La Strada - Eldorado Hotel Casino
345 N. Virginia St
Reno, CA 89501Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Strada - Eldorado Hotel Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eldoradoreno.com/reno-restaurants/la-strada/
- Phone: 8008798879
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Troy Cannan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: La Strada has 3 private dining options.
2 of the private rooms feel as if you are dining in a private Italian home. One seats 20 guests and the other, 14. The "Wine Cellar" can accommodate up to 26 guests. Its brick walls hung with woven tapestries remind you of old Italy. Along with everyday reservations we are also available to take your large parties,so celebrate your special occasions and holiday parties here with us! Special banquet menus are available and individualized menus can be arranged for your own unique dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Vertucci 7757865700
- Entertainment: Visit the Eldorado Hotel Casino, where award winning entertainment & nightlife options are available around every corner! Stop by The Brew Brothers, our in-house microbrewery for tasty food, live music and fun! Our Broadway style showroom is consistently voted the "Best Venue" in Northern Nevada, featuring hits like "Grease”, popular cirque-style shows and more. Enjoy fresh, award winning drinks at Roxy's Bar & Lounge, Cin-Cin & Bar Centro. Don't forget to check out the hottest nightspot, BuBinga Lounge, where DJs spin the latest hits. Exclusive Party Planning Services are available for all venues.
A word from La Strada - Eldorado Hotel Casino
Named one of the top 10 Italian restaurants in the nation, La Strada offers authentic northern Italian cuisine prepared by chefs from Milan, Italy. Try pastas made fresh daily in the Eldorado pasta shop, meat, seafood entrees and more.Continued
La Strada has won the Wine Spectator "Award of Excellence" for six years. Experience the taste and romance of Italy at the Eldorado's signature restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
La Strada - Eldorado Hotel Casino - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
La Strada - Eldorado Hotel Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (41)special occasion (40)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (25)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- absolute perfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014We don't travel to Reno on days that La Strada is closed. Probably don't need to say more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ValuesuchanDined on 9/13/2014La Strada offers good food at reasonable prices in plush surroundings. Good wine, lots of bread, not a huge menu, but varied. The piped music (Sinatra) was a little loud and the waiter a little overbearing, but overall, a good dinner.Special Features:
- Great ServiceCheerstoyouDined on 9/8/2014My husband and I celebrated our Anniversary at La Strada. The restaurant was highly recommended. Our Server Tony was outstanding, what a lovely young man. He was the highlight of our evening. La Strada at some point was a highly rated Northern Italian eatery, we expected great things. My husband had the Chicken Parmesan and I ordered Chicken Marsala, both were ok, nothing special. Thankfully the prices were quite reasonable so we didn't feel that disappointed. It's a nice dinner out, just not the level we were expecting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvitalianluvitalianDined on 9/6/2014We eat at La Strada every time we are in the area. We have never had a bad meal. Their food is fabulous and there service is outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuakerdadDined on 9/6/2014We sat across from the kitchen, It was too loud. The food was good. We enjoyed the Chef's special sampler plate. It was quite yummy.Special Features:
- Date night yes Family night Nobfr4570Dined on 9/2/2014We took are young children to dinner here not knowing it was such a nice restaurant, that i would say is better for a couple or an adult group. We were first sat among many couples and small groups in a quiet corner. After being in the car for two hours and seeing the faces of some of the other guest we asked to be moved just in case the kids acted up. They moved to an area next to the kitchen so in was a little loud. The lamb was some of the best i have had. The waiter we had was very good especially to are children. The biggest problem was sometimes being forgot about while they attended to a dinner party in a private room. I would definitely go again just with the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY GOODDHMSHOPDined on 9/1/2014This is a amazing restaurant is you don't go during the high season times when they are really busy. I have been going to La Strada for many years and almost all of the time the service is excellent, the restaurant is quiet, Frank Sinatra is playing in the background, the full bar and wine list accommodates everyone's tastes, and their food is wonderful. I could dine on their bread basket alone. If I was given my choice of a last meal on this earth, for sure it would be their wild mushroom ravioli!