La Tagliatella Restaurant - Charlotte
210 East Trade St.
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Tagliatella Restaurant - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latagliatella.us/
- Phone: 7049005555x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday and Saturday 11:00am - 11:00pm
Bar Open - 'Til
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Customized Special Event menus available. Please contact manager at restaurant.
A word from La Tagliatella Restaurant - Charlotte
Northern Italian cuisine with handcrafted pastas and sauces, fresh made Napoletano-style pizzas as well as entrees including Veal, Chicken, Salmon and Filet Mignon. Full service bar with Specialty Cocktails, wine and beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
La Tagliatella Restaurant - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
La Tagliatella Restaurant - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)romantic (5)special occasion (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- First TimerDougDined on 9/9/2014This location of this place is good. You can do a lot of things before or after dining in here. The food is great.Special Features:
- Fast, friendly, good food and fun!OfficeDwellerDined on 9/2/2014Being first timers to this restaurant, we were pleasantly surprised by the decor, the menu variety and the quality of the food, especially the fresh pasta. Service was great, food was excellent and I would certainly return again now that I have experienced this restaurant for the first time. Staff was very attentive but not too much so, which made the experience even more enjoyable!Special Features:
- Has gone downhillMarktillaDined on 8/9/2014Had dinner here a year ago and it was great. We eagerly went back but food was flavorless and service was poor. To add insult to injurythey reported us as no shows to opentable. We were 5 minutes early. There are many better choices nearby.
- Food is not goodVickVIPDined on 7/25/2014Greeted upon arrival, and seated in area requested. The server was wonderful, very attentive and bubbly. The food was not good. Would not recommend it at all. Stay away!!
- Terrible all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Four of us dined there on a Sat evening. Worst experience at a restaurant ever. Three of us didn't get drinks until AFTER our entrees were brought to us. Our entrees were brought out one at a time, with long times in between. So our food didn't get cold, we each went ahead and ate . That meant none of us ate together! We asked to see a manager twice and he never came. Don't waste your time or money- the frustration isn't worth it!
- Tasty food, disappointing servicekaylat13Dined on 7/12/2014The food here was delicious. However the service left much to be desired. For being open a year, the staff all seemed like new-hires and poorly trained. We waited 20 minutes for our drinks to finally be made from the bar, a complimentary bread basket was never brought to our table though we could see others receiving theirs, and we were blatantly told that if we wanted our food to be out within the next 20-30 minutes that we should order right then and there, among other smaller service issues. It's a shame that the staff was so poorly prepared as I would love to return simply for the delicious pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!HighExpectationsDined on 7/10/2014All five of us throroughly enjoyed our food. It was outstanding. Red sangria is refreshing and yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Great family dinner before bowling! Service and food was outstanding.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2014I had high hopes based on the menu and pictures of the interior, but the food was just bad. This place has a lot of potential, but really needs to up its game on the quality of good coming out of the kitchen.
- I wanted to love it but...thudsonVIPDined on 6/12/2014The restaurant is gorgeous, staff friendly but food was meh and silverware was dirty. We had the lobster bisque-too salty / bland; cheese calzone which was undercooked /doughy; parpadelle pasta with red sauce & meatballs which looked great when it came out, however, it was cold. We were one of only a handful of tables at lunch so it was not as if the waitress was busy and the food had been sitting there. The only down side to our waitress was that she kept walking away while we were talking. We had several requests when the food came (sauce, cheese, clean utensils) and had to ask her back several times to finish talking. It has potential and just needs better management /qc.Special Features:
- The following 35 reviews are from the La Tagliatella Restaurant - Charlotte reviews archive.
- Excellent Food and ServiceMoniqueInQCDined on 5/31/2014Everyone in my party truly enjoyed the food and service. There were a variety of dishes at our table and just about everyone races about their food. Our server was awesome, efficient, and patient with our large group. Definitely will return for the risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will return.CasualDinerDined on 5/17/2014The pasta was very fresh. We all ordered different pastas and different sauces and then shared them family-style. We will go again.Special Features:
- Everything but the food...NCappDined on 5/16/2014Everything about La Tagliatella is great... Except the food, which is not bad. The service was great, our waitress was funny and helpful. She used a cool little gadget to take our order. The decor is fun to look at and the location is great. Nice open windows to see out into epicenter. The menu was great, but the food wasn't on par with the rest of the scene. Don't get me wrong, it was ok... Just not as great as I was expecting. The noodles were cooked well and homemade... But the sauce. First; could have given us more than a tablespoon of sauce... And, could have been a little more flavorful.. Also, get rid of those rolls! Need to have real Italian bread! More sauce, better bread. Sure go check it out.Special Features:
- hand-crafted pastOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2014We enjoyed the hand-crafted pastas. It's nice to have something a little different from the norm. Also fresh pasta make such a lighter meal and does not sit so heavy, so we had more room for wine!Special Features:
- good locationOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/20/2014Good location in Epicenter. The host greeted us warmly, the server was good at explaining the menu. The pasta was cooked properly, but it was very heavy and overly starchy. It seemed very thick for a papperadelle. The sauce was good, but not great. I was excited about having fresh pasta, but it didn't deliver on texture.Special Features:
- Our waitress forgot we wereBusinessLadyDined on 3/12/2014Our waitress forgot we were there and the food was a disappoinemt
- Fun girl's night!RebeccaDined on 3/8/2014My friend and I had dinner here before having a "night out" at the Epicentre. Our waitress was SO much fun and SO attentive. She made excellent recommendations for wines, appetizers, and entrees! The food and wine were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open on Sundays!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2014This is a great restaurant, moderately priced and is perfect before a show in Uptown.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good, some not so much.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/22/2014Nice downtown location. Caesar salad very good with or without Anchovies and large enough to share. Hot bread, fresh from the oven is a nice touch. 3 pasta dishes of varying quality. The Bolognese sauce was a bit too sweet, but otherwise the pasta dishes were piping hot with rich, creamy carbonara and tender pasta. Wine list a bit anemic.
- Service was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Service was very good but food was great in some dishes but not in others. We shared a salad which was excellent and plenty for two people. I had their signature pasta dish which was very good. My husband ordered the veal scallopinni and it was not good at all. The pieces were too flat and way over cooked and the asparagus was under cooked and hard. We mentioned this to our waiter and they were nice to take off his dish from our bill. The atmosphere was nice and we will probably go again but not order the veal dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Place, Ordinary Food!Bach88keysDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant is absolutely stunning and the staff are very personable and sweet. We had reservations (which were not needed, even on Feb 14). They walked us through a very empty restaurant to seat us next to a table that has water under it, wet floor signs, and a mop. The next few minutes we enjoyed watching someone clean up. We order drinks, that we were told were $5 and ended up being $12. The focaccia bread basket app was not worth it. Our drinks were GREAT! I had a pizza that sounded great, she had pasta. Both were very plain and something I could make at home but still good. This place is fine for a special occasion but I wouldn't eat there again just because it's not worth the money.Special Features:
- Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Dinner was great, really enjoyed the specialty bourbon cocktail and wife loved her moscato. Very nice interior and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian at the EpiCenterpugsly75Dined on 2/11/2014A great place for groups and families. The food was delicious and had great presentation. The atmosphere is great, decor is great, and the staff was professional. We really enjoyed dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty foodLovestoEatDined on 1/18/2014Overall the experience was great! Very flavorful entrees. We had a double-date with some friends and it was enjoyable and a classy restaurant. The bread/rolls were hot and fresh! The desserts and ice cream was homemade as well as the pasta. Authentic Italian at its finest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not bother!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/18/2014Inattentive service, restaurant chain style food, and a painfully slow and unorganized bar staff. We waited a long time before our first round of drinks finally arived to the table. Our food came out cold (my order was wrong), and of course they were out of the one desert we wanted. You are better off at Olive Garden.
- Poor food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/18/2014Might be good for large group and kids if you get basic pizza. Otherwise food quality and proration is terrible.Special Features:
- Birthday Experience!!MsJanuary90Dined on 1/10/2014It was very easy to make my reservation for a party of 16. My guests and I had a Wonderful time. The food service was a little slow but once the food arrived everyone was more than satisfied. Our Waiter (Woods) was very friendly and attentive. The price for food and wine were very reasonable. I would Recommend this Restaurant to others without hesitation. Thanks for making My Birthday an Enjoyable Experience. Ms.TwittySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so ItalianChuckDined on 12/31/2013There was nothing special on the menu, service, or the restaurant's presentation.Special Features:
- DisappointedfoodieatheartVIPDined on 12/15/2013We made a reservation for after The Panthers/Jets game. We arrived at 7:30pm and no one was present at the host desk. We waited and were acknowledged by no one. It was not busy so we decided to enter the bar area tables hoping for dinner. Surprisingly, no one acknowledged us there either. The restaurant was practically empty so it's concerning to me how we managed to slip through the cracks. Unfortunately, we left after 15 minutes of being ignored.
- Great place to eat.MaggianosVIPDined on 12/7/2013I loved the service and the food there. for somereason its not so busy, but i have a feeling as people realize its there it will begin to pic kup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and atmosphere!yummyDined on 11/22/2013Reasonably priced, lots of choices and cute indoor/outdoor area. Would be great for lunch also! Definitely going back!Special Features:
- Fun before a concert!LindseyVIPDined on 11/15/2013Great spot to check out before a concert at TWC arena. Our experience was fun and delicious. The server was excellent. The atmosphere is energetic and fit for groups/couples kicking off a fun night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of kinks to work out...MichaelY0217VIPDined on 11/6/2013Full disclosure, I had a group of 5 for an 8:30pm reservation on a Tuesday night and the restaurant was dead. The food was average AT BEST and to top it off, it came out at vastly different times. The meatballs were crusty on the bottom and had clearly been sitting for an extended period of time.The restaurant in general is nice but they have not gotten into a ryythm at all (no bitters - wait, then the waitress said she had some that shed brought from home-, ran out of onions and had to come back to my brother to tell him his dish (which was terrible anyway) wouldn't have them after he'd already ordered, no craft beer as the menu states because as the waitress put it "they just keep forgetting to order it). What a shame given its location.
- Special occasion after the game...JamesBondDined on 11/3/2013We were looking for a nice place to meet up with family for a special occasion after a football game and was given La Tagliatella and a few other restaurant options by the hotel staff at the Aloft. We enjoyed the ambiance and the food and service were good but not great. We had the meatball appetizer and various combinations of the fresh pasta...
- Halloween MayhemRachelVIPDined on 10/26/2013I was promptly seated upon arrival for my reservation. I don't know if the waitress was waiting for my entire party to show up before asking me if I needed a drink but I probably sat there for 15 minutes by myself and was not once approached by waitstaff. Then after half my party arrived, I think we still didn't get asked for our drink order for another 20 minutes or so. However, the waitress was knowledgeable about the menu and very friendly. Once taking our orders, the service was quick and food was good. I was also impressed that the waitress was able to split the bill for us with accuracy to what everyone ordered. The only weird part was one of the guy waitstaff took our picture with his personal phone without asking us for permission.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very so-solovecharlestonDined on 10/24/2013Our service was excellent, but the food was very average. I had the risotto with shrimp and the was a huge amount of risotto but only 3 tiny shrimp. And it wasn't that tasty.
- pastaAnneDined on 10/23/2013the fresh pasta did not taste all that fresh, altho the sauce was good. my friend ordered risotto with shrimp and it had only 2 shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for anniversary dinner,HighExpectationsDined on 10/10/2013My husband and I went here for our 4th wedding anniversary. We were treated very well with a free appetizer and dessert. The waiter, Joe, was terrific! Awesome food and our dogs were welcome in the outdoor seating area! A great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pastaCarolDined on 10/10/2013The appetizer was very good. The sauce on the pastas was lacking. My friend had a pesto type sauce and had meat sauce. Both seemed to lack some flavor. The service was excellant.
- This was my first visit, andTopsyVIPDined on 10/7/2013This was my first visit, and I WILL be going back soon. Their meatballs are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.