La Tagliatella Restaurant - Clarendon
2950 Clarendon Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Tagliatella Restaurant - Clarendon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.latagliatella.us/
- Phone: 5712574600
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Thursday: 11:30am – 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Special Events: Daily Happy Hour food and drink specials Mon-Fri 4-7pm and Sat/Sun 11:30-4
Half Price Select Bottles of Wine Every Tuesday
$3 Bellinis & Mimosas in the Bar and on the Patio All Day Saturdays and Sundays
A word from La Tagliatella Restaurant - Clarendon
Welcome to La Tagliatella Clarendon. We are a European-based Italian restaurant specializing in the rustic culinary traditions of Northern Italy. We import many of our key ingredients: tomatoes from Puglia; parmesan cheese from Emilia Romagna; gorgonzola cheese from Lombardia; buffalo's mozzarella from Campania; mushrooms from Trentino's region and focacia from Genova...We offer insalate, antipasti, our very own proprietary pastas and sauces; Napoletano-style pizze and several veal or filet mignon entrees. And don't pass on our desserts - they are truly unique and delicious. We have designed our restaurant with a beautiful full service bar for diners to enjoy Happy Hour, bar dining and socializing while enjoying one of our Specialty Cocktails, great wine or draft beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Tagliatella Restaurant - Clarendon reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (19)great for outdoor dining (14)romantic (13)fit for foodies (12)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (10)special occasion (9)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good food, good wineMikeDined on 10/16/2014Went here for a dinner with work colleagues. Nice atmosphere, food and wine were very good.Special Features:
- Very GoodOriginalDCDined on 10/13/2014I went here on a Monday night (also Columbus Day) so the restaurant was pretty quiet. The Service was a bit spotty, but nothing I would complain about. On the whole our waiter was around when we needed him and managed to come by to ask how we like our food before we had just taken the fifth (or so) bit or were in the middle of chewing. Over all it was a really nice dining experience and I would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Solid Italian mealKP1111Dined on 10/4/2014Great selection of fresh, homemade pasta and variety of sauces to mix and match to your taste! Right portion size as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Light and DeliciousFrequentDineeDined on 9/26/2014When my family and I went here for dinner, we ordered three different dishes - one salad, one pasta, and one pizza! Everything was delicious and light! The salad portion was huge; and the honey avocado dressing was the perfect accompaniment for the fresh veggies. The pasta was freshly made - I love the bite that it had; and the bolognese sauce was well seasoned! The pizza crust was thin and crisp; and the pizza wasn't at all oily or greasy! A great meal overall, definitely give it a try if you're craving some good Italian food!Special Features:
- Food was not greatSlumpDined on 9/23/2014They close kitchen at 10 am ..the food served was not hot and meat not cooked well..overall for the menu price its not a good value..
- Casual ItalianDCarlingtonFoodieDined on 9/18/2014Extensive menu and not too expensive. Great for a low-key Italian dinnerSpecial Features:
- pretty good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Pasta was pretty good but i grew up in new jersey so its hard to find marinara sauce that compares this far south. Tag's white sauce was awesome but there marinara didnt have much pop (flavor). Overall this seemed like a good date night place for clarendon and it didnt destroy my wallet. My date seemed to really enjoy it so mission accomplishedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plenty of optionsVeryAuthenticVIPDined on 9/17/2014We had a party of four which went to the restaurant for a late night bite once friends arrive from out of town. We were seated promtly as there were not many diners in the restaurant around 8:30pm on a Wednesday night. Plenty of options for places to sit and the services was actually great. Food came out quickly although not the best pasta and pizza I've had before before great location in Clarendon.Special Features:
- Only one complaintBojanglesDined on 8/23/2014Tables were extremely close together to the point where I was involved in the conversations between the couple to my left and the couple to my right. Did not have any privacy which makes it difficult for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - great serviceparisiensVIPDined on 8/11/2014This chef at this restaurant adds some changes to classic Italian food. For example, the Caesar salad has whole anchovies in the salad instead of ground up in the dressing. The seafood sauce was very flavourful. The Chef's pairings of pastas and sauces are quite good. Most are combinations I would certainly not think of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCNoteDined on 8/8/2014We had a party of 7 which was handled great. The menu choices and quality of the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- The Best SangriaEchoVIPDined on 8/8/2014This place is the best for happy hour. Great drink and food specials. The sangria is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okCambridgianVIPDined on 7/28/2014we went here for lunch, and were almost the only customers. I think that was because it was late July, and pretty much no one is working at that time of year in DC. The staff was attentive, but then forgot us as often happens in an empty restaurant. They worked hard to make up for it, and the food was decent. I think this might be a lovely place for dinner.