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceJiminrenoDined on 8/30/2014We went to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Our waiter, Josh, greeted us with a special anniversary greeting. He was friendly, helpful but not too casual. Everything we had was beautiful to look at and tasted even better. My wife had veal as it is her favorite and it is hard to get in Reno. It did not disappoint. After dinner they brought us a dessert and sang an anniversary song in Italian. They feature Ferrari Carano wines at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- DevineBethVIPDined on 8/25/2014We were in Reno for a little getaway and decided to try something different. We were so happy with this restaurant. Both my husband and I had the early bird specials which included their mushroom ravioli's and the steak. Everything was delicious including their bread basket. Loved their garlic bread! For dessert we shared the tiramusu. The whole meal was heavenly. We will be back! The service was exceptional and we were served so quickly!Special Features:
- Wonderful experience.krmackDined on 8/23/2014On my budget, this is a special occasion destination, but it was worth every penny. The fodd was incredible, the service was very professional. This a first class restaurant all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The food was amazing and our waiter was great! It was my daughter's 11th birthday and he made her feel very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite in RenoRomadinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014We eat here at least once every time we come to Reno. Great atmosphere and food. I highly recommend it. Do try the Mushroom Ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food as Usual, Service no soRMBPHDDined on 8/16/2014While this great old Reno Restaurant still has great food, the services was not up to par at our recent visit. We had let the hostess know that this was a birthday dinner, but did not receive the usual treatment for that. Our waiter was slow and inattentive throughout the ordering, serving and bill with noticeably long periods between visits to the table. The signature mushroom ravioli were perfect as usual and Caprise salad (our personal measure of any Italian restaurant) memorable. Our guests for the evening, though long time Reno residents, had never been to La Strada before and enjoyed the food very much. Scallops with risotto, Grilled Salmon and Veal were all commented on.
- Another great meal at La Strada5x10Dined on 8/15/2014We booked a reservation on Open Table at our favorite Italian restaurant in the El Dorado Casino. Service was excellent, food was outstanding as usual. We ordered their signature mushroom ravioli as an appetizer, arugula salad, veal marsala and the affogato for desert. Everything was outstanding. We plan on visiting Reno next month and booked another reservation to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- Delicious Italian; moderate pricekamoiVIPDined on 8/12/2014Our party of 4 thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. The pasta and seafood dishes we highly recommend - in particular, the seafood linguini; gnocchi and carbonara. The latter dish was wetter than you would experience in Italy, but delicious nevertheless. And the gnocchi was light as pillows. Several tables were celebrating birthdays that night and the waiters came out to sing happy birthday in Italian.Special Features:
- ComfortablePleasantDined on 8/12/2014It was plesantsant. A little slow on delivering the food, and they were missing items offered on the dish, ie they were out of oysters for the seafood linguini, and subbed clams, the squid was rubbery and the broth was very watery. So the fish juice was being splatter over our clothing. The meal was not worth the money. But it was quiet. I would not rate the restaurant 4 stars
- HARPODined on 8/10/2014Outstanding food! Outstanding Waiter! Outstanding service! Great atmosphere! Very relaxing! If they had 10 stars instead of 5 we would give them #10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedcherylDined on 8/9/2014Not as good as in the past. The food was not seasoned appropriately. Really disappointed.Special Features:
- Great restaurantGranVikDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten here several times. Always outstanding. Great food, great service and pleasant setting. We will be back.Special Features:
- WOW!shurtubiseDined on 8/4/2014Wow! What an amazing restaurant! Our waiter (Tony) was so attentive and super nice. Very professional but didn't make us feel uncomfortable as a younger couple in a formal dining restaurant. The food was delicious. We had linguini and mussels and fettuccine Alfredo. The half order was plenty as their portions are large. Their wine list was very large. I had a glass of Chardonnay (Russian River something or other) which was recommended by our waiter and it paired perfectly with the fettuccine Alfredo. Overall I would recommend La Strada to everyone. Such a great find and a memorable experience for our first time to Reno!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bellissimo!!FiorepianoDined on 8/2/2014Whenever in Reno....a must!! Best Italian food other than being in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great resterauntvernapDined on 8/2/2014Always love going to La Strada, food is always excellent. Great service. Mushroom raviolis to die forSpecial Features:
- DinnerJimSDined on 8/2/2014Outstanding food and service. Highly recommend as food is the best in the area.Special Features:
