La Tarte Flambee
1750 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10128Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
La Tarte Flambee
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.latarteflambee.com/
- Phone: 2128600826
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Happy Hour, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: You will feel like you are in France!! French menus and French accent... along with our traditional Alsatian food!!
A word from La Tarte Flambee
La Tarte Flambée: if a Pizza and a crepe had a baby, it'd be a Tarte Flambée! Beers on draft, bottles, red wine, white wine, rose and sparkling!Continued
Come and try! you never had this before and you will be amazed...!!!
Come and try! you never had this before and you will be amazed...!!!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Tarte Flambee reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (3)romantic (3)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice after concert stopChipsDined on 9/18/2014We popped into La Tarte Flambé after a concert in the neighborhood, not knowing what to expect. We were immediately greeted and seated. The menus are under plastic on the tables and the restaurant is very small. I had spicy tomato with jalapeños and chicken and it was delicious with its very think baked crust. I see why people have said it is between a crepe and a pizza. My husband enjoyed his Alsacian sausages and potato salad and part of my tarte. We had a good bottle of Rose. We would go there again at a later hour. Tables are right together and there is a very casual atmosphere. Very reasonable repast!Special Features:
- delicious as alwaysziptalkerDined on 8/9/2014This Alsatian "pizza" is the only reason to make the trek up past 86th Street now that Elaine's is closed. We always bring our visitors to the city here. Friendly service and delicious comfort food, like eating at someone's home. A great small venue ambience (there is maybe 10 tables). Our standard share couple meal is a salade verte, a mushroom tarte with extra muenster cheese, washed down with a second tarte or their crazy good mac n cheese. Nice small beer selection, Belgian and Alsatian. Always remember to ask if the Reisling is sweet or dry. And never fail to exasperate the staff by asking if they are French OR Alsatian :)Special Features:
- Different and GreatziptalkerDined on 7/17/2014A small place with maybe 8 tables. Service would be comparable to being fed at a friends's house. Menu is unusual, so best to review online at home before coming. Specialty is Alsatian pizza which is the Tarte Flambee. Different and delicious. My favorite is the Original and the Forestiere with extra Muenster Cheese. The Mac n Cheese is also incredible. It's all shareable with a group. The pizza comes thin crust, 8 square slices. I've seen people order them one pie at a time until they were full. We watched a couple eat 4 pies one time. We usually share a salad, one or 2 Tartes and a Mac n Cheese. Good Belgian and Alsatian Beers, French wines. Ask the staff all the history questions you have about Alsace, fascinating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 73 reviews are from the La Tarte Flambee reviews archive.
- Adicting pizza!LilibirdDined on 2/14/2014Not like any other pizza I've ever had. Super thin crust and fresh toppings. The only reason I don't give it five stars is because the wine list is very limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not fancy AT ALLOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/11/2014If you're looking for fine dining, this is NOT the place... BUT if you want a place that makes amazingly delicious flamenkeuken (I might have misspelled that), then you have found your spot! The staff is French, as is the chef in the back. Half priced wine bottleson Tuesdays, and half-priced beers on Mondays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and Food!JennyDined on 2/1/2014It was our second time dining here (the first time we went was over a yr ago around the time this place first opened), and I am glad to report the service and food remains outstanding in spite of the significant increase in the volume of customers (which I am glad to see as it indicates they are doing well). It is a small place, but cozy and not cramped. We made reservations and were seated as soon as a table became available, and food arrived very quickly to the table. It was also a nice touch to see them taking good care of the other patrons by offering hot drinks as they awaited their tables outside the restaurant. The waiter (who appeared to one of the owners) was a very friendly and personable, and the menu pricing is very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice intro to Alsatian flatbreadsdeliusfanVIPDined on 1/27/2014Essentially the Alsatian version of our flatbreads, the supremely thin, crispy crust just oh-so-overloaded with creme fraiche, onions, bacon, and other goodies was really quite lovely. The potato-leek soup was outstanding; I'm so glad we didn't miss it. And the dessert flambee of creme fraiche, strawberries, and homemade chocolate sauce was to die for. My dining partner's flambette sandwich on a wonderful crusty bread was a winner as well. Well done! Would love to try brunch sometime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just what we wanted post museumterryjeanDined on 1/26/2014we were looking for a cozy and relaxed place to meet after the museums that did not force us into a full meal. the tartes are delicious. one per person is about right unless you are starving.. onion soup is recommended. they accommodated a large group with reservation, no problem. service was perfect. we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy "Flammies" and lovely serviceAnjJDined on 1/15/2014We always enjoy this very reasonable restaurant with warm service and the best flatbread pizza anywhere!Special Features:
- Always great!CoryVIPDined on 12/28/2013I have dined here on multiple occasions. The food is always perfect (get the flammys!) The service is always perfect and friendly. Cozy place, and it happens to be about 2 blocks away From my apartment! I could not ask for more. A true neighborhood gem. If you haven't gone, GO! Tell them Cory, the Bruce Willis lookalike sent you. Bon appetit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unusual and delicious meal!Karma81Dined on 12/24/2013My first experience with Alsation food, they specialize in 'flamees' -- thin, matzoh like 'bread' covered with delicious creme fraiche and an assortment of toppings, a french pizza, if you will. We tried the 'traditional' with Gruyere, bacon and onions, as well as the Forestiere, which included wild mushrooms. Delicious, but somewhat basic. The side 'trio' we ordered left a bit to be desired -- plainly sliced cucumbers, sliced beets and their 'seasonal greens' were just a few pieces of lettuce (romaine? arugula? I'm actually not sure) thrown onto the plate looking more like garnish then food (dressing was good though). Service was excellent. Warm atmosphere. Very cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place is tired and service baddoctorDined on 12/24/2013Food came at different times to different people--service poor-hard to get any attention in this small poorly updated excuse for a restaurant
- Great for datesCherryJCokeDined on 12/6/2013La Tarte Flambee is a cozy niche on the Upper East Sides. The main dishes, entree and dessert tarte flambees, are perfect for sharing and paired with a good wine, make for an intimate dinner date meal. The dishes themselves, in terms of flavor, aren't particularly special, but the presentation is delicate, rustic and appeasing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2013We eat at la tarte flambee regularly and love it every time; i m french and the food is really authentic; the staff is all french and very pleasant; the place is tiny and very cosy. It s the perfect 'around the corner friday night relax restaurant'Special Features:
- Small but pleasantcer1Dined on 12/5/2013Visiting New York and took a chance on this based on the reviews. Very small space but adds to the novelty. Flatbreads were really good and a decent wine selection. Worth it if you want something out of the usual restaurant experience.Special Features:
- A Bit of Alsace in NYCMdivaniMDined on 11/29/2013When I worked in Alsace many years ago, I discovered Tarte Flambée and fell in love with this particularly Alsatian treat. When I stumbled upon La Tarte Flambée, I was delighted to be able to get this wonderful dish here in NY. I have been back several times and it is consistently wonderful! The service is also wonderful! Definitely recommend La Tarte Flambée to everyone! If you have had Tarte Flambée before, you will love their authentically made tart and if you haven't, you are in for a treat that will have you coming back for more :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friend and I lived in AlsaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/16/2013My friend and I lived in Alsace for a few months and since then we've really missed tarte flambee. We loved the ambiance in this little restaurant and the excellent tarte flambee that brought us back to Alsace. The servers are great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Forks!LisaSezDined on 11/16/2013Delicious and traditional, these tartes are fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HAD A GREAT TIME. Thanks Guys!mimi10019VIPDined on 11/10/2013Great food. Good wine Reasonable prices SImple options. Simple delicious fresh flammekueche Great service. Had a lovely time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- They said that our reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013They said that our reservation was for a raised table with backless chairs. This would not work for my wife who is nine months pregnant. They wouldn't switch us to one of the open lower tables.
- Always superbCoryVIPDined on 11/1/2013Many thanks to this restaurant! Have been several times and each time is a treat. The last time I was visiting with a friend and I have had nearly everything on the menu so I asked the owner to just pick a few different flammies for us and prepare them how he would like them. He did not steer us wrong. Perfect. Looking forward to a return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousShabieVIPDined on 10/31/2013I'm so happy I discovered this place. The restaurant is small and cozy. The peole who work there are also very helpful and nice. And the food is just so yummy. A flambee is like a really thin pizza.Try the flambee with honey, goat cheese and bacon. The spicy one with jalapenos and ground beef is also very flavorful. This place is definitely worth revisiting.Special Features:
- A taste of provincial FranceMattDined on 10/26/2013Great value for money, authentic food from the Alsace region of France. Small but good selection of wines. Vaut le deplacement ! Bravo !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseNYCNEWBIEDined on 10/24/2013My daughter lives in UES -- so I was on the lookout for reasonably priced highly rated options in her neighborhood for our visit, and found this on Open Table. We had a GREAT meal. Between the 4 of us - we each ordered a soup or a salad, then we split two flammies, gruyere and wild mushroom. We ended with the calvos flammie - flambe. An excellent meal. Service was very good, and very helpful to explain the menu options. Wine and beer choices were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood findUWS5Dined on 10/11/2013The team at Tarte Flambee is charming and lovely. The food was very good and reasonable. They just need to work on kitchen management so the food is ready to come out to the dining room. That said we will be going back and bringing friends.. just hoping the wait for our food isn't so long next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure to go toFredVIPDined on 9/22/2013Always a pleasure to go to "la tarte flambée" ... The food is good as in Alsace ... And the service is very friendly.Special Features:
- Loved itE2nycVIPDined on 9/1/2013Food is exceptionally good (all tartes!) and the service attentive. Looking forward to returning and trying other items on the menu. Also worth noting, this is one of many restaurants currently affected by the 2nd avenue line construction, our patronage is crucial for these small businesses. I encourage everyone to stop by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicieuxansoVIPDined on 8/24/2013Les tartes flambees sont succulentes; comme a la maison et on est toujours tres bien aqueuillis C est un plaisir de manger a la tarte flambee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect FlammenkuchenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2013My wife and I discovered this place a few months ago and have adored it ever since. The Flammenkuchen served here are a combiantion of fancy treat and comfort food. The quality is consistent, each Flammy I've eaten has been cooked perfectly, the ingredients tasting fresh and wonderful. The variety of salads is great, with the roasted beet salad being my wife's favorite. Their small wine list is still wonderfully chosen; the wine really goes with the Alsatian cuisine. The service here is beyond friendly, it's welcoming, attentive, and human. I recommend this place to anyone that like's a restaurant that focuses on serving great food in a casual, homey atmosphere of Alsace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of Alsacien homeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2013I went to Strasbourg a few years back and one of my fondest memories was the delicious Tarte Flambee that can only be found there. Along with that were the wines that just can't be found here in the US. When my friend travelled here from Alsace and told me he found a traditional tarte flambee, I instantly said I had to try it. I am so glad I did because I have not been disappointed with the quality of the food and the service. I brought friends who never tried the food as well and they were very pleased as well. I can say that I will definitely come back here regularly because their specials are great, the wines are tasty and they even offer meals that are well put together. Hands down one of my favorite places to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place for tarte flambéeJorisDined on 7/27/2013Love this place. Every tarte flambee they have is delicious and they have an all you can eat menu. The 2 chefs are really nice and can teach you everything about this dish. This is a really good place to discover signature dishes of Alsace.Special Features:
- Loved the salads - plentymorethansatisfiedDined on 7/21/2013Loved the salads - plenty for a vegitarian with her foodie friend on a special occasion. Attentive and charming service. Initmate fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great experience -sj704Dined on 7/20/2013Such a great experience - the "flammies" were very good - we tried the salmon and leek, the muenster, and the spicy chicken! For dessert, we had the banana split and brandy flammies -both a perfect way to end the meal!Special Features:
- Great find!FoodieVIPDined on 7/20/2013This modest little hole in the wall specializes in its homonymous "tarte flambee," if a crepe and a pizza had a baby it's be this. Great for what it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic French touch inOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2013Authentic French touch in a simple and intimate atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A touch of Francetime2eatDined on 7/10/2013This tiny restaurant was a delightful spot for lunch. At 2pm, it was still full with diners who embraced the relaxed atmosphere by dining, chatting, reading and enjoying well prepared fresh food. My husband had the gazpacho and I enjoyed a tarte with gruyere cheese. The tarte was a treat, crispy, tasty, light - just perfect and the soup felt like it was made on the spot. The service was wonderful and the coffee, divine.Special Features:
- nice and moderately pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2013This is a small restaurant (I counted 24 seats), so reservations are a good idea any time. The server was very laid back and let us order one tart at first with the option for another. The food comes out quickly, so we didn't wait long for our second one. The salad was nothing special, but both tarts were very good, with paper-thin crusts. I also appreciated the wines available in multiple sizes (glass, half-carafe, etc.). It's rare to find an Alsatian pinot gris by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood spotVeggieloverDined on 6/1/2013. I had the potato pancakes which were good just ok. . My friend had the veg pot pie which was excellent. Both enjoyed the gazpacho very much. Dessert was very good. Owner and staff were charming and attentive. All in all it was a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strasbourg in NYC!cheshireVIPDined on 5/30/2013The real deal! Authentic and delicious, and also good Alsatian beer and wine, too.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/23/2013VERY pleasant experience here. Food: delicious! They are known for their tarts for a reason. The original gruyere as well as the one with munster cheese are outstanding. It's light, crispy and so flavorful. The beet salad appetizer is highly recommended WITH the goat cheese! Meat pie entree and salmon entree were delicious. They also have a lovely beer selection! Service was perfect. The waiter recommended his favorite dishes and really made us feel like locals. Ambiance was lovely. The space is a bit small so it may feel a bit crowded especially with how popular the place is but it's all worth it!Special Features: