La Strada - Eldorado Hotel Casino
345 N. Virginia St
Reno, CA 89501Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Strada - Eldorado Hotel Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eldoradoreno.com/reno-restaurants/la-strada/
- Phone: (800) 879-8879
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Troy Cannan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: La Strada has 3 private dining options.
2 of the private rooms feel as if you are dining in a private Italian home. One seats 20 guests and the other, 14. The "Wine Cellar" can accommodate up to 26 guests. Its brick walls hung with woven tapestries remind you of old Italy. Along with everyday reservations we are also available to take your large parties,so celebrate your special occasions and holiday parties here with us! Special banquet menus are available and individualized menus can be arranged for your own unique dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Vertucci 7757865700
- Entertainment: Visit the Eldorado Hotel Casino, where award winning entertainment & nightlife options are available around every corner! Stop by The Brew Brothers, our in-house microbrewery for tasty food, live music and fun! Our Broadway style showroom is consistently voted the "Best Venue" in Northern Nevada, featuring hits like "Grease”, popular cirque-style shows and more. Enjoy fresh, award winning drinks at Roxy's Bar & Lounge, Cin-Cin & Bar Centro. Don't forget to check out the hottest nightspot, BuBinga Lounge, where DJs spin the latest hits. Exclusive Party Planning Services are available for all venues.
A word from La Strada - Eldorado Hotel Casino
Named one of the top 10 Italian restaurants in the nation, La Strada offers authentic northern Italian cuisine prepared by chefs from Milan, Italy. Try pastas made fresh daily in the Eldorado pasta shop, meat, seafood entrees and more.Continued
La Strada has won the Wine Spectator "Award of Excellence" for six years. Experience the taste and romance of Italy at the Eldorado's signature restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
La Strada - Eldorado Hotel Casino - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
La Strada - Eldorado Hotel Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (54)special occasion (53)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (35)good for groups (23)hot spot (8)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014I visited the restaurant with a group of 10 people, and we had excellent service. I had a reservation and we were seated as soon as we arrived at our reservation time. All of the staff was great and they made our dining experience enjoyable. The food was excellent and everyone in the group was able to get something that they wanted. I would definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most consistant...eztopleaseDined on 11/10/2014La Strada is the most consistently enjoyable casino restaurant in Reno. My wife and I save it for special occasions for just the two of us. All Eldorado dining places are exceptional, we just like La Strada best. Chris, our waiter, perfect service. We always look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfecto!GeekyGalDined on 10/24/2014We took our neighbors there for the first time and they really enjoyed it. We had the homemade pasta my friend and I had fettuccine Alfredo which was delicious and my husband had the homemade meat ravioli and he loved it our waiter Matt was excellent. All in all we had a great time and I would recommend Lastrada to others we been there many times and I've always had a good mealSpecial Features:
- Lives up to its reputation.SwedeDined on 10/18/2014This is the place if you enjoy truly fine dining. It's all about Chef Ivano. You see, feel and taste his influence everywhere. The finest quality ingredients, individually prepared. Attentive, professional service without ever a hint of being rushed. The best Italian menu. To sum it up, La Strada rivals the very best you'll find in San Francisco's North Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant but don't eat late!LoveKahanaDined on 10/17/2014You know...I was really looking forward to this place after reading reviews, and while the food was good, it was not spectacular. In all fairness, we did not dine until 9pm....one hour before closing, which surprised me as this was Friday night inside a 24 hour Casino! We were sat next to a large foundation block, which was probably a good thing as the we were very close to the kitchen, and the NOISE was just awful as they were trying to clean up for the evening. Cling clang went the pans, and dishes..shouts from the inside (dishwashing) to the outside kitchen. Maybe it would be best to sit your guests toward the back of the house once it hits 9pm....just a thought....I'm usually gracious in my reviews, but honestly, we wouldn't return.Special Features:
- CocktailCocktailDined on 10/14/2014The chef's surprise meal for $40 per person was a complete disaster. I highly recommend you skip this dish. The two other guests with me said there food was slightly above average. The wine was the best part of the evening.
- gamarooOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014had the mushroom ravioli it is there famous dish, DELISHIOSA the pasta was thin like eating little clouds with a nice amount of filling, and the sauce must be sopped up with the bread. went for the early bird dinner 6 ravioli and ceaser salad so full couldn't have desert. will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Osso BuccoDeeFoodieVIPDined on 10/12/2014We always enjoy dining here and our favorite dish is the Osso Bucco. Pleasant atmosphere and perfect place to relax after the Italian Festival.
