La Tagliatella - Germantown
20630 Seneca Meadows Pkwy
Germantown, MD 20876Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Tagliatella - Germantown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.latagliatella.us/
- Phone: (240) 449-8686
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 10:30am - 10:00pm
Monday through Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from La Tagliatella - Germantown
Welcome to La Tagliatella Germantown. We are a European-based Italian restaurant specializing in the rustic culinary traditions of Northern Italy. We import many of our key ingredients: tomatoes from Puglia; parmesan cheese from Emilia Romagna; gorgonzola cheese from Lombardia; buffalo's mozzarella from Campania; mushrooms from Trentino's region and focacia from Genova...We offer our very own proprietary pastas and sauces; Napoletano-style pizze as well as veal, chicken, salmon and filet mignon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Tagliatella - Germantown reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)special occasion (5)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Only fairOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014Food and service at this restaurant was only fair, at best. Food items were served lukewarm. Red sauce had no taste. Pizza crust was extremely thin, and had no taste. Server did not check with us during meal. When told about the food, only responded with "I'm sorry."
- Great food and ambiancerosaliewilbergerDined on 10/31/2014This was my first visit and the experience was great. Good food, good service and nice decor. In a good spot that is close to a lot of things.Special Features:
- Food great, very accommodatingkimbawpVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a couple of problems with our order, but the owner/manager was very accommodating. He offered to replace what was too spicy for our daughter, and offered a free dessert. Our server was awesome - very friendly and on top of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014I wasn't sure what to expect from a restaurant in a shopping center. We were pleasantly surprised at how good this place actually was. The service was very good and the restaurant has a nice feel to it. We'll go back for sure.Special Features:
- Just not great.Gatsby27VIPDined on 8/11/2014All three in our group tried different pastas and although they weren't bad they certainly weren't worth 15-20 dollars an entree for very average pasta. I actually prefer Mamma Lucia better and I have eaten Italian food all over Europe. The service was fine, the free bread wasn't bad, just nothing to get excited about here. Perhaps we will give the place, and the pizza, one more try.
- DisappointingCurlzDined on 8/1/2014So excited to have a new restaurant in Germantown, but quickly disappointed. From the service to the food. Our waiter had no personality and forgot things we requested. Also the pizza was undercooked, came out desperately from our other entrees and the pasta we ordered was tasteless. It's a shame. Hopefully they will get better training in there.
- OUTSTANDINGeateverything1Dined on 7/31/2014La Tagliatella is an outstanding restaurant this is the second time my wife and I have eaten here and recommend this to anybody who is looking for great Italian food. My wife is half Italian and she said it takes her back to her grandparents food. We ordered the meatballs and they were delectable, I ordered the veal and I could cut it with a fork, wife's chicken pasta best ever. Once again if your looking for a great Italian restaurant with great ambience and friendly staff go to La Tagliatella. :)Special Features:
- A sweet eveningSingingDebDined on 7/29/2014My friends and I enjoyed a delicious dinner at La Tagliatella. We were able to sit and chat and never felt rushed. I enjoyed my glass of sangria. The salad was plentiful (and the thick parm dressing was so good!) The fresh bread rolls were lovely and toasty warm. Two of us shared main courses: Tortellone with Pesto Rosso Panna, a chef's recommended pairing, was absolutely fabulous. It was quite light and was beautiful flavored. The Calzone Toscano was a delicious medley inside, though the dough wasn't very flavorful on its own. We shared the Tre Bombe al Cioccolato for dessert, and the flavors are great. I'd like to try the Bomba on my next visit. The restaurant was not crowded; most patrons were at the bar or dining outside.Special Features:
- The following 49 reviews are from the La Tagliatella - Germantown reviews archive.
- First Time Customer1stXCustomerDined on 7/11/2014This would be a perfect place to go to for dessert and coffee. We ordered pizzas for lunch which were over priced. The flavor was average. We ordered sodas. Our total bill was $65.00 for a "casual lunch". The desserts were excellent. I would return for dessert and coffee.Special Features:
- Great Italian choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Great menu with many different pasta options. Our server Hope was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/24/2014Waitress ,no experience,saw us trying to decide on a wine, there was foru of us fighting over wine list,waitress should have brought another wine list without asking for one. Asked the waitress four the translation of the sauce ,didn't know it. Appitizer was tasteless. All and all not returning.Special Features:
- Loved it !TheTiggysDined on 5/21/2014So glad my friend recommended this place. It exceeded expectations. It was quiet as we got there for an early dinner. The pork tenderloin dish (flagged at customer favorite) was AMAZING. The bloody mary was like none other. Will definitely be back.
- Mother's Day 1st ExperienceTiffanyVIPDined on 5/11/2014SERVICE: subpar 3 stars at best Reasons: - ordered 1 bellini and 1 mimosa, first mistake : was given 2 bellinis - NEVER ONCE came over to my mom and I's table to refill our water, not once - So upon ordering the mushroom and shrimp risotto ... I'm sure she meant well, but our server Amber C told my mom and I: " I wouldn't order that if I were you. It's really overly salty and not good.
