La Tasca - Alexandria
607 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
La Tasca - Alexandria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latascausa.com/
- Phone: 7032999810
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm (Bar stays open later)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Oriol Subiron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private events up to 170 people. Semi private areas are available for smaller groups. Visit our website for information on pre-fixed menus for parties over 12 people: www.latascausa.com
- Private Party Contact: Noel Soca 7032999810
- Entertainment: Thursdays: Flamenco performances at 7:30 & 9pm featuring Sevillanas dancers accompanied by a live guitarist
Fridays: Rumba flamenco band performs live at 9pm
Saturdays: Our house band "Deep Dreams" performs live at 9pm
There's something special every day at La Tasca, please call specific locations for more information about our daily promotions!
- Special Events: Lunch Deals - Two tapas for $12 or unlimited tapas for $20
Wednesday - Unlimited tapas lunch and dinner for $20
- Public Transit: King Street Metro (Yellow & Blue Lines)
Also, take advantage of the King Street Trolley, a free trolley from the King Street metro stop all the way to the harbor. We are located between Washington Street and St Asaph Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: http://alexandriava.gov/recreation/info/default.aspx?id=12490
A word from La Tasca - Alexandria
La Tasca is a careful blend of everything that is good about Spain. Warm décor, authentic cuisine and friendly hospitality. All these go together to create a unique and genuine atmosphere. La Tasca has been described as being “so authentic that you won’t find anything better in Spain”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpanish
La Tasca - Alexandria - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
La Tasca - Alexandria reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (43)fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (25)special occasion (21)romantic (18)great for lunch (15)hot spot (11)notable wine list (11)late-night find (10)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- La TascaZmanDined on 10/11/2014Choose the restaurant after looking for recommendations on Washingtonian online located in Old Town. Was an excellent choice. Great atmosphere, loved the space. Great food and selection! Everyone in my group really enjoyed everything, so I definitely plan to visit again.Special Features:
- Good Sangria!haute07Dined on 10/6/2014Good sangria. Food was average. I've had better tapas. Lacked in presentation and Paella was over cooked. Service was attentive. A little dark inside and not much atmosphere outside of the bar. Would probably go back with group for another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La TascaYvetteCDined on 10/4/2014I went to La Tasca's to dine with my family because I had bariatric surgery a year ago so I'm limited to how much I can eat. I remember eating tapas at another popular hot spot and decided I wanted to try them again. The food was delicious and the service was awesome. I ordered for my family because they didn't know where to start with all of the fabulous selections. We ended up with 6 plates of tapas and were completely stuffed. Along with drinks our bill was a little high but only because of the alcoholic beverages. If you're ever in the mood for something different and tasty definitely give La Tasca a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The ambiance, as with many Old Town restaurants is very nice, quaint, and cozy. The waiter was friendly and provided good service. Some of the food was great and some was unimpressive. The bacon wrapped dates were absolutely delicious. We also had a lamb tapas that was very good. I thought the paella was good as well. We had a mushroom dish that tasted like someone took some canned mushrooms and sauted them with a few mild spices. It was edible but not special at all. Oh - plus the mushroom dish had some kind of cheese with it that was completely flavorless. Finally we had some bread that tasted like a piece of stale toast that was covered with a tomato sauce, cheese, and a few olives.Special Features:
- Great flamenco show & foodDanielleDined on 10/2/2014the Classic tasting menu was great. It fed 3 of us and left room for delicious dessert. Service was very good. Entertainment was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mtmturnDined on 9/30/2014Private party in the bar was loud and obnoxious. We had paella that was good, not great. Tried to order a "rustic bread" but we're told they used it all for the party. Disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outClarkpartyDined on 9/24/2014Generous portions and exceptional service. Flamenco dancers were excellent as were the musicians. Great place to bring a group of friends. Their tapas sampler easily satisfies 4 hungry people. Best night out in a long time! We will return for brunch and other times with more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La TascaAlexfoodieVIPDined on 9/22/2014Food was great - service not so much. Food requests may have been lost in translation - two orders were returned and the requested bread arrived 1/2 way through the meal.Special Features:
- Great lunchsmccVIPDined on 9/9/2014Always enjoy La Tasca - wonderful food and service!Special Features:
- Great timenotmelissaDined on 9/5/2014My group of 3 really enjoyed La Tasca. The food and sangria was really great and our server, Thomas P, was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was interestingliladinesDined on 9/5/2014The hostess was horrible. It was a really bad first impression of the restaurant. She's very dry and uninterested in being at work. She'd be better filing receipts in the back or something. The food is decent but overpriced. I thought that the tapas were actually large but some of them lacked flavor. It seems like a lot of shortcuts were taken with regard to food preparation in my opinion. The drinks were great though and our waiter was good once we could find him to order our drinks. I would go back but only to the bar area. Cheers!Special Features:
- Reminds me of Spain!wdknDined on 8/31/2014Okay, I admit that trip to Spain was many years ago, but La Tasca rekindled fond memories of great food, great sangria, and great paella. We loved the tasting menu and especially the Paella del Pescador!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DominicDined on 8/29/2014Staff was amazing and the food was cooked well. The sangria options are greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/24/2014The tapas were neither outstanding nor memorable. The furniture and fixtures were worn (which is nice for a country inn, if the food were special). Our server, however, was very attentive, informed, and helpful
- LadyBritDined on 8/24/2014We have eaten at this restaurant several times and always enjoy the atmosphere and especially the food. The service has always been very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific experienceBayernBookwormDined on 8/22/2014I had to find a spot suitable for lunch before my son's wedding, something that would appeal to experienced diners and younger family members used to burgers and fries. I chose La Tasca due to its very wide selection of tapas. The variety was a hit with everyone. What I did not expect was just how tasty they all were, and how pleased everyone was. The service was friendly and fast, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The food was very good, the waiter was nice and the flamenco show was outstanding!! Bravo for the performers. I will definitely go back sometime.Special Features:
- Great tapas!DebraVIPDined on 8/20/2014Totally enjoyed our dinner during restaurant week. A glass of sangria, 3 large tapas, and dessert for $35. Great food and a great value! An extra bonus it was Flamingo Dancing night (every Wednesday). Great guitar player too. Ambience was a little cold when we first arrived, but noticed it looked much better, warmer as night fell. I would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- akm09Dined on 8/17/2014Delicious food and very nice, attentive service. Very highly recommended!Special Features:
- Good food and servicesDClifeDined on 8/15/2014The restaurant is very noisy, so not a good place if you would like to have a conversation w/friends. But it is Avery nice restaurant if you want to find a relaxed place for dinner. One thing worth notice is, they don't discount on the quality and quantity of food they offer during restaurant week, a gem rare to find among the ones I visited during the restaurant week.Special Features:
- Don't bother with the food...unhappyDined on 8/15/2014Don't bother with the mediocre food, which were mostly cold by the time they hit our table. The decor is very confusing - ugly. Service style is similar to Steak House with large service trays, so we were overwhelmed with the dishes we ordered all at once. Greetings at the front of the house needs work - this is generally the first impression... So hire a more pleasant host/hostess. Overall, more like a college bar. The star rating should have been 2-stars at most. P.S. There should be a "too loud" option for the Noise Level rating option, because that's what this place is.
- Good food great Flamenco showMartiDined on 8/13/2014Excellent tapas, great service, Flamenco show outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many Choices - All DeliciousFiouxDisFunDined on 8/12/2014Had the Shrimp salad, Tuna and Paella tapas, beef, scallops, all just amazing. I will definitely be back. Enjoyed the Spanish beer, too. Lots of choices for both the health conscious and the not-so.Special Features:
- Great for dinnercaitzillaDined on 8/12/2014A friend and I came to La Tasca for DC Restaurant Week while we were in town for a conference. The service was great and the food was excellent. The bacon wrapped pork tenderloin (Solomillo De Cerdo) was my favorite plate. I also enjoyed some sangria and the custard with raspberries (Crema Catalana Con Frambuesas) for dessert. I would recommend leaving room for dessert because there are so many delicious things to choose from. I will definitely be coming back here next time I'm in Alexandria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food had me more than happy!EbenitezDined on 8/11/2014First time dining here, took the wife out for date night and decided to take advantage of Restaurant Week. Was a Monday so not very noisy as read in other reviews the presentation of the food was wonderful. Very fresh, flavorful and vibrant food! Definetly met my expectations. We had the traditional sangria and it was very good. Service was not bad, they could of been a little more on top of things but that is just me. Overall my experience was great and look forward to going again and definetly not on a weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!VAsongbirdDined on 8/10/2014We tried the tasting menu, and everything was amazing! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placenoahVIPDined on 8/1/2014Delicious tapas and interesting sangria selection. Friendly service. Great vegan options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drunken Frat HouseDLefflerDined on 7/25/2014We dined at La Tasca on a Friday evening and were sorely disappointed. The food was just OK, but the ambiance was terrible. My fiance and I, we sat next to each other at our table and still had to shout in order to hear each other, but ultimately gave up and had our dinner without speaking because it wasn't worth the effort to be heard. The noise from the bar area was deafening as drunken 20-somethings behaved like they were at a frat house party. It was completely unacceptable for a couple in their 30's trying to have a nice dinner out. We won't be coming back again.Special Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/22/2014This is our go-to restaurant in Old Town. The food is consistently good. However, on this visit we noticed a lot of flies in the restaurant, and our table was sticky.Special Features:
- Slow Servicekac3924Dined on 7/20/2014Despite walking into an empty restaurant, our server was very slow getting us the food as well as the check. We waited in excess of 30 minutes after they cleared our plates. In addition to the slow wait service, we also had trouble with the bill- despite splitting it up, it was done wrong. They also seemed to have a problem with flies since the doors remained propped open. With fans that may have been alleviated, but it was annoying to constantly wave flies away from the tasty food. Speaking of the food, it was superb. Their numerous options for sangria were also excellent and I will definitely return. I hope the flies are gone and the service is faster!Special Features:
- love the variety of food!Gr84gudeatingDined on 7/19/2014We have eaten at La Tasca several times and always love the grilled food, vegetables and fish. Nice atmosphere, not too noisy.Special Features:
- Filling up on small platesOld9FoggyDined on 7/17/2014Tosca is one of our favorite Alexandria restaurants. There is an energy and excitement in this restaurant that makes it one step above most of the tapas restaurants that we've experienced. It could be the flamenco. Or it could be the anticipation of the flamenco in between performances. The wait staff seems to exude a level of energy and affection for their restaurant and their customers from the hostess, our waiter and the bus staff. They are busy - but not too busy to pay attention to my party. And then there's the food. Each of the items we ordered had a distinctive smell, texture and a taste that burst. Each serving was just the right size to experience, but not fill up. Of course, we ordered so many waves that we did fill up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La TascaSeafoodie5Dined on 7/17/2014Appetizer was very small. I believe it was the chorizo. I was afraid the main dish would not be filling. Ordered the paella and steak dishes off the "special's" menu. Very good and filling! I had enough left to enjoy the next day for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - a bit priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014The food here was quite excellent. Had a group of 6 - lots of pitchers of sangria, a group paella, and several orders of tapas. The service was a little slow and confused - probably due to a Saturday night. As this restaurant has "removed" their mandatory 18% gratuity for parties of 6 or more, be sure to make sure your waitstaff is compensated appropriately.Special Features:
- Cute restaurant, decent tapasRaquelDined on 7/7/2014This was our first visit to La Tasca. The restaurant is cute, and the hostess and server were very friendly. The tapas were about average, and for the price, we expected the food to be better. But overall, it was fun.Special Features:
- Affordable and FriendlyFilififouDined on 7/5/2014Nous sommes allés diner le 5 juillet dernier. Notre choix s'est porté sur un assortiment de Tapas. Une tortilla des crevettes a l'ail du Serano des calamars et des brochettes de poulet. Tout était excellent le tout accompagne d'un délicieux Rioja. Un service efficace et convivial. We will come back.Special Features:
- Great Choice.WineauxInAlexandriaVIPDined on 7/3/2014La Tasca is avery nice restaurant. Definitely on the repeat list. The food is exceptional. The wine list was obviously developed by someone who wants to sell wine ... Most bottles under $50. We had a 91pt wine and paid $39. The restaurant is very loud ... Just be aware and be prepared. The tapas are very well portioned. My only complaint would be that Thursday night was adverised as "Flamenco" night ... Dancers came out for only about 9 minutes .... Spread apart in three different sections of the restaurant. After the initial appearance, we never saw them again. Too bad ... While likely amaturish compared to what you will find in Sevilla ... They were very good, very enthusiastic!Special Features:
- The following 678 reviews are from the La Tasca - Alexandria reviews archive.
- food superbConnieAliceReviewDined on 6/18/2014La Tasca becoming more active/lively. Entertainment excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good All Around Place3BoysUnder10Dined on 6/14/2014My husband and I have dined at the Chinatown and Alexandria locations. One time with our kids and the other on a date. We had a wonderful experience at both locations. Though the food can be pricey, but we went when they had specials during restaurant week in DC and most recently, The World Cup. The latter was awesome because we were able to sit and watch and the game on their big screen TV. I would recommend this place as a fun, special occasion place as it takes a little $$$ otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good, but expensiveVirginiaDined on 5/31/2014The prices are relatively high, in particular the dessert (40 $) and the Sangria. The Tapas are very tasty. The noise level is very high, it is definitely too loud for a conversation.Special Features: