Happy Hour and enjoy a real bargain for price to food quality. The restaurant's only issue is noise--many people enjoy the place and while the ambiance is pleasant, they could consult a designer to add things to absorb sound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- writereaderDined on 9/21/2014I love this place, but I particularly love the all you can eat tapas for $35. I didn't realize that was Mon-Fri only, so I was disappointed we couldn't do that for my birthday this past Saturday, but we still had a fantastic time and drank lots of yummy sangria. The bacon-wrapped dates are my favorites...Special Features:
- Party of 7MaryDined on 9/20/2014We ordered the $33 pp option off of the party menu. Way too much food for us. Everything was good and the steak and eggplant were out of this world. Great margueritas too! I would strongly recommend it as a fun place with good food. Only downside was the noise level made it fairly difficult to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great settingMonchoDined on 9/13/2014We had an excellent time. Tapas were delicious. The drink menu is incredible. The sangrias are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Quite Up to ParDCVegVIPDined on 9/8/2014I was disappointed in this recent dining experience. The server, while charming, was not attentive and we were not asked if we wanted our drinks refilled (even 30+ minutes after I finished my iced tea). The food was room temperature, even the fried eggplant which is much better hot. The restaurant wasn't busy so it was not clear what the issue was with both the food and the service.
- Young adult hang-out atmosphereSweetVioletsDined on 9/6/2014I really like La Tasca, and have always liked their food and sangria, but this last time when I went it was surprisingly loud. Maybe I'm just getting old but it made it difficult for me to enjoy the food and catch up with a friend of mine from college. Even in the back we had to raise our voices to talk and most of the other people there were college-type young adults looking for somewhere to drink and munch before they went to the club. I've been here for lunch before and it was much quieter then. So if you're a young adult looking for that kind of atmosphere, the restaurant is great but to those like me who are really done with the bar scene, you may want to find somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatSusanDined on 9/5/2014The food at the Alexandria location is much better. I found the food at this location was not as well seasoned. A bit bland - even the same dishes. But it was still good, and is a great place to sit and visit while sharing small plates. The lunch specials are a good value.Special Features:
- Love Eating hereTpressDined on 8/30/2014It is always a pleasure dining here - particularly if you have a group of people with different dining tastes. Also great for folks who are not that hungry or really hungry to manage their portions.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceTapasrtastyDined on 8/16/2014I booked this restaurant for a casual business dinner with clients &score-workers. It did not disappoint. The next day everyone was still making positive comments about the food & wine. Great service, window table with a view of all the people & happenings on 7th Street. We ordered the Tasting menu along with the mixed Paella. With a table of six people none if us left hungry. The grilled lamb chops were tasty, cooked perfectly. The tomato salad was fresh and had a great dressing (yellow & small red tomatoes). Dessert sampler had a selection if four of the desserts. The plot ion were large and we left lots on the plate. The churro sand chocolate mouse were my favorites.Special Features:
- AmandaKDined on 8/15/2014Love this spot - the food and sangria is delicious. The dessert as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good deal for restaurant weekFrogger813Dined on 8/15/2014The tapas just weren't as good as other places, but it is restaurant week and that probably brings more people in than they are used to. Our server was amazing and treated us so kindly. I would definitely recommend going for a quick bite, but request to be seated away from the happy hour bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciouswojo4hitzDined on 8/14/2014Everything I've ever gotten here has been delicious. Yesterday tried the spinach salad, potato/onion omelette, and pork and beef meatballs. All were delicious. My partner had the empanadas, small pork medallions, and chicken skewers. I don't have a single bad thing to say!Special Features:
- Good placeMaryDined on 8/14/2014A group from work went to La Tasca for lunch during restaurant week. The waiter was very good, attentive and friendly. He did a good job of recommending items on the menu. The food was excellent, perfectly prepared and delicious. It was a great experience, and we will certainly be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotBboothDined on 8/13/2014The food was amazing, The service was professional and our waiter was spot on with his reccomendations. Plenty of food. Don't worry you won't go hungry.Special Features:
- Hit or MissebbyDined on 8/12/2014I have been to La Tasca about 4 times both for happy hour and dinner. The first time we had dinner here our dinner was great. This time the service was poor. We waited a long time for our drinks and food to come. When our food did arrive it was cold. Most likely won't go back for a while.
- Wonderful service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/8/2014I've always wanted to eat at La Tasca, finally my boyfriend and I decided to make a reservation and went. The downfall was the hostess when we arrived she didn't even acknowledge us she was more focused on the computer. The server (LUIS) saved it thru out the whole night, he was so attentive and made sure everything was going good. The food on the other hand was just perfect everything tasted so good, I would absolutely will go back. The service was just awesome(props to the manager who hired him).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas near the National MallTheLievenseDined on 8/3/2014After a long day of walking around the mall we went to this tapas place which is only 5 blocks or so from the mall (right near the Chinatown metro station). Everything that we had was delicious and the service was top notch. The list of sangrias is both impressive and mouth watering. They also do a "dinner & a movie" special. Overall a great little place to have dinner or lunch.Special Features:
- La Tasca is our Chinatown fav!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014My boyfriend and I love La Tasca! The drinks are well made. The food is delicious! The bar atmosphere is vibrant for a trip into DC on the weekends. The dining room offers cozy tables for two which gives us just the right amount of romance without us having to overdress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service- Lousy HygieneTheHawkVIPDined on 8/1/2014The place was half empty and we still couldn't get service to start. Two people seated next to a loud table of 8- couldn't hear ourselves think. We were moved (grudgungly)- remember the restaurant is half full. When the food came no serving utensils were provided so after the first dish there was no option but to use your eating utensils to scoop from the tapas serving dishes.There seemed to be no recognition that separate serving ware is more appropriate and hygienic. I guess this all goes unnoticed by the sporting events crowds who often frequent the place but it will be my last visit as the first attempt to dine here did not go much better.
- Just DeliciousGemmyVIPDined on 7/31/2014La Tasca never disappoints. Huge variety of small plates, excellent brunch deal, strong drinks, and an interesting selection of sangrias. One of my go-to Penn Quarter spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Sangria Brunch is amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014The place was packed for Sunday brunch and we had a large group but the service was wonderful! The brunch tapas were great and the selection of unlimited sangrias (or cava or mimosas) was fantastic! Couldn't have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as Always!!CncrndcitzenDined on 7/26/2014Another awesome experience at La Tasca! It has become our eatery of choice before events at the Verizon Center and Nationals Stadium! Thank you Stefany for taking care of us so well! See you in October if not before!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/24/2014Having been to La Tasca before, I was expecting a decent experience but they seemed to hit everything right out of the park last Thursday night (starting with the waiter noticing our trouble reading the menu in the low light and bringing over a tiny flashlight for us). Service was excellent and every dish was wonderful (flavors, temperature, consistency,... ).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great Eats!speakeatsyDined on 7/24/2014This was my first time at La Tasca. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience here! The hostess and our waitress were extremely friendly and the place had a nice energetic vibe. The food was exceptional and our waitress had good knowledge of the menu and the portions and made very good suggestions. The Charcuterie Board was fabulous! Kudos to the Bartender who made my Gin Martini - I'll be back for the food AND another Martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great group experienceNancDined on 7/21/2014Very fun way to enjoy DC with friends. The shared menu selection was very good.Special Features:
- t Delicious tapas and sangrianinny13Dined on 7/19/2014I highly recommend getting one of the tapas sampler meals- plenty of food for 3 adults. Not quite as good as the tapas I ate in Madrid, but definitely created by a thoughtful chef.Special Features:
- very good tapasmpeanoDined on 7/17/2014Good selection of tapas that you can share with everyone at the table. Good spanish wine. A recomendation in Washington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 Small Plate PlaceLadyDiVIPDined on 7/4/2014Trust me, you can't go wrong. Something on the menu for everyone and the food is excellent. I go at least once a week - yes, I eat out a lot and it's my favorite. I really enjoyed watching the World Cup = these customers make great fans and the staff really helped enjoy the excitement even more. The sangria is great too. Red or White you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- good for team lunchdebtDined on 7/2/2014the Wednesday lunch special is great; tapas are generous;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paella?jcfoodieDined on 6/29/2014I have eaten paella in several restaurants, and I admit I have not had any since I've lived in DC, but this was not REAL paella- to start, they got the order wrong; but the dish they did send did not have enough saffron, over cooked shellfish, neither the sausage (did not really taste like chorizo) nor the chicken had any flavor... The bread and seafood tapas I ordered were ok; so was the sangria. The server was apologetic and they did credit the bill, so that helped.Special Features:
- HeartburnGoVegVIPDined on 6/24/2014Found that most of the options (including vegetables) were fried. The calamari were greasy and tasteless; the brussels sprouts were unrecognizable under their hard, fried coating. The noise level was excessive. In all, not a pleasant experience.
- The following 1085 reviews are from the La Tasca - Penn Quarter reviews archive.