- Only one word neededCutterDined on 8/1/2014AWESOME !! Truly a gem that few know of - anyone that I have told about LaStrada has been blown away ! We live in the Bay Area and make the 3 1/2 hour drive regularly for THIS place- WOW -thank U ! Got to stop writin now - have visions of mushroom tabs MmmmmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe this is a top ten.GerryDined on 8/1/2014We have lived in Reno for 12 years and had eaten in a number of the El Dorado's restaurants but never La Strada. We were very pleased with the menu and our service. My wife had the arugula salad and I the Caesar. Both were excellent. My wife had the spaghetti carbonara which she said was possibly the best she has ever had. My seafood fettuccine was chock full of clams, muscles, shrimp and calamari. It too was very good. Wine list was good and we had a very good Pinot Grigio. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJBCRDined on 7/27/2014While we were treated to the wonderful food the chef Ivano took time to meet us, he is by far one of the best chefs anywhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- busy night could've been betterVinnieDined on 7/26/2014While the food was as advertised, the service was not what I would expect. Either understaffed or too many patrons seated at same time. I'll go again to see if that was a fluke or part of the "charm".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michael the matre'd was terrific.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014It's our favorite place for a special dinner. The food and wine never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Minestrone-YUMMY!!!Renoeats1Dined on 7/14/2014Nicely decorated, comfortable atmosphere, food was very good. Our waiter spoke so softly that I had to ask my hubby to repeat everything he said. My ears aren't that great but I asked him to speak a bit louder but to no result. I've had better waiters at some of the other restaurants in the hotel. The minestrone was to die for wish I had gotten 2 cups. The clams were delicious , veal meatballs were awesome! We will return but hopefully have a different waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Strada DeliversTABBYDined on 7/12/2014We had a wonderful dinner at La Strada. The halibut was outstanding. Reasonable prices and great service. I recommend.Special Features:
- Our FavoriteluvitalianDined on 7/5/2014We have been going to La Strada for years and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Always a "go-to" placeRenoGastroManDined on 7/1/2014Ivano has this place fine tuned and the food/service is some of the best Italian in Reno! And Michael is always the best host....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner2DinersDined on 7/1/2014If you enjoy true Italian food, this is your spot in Reno. Excellent food, great service, lovely ambience. This is our fourth visit and it never disappoints,Special Features:
- Outstanding Restaurant!Dg7568Dined on 6/14/2014This restaurant was absolutely wonderful! From the service, atmosphere and food! My husband and I will be definitely coming back!Special Features:
- The following 292 reviews are from the La Strada - Eldorado Hotel Casino reviews archive.
- BarbfromVernonHillsVIPDined on 5/18/2014We always go here when we are in Reno--love the Mushroom Ravioli.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian restaurantPeterVIPDined on 5/17/2014I stayed in Reno area quite often and I walked by this restaurant many times but never had a chance to try this until recently. Once you walked inside the restaurant, it looked just like an old family restaurant in Italy. Very nice and classy decoration. I really like the 'surprise' tasty menu since the waiter wouldn't tell us what we will have. We loved everything we ordered so far ( appetizer, pasta, entree and dessert ). Can't say any negative about this place and we went back a second time in just one week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but.......HowieHDined on 5/10/2014Lastrada food was quite tasty. We had the cold antipasto nice but small amount. Not really adequate for two. Main course was the beam chop parmagiana, very nice, ample. Wait service was very attentive and friendly but service was far too fast. Main course came out as they were clearing the appetizer. Overall value for $$ was high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place!outoftownersDined on 5/5/2014From the time we got there and greeted by Monica the Hostess, to the outstanding service by Chris our waiter serving us a beautiful, perfectly cooked meal it was a great experience. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in RenoMikeDined on 5/3/2014Great place for Italian food and great wine list. Come hungry and leave full. Home made raviolis are to die for. Book the reservation online and add in the notes if this is a special event and they will come through. It was my wife's birthday and at the end of the meal they all came out with a slice of cake candle on top and all waiters sang HB day. Nice!!Special Features:
- 25 Years & still our favoriteDisappointedDined on 5/2/2014After 25 years of patronizing this establishment, what can one say. It was TERRIFIC the first meal we consumed and 25 years later and countless meals -- La Strada continues to be Number 1!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.