La Tasca - Arlington
2900 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
La Tasca - Arlington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latascausa.com/
- Phone: 7038129120x
- Hours of Operation:
- Catering service available for any ocation.
- Unlimited Lunch $28 p/p 11:30 - 4:00pm (Weekdays)
- 2 Tapas $14 Lunch Deal 11:30 - 4:00pm (Weekdays)
- Special Patio Menu (Tapas $6) 3 - 7pm (Weekdays)
- Happy Hour (Bar Only) 4-7:30pm (Weekdays)
- Sabor de España - Sunday through Thursday $30 for 4 items from our Special Sabor de España Menu
- Sangria Brunch Menu @ $20 11:30 - 4pm (Weekends)
- Late Night Menu (Tapas $6) 11pm - 01am (Fri - Sat)
- Wednesdays - Wine Down Wines 50% off all bottles of wine (until 9pm)
- Thursdays - Sangria Pitchers $20.00 (until 9pm)
- Fridays - Live Flamenco Dancers Show
- Sundays - 25% off Paellas until 9pm
Spain is closer than you think!!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Josu Zubikarai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties and events up to nearly 230 guests. 3 levels, outdoor patio and a party menu with 3 specially priced options are available. Custom menus are also available. ~La Tasca has Something Different for Everybody: Rehearsal Dinner, Baptisms, Wedding Receptions & Ceremonies, Baby & Wedding Showers,Holiday parties, Bachelorette, Birthday's, Corporate, group happy hour, Fundraisers, Graduation Parties,Wine tastings, etc.
- Private Party Contact: Mario Fajardo 7038129120x
- Entertainment: Flamenco Dancing on Fridays @ 8:00pm
- Special Events:
A word from La Tasca - Arlington
Su-Th = 11:30am to 10:00pmContinued
F-Sat = 11:30am to 1:00am
F-Sat = 11:30am to 1:00am
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Tasca - Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (35)fit for foodies (28)great for outdoor dining (22)neighborhood gem (19)special occasion (15)great for lunch (11)romantic (9)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Good but noisyloulindyDined on 10/17/2014Our group of 5 enjoyed our dinner at La Tasca. The food, variety of dishes, and service were very good, and we enjoyed eating on the top floor of the restaurant. However, the noise level on the first floor was very high, and the noise carried so much that it was a bit loud on the top floor as well. We had to raise our voices to be heard, so it would not be a good place for an intimate/romantic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect local findluvspanishfdDined on 10/12/2014Terrific tapas, perfect paella and super sangrias. The atmosphere with high ceilings and interesting levels makes groups an intimate feel here. They have live music certain nights of the week. The Brussel sprouts, asparagus, grilled shrimp apps and chocolate chirros for dessert are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food tasted great, the rest ???sparklymegzDined on 10/11/2014To be honest, the food was really good. They had some amazing choices for tapas and we had a full table of food. Unfortunately, the service wasn't great. Our server was hard to come by. she offered us no suggestions, no assistance. She forgot a couple of our dishes, never offered us refills on sangria, beer, or anything else. At the end, when it came time to pay she said both credit cards were declined. Our credit cards were from two different people, so It seemed suspicious. The code on the declined receipt was "failed to initiate" which means they basically didn't turn the machine on. All in all the food was good, the service just wasn't worth our time.
- My Credit Card Number Was STOLEN!AmandaJWDined on 9/30/2014I visited La Tasca last night (9/30/14) with my friends and my credit card number was stolen to purchase a Western Union transfer for almost $500.00. Our server's name was Didier. Protect yourself, people and stay away from this restaurant.
- Nice but NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014We had a group of seven for our daughter's 18th birthday on a Monday evening. The food was fine. Service was fair at best. (One of the orders got lost. The waiter was quick with the expensive drinks, and entirely inattentive to my iced tea.) Be aware the noise level in this restaurant is LOUD. It's not heavy metal loud, but it's definitely up there. It'll certainly be a bother if your group is social and likes to be able to hear each other without having to raise their voices above a normal conversational level.Special Features:
- Quite goodGoodFoodLoverDined on 9/26/2014Pretty good food, though I don't care for the Paella. Noise level quite high, service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, loudJamieVIPDined on 9/13/2014I had never sat inside at La Tasca, and it was very nice, but the music was very loud. The food, as always, was excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysEtjsingerDined on 9/6/2014I brought a group of out-of-town family members to La Tasca for dinner on a Saturday night. Every person at the table LOVED all the food (I am a huge fan of the new menu items!) and several of us tried the flights of sangria (also a GREAT new addition!). We had a wonderful time and enjoyed every bite and sip of everything.Special Features:
- Great Food, Bad Servicemm123Dined on 8/30/2014I took my parents to this restaurant last Saturday night. The food was excellent and they had a good variety of tapas. We tried the salmon, a few salads, the chick pea stew, and a few other dishes and all of them were well prepared. The only negative was our server. She seemed genuinely annoyed whenever we ordered more dishes and didn't try to give any recommendations. She clearly did not want to be there and she was not prompt or attentive even though the restaurant was not very busy. Perhaps she was anxious to leave as were dining relatively late (~9PM) but it was not very professional. Overall, it is a great tapas place and I will likely return and just try to get a different server.Special Features:
- One of our FavoritesJoshDined on 8/30/2014I love going to La Tasca for dinner, especially for groups. Just order a bunch of different things and share it all family style. Don't miss out on the great variety of sangrias either.Special Features:
- Great Food, but...TonyDined on 8/23/2014La Tasca is great place to eat and drink, especially for special occasions. Everything was excellent last time we were there except for some reason we felt rushed. Instead of a leisurely dining experience, the food plates came a little too quickly; almost like we needed to be elsewhere at a set time. Other than that, the Sangria was excellent as usual, as was the foodSpecial Features:
- Fantastic food & sangria!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Nice ambiance, good service, delicious food and a nice variety of tapas. Overall, great experience!Special Features:
- JecaDined on 8/17/2014We went for restaurant week. Good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceparisiensVIPDined on 8/13/2014We went on a Wednesday night. They offer 1/2 price bottles of wine that night. The Tapas offer a blend of foods that are quite pleasing. A few shared tapas will fill you up. Don't order everything together. Space them out so that they don't all come at once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodSuburbanFoodieDined on 8/12/2014The mango blackberry sangria was delicious. So was the flan.Special Features:
- Late night snackHoneyBearDined on 8/9/2014Arriving at 9pm was no problem for La Tosca on a Saturday night as they immediately seated my part of two after starting that I had an Open Table reservation. Sweet window seat at a table that would usually seat 4 w/ a comfy sofa at one end. Service was prompt, food choices came to the table quickly and tasted great. DJ had some nice beats going in the background. Very nice night at La Tosca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014First time in neighborhood. A real find and would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodfredDined on 8/4/2014The only negative aspect is that the restrooms are upstairs via an open stairway, so ladies in dresses are not too comfortable about the exposure as they ascend / descend the stairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicknameVIPDined on 8/4/2014The food was good, but my friend has a shellfish allergy and the waiter was not sure what she could or could not eat. Because of his lack of knowledge about their cooking procedures, we were really concerned about whether or not she would have a reaction to the food. She ended up not really eating, which detracted from our experience.Special Features:
- Great restaurantDReedDined on 7/23/2014Loved the food at this restaurant. A lot of choices and they seem to have a great party package if you have a group that will eat a lot.Special Features:
- No good with a Living SocialwineNdine26Dined on 7/20/2014I went a few weeks ago with my boyfriend for our date night. We had purchased a Living Social deal for their "Taste of Spain" which included a number of tapas and dessert. Our table was actually quite nice, it was by a window and it was slightly secluded, so we could be alone. The food was very good & we enjoyed trying different tapas. The downside, however, was the service. We hardly saw our server the entire time after we notified him that we were using a Living Social deal. It felt as if we weren't as important or that he just assumed we weren't going to tip, which was insulting. We sat with empty glasses for quite a while, & we saw more of the bussers than our server. We just felt uncomfortable & unwelcome in a place we usually love.Special Features:
- tapastapasDined on 7/18/2014Great for tapas and sangria. multiple different items to choose from.Special Features:
- Tapas SpotFoodieX2VIPDined on 7/15/2014Good for tapas and drinks. Service was good considering how busy is was. Popular social scene. Has three floors of dining areas with interesting decor featuring a large staircase.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sangria good, food O.K.bethany1234Dined on 7/7/2014This was my second time here. I wasn't thrilled the first time, so we decided to give it another shot. We ended up there for happy hour then stayed for dinner. If you go, go for the happy hour 4-7:30. We ended up with two sangria's. The blueberry one was good, the cherry one tasted like cough syrup. We had ordered 9 tapas for the two of us and got a dessert but didn't leave stuffed. At happy hour prices this place is OK, and regular prices this place is a rip-off. The steak tapas was good, the paella was good, and the bacon wrapped pork (or chicken, I forgot) was good. The rest were fair. Overly I was not impressed. This place is more of a novelty than a great place to eat. If it isn't for happy hour, I won't be coming back.Special Features:
- The following 617 reviews are from the La Tasca - Arlington reviews archive.
- Server ManuelglutenfreegoddessDined on 6/24/2014Our waiter, Manuel, refused to split our checks BEFORE we ordered our food. He then forgot multiple food orders and also gave us food from other tables. The experience was confusing and frustrating. After we split up our tab for him, Manuel came back to our table and called out my name and asked me loudly "why did you only tip me 10%?" I wasn't going to complain about his service, but I did leave a tip that I felt matched his level of service. We were absolutely appalled that he had the nerve to ask why his tip was so small. Due to his behavior, we all agree that we will be reluctant to return to your restaurant. I always thought La Tasca was a classy establishment and your staff's behavior did not reflect the reputation of your chain.
- Great brunch spotKim3Dined on 6/22/2014Resetaurant was not crowded and outdoor seating provided a very relaxing and enjoyable experience. Would definitely recommend for brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in ArlingtonYale395VIPDined on 6/12/2014A very pleasanrt surprise to have landed at La Tasca. The service was excellent. The Price Value equation was very good. The quality of the food both in presentation and taste was also excellent. We travel to spain often where the Tapas cannot be challenged, but LaTasca gives it a run for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerStrangeDiningDined on 6/9/2014A girlfriend and I have been in Arlington for a few year and have walked by this restaurant numerous times but have never been in. We decided to give it a try for a birthday dinner. We enjoyed being able to sit outside and our server was nice. The food was terrible. Extremely over priced and for the tiniest of portions! I know it is a tapas restaurants but for the price I would have like to see at least two bites of food each dish. I left hungry and disappointed.
- TastyGrepsDined on 6/7/2014Food was very good. The small plates permit a tremendous variety. Kids were treated very well and were more than satisfied. Fried eggplant appetizer went over big! We have eaten there many times, but not with kids.Special Features:
- A Definite Must!!DannyVIPDined on 6/4/2014I went here with a few friends. Service started off to a slow start but we started with the Mango, Blackberry sangria as we waiting for one more person. I've had good sangria...this one was pretty amazing. The food is tapas. style which is what they are known for and everything was excellent. I especially like the fried manchetto served with a marmalade. we ended with a white Sangria. The weather was rainy outside, La Tasca made the evening well worth it. Happy eating.Special Features:
- Delightful spotirishmommaDined on 5/31/2014My friend and I had had a long day sightseeing and shopping. This was perfect: cozy, comfort food of a Spanish variety (the paella was perfect to divide between us), and abundant and eminently drinkable sangria. We were there early on Saturday, before the hipsters arrived, so the noise level was low and families with kids were there too -- very friendly.Special Features:
- Know your La Tasca Menudcfoodie97Dined on 5/26/2014I've been to La tasca, chinatown and arlington locations, and I've learned in my visits that you really need to figure out this menu, what works and what doesn't, to have a great meal. There are definitely disappointing dishes, but there are some really great and fun ones as well. My most recent visit was great, because I knew what I've had and I knew where Tasca would likely succeed. Love: dates, duck, chicken empanadas, shrimp in olive oil/garlic Skip: potato pancake with crab - all potato, no crab. this one might sting, but the sangria has never been great and its expensive. get something else, stuffed eggplant reservations are easy to grab, and kitchen does an even better job when it's not a crazy nightSpecial Features:
- Special Celebration: Great Evening!DiningDoctorDined on 5/24/2014We had dined previously several times at La Tasca-Arlington, but this was the first time we invited a number of Guests to join us for a Special Celebration Dinner. La Tasca-Arlington management was very helpful with planning. On the evening, our Party of 14 was well-served and everyone was very pleased with their food, drinks, and service. Guests' requests were met quickly and pleasantly. Restaurant Waitstaff was especially helpful explaining options to Guests with food allergies, and the Chef's and management's service in this regard was above-and-beyond expectations. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedjaycDined on 5/23/2014I've been to both DC and Alexandria locations. I recall food was better in both location than at Arlington. To begin with, I was thoroughly disappointed with the quality and quantity with paella. I live in NJ/NY area where there are many Spanish/tapas restaurants and never have I seen a dish cooked the way it was at Arlington La Tasca. Rice was a different type of grain; it was round, hard and was burnt on the bottom. Also there was lack of shell fish and for the price, quantity was too small. And the taste...lack luster. TAPAS also over priced and lack luster. Cadillac Sangria (most expensive) virtually had no taste which was a surprise since there shouldn't be difference in the ingredient where as food can differ from chef to chef.Special Features:
- Delicious as alwaysEtjsingerDined on 5/18/2014I love La Tasca! It's such a great place for groups- so much good food and the sangria is delicious! My only concern was that the bartender was handling a number of tables, including our table of 7, so he really wasn't able to come check on us frequently throughout our meal so we were there much longer than we had intended. Stanley was wonderful, and it completely wasn't his fault- there really should have been a waiter handling the tables because he was definitely busy behind the bar.Special Features:
- Great Celebration DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014We took my family here to celebrate graduation and everyone enjoyed the food and the service was great. I recommend the Sangria Blanca! Our favorite dishes were the empanadas, bacon wrapped pork tenderloin and toasted bread with crushed tomatoes and garlic. Really wonderful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch menu has changed :(FansDined on 5/16/2014We went back to this restaurant for our ladies gathering, however, the menu has changed this time, the dishes came out bigger. We like the original menu where we ordered smaller dishes and share, and we are able to try all of our favors.Special Features:
- Overall Very Goodcms20024Dined on 5/11/2014Really just one complaint in an otherwise enjoyable Mother's Day dinner. Single complaint was that while clearing some tapas plates, the server accidentally broke my half-full (half-empty?) glass of white wine and it spilled on me. Accidents are accidents, however, when I end up wearing the remaining wine I don't think that I should end up paying for it. Yet there it was on the final bill. Only down moment in an otherwise nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceKellyDined on 5/11/2014Came for Mother's Day and the food was delicious. It came out quickly and the waiter was very friendly and checked on us often. I brought my 5 month old and she liked staring at the decor, the ambiance was great. Brunch was a great deal!Special Features:
- Mother's Day brunchLuv2dineDined on 5/11/2014All in all, it was a nice experience. Our server was nice and attentive. Our good had great flavor but all the meats came out cold. We read that the moms were supposed to receive a flower but we did not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.