- CappyDined on 5/11/2014Unfortunately our dining experience was less than expected. The waitress was either brand new, or just incompetent. As a result, it took over 15 minutes before she got around to taking our selections. Additionally, she never came back to check on us until after the meal was over. The food was not up to the expectations of a "class" restaurant. All of our party (4 people) complained that the food was not better than what one could expect at a fast-food place. I picked La Tagiatella because I wanted a special place to bring my family on Mother's Day. Sadly, I was very much disappointed.
- Awful host staffBrihospotiDined on 5/10/2014We made a reservation for 7 on a Saturday and they are at their last regular table/booth as we walked in. There was a couple in front of us. They just gave them the last table and asked if we would sit at the bar or one of the high top tables. Wait staff is really incompetent, rude. They should have saved the last table for people who made a reservation and asked the walk ins to wait a few minutes. Very unfriendly wait staff. I would not go back to there. Food: It felt like whoever did taste testing forgot their test bud at home that day. Food has no flavor.
- Kid FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I had heard from a coworker that La Tagliatella was very kid friendly. They would provide dough for the children to play with. Maybe I was mislead, but we didn't receive this. I can agree that it is kid friendly as they have a kids menu, but they could add some things to color like a lot of other restuarants provide. Finally, children aren't the most pacient people when they are hungry. Some complementary bread would be nice prior to the food being served, to hold them over until dinner has been prepared. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La TagBettisVIPDined on 5/10/2014Service was very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. Food was good but not great. Pizza - 8 Pastas - 6 Breads - 8 Appetizers - 9 Ambience only fair, a bunch a tables in two rooms, nothing special, almost felt like dinning in a Cafeteria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Carpaccio!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/2/2014Very interesting pizzas and pastas too. Great family atmosphere. Ask to seat at Junior's session - great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High ExpectationsSudsvilleDined on 4/26/2014A little expensive for two adults & one child. $100 before tip (no alcohol).Special Features:
- Great Look, Bad Food!JailoveVIPDined on 4/4/2014The Pasta is not all made fresh, the dried pasta is boxed. The sauce also taste like it came from a jar. While the place was nice and the management was really nice and tried to fix it. The food however was NOT good at all and we did not stay for dessert.
- Good stuff... The pasta wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/29/2014Good stuff... The pasta was very good and the sangria was noteworthySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service. Good pricedChristineDined on 3/21/2014Attentive service. Good priced drink specials. Food was good but nothing extremely noteworthy. Great location though and hoping it improves as I'd love to have an option for good food in that area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- La TagliatellaFranceDined on 3/14/2014We came here to try out a new place. The food was very good, the service was a little slow. The pizza was delicious, and I really liked the ability to mix and match pasta and sauce. We had a very good bottle of wine. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoping it was a bad night?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2014It took 15 minutes and a request from us to the host to get a server to our table...which annoyed us and set the tone for the night. Our server while friendly, was not attentive, didn't apologize for the wait and told us the pizzas would probably come out before the pasta (which at this point I was starving so I was fine with)....but lo and behold, they arrived a full 5 mins after the pastas were brought out and they were cold...? They were still good, probably due to the fact that I was really hungry. I did request extra sauce as did my friend for his pasta...which we were charged for ($6) without being asked if that was alright. Overall, unhappy with service and food was just sub-par. Won't be back...Special Features:
- Food - A Service - D+Out2LunchVIPDined on 3/9/2014Took Mom for her 86th birthday. Fortunately, we were not in a big hurry. Food was excellent but like many other reviewers have said, service is a problem. We had a pleasant young woman assigned to our table but she was mostly AWOL. A new waiter arrived to work and tried to assist her. He was full of energy and helped to get our table back on track but eventually turned the job back over to the original waitress. Either she wasn't well trained or she's not very good at being a waitress. Nevertheless, the food was quite good and fairly unique, especially for a shopping center restaurant. We would certainly return. Wegman's is across the parking lot if you want to do a little gourmet grocery shopping after lunch/dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is real ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/7/2014Great REAL Italian food ... not the stuff you get in your normal chain Italian restaurant. Closest thing we have found since a trip to Italy almost a year ago ... pizza as thin as it is in Rome and yes, don't expect peperoni - didn't see any of that in Italy either. We were pleasantly surprised with this new place and will be back. The ambience is a little sterile...lighting too bright, does not feel very cozy but the food makes up for it.Special Features:
- Appetizers were good, mainOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014Appetizers were good, main dishes were below average. Pasta, mine over cooked and tasteless, my Husband's under cooked and dry. His chicken over cooked. Expensive for the type of food and atmosphere. There were servers and diners running past our table the entire time. Very noisy as well.
- Yummy!LaurenDined on 2/28/2014Great service by the fabulous Wilber. Never had to ask for a refill, he was always nearby and ready to get us anything we needed. Food was delicious. Wine list was extensive. A wonderful addition to Germantown. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- By restaurantaholicsMariaDined on 2/28/2014Decided to go drive out of my way to try the new restaurant. Met family and friends there for a nice evening. The food was good especially the skewered pork. The service was VERY slow but I attribute it to the fact that it was just recently opened. The noise level was high. It could benefit from some acoustic tiles. But the most notable aspect of the restaurant was the high prices. Considering the fact that the restaurant is in a distant suburb I was surprised by how expensive everything cost.
- It's About Time!JoeyDined on 2/26/2014This was our second visit to La Tagliatella. Germantown now has a restaurant of this quality and with a fantastic menu. The staff was as good as any you would find in DC's upscale eateries. The pasta was excellent and a shared pizza appetizer was different enough to make it memorable. Hard to believe it is a chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although new restaurant wentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2014Although new restaurant went already 5 times. Tried new meal every time. Never deceived. Very good restaurant, very good service and very friendly waiters.Special Features:
- Delicious food, if input correctlyAlexDined on 2/21/2014I really like the concept of this restaurant with the ability to pair any type of their broad variety of pastas with an equally broad selection of sauces. The food was very good once it arrived, with complex flavors and a good pairing of pasta and sauce as recommended by the chef. However the service was a bit lacking, which I attribute mostly to how the waiter was taking our order on what looked like a smartphone. Thankfully, they comped a meal that came out wrong, but my rating of the service would have been much better had they brought everything we asked for in the order we had requested.Special Features:
- How much time do you have?71pensVIPDined on 2/16/2014We tried this place and learned quickly that there are better options in the area. We ordered meatballs as an appetizer and salads. After forty-five minutes, we still had not received any food. When we brought this to the attention of a manager, we were told it would arrive in a few minutes. It never did and we left. Pathetic service.
- My reviewTonyDined on 2/15/2014I ordered the Tagliatelle pasta with Garlic Shrimp and an Emiliana pizza. Two dishes I ordered before at their Arlington, VA location in the Clarendon neighborhood to compare. The pasta was taken out of the water about a minute too soon so it still had a slightly raw taste and texture. The shrimp were also a bit too under cooked. The pizza crust was not as Crisp and tasty as I am use too at Clarendon. Our server was not attentive while taking our order and I had to repeat every single thing I asked her to bring us. That got a bit annoying. She did take the two dishes off our bill. My advice is to let JP get the kinks out of this new location before you go. I recommend the Clarendon location for your first visit to this resturant chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurant in GermantownfrequentdinerDined on 2/15/2014First time dining at LaTagliatella. Great experience, good food, great service.Special Features:
- Sad RestaurantDDPinMCDined on 2/15/20141. Party member ordered a bar drink. It never arrived. 2. Pasta dish was undercooked. Sent it back. It never returned. 3. Ravioli was cooked just enough to be chewable. 4. Manager did comp three of the six main dishes ordered. 5. Manager comped six desserts. 6. Desserts with ice cream arrived with partially melted ice cream 7. One of the loudest restaurants I have ever dined in. 8. Waiter would disappear for long periods of time. Google Tom Seistma's review of the Clarendon branch of this international chain. One of the funniest reviews I have ever read. It was only about an hour before I went to this restaurant I realized it was the one Tom Seistma reviewed. He gave the Clarendon location 1/2 star. Germantown is on par.
- Had a nice Valentine's Day dinnerAshMagDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant opened in January, but my only time to go there so far was for Valentine's Day with my boyfriend. I had a really good experience and the food/our waitress were both really good. (Had the pick your own pasta -- highly recommend!) The only reason I didn't give this a perfect score was that the kitchen originally forgot to include the salmon I ordered with my pasta. But my waitress came over pretty soon after and she got it for me fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatDrewVIPDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I dined here for Valentine's Day. Great environment and service. Over, the food left a little to be desired. The mushroom & shrimp risotto was overpowered with the mushrooms and not enough shrimp. I paid extra to add more shrimp, which were not grilled to the same consistency as the rest of the meal. My wife's meal lacked the sauce she desired. I would return, but will be more keen in my selections. There aren't many decent spots in Germantown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new find!ssislandgirl71Dined on 2/14/2014I love Italian food and this place knocked it out of the park! There is a huge difference in fresh made pasta vs dry boxed pasta and here they make all their own and it was delicious!Special Features:
- So-So At BestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014I read several reviews and they seemed to be very polar... My feeling was one of its an 'OK' place at best. We went on Valentine's day at 6PM... We were seated promptly and the waiter came over to take drink / appetizer orders. So far so good.... Drinks came, although he forgot one... How? Who knows... We then got our appetizer... It was served absent plates and silverware... Why? Who knows... Dinner arrived shortly after. The pizza was a very thin crust... Someone expecting an 'American' style pizza, it would have been a surprise. Two of the other meals were 'OK', but bland. The last meal was pasta in tomato sauce... The dish was overly dry, lacking enough sauce. Net: Not a horrible place, but we will not be going back anytime soon...