- late night crowdmommaVIPDined on 7/26/2014We went with family of relatives and had early reservation. Sadly, it was empty. But the service was good and so was the food. Just not indicative of the ambiance.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerdineforfiveDined on 7/25/2014The staff helped us celebrate our anniversary by preparing a table with champagne and strawberries. They were all very attentive. My husband and I really had a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinneryummyDined on 7/19/2014I've eaten here before and have never been disappointed. However, I tried three new dishes on this trip and they were all amazing, The service and timeliness of our meals coming out was splendid. They topped it off with a slice of mousse to celebrate my husband's birthday. Absolutely loved everything!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, location, bad atmospherOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/14/2014Margherita pizza and lobster bisque were great. Good wine selection. The physical condition of the menu was extremely poor and a major turnoff. Tables by the window are low quality and too close together.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatKatieDined on 7/12/2014Restaurant wasn't too busy for a Saturday night, so easy to get a table. Service was just okay - very business-like and not a lot of enthusiasm, but quick delivery of food and drinks. Hostesses and server looked ready to get out of there and go home already. Food was fine and cocktails were strong. Would have preferred patio table since there were obviously some available, but didn't seem worth asking.Special Features:
- Not badBrianDined on 7/12/2014My girlfriend wasn't overly impressed with the way her pasta was prepared, but it wasn't bad. My food was good, not great, as well. It wasn't a bad experience, but it was nothing special.Special Features:
- Good...not great--but still good!MithanicusVIPDined on 7/12/2014The food's a little too salty. Most places with this problem don't have decent food, but this place does--they just go overboard on the salt.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014Waitress was wonderful, extremely attentive and helpful. Seemed to actually enjoy her job and care about us, rare find sometimes! Good deals on happy hour specials.Special Features:
- New Experience!heroseagainDined on 6/22/2014Thus was my first time dining here and it want be the last. Food was great and service was even better. Love the surrounding. Great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner!GiGiB3Dined on 6/21/2014I went there for my birthday dinner before heading out to the bars in Clarendon. The server was super nice and helpful! The food was delicious. Everyone got a different dish and all were fabulous! Reservations were easy to make through Open Table and we were seated right away. Only issue is when I tried calling the restaurant, it just rang...not sure if something was up with their phone. But everything else was great! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 164 reviews are from the La Tagliatella Restaurant - Clarendon reviews archive.
- DisappointedDCProfessionalsVIPDined on 6/15/2014La Tagliatella has a pleasant atmosphere but the food and service are disappointing. Now we know why the restaurant was almost empty early on a Sunday afernoon.
