La Tasca - Arlington
2900 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
La Tasca - Arlington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latascausa.com/
- Phone: 7038129120x
- Hours of Operation:
- Catering service available for any ocation.
- Unlimited Lunch $28 p/p 11:30 - 4:00pm (Weekdays)
- 2 Tapas $14 Lunch Deal 11:30 - 4:00pm (Weekdays)
- Special Patio Menu (Tapas $6) 3 - 7pm (Weekdays)
- Happy Hour (Bar Only) 4-7:30pm (Weekdays)
- Sabor de España - Sunday through Thursday $30 for 4 items from our Special Sabor de España Menu
- Sangria Brunch Menu @ $20 11:30 - 4pm (Weekends)
- Late Night Menu (Tapas $6) 11pm - 01am (Fri - Sat)
- Wednesdays - Wine Down Wines 50% off all bottles of wine (until 9pm)
- Thursdays - Sangria Pitchers $20.00 (until 9pm)
- Fridays - Live Flamenco Dancers Show
- Sundays - 25% off Paellas until 9pm
Spain is closer than you think!!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Josu Zubikarai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties and events up to nearly 230 guests. 3 levels, outdoor patio and a party menu with 3 specially priced options are available. Custom menus are also available. ~La Tasca has Something Different for Everybody: Rehearsal Dinner, Baptisms, Wedding Receptions & Ceremonies, Baby & Wedding Showers,Holiday parties, Bachelorette, Birthday's, Corporate, group happy hour, Fundraisers, Graduation Parties,Wine tastings, etc.
- Private Party Contact: Mario Fajardo 7038129120x
- Entertainment: Flamenco Dancing on Fridays @ 8:00pm
- Special Events:
A word from La Tasca - Arlington
Su-Th = 11:30am to 10:00pmContinued
F-Sat = 11:30am to 1:00am
F-Sat = 11:30am to 1:00am
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Tasca - Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (38)great for outdoor dining (35)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (25)neighborhood gem (21)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (14)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)notable wine list (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- Fantastic food & sangria!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Nice ambiance, good service, delicious food and a nice variety of tapas. Overall, great experience!Special Features:
- JecaDined on 8/17/2014We went for restaurant week. Good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceparisiensVIPDined on 8/13/2014We went on a Wednesday night. They offer 1/2 price bottles of wine that night. The Tapas offer a blend of foods that are quite pleasing. A few shared tapas will fill you up. Don't order everything together. Space them out so that they don't all come at once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodSuburbanFoodieDined on 8/12/2014The mango blackberry sangria was delicious. So was the flan.Special Features:
- Late night snackHoneyBearDined on 8/9/2014Arriving at 9pm was no problem for La Tosca on a Saturday night as they immediately seated my part of two after starting that I had an Open Table reservation. Sweet window seat at a table that would usually seat 4 w/ a comfy sofa at one end. Service was prompt, food choices came to the table quickly and tasted great. DJ had some nice beats going in the background. Very nice night at La Tosca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014First time in neighborhood. A real find and would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodfredDined on 8/4/2014The only negative aspect is that the restrooms are upstairs via an open stairway, so ladies in dresses are not too comfortable about the exposure as they ascend / descend the stairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicknameVIPDined on 8/4/2014The food was good, but my friend has a shellfish allergy and the waiter was not sure what she could or could not eat. Because of his lack of knowledge about their cooking procedures, we were really concerned about whether or not she would have a reaction to the food. She ended up not really eating, which detracted from our experience.Special Features:
- Great restaurantDReedDined on 7/23/2014Loved the food at this restaurant. A lot of choices and they seem to have a great party package if you have a group that will eat a lot.Special Features:
- No good with a Living SocialwineNdine26Dined on 7/20/2014I went a few weeks ago with my boyfriend for our date night. We had purchased a Living Social deal for their "Taste of Spain" which included a number of tapas and dessert. Our table was actually quite nice, it was by a window and it was slightly secluded, so we could be alone. The food was very good & we enjoyed trying different tapas. The downside, however, was the service. We hardly saw our server the entire time after we notified him that we were using a Living Social deal. It felt as if we weren't as important or that he just assumed we weren't going to tip, which was insulting. We sat with empty glasses for quite a while, & we saw more of the bussers than our server. We just felt uncomfortable & unwelcome in a place we usually love.Special Features:
- tapastapasDined on 7/18/2014Great for tapas and sangria. multiple different items to choose from.Special Features:
- Tapas SpotFoodieX2VIPDined on 7/15/2014Good for tapas and drinks. Service was good considering how busy is was. Popular social scene. Has three floors of dining areas with interesting decor featuring a large staircase.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sangria good, food O.K.bethany1234Dined on 7/7/2014This was my second time here. I wasn't thrilled the first time, so we decided to give it another shot. We ended up there for happy hour then stayed for dinner. If you go, go for the happy hour 4-7:30. We ended up with two sangria's. The blueberry one was good, the cherry one tasted like cough syrup. We had ordered 9 tapas for the two of us and got a dessert but didn't leave stuffed. At happy hour prices this place is OK, and regular prices this place is a rip-off. The steak tapas was good, the paella was good, and the bacon wrapped pork (or chicken, I forgot) was good. The rest were fair. Overly I was not impressed. This place is more of a novelty than a great place to eat. If it isn't for happy hour, I won't be coming back.Special Features:
- Server ManuelglutenfreegoddessDined on 6/24/2014Our waiter, Manuel, refused to split our checks BEFORE we ordered our food. He then forgot multiple food orders and also gave us food from other tables. The experience was confusing and frustrating. After we split up our tab for him, Manuel came back to our table and called out my name and asked me loudly "why did you only tip me 10%?" I wasn't going to complain about his service, but I did leave a tip that I felt matched his level of service. We were absolutely appalled that he had the nerve to ask why his tip was so small. Due to his behavior, we all agree that we will be reluctant to return to your restaurant. I always thought La Tasca was a classy establishment and your staff's behavior did not reflect the reputation of your chain.
- Great brunch spotKim3Dined on 6/22/2014Resetaurant was not crowded and outdoor seating provided a very relaxing and enjoyable experience. Would definitely recommend for brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in ArlingtonYale395VIPDined on 6/12/2014A very pleasanrt surprise to have landed at La Tasca. The service was excellent. The Price Value equation was very good. The quality of the food both in presentation and taste was also excellent. We travel to spain often where the Tapas cannot be challenged, but LaTasca gives it a run for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerStrangeDiningDined on 6/9/2014A girlfriend and I have been in Arlington for a few year and have walked by this restaurant numerous times but have never been in. We decided to give it a try for a birthday dinner. We enjoyed being able to sit outside and our server was nice. The food was terrible. Extremely over priced and for the tiniest of portions! I know it is a tapas restaurants but for the price I would have like to see at least two bites of food each dish. I left hungry and disappointed.
- TastyGrepsDined on 6/7/2014Food was very good. The small plates permit a tremendous variety. Kids were treated very well and were more than satisfied. Fried eggplant appetizer went over big! We have eaten there many times, but not with kids.Special Features:
- A Definite Must!!DannyVIPDined on 6/4/2014I went here with a few friends. Service started off to a slow start but we started with the Mango, Blackberry sangria as we waiting for one more person. I've had good sangria...this one was pretty amazing. The food is tapas. style which is what they are known for and everything was excellent. I especially like the fried manchetto served with a marmalade. we ended with a white Sangria. The weather was rainy outside, La Tasca made the evening well worth it. Happy eating.Special Features:
- Delightful spotirishmommaDined on 5/31/2014My friend and I had had a long day sightseeing and shopping. This was perfect: cozy, comfort food of a Spanish variety (the paella was perfect to divide between us), and abundant and eminently drinkable sangria. We were there early on Saturday, before the hipsters arrived, so the noise level was low and families with kids were there too -- very friendly.Special Features:
- Know your La Tasca Menudcfoodie97Dined on 5/26/2014I've been to La tasca, chinatown and arlington locations, and I've learned in my visits that you really need to figure out this menu, what works and what doesn't, to have a great meal. There are definitely disappointing dishes, but there are some really great and fun ones as well. My most recent visit was great, because I knew what I've had and I knew where Tasca would likely succeed. Love: dates, duck, chicken empanadas, shrimp in olive oil/garlic Skip: potato pancake with crab - all potato, no crab. this one might sting, but the sangria has never been great and its expensive. get something else, stuffed eggplant reservations are easy to grab, and kitchen does an even better job when it's not a crazy nightSpecial Features:
- Special Celebration: Great Evening!DiningDoctorDined on 5/24/2014We had dined previously several times at La Tasca-Arlington, but this was the first time we invited a number of Guests to join us for a Special Celebration Dinner. La Tasca-Arlington management was very helpful with planning. On the evening, our Party of 14 was well-served and everyone was very pleased with their food, drinks, and service. Guests' requests were met quickly and pleasantly. Restaurant Waitstaff was especially helpful explaining options to Guests with food allergies, and the Chef's and management's service in this regard was above-and-beyond expectations. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedjaycDined on 5/23/2014I've been to both DC and Alexandria locations. I recall food was better in both location than at Arlington. To begin with, I was thoroughly disappointed with the quality and quantity with paella. I live in NJ/NY area where there are many Spanish/tapas restaurants and never have I seen a dish cooked the way it was at Arlington La Tasca. Rice was a different type of grain; it was round, hard and was burnt on the bottom. Also there was lack of shell fish and for the price, quantity was too small. And the taste...lack luster. TAPAS also over priced and lack luster. Cadillac Sangria (most expensive) virtually had no taste which was a surprise since there shouldn't be difference in the ingredient where as food can differ from chef to chef.Special Features:
- Delicious as alwaysEtjsingerDined on 5/18/2014I love La Tasca! It's such a great place for groups- so much good food and the sangria is delicious! My only concern was that the bartender was handling a number of tables, including our table of 7, so he really wasn't able to come check on us frequently throughout our meal so we were there much longer than we had intended. Stanley was wonderful, and it completely wasn't his fault- there really should have been a waiter handling the tables because he was definitely busy behind the bar.Special Features:
- Great Celebration DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014We took my family here to celebrate graduation and everyone enjoyed the food and the service was great. I recommend the Sangria Blanca! Our favorite dishes were the empanadas, bacon wrapped pork tenderloin and toasted bread with crushed tomatoes and garlic. Really wonderful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch menu has changed :(FansDined on 5/16/2014We went back to this restaurant for our ladies gathering, however, the menu has changed this time, the dishes came out bigger. We like the original menu where we ordered smaller dishes and share, and we are able to try all of our favors.Special Features:
- Overall Very Goodcms20024Dined on 5/11/2014Really just one complaint in an otherwise enjoyable Mother's Day dinner. Single complaint was that while clearing some tapas plates, the server accidentally broke my half-full (half-empty?) glass of white wine and it spilled on me. Accidents are accidents, however, when I end up wearing the remaining wine I don't think that I should end up paying for it. Yet there it was on the final bill. Only down moment in an otherwise nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceKellyDined on 5/11/2014Came for Mother's Day and the food was delicious. It came out quickly and the waiter was very friendly and checked on us often. I brought my 5 month old and she liked staring at the decor, the ambiance was great. Brunch was a great deal!Special Features:
- Mother's Day brunchLuv2dineDined on 5/11/2014All in all, it was a nice experience. Our server was nice and attentive. Our good had great flavor but all the meats came out cold. We read that the moms were supposed to receive a flower but we did not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Few options at lunchOpenTableFanVIPDined on 5/6/2014At lunch you can order 2 tapas for $14 or unlimited for $28. No other options. No a la carte ordering. Found this too restrictive! Also no one else there for lunch during the week.
- The following 600 reviews are from the La Tasca - Arlington reviews archive.
- AlrightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014The drinks are great but the paella and almost all of the seafood was way to dry to consume (unless you had raw seafood like the salmon bread)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food....Horrible ServiceAlixDined on 4/22/2014The food was wonderful, some really great and unique dishes. The service was horrendous, the waiter never checked on the table, never cleared the plates, never brought more water, never asked about the meal, and then suddenly dropped off a check without asking about additional drinks or food. The food is good, but not good enough to counteract the awful service.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014Love the food, the service, the decor! Convenient to the parking, excellent spot for celebrating special celebrations. Desserts to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeepsDined on 4/17/2014It takes forever to get the servers over to your table, which isn't a problem for me, as u like making dinner a 3 hour affair, but might be an issue for impatient folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bridal Shower for Co-WorkerjoyhopDined on 4/11/2014The Clarendon location was a great spot for a bridal shower/lunch for a co-worker. We had reservations for 7, and at lunch that appeared to not be a problem. I've only gone to La Tasca in Old Town in the evenings and for Happy Hour, and it ranges from lively and energetic to down-right loud, which is appropriate. I was pleasantly surprised that for a quiet lunch on a beautiful Friday, it was also perfect. The food was delicious, including the desserts. We could not partake of their Sangrias, sadly, but I know they're phenomenal. The staff was attentive and even snapped some pictures for us. We were able to eat, chat, and enjoy while still getting back to work on time. We had a great experience. Thanks, La Tasca!!Special Features:
- Had dinner on a Saturday nightgtimDined on 3/29/2014Had dinner on a Saturday night with extended family. We ordered about 20 plates. They came out of the kitchen in the order that we ordered them; the waiter made four trips separated by about 4-5 minutes each. Most were pretty good but two were not nearly warm enough. The only one that I did not care to finish was the small plate of Paella which was surprising. It was just bland. Noise level was very high when the restaurant filled up, making conversation difficult. Overall a pleasant experience. I would go back but only early in the evening before it gets crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service needs workJackie3Dined on 3/29/2014We went for my parents anniversary and I do not know if our waiter was new or what but she seem not to be able to handle a party new to the restaurant. My parents are older of course they are going to ask questions and she didn't know how to answer. I've been there before and had great service. We were there for almost three hours and she only checked on so maybe three time. Another server took the drink order. I brought a cake and it took me to ask twice for plates and forks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Menu DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2014We ordered from the brunch menu and plenty to eat. The tapas and tortilla were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas for FourJRHMDined on 3/22/2014My husband, sons (11 and 13) and I enjoyed more than our share of tapas and paella. We ordered two different dishes each. All delish ! The Cadillac sangria was a nice light touch to all the flavors on the table. Noise volume was little loud for mid-level table conversation. Good place for adventurous foodies. Wait staff was well attentive. Thank you to ours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Tasca Tasting Menu was ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Went with my husband to celebrate his birthday. Neither of us had tapas before so we chose the La Tasca Tasting Menu. Food was excellent as was the sangria. Three tapas courses included meat, vegetable-starch, and seafood. We had early dinner 5:15pm and service was good. Restaurant started to get very busy by time we left. Definitely would go again but would stick with an early time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.