La Tasca - Alexandria
607 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
La Tasca - Alexandria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latascausa.com/
- Phone: 7032999810
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm (Bar stays open later)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Oriol Subiron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private events up to 170 people. Semi private areas are available for smaller groups. Visit our website for information on pre-fixed menus for parties over 12 people: www.latascausa.com
- Private Party Contact: Noel Soca 7032999810
- Entertainment: Thursdays: Flamenco performances at 7:30 & 9pm featuring Sevillanas dancers accompanied by a live guitarist
Fridays: Rumba flamenco band performs live at 9pm
Saturdays: Our house band "Deep Dreams" performs live at 9pm
There's something special every day at La Tasca, please call specific locations for more information about our daily promotions!
- Special Events: Lunch Deals - Two tapas for $12 or unlimited tapas for $20
Wednesday - Unlimited tapas lunch and dinner for $20
- Public Transit: King Street Metro (Yellow & Blue Lines)
Also, take advantage of the King Street Trolley, a free trolley from the King Street metro stop all the way to the harbor. We are located between Washington Street and St Asaph Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: http://alexandriava.gov/recreation/info/default.aspx?id=12490
A word from La Tasca - Alexandria
La Tasca is a careful blend of everything that is good about Spain. Warm décor, authentic cuisine and friendly hospitality. All these go together to create a unique and genuine atmosphere. La Tasca has been described as being “so authentic that you won’t find anything better in Spain”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpanish
La Tasca - Alexandria - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
La Tasca - Alexandria reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)good for groups (35)vibrant bar scene (27)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (22)special occasion (17)romantic (14)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Ok, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/24/2014The tapas were neither outstanding nor memorable. The furniture and fixtures were worn (which is nice for a country inn, if the food were special). Our server, however, was very attentive, informed, and helpful
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We have eaten at this restaurant several times and always enjoy the atmosphere and especially the food. The service has always been very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific experienceBayernBookwormDined on 8/22/2014I had to find a spot suitable for lunch before my son's wedding, something that would appeal to experienced diners and younger family members used to burgers and fries. I chose La Tasca due to its very wide selection of tapas. The variety was a hit with everyone. What I did not expect was just how tasty they all were, and how pleased everyone was. The service was friendly and fast, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The food was very good, the waiter was nice and the flamenco show was outstanding!! Bravo for the performers. I will definitely go back sometime.Special Features:
- Great tapas!DebraVIPDined on 8/20/2014Totally enjoyed our dinner during restaurant week. A glass of sangria, 3 large tapas, and dessert for $35. Great food and a great value! An extra bonus it was Flamingo Dancing night (every Wednesday). Great guitar player too. Ambience was a little cold when we first arrived, but noticed it looked much better, warmer as night fell. I would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- akm09Dined on 8/17/2014Delicious food and very nice, attentive service. Very highly recommended!Special Features:
- Good food and servicesDClifeDined on 8/15/2014The restaurant is very noisy, so not a good place if you would like to have a conversation w/friends. But it is Avery nice restaurant if you want to find a relaxed place for dinner. One thing worth notice is, they don't discount on the quality and quantity of food they offer during restaurant week, a gem rare to find among the ones I visited during the restaurant week.Special Features:
- Don't bother with the food...unhappyDined on 8/15/2014Don't bother with the mediocre food, which were mostly cold by the time they hit our table. The decor is very confusing - ugly. Service style is similar to Steak House with large service trays, so we were overwhelmed with the dishes we ordered all at once. Greetings at the front of the house needs work - this is generally the first impression... So hire a more pleasant host/hostess. Overall, more like a college bar. The star rating should have been 2-stars at most. P.S. There should be a "too loud" option for the Noise Level rating option, because that's what this place is.
- Good food great Flamenco showMartiDined on 8/13/2014Excellent tapas, great service, Flamenco show outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many Choices - All DeliciousFiouxDisFunDined on 8/12/2014Had the Shrimp salad, Tuna and Paella tapas, beef, scallops, all just amazing. I will definitely be back. Enjoyed the Spanish beer, too. Lots of choices for both the health conscious and the not-so.Special Features:
- Great for dinnercaitzillaDined on 8/12/2014A friend and I came to La Tasca for DC Restaurant Week while we were in town for a conference. The service was great and the food was excellent. The bacon wrapped pork tenderloin (Solomillo De Cerdo) was my favorite plate. I also enjoyed some sangria and the custard with raspberries (Crema Catalana Con Frambuesas) for dessert. I would recommend leaving room for dessert because there are so many delicious things to choose from. I will definitely be coming back here next time I'm in Alexandria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food had me more than happy!EbenitezDined on 8/11/2014First time dining here, took the wife out for date night and decided to take advantage of Restaurant Week. Was a Monday so not very noisy as read in other reviews the presentation of the food was wonderful. Very fresh, flavorful and vibrant food! Definetly met my expectations. We had the traditional sangria and it was very good. Service was not bad, they could of been a little more on top of things but that is just me. Overall my experience was great and look forward to going again and definetly not on a weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!VAsongbirdDined on 8/10/2014We tried the tasting menu, and everything was amazing! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placenoahVIPDined on 8/1/2014Delicious tapas and interesting sangria selection. Friendly service. Great vegan options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drunken Frat HouseDLefflerDined on 7/25/2014We dined at La Tasca on a Friday evening and were sorely disappointed. The food was just OK, but the ambiance was terrible. My fiance and I, we sat next to each other at our table and still had to shout in order to hear each other, but ultimately gave up and had our dinner without speaking because it wasn't worth the effort to be heard. The noise from the bar area was deafening as drunken 20-somethings behaved like they were at a frat house party. It was completely unacceptable for a couple in their 30's trying to have a nice dinner out. We won't be coming back again.Special Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/22/2014This is our go-to restaurant in Old Town. The food is consistently good. However, on this visit we noticed a lot of flies in the restaurant, and our table was sticky.Special Features:
- Slow Servicekac3924Dined on 7/20/2014Despite walking into an empty restaurant, our server was very slow getting us the food as well as the check. We waited in excess of 30 minutes after they cleared our plates. In addition to the slow wait service, we also had trouble with the bill- despite splitting it up, it was done wrong. They also seemed to have a problem with flies since the doors remained propped open. With fans that may have been alleviated, but it was annoying to constantly wave flies away from the tasty food. Speaking of the food, it was superb. Their numerous options for sangria were also excellent and I will definitely return. I hope the flies are gone and the service is faster!Special Features:
- love the variety of food!Gr84gudeatingDined on 7/19/2014We have eaten at La Tasca several times and always love the grilled food, vegetables and fish. Nice atmosphere, not too noisy.Special Features:
- Filling up on small platesOld9FoggyDined on 7/17/2014Tosca is one of our favorite Alexandria restaurants. There is an energy and excitement in this restaurant that makes it one step above most of the tapas restaurants that we've experienced. It could be the flamenco. Or it could be the anticipation of the flamenco in between performances. The wait staff seems to exude a level of energy and affection for their restaurant and their customers from the hostess, our waiter and the bus staff. They are busy - but not too busy to pay attention to my party. And then there's the food. Each of the items we ordered had a distinctive smell, texture and a taste that burst. Each serving was just the right size to experience, but not fill up. Of course, we ordered so many waves that we did fill up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La TascaSeafoodie5Dined on 7/17/2014Appetizer was very small. I believe it was the chorizo. I was afraid the main dish would not be filling. Ordered the paella and steak dishes off the "special's" menu. Very good and filling! I had enough left to enjoy the next day for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - a bit priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014The food here was quite excellent. Had a group of 6 - lots of pitchers of sangria, a group paella, and several orders of tapas. The service was a little slow and confused - probably due to a Saturday night. As this restaurant has "removed" their mandatory 18% gratuity for parties of 6 or more, be sure to make sure your waitstaff is compensated appropriately.Special Features:
- Cute restaurant, decent tapasRaquelDined on 7/7/2014This was our first visit to La Tasca. The restaurant is cute, and the hostess and server were very friendly. The tapas were about average, and for the price, we expected the food to be better. But overall, it was fun.Special Features:
- Affordable and FriendlyFilififouDined on 7/5/2014Nous sommes allés diner le 5 juillet dernier. Notre choix s'est porté sur un assortiment de Tapas. Une tortilla des crevettes a l'ail du Serano des calamars et des brochettes de poulet. Tout était excellent le tout accompagne d'un délicieux Rioja. Un service efficace et convivial. We will come back.Special Features:
- Great Choice.WineauxInAlexandriaVIPDined on 7/3/2014La Tasca is avery nice restaurant. Definitely on the repeat list. The food is exceptional. The wine list was obviously developed by someone who wants to sell wine ... Most bottles under $50. We had a 91pt wine and paid $39. The restaurant is very loud ... Just be aware and be prepared. The tapas are very well portioned. My only complaint would be that Thursday night was adverised as "Flamenco" night ... Dancers came out for only about 9 minutes .... Spread apart in three different sections of the restaurant. After the initial appearance, we never saw them again. Too bad ... While likely amaturish compared to what you will find in Sevilla ... They were very good, very enthusiastic!Special Features:
- food superbConnieAliceReviewDined on 6/18/2014La Tasca becoming more active/lively. Entertainment excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good All Around Place3BoysUnder10Dined on 6/14/2014My husband and I have dined at the Chinatown and Alexandria locations. One time with our kids and the other on a date. We had a wonderful experience at both locations. Though the food can be pricey, but we went when they had specials during restaurant week in DC and most recently, The World Cup. The latter was awesome because we were able to sit and watch and the game on their big screen TV. I would recommend this place as a fun, special occasion place as it takes a little $$$ otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good, but expensiveVirginiaDined on 5/31/2014The prices are relatively high, in particular the dessert (40 $) and the Sangria. The Tapas are very tasty. The noise level is very high, it is definitely too loud for a conversation.Special Features:
- Great Variety2divineDined on 5/24/2014Because my friend and I each ordered three tascas, our meal was like a buffet for which we never had to leave our table! The menu has a large variety of meats, vegetables, and dish types. My favorite the other day was the beef empanadas.Special Features:
- Excellent Tapas and SangriaFriendlyFoodieDined on 5/19/2014I bring my out of town visitors here. So far they have all loved the selection, and the sangria. You can find something for the most picky or adventuresome of eaters. And since it's small plates, you can try it, order more if you like, or let someone else enjoy it if it's not for you. The 3 of us shared a total of 12 plates (ordered 4 at a time) and 2 pitchers of sangria. The La Tasca Sangria was fantastic - apples, pears, cinnamon, etc. The Sangria Blanco was also wonderful with peaches and cinnamon. Both very different from each other, yet both very refreshing. We all agreed the best small plate we shared were the bacon wrapped dates (Datiles con Tocino)! We had to order 2 extra plates of those....so, so, so, good!Special Features:
- Missing barcelonaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2014La tasca makes me feel like I am back In Barcelona! Great food, great service , And wonderful location. Love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!WeLovedItDined on 5/17/2014Excellent food and service. Each selection has the perfect size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the place for tapas and musicluvher74Dined on 5/16/2014This place is awesome, the food was great and the service was outstanding. We came with a group of 8 and despite having to wait a few mins for our table. Our server didn't miss a beat. We had the sangria flowing and by the time we hit the fourth tapas we were full. There was a live band that played and you just felt the need to get up dance. We are planning our next girls outing for La Tasca.Special Features:
- Divine Egglpant fritters!!JujayDined on 5/16/2014If I want to go back right away it would be for the eggplant fritters with cabrales dip-- super!! Everything was delicious!! I would not bother with the paella -- try the shrimp,smoked salmon on toast, most of the tapas were good. Everything seems to be little-- but believe me-- it is enough to fill you .Special Features:
- Try the specialsLuvfood132Dined on 5/16/2014I have dinned at the King Street location twice now and have tried 10 different tapas and they were all amazing. The first time we ate there we were there for brunch. What a great deal... 3 tapas for $20 and $2 Sangrias. We love the Cherry blossom and blackberry mango sangrias. Second time we went, we had the dinner for 2 special for$40. The choices on the special menu were different but I was glad I was forced to try new ones. They are all so good and great for sharing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014They currently have a brunch offer of 3 tapas for $20, plus one sangria for $2. The food is amazing and the price is very reasonable.Special Features:
- Good Food PLUSLovetoeatDined on 5/7/2014Our diner at La Tasca capped a week of excellent DC area dining. The mostly Spanish wait staff was very helpful with wine and tapas suggestions. We also enjoyed a 45 minute Flamenco exhibition that was beautiful and energetic. The bacon wrapped pork and Ahi tuna tapas were terrific!Special Features:
- The following 666 reviews are from the La Tasca - Alexandria reviews archive.
- Tasty TapasBiscottiDined on 4/28/2014La Tasca is a great place to go for small bites with a group of friends. The wait staff was efficient and our waiter had good recommendations. There are several flavors of sangria which you can order in a pitcher. The sangria comes with a lot of tasty fruit that has been soaking in the wine. I would definitely recommend La Tasca to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for TapasIluvtapasDined on 4/26/2014La Tasca Tasting Menu is a great choice for those that are not comfortable ordering al la carte.Special Features:
- great old town tapas placeibiza12Dined on 4/20/2014great tapas and sangria selection. been here several times, on dates, double dates, or in a group of 6-7 friends never been disappointed. great place for dates, or catching up with friends. good spanish wine selection. when the weather cooperates, they open the windows to give covered al fresco dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Sunday early dinnerMontespertoli06Dined on 4/20/2014Maybe it was the fact we were there on Easter Sunday, but the food was at best average. The Jamón Ibérico ham was almost inedible. Many slices so hard it was like chewing on leather while the majority contain just fat. Certainly the gambas al ajillo could have used some crusty bread to put the garlicky olive oil to use in lieu of eating the overdone, previously frozen, small shrimp.