La Tasca - Baltimore
201 East Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
La Tasca - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.latascausa.com/
- Phone: 4102092563
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday : 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Executive Chef: Angel Tlapanco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties of up to 75 inside or 80 for outside seating (seasonal). Whether you are looking for an informal gathering or a formal dinner, La Tasca offers the best party options in the Inner Harbor with special food and beverage packages and gorgeous views of the waterfront.
- Private Party Contact: Julio Febrer 4102092562
- Entertainment: Flamenco Dancers perform every Saturday evening. We have two shows beginning at 7:30 p.m. No cover!
- Special Events: Mon-Wed - Unlimited tapas ($25 lunch, $35 dinner)
Happy Hour everyday of the week
Saturday - Our live Flamenco dancers will transport you to Spain without leaving the Inner Harbor – the first show begins around 7PM
Sunday - Take advantage of our unbeatable Taste of Spain Menu Includes our signature La Tasca Tasting Menu, a bottle of wine or sangria pitcher, and two desserts – all for $75
A word from La Tasca - Baltimore
La Tasca is a careful blend of everything about Spain — warm décor, authentic cuisine and friendly hospitality. All these combine to create a unique and genuine atmosphere. La Tasca strives to keep the Spanish culture and passion alive in its restaurants; to be local within its community while bringing to it, a taste of Spain.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Tasca - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (3)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Mother's DayOakTreeDined on 5/11/2014The 3 pm reservation on Mother's Day was perfect as the brunch crowd was gone. The wait staff was attentive and friendly and we did not feel rushed. Had a nice table overlooking the inner harbor.Special Features:
- Hit or MissFoodFanDined on 5/10/2014Overall, our experience here was pretty good, and I would be up for trying the restaurant again. Out of about 7 tapas that we ordered, 5 were really good. I would NOT recommend the meatballs; they were extremely dry and difficult to chew. The view of the harbor was great, and our server was very nice and attentive.Special Features:
- Don't believe what you readTracyMDined on 5/8/2014First off, the setting facing the Inner Harbor was great, so I thought it would be nice. Then it took forever for a waiter to come over and take our drink order and then get them out to us. He was not very knowledgeable about the menu and when asked about the gluten free options said that they were and then after multiple times of asking he finally found out that what they say is gluten free really is not! Only partial, so beware! The food was ok- nothing stupendous at all. Won't be going back.
- The following 543 reviews are from the La Tasca - Baltimore reviews archive.
- Nice harbor viewhard2pleaseDined on 4/30/2014We were here during a very raining (local floods) evening, so the place was pretty empty. Our waiter was very helpful. Food was average. View of the Inner Harbor was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the party menuFeliciaVIPDined on 4/29/2014For large groups, I would recommend the party menu. For $33 per person, we had salad, calamari, manchego cheese, grilled asparagus, fried eggplant, potatoes, chicken satay, steak, shrimps, & empanadas. We had more than enough. The service was quick and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapasGroupDinnerDined on 4/28/2014I went with a group of 10 and with a reservation were seated immediately. The tapas to share were great and enough for everyone to taste and be full. After those we were ready for dessert. We also opted for the dessert sampler. Great choice!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLoverfoodieDined on 4/28/2014Great tapas! I especially love the datiles con tocino.Special Features:
- First Time at La TascawelovetoeatDined on 4/26/2014It was our first time dining at La Tasca and went based on the recommendation of a friend. Thankfully we had reservations because there was a line at the door. The food came out quickly and was delicious. Our waiter was very attentive and was able to make recommendations and they were all spot on. There wasn't anything that we didn't like! We will most definitely be back!Special Features:
- disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/14/2014amazing location but very bad food and service. Not an authentic tapas place.Special Features:
- Small platesBequebelleVIPDined on 4/13/2014I've been a couple times now & the restaurant is fine. The service is good but the attentiveness to each table could be improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and FlavorfulBDayGirlDined on 4/12/2014A great place to try some different flavors. With tapas ("small plates") you get to try many dishes, instead of having to decide on one entree. With a group of people sharing, you can have even more selections! Each dish we tried looked beautiful and tasted wonderful. Several different sangrias are also available, and delicious. Service was excellent, food came out quickly. Only small criticism: the place is pretty noisy! But a great, fun place to look out over the Inner Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewBequebelleVIPDined on 4/2/2014I really like La Tasca because of the location on the harbor and because of the atmosphere. It doesn't feel like I've walked into a restaurant that is trying to be authentic. It still has the feel of a traditional style Tapas restaurant.Special Features:
- Great experienceCMC91Dined on 3/18/2014Overall La Tasca is a wonderful restaurant. I dined there alone for lunch then two days later with a group of 7. Both occasions were excellent. The food might be overpriced a little, but it is delicious! Don't miss the sangria, but the wine list is also impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Isaac Fernandez Wine Tasting EventNewToFrederickDined on 3/13/2014I attended this event with friends and we had a fabulous night!! Each of the tapas were deliciously prepared and paired with a lovely wine. It was great to have Isaac Fernandez there proving background on the wines. I certainly hope that this event is repeated again because I would love to enjoy it again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food with a gorgeous viewblueyz0013VIPDined on 3/9/2014The food offerings on the menu were quite diverse and we had a tough time making our choices because we wanted to order all of the small plates. The restaurant was quiet inside where we sat but had quite a few tables filled outside, presumably because this was one of the first days with good weather in quite some time. The place has great views of the harbor and is not priced like it does which is a really nice bonus. The only downside was that because we were one of the few tables inside, we did not receive as much attention as perhaps some of the tables outside did but I would say all that got in the way of was ordering another set of drinks. Otherwise, the servers had a great attitude and were a pleasure to talk to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialAbbyJDined on 3/1/2014Food was just ok. I wasn't blown away with anything. The server was great and got us in and out with plenty of time to spare before our show.Special Features:
- Great Tapas ConceptmikmarDined on 2/23/2014La Tasca does have a great tapas concept, however the delicious items offered are not prepared well,. They reminded me of the quality of food at Denny's. This is the second time I've been there and we will not be going back due to poor quality of food. The server was also not sure of the menu or times of specials being offered.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week, 2014emc417Dined on 2/22/2014Loved this restaurant, will definitely be going back, even if I have to pay full price. We had a table right on the harbor - it was a beautiful view. And every tapa was delicious, I went with two friends and we couldn't decide who ordered the best meal. And the raspberry creme dessert? Too good!Special Features:
- TYRONEtyroneDined on 2/21/2014Went during restaurant week. Price was good. Food was OK
- TitleramramSatyaDined on 2/21/2014Very nice restaurant. The tapas were all very tasty and filling, and the service was fantastic. We went during Restaurant Week, so the prices were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenniJenniDined on 2/21/2014This was our first time experiencing and it will not be our last. While our table wasn't the best, we were right by the kitchen so food was hot but seating was tight. Staff were friendly and it was a all around nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014The food was delicious (empanadas, eggplant chips) and varied. Fantastic fresh ingredients, fast preparation and service. Great sangria for a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not tiny bitesPeachDined on 2/20/2014but very generous servings with delicious authentic Spanish flavors like real jamon serrano and manchego cheese. All dishes can be shared for an even more delightful taste experience. The special Restaurant Week menu offered a choice of 3 dishes per person plus desert, more than enough food for one person. Drinks are always extra. The restaurant has a full bar. It overlooks the Inner Harbor, a lovely view day or night. One or two small plates make a great lunch.Special Features:
- Good timePickyDined on 2/19/2014My wife and I visited La Tasca for the second time and we were not disappointed. The service was great and the food was just as delicious as we remembered. It will not be our last visit.Special Features:
- Excellent foodlagatakimDined on 2/15/2014Great for couples, friends, or families. The food was wonderful and the Flamenco dancers were an enjoyable surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Spanish Tapas!MarieDined on 2/15/2014We love La Tasca and have been to multiple La Tasca locations. The food here was by far the best we've had, but the ambience left something to be desired for me. The restaurant is extremely small, but has a gorgeous view. At least half of the tables are right near the kitchen doors, so it makes for a not-so-great experience. That being said, the waiter and manager were both extremely helpful when we had questions about promotions, food, etc.Special Features:
- Good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014I saw how good the reviews were of La Tasca and decided to try it out. My wife and I loved everything from the music to the food, view, and ambiance. Definitely my kind of place! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so Spain...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014The food was bland and there weren't many varieties. We waited almost 15 minutes just to get water and menus.Special Features:
- NOT...what is USED to be...Night2KnightDined on 1/31/2014For those who visited La Tasca before the downstairs part, the ambiance was very upswing...I used to go there for their lobster paella....when I tried "pescador paella"..it just wasn't right...the color was off...it was non decorative...I mean, it just wasn't right..Unfortunately my wife and I agreed this'll be the last time we visit and have decided to make "Tio Pepe's" restaurant our new seafood paella place...sorry.Special Features:
- Great Meal with a Great FriendCarolineDined on 1/25/2014My very best friend and I just visited La Tasca this past weekend. All I can say is wow! We had a nice variety of tapas; from chicken to seafood to sausage to pork to many different veggies, they all were fantastic. The pitcher mango blackberry sangria was finished quickly, as it was delicious as well. The place was pretty empty, leaving us with a peaceful atmosphere, and the staff was very courteous and friendly. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy HourAnthonyDined on 1/20/2014Great Happy Hour specials! The empanadas, mussels, and sangrias were top-notch, the gambas and fried eggplant were okay. I would definitely come back though - the bartender was friendly and non-obtrusive, only critique would be to offer a knife with the cheese board.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/18/2014We arrived and we were immediately seated at a window table overlooking the Inner Harbor. The service was great and the food delicious. The varieties of sangria are amazing but we selected the Blackberry Mango, which was delicious. There were two of us and each tapas plate contained an enormous amount of food and each dish was better than the last. We had a hard time selecting from the vast menu. All in all, a great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star Restaurant! Try now!MKz2centsDined on 1/11/2014I took my wife and our 4 yr old kiddo to this place this weekend. We loved everything this restaurant offered that night. I lived in Andalucia Provice, Spain for 7 months and also visited Madrid & Barcelona several times. Foods were American-Spanish fusion but definitely could taste and feel Spain, especially when you look outside their window towards the harbor. Enough said, we highly recommend this place. You won't get disappointed. Try now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveYoetDined on 12/31/2013We had a wonderful time at La Tasca on New Year's Eve. After all-you-can-eat tapas from a nice selection of choices, wine, and desert, we were entertained by two female Flamenco dancers. Our waitress was very attentive, friendly, and nice to talk to. At midnight we each received a small bag with 12 grapes for each month of the new year, to be consumed in the last minutes before midnight, along with a glass of champagne. We celebrated the incoming new year with the rest of the folks at the Inner Harbor by standing on the balcony, right outside the restaurant, which has a terrific view on the replica U.S. Constellation and the harbor. All in all it was a New Year's to remember. Thank you, La Tasca, Baltimore!Special Features:
- Lunching in BaltimoreYannaDined on 12/31/2013The restaurant is perfectly located in the inner harbor and allows you to people watch while eating at your own pace. Delicious portions of tapas is served and the soups are amazing. It is a delightful way to spend an afternoon or early evening. We have had dinner there also in the past and enjoyed our meal as well. We will be back to the restaurant again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved the small cozy atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2013I loved the small cozy atmosphere of this restaurant. The waitress we had was very helpful in our determination of sangria and tapas on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and efficient people.LasVegasLennyVIPDined on 12/22/2013Nice and efficient people. Food was wheel prepared and tasty. Portions appropriate for tapas. Sangria a bit watery (too much ice).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & food1234VIPDined on 11/30/2013Our 3rd visit did not disappoint. Great food and wonderful, friendly service and incredible patience with our fussy Vegan friends. Lovely location overlooking the Baltimore Inner Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Tapas and AmbianceAmyC518Dined on 11/1/2013We had a group of four for dinner and all had one of the big sampler platters. We all loved passing all the dishes around to sample and everything we tried was wonderful. Two out of our four-person party had never had tapas before and it was a great introduction for them. Our waiter was attentive and kind and offered good suggestions for other tapas to try. We also finished the evening with dessert...all that we tried were equally as impressive. We sat out side overlooking the Inner Harbor and loved the vibrant scene below.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!! WeLovegoodfoodDined on 10/26/2013Wonderful experience!! We started our Bachelorette celebration at this restaurant. It was a first for most of us!! The service was very attentive, especially for our party of 10. The food was awesome!! We decided to share two of the tasting menus, which proved to be more food than we could eat, at an affordable $25pp. The fried eggplant slices were amazing!!! Our server, Rosie, made sure to make the experience a special one! I definitely plan to return with my husband for a more intimate experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.