La Tasca - Penn Quarter
722 7th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
La Tasca - Penn Quarter
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latascausa.com/
- Phone: 202-347-9190
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Josu Zubikarai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 2 private floors available with a private bar.
- Private Party Contact: Ken Skidmore 2023478839
- Entertainment: Friday - Live Band @ 10pm
Saturday - Sals Club Nights with Bachateame 11pm - 3am
- Special Events: Every Day:
Dinner & a Movie Menu
1 starter item, 5 of your favorite tapas,
1 speciality dessert, two movie tickets
Mondays thru Wednesdays
Unlimited Tapas @ $30 per person
Begins @ 4pm until closing
Complimentary Paella in the Bar
& Live Music with "Deep Dreams"
A word from La Tasca - Penn Quarter
La Tasca is a careful blend of everything about Spain – warm décor, authentic cuisine and friendly hospitality. All these combine to create a unique and genuine atmosphere. La Tasca strives to keep the Spanish culture and passion alive in its restaurants; to be local within its community while bringing to it a taste of Spain. La Tasca is a Spanish restaurant with a combination of more than 45 Tapas dishes, delicious menu specials, 6 different paellas, 11 sangria blends, Spanish wines and beers. La Tasca has five locations in the United States; one in Baltimore and four in the Washington metro area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpanish
La Tasca - Penn Quarter - Best Restaurants in Penn Quarter ›
La Tasca - Penn Quarter reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (66)good for groups (57)vibrant bar scene (48)special occasion (46)great for lunch (29)neighborhood gem (28)romantic (27)hot spot (25)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (14)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Enjoyable experienceTapasrtastyDined on 8/16/2014I booked this restaurant for a casual business dinner with clients &score-workers. It did not disappoint. The next day everyone was still making positive comments about the food & wine. Great service, window table with a view of all the people & happenings on 7th Street. We ordered the Tasting menu along with the mixed Paella. With a table of six people none if us left hungry. The grilled lamb chops were tasty, cooked perfectly. The tomato salad was fresh and had a great dressing (yellow & small red tomatoes). Dessert sampler had a selection if four of the desserts. The plot ion were large and we left lots on the plate. The churro sand chocolate mouse were my favorites.Special Features:
- AmandaKDined on 8/15/2014Love this spot - the food and sangria is delicious. The dessert as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good deal for restaurant weekFrogger813Dined on 8/15/2014The tapas just weren't as good as other places, but it is restaurant week and that probably brings more people in than they are used to. Our server was amazing and treated us so kindly. I would definitely recommend going for a quick bite, but request to be seated away from the happy hour bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciouswojo4hitzDined on 8/14/2014Everything I've ever gotten here has been delicious. Yesterday tried the spinach salad, potato/onion omelette, and pork and beef meatballs. All were delicious. My partner had the empanadas, small pork medallions, and chicken skewers. I don't have a single bad thing to say!Special Features:
- Good placeMaryDined on 8/14/2014A group from work went to La Tasca for lunch during restaurant week. The waiter was very good, attentive and friendly. He did a good job of recommending items on the menu. The food was excellent, perfectly prepared and delicious. It was a great experience, and we will certainly be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotBboothDined on 8/13/2014The food was amazing, The service was professional and our waiter was spot on with his reccomendations. Plenty of food. Don't worry you won't go hungry.Special Features:
- Hit or MissebbyDined on 8/12/2014I have been to La Tasca about 4 times both for happy hour and dinner. The first time we had dinner here our dinner was great. This time the service was poor. We waited a long time for our drinks and food to come. When our food did arrive it was cold. Most likely won't go back for a while.
- Wonderful service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/8/2014I've always wanted to eat at La Tasca, finally my boyfriend and I decided to make a reservation and went. The downfall was the hostess when we arrived she didn't even acknowledge us she was more focused on the computer. The server (LUIS) saved it thru out the whole night, he was so attentive and made sure everything was going good. The food on the other hand was just perfect everything tasted so good, I would absolutely will go back. The service was just awesome(props to the manager who hired him).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas near the National MallTheLievenseDined on 8/3/2014After a long day of walking around the mall we went to this tapas place which is only 5 blocks or so from the mall (right near the Chinatown metro station). Everything that we had was delicious and the service was top notch. The list of sangrias is both impressive and mouth watering. They also do a "dinner & a movie" special. Overall a great little place to have dinner or lunch.Special Features:
- La Tasca is our Chinatown fav!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014My boyfriend and I love La Tasca! The drinks are well made. The food is delicious! The bar atmosphere is vibrant for a trip into DC on the weekends. The dining room offers cozy tables for two which gives us just the right amount of romance without us having to overdress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service- Lousy HygieneTheHawkVIPDined on 8/1/2014The place was half empty and we still couldn't get service to start. Two people seated next to a loud table of 8- couldn't hear ourselves think. We were moved (grudgungly)- remember the restaurant is half full. When the food came no serving utensils were provided so after the first dish there was no option but to use your eating utensils to scoop from the tapas serving dishes.There seemed to be no recognition that separate serving ware is more appropriate and hygienic. I guess this all goes unnoticed by the sporting events crowds who often frequent the place but it will be my last visit as the first attempt to dine here did not go much better.
- Just DeliciousGemmyVIPDined on 7/31/2014La Tasca never disappoints. Huge variety of small plates, excellent brunch deal, strong drinks, and an interesting selection of sangrias. One of my go-to Penn Quarter spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Sangria Brunch is amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014The place was packed for Sunday brunch and we had a large group but the service was wonderful! The brunch tapas were great and the selection of unlimited sangrias (or cava or mimosas) was fantastic! Couldn't have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as Always!!CncrndcitzenDined on 7/26/2014Another awesome experience at La Tasca! It has become our eatery of choice before events at the Verizon Center and Nationals Stadium! Thank you Stefany for taking care of us so well! See you in October if not before!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/24/2014Having been to La Tasca before, I was expecting a decent experience but they seemed to hit everything right out of the park last Thursday night (starting with the waiter noticing our trouble reading the menu in the low light and bringing over a tiny flashlight for us). Service was excellent and every dish was wonderful (flavors, temperature, consistency,... ).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great Eats!speakeatsyDined on 7/24/2014This was my first time at La Tasca. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience here! The hostess and our waitress were extremely friendly and the place had a nice energetic vibe. The food was exceptional and our waitress had good knowledge of the menu and the portions and made very good suggestions. The Charcuterie Board was fabulous! Kudos to the Bartender who made my Gin Martini - I'll be back for the food AND another Martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great group experienceNancDined on 7/21/2014Very fun way to enjoy DC with friends. The shared menu selection was very good.Special Features:
- t Delicious tapas and sangrianinny13Dined on 7/19/2014I highly recommend getting one of the tapas sampler meals- plenty of food for 3 adults. Not quite as good as the tapas I ate in Madrid, but definitely created by a thoughtful chef.Special Features:
- very good tapasmpeanoDined on 7/17/2014Good selection of tapas that you can share with everyone at the table. Good spanish wine. A recomendation in Washington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 Small Plate PlaceLadyDiVIPDined on 7/4/2014Trust me, you can't go wrong. Something on the menu for everyone and the food is excellent. I go at least once a week - yes, I eat out a lot and it's my favorite. I really enjoyed watching the World Cup = these customers make great fans and the staff really helped enjoy the excitement even more. The sangria is great too. Red or White you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- good for team lunchdebtDined on 7/2/2014the Wednesday lunch special is great; tapas are generous;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paella?jcfoodieDined on 6/29/2014I have eaten paella in several restaurants, and I admit I have not had any since I've lived in DC, but this was not REAL paella- to start, they got the order wrong; but the dish they did send did not have enough saffron, over cooked shellfish, neither the sausage (did not really taste like chorizo) nor the chicken had any flavor... The bread and seafood tapas I ordered were ok; so was the sangria. The server was apologetic and they did credit the bill, so that helped.Special Features:
- HeartburnGoVegVIPDined on 6/24/2014Found that most of the options (including vegetables) were fried. The calamari were greasy and tasteless; the brussels sprouts were unrecognizable under their hard, fried coating. The noise level was excessive. In all, not a pleasant experience.
- Sangria Brunch was greatLauranapiranhaDined on 6/22/2014I went for the Sangria brunch and was pleasantly surprised that all types of Sangria were included including my fave the kiwi watermelon! We were given plenty of time to enjoy our food and drinks and had a great time.Special Features:
- Once Again, the Food Was GreatPhotobulbDined on 6/21/2014The gambas al ajillo of sautéed shrimp in olive oil with garlic and hot peppers was exceptionally flavorful, along with patatas bravas--diced fried potatoes, spicy tomato sauce and aioli. Great atmosphere for getting together with family and friends.Special Features:
- Melendez Review19meleDined on 6/21/2014I was at La Tasca to celebrate my wedding aniversary and I was very satisfied with the service. The tapas that I ordered was enough for me. The waitress that took care of my order was very gentile and the noise level was very low, so we were able to talk. I was able to move to a new location in order to get a better view.Special Features:
- Great food; service was lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2014Really enjoyed the food and drinks here; however the setup is terrible for groups. The hostess and waiter also explained two different theories for happy hour - one told us we could order from the bar and sit at the table and the other told us that was impossible. For a large group looking for happy hour (and who made a reservation), they were very unaccomodating. They eventually offered a different deal for drinks, but it was very frustrating trying to navigate their "rules." Also, nowhere on their website does it say that you must do happy hour at their bar. Very frustrating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My guests loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014I treated some friends for a dinner at La Tasca last night. We ordered the La Tasca Tasting Menu. This was their first time to eat tapas and my 3rd. My guests loved the savory foods in small plates. They especially enjoyed the lamb chops, shrimp with bacon, and the sweet tomatoes. I liked the grilled salmon and the steak (buey a a la plancha). Everything was just delicious! Service was excellent as well. We arrived earlier for the reservation but we were still accomodated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2014First time in DC. Recommended by a local. Easy to find, easy to park, nice atmosphere, good service, excellent tapas! Excellent cocktails.
- Decent tapas in Penn QuarterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2014If you like "vibrant" happy hours with decent food, La Tasca will likely make you happy. Probably not the best spot for a quite dinner, but the menu offers a wide selection of food and drink, making it easy to please a variety of culinary/dietary preferences. Several worthwhile GF offerings, and helpful staff. Every time I've peaked in at happy hour, it's been noisy and packed, but it was surprisingly easy to get dinner reservations for three on short notice after HH. No food complaints: I'd stuff the bacon-wrapped dates with something other than bleu cheese, but the papas, gambas al ajillo, and albondigas were fun (as they tend to be). It's not my favorite spot for tapas in that area, but I'd go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Took my friend here for her birthday. Food and sangria were awesome, loved out bartender. Definitely will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- below average tapasfastTraffikDined on 6/6/2014If you just want alcohol and noise, this is your place. I didn't try the sangria. If you want food, look elsewhere.Special Features:
- Always excellent!ArielDSVIPDined on 6/5/2014One of my favorite restaurants in DC. Never disappointing. Great sangria selections. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's A Go-To FavoriteLadyDiVIPDined on 6/3/2014I love this place. Sometimes spotty but it's personal preference when it comes to food. I tried the menu recommendation that lists all the plates available for 2-3 people. Each was fabulous. You need to try it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014Everything was fantastic! Ordered the tabla de salmon and a beautiful cocktail (I think it was the cadiz) for myself and it was all delicious. I wasn't terribly hungry, but so many of the menu items looked amazing and I can't wait to try more. Our waitress was very knowledgeable, friendly, and sweet. I will definitely be coming back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner!SusieQVIPDined on 5/30/2014Always excellent food and service. They have added new drinks to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to bring groups hereAudreyDined on 5/29/2014The Arte party menu is perfect for groups! Every selection is delicious and you don't have to think about a thing!Special Features:
- Greatly disappointingDCFoodieVIPDined on 5/28/2014We tried a variety of tapas and everything was uniformly bad except for the cheese plate, which they did not have to cook. Octopus overdone and chewy, paella was fishy, meatballs were tasteless. we walked out of there and felt bad about spending any money in this restaurant. The service was fine, but they cannot overcome bad food.
- TheSettingIsKeyVIPDined on 5/24/2014The decor of La Tasca is wonderful. It made me feel like I was right back in Spain. The food was quite good, but the noise level made it difficult to have a conversation, and we were sitting in the corner! There is nothing to reduce the noise level: no carpeting or wall hangings. Our waitress was just awful. Didn't get menus until long after we arrived, did not get silverware until 5 minutes after our food arrived. We asked for boxes to take the leftover paella home, but she never did clear the paella dishes, not when she brought the check or when she returned for payment. As a former waitress myself, I thought perhaps she just had too many tables to cover, but my son saw her several times just chatting with other wait staff.Special Features:
- New favorite restaurantcj3901Dined on 5/23/2014What a great restaurant. Food was fantastic, they have a good wine list and they offer samplings of paella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.