- Great spotluvinlifeDined on 10/10/2014I had been to this restaurant years ago when I was a child. I remembered that the food was very good, so this last Friday I told my boyfriend he would probably really enjoy it as well. They did not dissapoint! The food, atmosphere and service was great! It doesn't appear that they make their own fresh pasta, but the flavors are still out of this World! The only negative I would have is that neither one of us were crazy about the court jester looking singer that goes through the room. His singing skills leave much to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary33loveDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I celebrated our 33rd year anniversary here. It was romantic, good food and wine with awesome service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steet Vibrations 2014LuckydoggDined on 9/26/2014We were pleasantly surprised at the friendly staff here, and with reservation we were able to be seated in less than minute, the Manager comped us a drink and we choose to sit in the bar. The Food was great and service was better. I would encourage anyone that is visiting Reno to try this wonderful Italian Restaurant.Special Features:
- BADLANDSDined on 9/26/2014Mike was funny and great in all very nice. A TOUCH ON THE PRICEEE SIDESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014It was my sister's bday and her first time in a Casino. After reading reviews I decided to try La Strada and we were not disappointing. Most of us ordered the chef's tasting menu. The 4 courses were all delicious and although they were not full size plates, you are more than satisfied by dessert time. The service was top notch as well, which only enhanced the dining experience. Over all I give the restaurant 5 stars for the over all experience and accommodation of special requests. We will definitely stop by the next time we are in town.Special Features:
- Absolute Gem of a Restaurantmac10Dined on 9/19/2014If you're ever in Reno, you have to make reservations here. It's the absolute best restaurant in the city! Great wine list, and the cooks prepare each item on the menu to perfection. Plus, the service is extraordinary. I love going to a restaurant where every staff person, from the front to the wait staff are happy, genuine, and treat you like Belle in the Enchanted Castle Be Our Guest segment. In summary, an all around fabulous dining experience.Special Features:
- absolute perfectionciaochowDined on 9/16/2014We don't travel to Reno on days that La Strada is closed. Probably don't need to say more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ValuesuchanDined on 9/13/2014La Strada offers good food at reasonable prices in plush surroundings. Good wine, lots of bread, not a huge menu, but varied. The piped music (Sinatra) was a little loud and the waiter a little overbearing, but overall, a good dinner.Special Features:
- Great ServiceCheerstoyouDined on 9/8/2014My husband and I celebrated our Anniversary at La Strada. The restaurant was highly recommended. Our Server Tony was outstanding, what a lovely young man. He was the highlight of our evening. La Strada at some point was a highly rated Northern Italian eatery, we expected great things. My husband had the Chicken Parmesan and I ordered Chicken Marsala, both were ok, nothing special. Thankfully the prices were quite reasonable so we didn't feel that disappointed. It's a nice dinner out, just not the level we were expecting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvitalianluvitalianDined on 9/6/2014We eat at La Strada every time we are in the area. We have never had a bad meal. Their food is fabulous and there service is outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuakerdadDined on 9/6/2014We sat across from the kitchen, It was too loud. The food was good. We enjoyed the Chef's special sampler plate. It was quite yummy.Special Features:
- Date night yes Family night Nobfr4570Dined on 9/2/2014We took are young children to dinner here not knowing it was such a nice restaurant, that i would say is better for a couple or an adult group. We were first sat among many couples and small groups in a quiet corner. After being in the car for two hours and seeing the faces of some of the other guest we asked to be moved just in case the kids acted up. They moved to an area next to the kitchen so in was a little loud. The lamb was some of the best i have had. The waiter we had was very good especially to are children. The biggest problem was sometimes being forgot about while they attended to a dinner party in a private room. I would definitely go again just with the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY GOODDHMSHOPDined on 9/1/2014This is a amazing restaurant is you don't go during the high season times when they are really busy. I have been going to La Strada for many years and almost all of the time the service is excellent, the restaurant is quiet, Frank Sinatra is playing in the background, the full bar and wine list accommodates everyone's tastes, and their food is wonderful. I could dine on their bread basket alone. If I was given my choice of a last meal on this earth, for sure it would be their wild mushroom ravioli!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceJiminrenoDined on 8/30/2014We went to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Our waiter, Josh, greeted us with a special anniversary greeting. He was friendly, helpful but not too casual. Everything we had was beautiful to look at and tasted even better. My wife had veal as it is her favorite and it is hard to get in Reno. It did not disappoint. After dinner they brought us a dessert and sang an anniversary song in Italian. They feature Ferrari Carano wines at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- DevineBethVIPDined on 8/25/2014We were in Reno for a little getaway and decided to try something different. We were so happy with this restaurant. Both my husband and I had the early bird specials which included their mushroom ravioli's and the steak. Everything was delicious including their bread basket. Loved their garlic bread! For dessert we shared the tiramusu. The whole meal was heavenly. We will be back! The service was exceptional and we were served so quickly!Special Features:
- Wonderful experience.krmackDined on 8/23/2014On my budget, this is a special occasion destination, but it was worth every penny. The fodd was incredible, the service was very professional. This a first class restaurant all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The food was amazing and our waiter was great! It was my daughter's 11th birthday and he made her feel very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite in RenoRomadinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014We eat here at least once every time we come to Reno. Great atmosphere and food. I highly recommend it. Do try the Mushroom Ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food as Usual, Service no soRMBPHDVIPDined on 8/16/2014While this great old Reno Restaurant still has great food, the services was not up to par at our recent visit. We had let the hostess know that this was a birthday dinner, but did not receive the usual treatment for that. Our waiter was slow and inattentive throughout the ordering, serving and bill with noticeably long periods between visits to the table. The signature mushroom ravioli were perfect as usual and Caprise salad (our personal measure of any Italian restaurant) memorable. Our guests for the evening, though long time Reno residents, had never been to La Strada before and enjoyed the food very much. Scallops with risotto, Grilled Salmon and Veal were all commented on.
- Another great meal at La Strada5x10Dined on 8/15/2014We booked a reservation on Open Table at our favorite Italian restaurant in the El Dorado Casino. Service was excellent, food was outstanding as usual. We ordered their signature mushroom ravioli as an appetizer, arugula salad, veal marsala and the affogato for desert. Everything was outstanding. We plan on visiting Reno next month and booked another reservation to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- Delicious Italian; moderate pricekamoiVIPDined on 8/12/2014Our party of 4 thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. The pasta and seafood dishes we highly recommend - in particular, the seafood linguini; gnocchi and carbonara. The latter dish was wetter than you would experience in Italy, but delicious nevertheless. And the gnocchi was light as pillows. Several tables were celebrating birthdays that night and the waiters came out to sing happy birthday in Italian.Special Features:
- ComfortablePleasantDined on 8/12/2014It was plesantsant. A little slow on delivering the food, and they were missing items offered on the dish, ie they were out of oysters for the seafood linguini, and subbed clams, the squid was rubbery and the broth was very watery. So the fish juice was being splatter over our clothing. The meal was not worth the money. But it was quiet. I would not rate the restaurant 4 stars
- HARPODined on 8/10/2014Outstanding food! Outstanding Waiter! Outstanding service! Great atmosphere! Very relaxing! If they had 10 stars instead of 5 we would give them #10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedcherylDined on 8/9/2014Not as good as in the past. The food was not seasoned appropriately. Really disappointed.Special Features:
- Great restaurantGranVikDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten here several times. Always outstanding. Great food, great service and pleasant setting. We will be back.Special Features:
- WOW!shurtubiseDined on 8/4/2014Wow! What an amazing restaurant! Our waiter (Tony) was so attentive and super nice. Very professional but didn't make us feel uncomfortable as a younger couple in a formal dining restaurant. The food was delicious. We had linguini and mussels and fettuccine Alfredo. The half order was plenty as their portions are large. Their wine list was very large. I had a glass of Chardonnay (Russian River something or other) which was recommended by our waiter and it paired perfectly with the fettuccine Alfredo. Overall I would recommend La Strada to everyone. Such a great find and a memorable experience for our first time to Reno!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bellissimo!!FiorepianoDined on 8/2/2014Whenever in Reno....a must!! Best Italian food other than being in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great resterauntvernapDined on 8/2/2014Always love going to La Strada, food is always excellent. Great service. Mushroom raviolis to die forSpecial Features:
- DinnerJimSDined on 8/2/2014Outstanding food and service. Highly recommend as food is the best in the area.Special Features:
- Only one word neededCutterDined on 8/1/2014AWESOME !! Truly a gem that few know of - anyone that I have told about LaStrada has been blown away ! We live in the Bay Area and make the 3 1/2 hour drive regularly for THIS place- WOW -thank U ! Got to stop writin now - have visions of mushroom tabs MmmmmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe this is a top ten.GerryDined on 8/1/2014We have lived in Reno for 12 years and had eaten in a number of the El Dorado's restaurants but never La Strada. We were very pleased with the menu and our service. My wife had the arugula salad and I the Caesar. Both were excellent. My wife had the spaghetti carbonara which she said was possibly the best she has ever had. My seafood fettuccine was chock full of clams, muscles, shrimp and calamari. It too was very good. Wine list was good and we had a very good Pinot Grigio. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJBCRDined on 7/27/2014While we were treated to the wonderful food the chef Ivano took time to meet us, he is by far one of the best chefs anywhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 301 reviews are from the La Strada - Eldorado Hotel Casino reviews archive.