- Wonderful!VerySatisfiedDined on 6/13/2014The whole experience was terrific. The service perfect. The food amazing (although the portions are quite large!) I would go there again in a second.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eh...zandeliDined on 5/30/2014Food was only ok - VERY salty. Ordered filet 'medium rare' - came out super-rare. Send it back, came back still what I would consider rare... Manager came by 20 min later, with meat only somewhat eaten, and claimed medium rare is purple inside. Idk about that - that's not what I consider medium rare - we expected a nice reddish pink in the center, not still essentially raw...especially after we sent it back once... Manager offered to remake it, but we said no, not necessary. He did take about $10 off the bill, which we didn't ask for but was appreciated. Had driven by the restaurant many times and wanted to try for a few months now... unfortunately, probably won't go back.Special Features:
- No more brochette bread sticks!EdinArlDined on 5/24/2014I took my wife to La Tagliatella for Valentines Day and she raved about the bread sticks. That was the main reason for her requesting this restaurant for a belated Mothers Day dinner. We were very disappointed to find that the brochette bread sticks were no longer on the menu. That said, my wife's chicken piccata was excellent. My lasagna was ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent italian...CarlosDined on 5/20/2014Very good food. Abundant portions. Carbonara sauce was excellent. Good wine list and very friendly staff... Going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Too Much NoiseLeeDVIPDined on 5/16/2014We like the menu and the many choices you have to mix and match pasta with sauces. The food is good. We do not like the noise. It is almost impossible to talk to someone across from you at the table. The ratings call it energetic and call it obnoxious. Why restaurants think their patrons don't want to hear what anyone is saying to them and having your ears blown out is fun I will never figure out. Unfortunately for us the noise level will keep us from going back very often.Special Features:
- one of my favesyummyDined on 5/11/2014My daughter & I eat here often. We brought my husband along and he loved it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehraaoneVIPDined on 5/9/2014I had won a gift certificate here so we went on a Friday night. I made a reservation but likely didn't even need one at 7:30 pm - wasn't too busy. The food was ok, but not anything to rave about or even go back for. Unless you like cream sauces, there isn't much that goes together well with the pasta dishes. The service was relatively attentive but discombobulated; brought the wrong wine, flat soda, etc. Little things but enough that my mom, who was in from out of town, was a little put off by the whole experience. Not the best start to our Mother's Day Weekend.
- First timeLeeGVIPDined on 5/1/2014Everything was very good and at a good price point; appetizers, dinner and wine. I thought the restaurant was a full service authentic Italian. It was pizza and pasta with limited entrees; although very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueDaGoodsDined on 4/27/2014Compared to other places in the area, La Tagliatella is very affordable, though the food was excellent. Definitely worth checking out for a date or a group get-together. Scenery struck me as upscale-casual.Special Features:
- Just OKTreatyourselfVIPDined on 4/23/2014This is the second time my boyfriend and I have visited. The first time was pretty good. We had two pizzas and a ports bello, tomato, mozzarella appetizer. Decent food! Second visit, nothing special. When we dine, we do like to experience great food, new flavors, something unique about the place where we are, but we came to the conclusion mid-meal that this place just doesn't offer anything special for us.Special Features:
- Dont expect to get your wayDontGetOutMuchDined on 4/12/2014Food was pretty good, but service was slow, We weren't able to get anything prepared how we wanted it, only how it was showing up on the menu. They gave us a hard time about getting a side of pasta with a meal saying that they can't do side portions of pasta. Yet a DIFFERENT meal came with a side portion of pasta. Guess they couldn't take it off one meal and put it on another...??? What kind of Italian restaurant refuses to give pasta as a side??Special Features:
- Great place for my BirthdayDanie13Dined on 4/12/2014Went here last week for my birthday with friends and it was a great choice! It's hard to get reservations for more than 8 on a weekend in Clarendon but they were very accommodating. My friends and I had all never been there and our waitress was excited to explain the menu and make recommendations for all of us. The build your own was neat and all of us loved our dishes. In the end I would say I'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were seated promptly andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014We were seated promptly and our server was great. She explained all the different sauces and pastas we had questions on. Food was delicious, nothing like freshly made pasta! We chose the restaurant for the location and selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2014Found the restaurant on Open Table as we were visiting from out of town and wanted something close to our hotel......what a great find!!!! Our waitress was fabulous at directing us to a perfect entrée selection and a nice bottle of wine!! Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Four of us had a great lunchplzd2eatVIPDined on 3/24/2014Four of us had a great lunch today. We ordered a pizza and 3 different pastas. Service was prompt and food was delivered quickly. Everyone commented about how good the food was and how nice the restaurant looked. I'm very surprised there were not many more people there. They do not know what they are missing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GEM IN CLARENDONOmar2VIPDined on 3/22/2014A nice place to have a special occasion and very romantic, the service team are excellent indeed. A must visit restaurantSpecial Features: