2001 W Oregon Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lastanzapa.com/
- Phone: 2152710801
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering can be designed upon request.
- Private Party Facilities: Private accomodations are available for large groups in a newly renovated space.
- Private Party Contact: Lucia or Donnamarie 2152710801
- Entertainment: The Loft Nightclub located upstairs, with dancing and special guest DJ's and a variety of different entertainment groups.
A word from La Stanza
Classic Italian cuisine with a passionate style. Welcoming atmosphere, family oriented staff, and casual elegant dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Stanza reviews from OpenTable diners
- YuckItalianfoodloverDined on 4/20/2014Service was awful..didn't find out until we arrived it was a limited menu. Apparently there was a seperate app menu, that we never received. Food was way too salty and three identical dishes ordered were all different! One was a watered down version! Heard rumors this place is closing for good on Monday. If so, it really showed. Very sad to see what was a great place slide so far downhill.
- Great FoodHawwisonVIPDined on 4/19/2014A very nice staff as well as fabulous food at this nice little spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The specials were excellentProbowleryVIPDined on 3/13/2014The specials were excellent both the salads and entrees!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality decliningtombVIPDined on 2/15/2014We were disappointed with our dinners. The appetizers and salads were very good but the entrees were not.
- Honest opinionLatinLoverDined on 2/14/2014Hostess was like 5 years old playing games on the computer as soon as you walk in. Thought that was a little weird and unprofessional, espically because this place wants to be a romantic nice restaurant. Tables were set up nice but it felt like somebody was trying to decorate there basement into a lavish place. Our waitress was nice and friendly! This was my first time going here. At first I wanted to get out of there and find somewhere else to eat because the place was the complete opposite than what was advertised. Food was amazing and perfect and so delicious!! Best chicken parm I've ever seen or had!!! My GF had spinach ravioli and looked and tasted womderful!! Food was GREAT. If not for the amazing food the night would have been ruinedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly DisappointedAngelaDined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend and I chose La Stanza for our Valentine's Day dinner. When we showed up at the restaurant, we realized that they had a set menu for Valentine's Day (no indication on the website or when making the reservation of a set menu). This was disappointing as we missed out on many selections from their online menu. The menu included a soup, an appetizer, and an entree for each person and it was $75 per couple. Originally, it said that it was a 4 course meal, but the 4 was crossed out and a 3 was handwritten in its place. Also, I was surprised that dessert was not included in a set Valentine's Day dinner menu. The food quality was subpar, especially for such a cost, only a set menu of items, and no dessert, coffee, tea included.
- Nice Italian eaterysjmikeDined on 12/28/2013Great staff, friendly local ambience and fine, zesty food made our trip to LaStanza's worthwhile. Fresh, hot bread, grated cheese and olive oil were a nice opener. Make sure to try the bruschetta. The resotto was very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/7/2013The food was excellent but a huge party was taking place in the back of the restaurant which is not cordoned off and it was very noisy. Place has a bar, and also a night club on second floor (did not attend club).Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/3/2013Food and service were good but the decor and the appearance left a lot to be desired. It was dull and drab. Would probably go again if in the area but would not make a special trip. I ordered the veal La Stanza which was very good but the breading fell off and it was served on a bread plate. The plate was small and I had a hard time cutting it up to eat.
- I know this restaurant gotJax99Dined on 9/24/2013I know this restaurant got a lot of press for being on restaurant impossible, but it seems to me that they have really turned things around. The service was great and the food was delicious. Absolutely no complaints. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed review on foodcici1956Dined on 9/21/2013Appetizers of soup and a salad were very good and portions were large. Able to share the salad. My husband had a filet mignon and loved his meal. I ordered veal with crab and asparagus and was a little disappointed. Was not quite as tender as I would have liked and was too salty for me. Side dishes were very good. Dessert was excellent! Atmosphere is nothing special but adequate for a neighborhood restaurant. Service was very attentive. Would go back and try something else on the menu.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2013The online Zagat's gave this restaurant food a rating of 26. In reality, it was far, far from that level and the condition of the dining room is in disrepair and depressing. If La Stanza had a Restaurant Impossible make-over just two years ago, it has sadly and quickly slipped back to its former condition. Although we went on a Saturday evening at 7:30, the large room had only three tables occupied with a fourth joining us at about 8:00 -- usually prime dinner hours in Philly. The food was only so-so.
- Good food, no atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2013It may have been because it was a Friday night in the summer, but the place was dead! We were the only people that came in for dinner that night. The bartender and one other staff memeber were in the bar area watching TV while we ate. The food was very good, so that saved the evening. Parking is also easy since there is a lot behind/next to the restaurant.
- Good food no ambiancemaryVIPDined on 6/1/2013Very strange restaurant experience. We were one of two occupied tables and service was friendly but slow given the few number of patrons. Restaurant has a bar but no wine list and no wines other than house wines. The building is in need of repair and decor is minimal. The menu was typical of a south philly italian restaurant, food was good and flavorful just not particularly creative. Definitely not a place for foodies.
- Good Food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2013The restaurant was not crowded on Sat. 4/27 at 6PM so I can understand why the wait staff approached us frequently, but the waiter was a little too quick in removing our food plates and especially my wife's drink before she had a chance to finish. The food was very good and tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013The restaurant was pretty empty but the food was very good, great Caesar salad, huge portions. The service was quirky but very attentive, prices were reasonable for the portion size.Special Features:
- The food was good but i thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013The food was good but i thought extremely over priced..I went out to eat with 3 other people and we all paid about $50 a piece...I ordered the Veal Daniella and paid nearly $30 for 1 single piece of pounded out Veal...it was good but not for the price...I found myself in 3 hours at home heating up last nights pork loin and rice :( there's a Checker's across the street and next time i'm int he area, I will be going there instead.
- I was recently at La StanzaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013I was recently at La Stanza for dinner with some friends. The waitress was great, very attentive, quick and comfortable to talk to. Food was great I had Linquini with shrimp, scallop and crabmeat. My friends had the pork special, unfortunately while the said the taste of the inside filling was good as well as the sauce the meat was very dry and overdone. other then that I will be there again I am sure. Justine BengerminoSpecial Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2013The food was very good. The chicken escarole soup reminded me of my Grandmothers. The portions were large enough that we brought some home to enjoy. My wife loved the eggplant lasagna and my pescatore was excellent. The calamari was as tender as can be. Great find.Special Features:
- Went here because it was refurbisheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Went here because it was refurbished by "Restaurant Impossible" Robert Irvine. I was the least bit impressed. We were there on a Saturday night and for having so many tables and a bar only 3 tables were full. That should have told us something but I always give the benefit of the doubt. Considering they are al a carte I wouls have expected more from the staff. Very unprofessional and krass. The owner did come around and ask us how everything was and we asked for our water to be filled and she never came back. She was sitting at the bar with the wait staff looking at stuff on her laptop computer. Considering we are paying your bills, the wiat staff and owner should be a little more aggressive in helping the patrons.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013This was my first exprience here and my husband and I plan to go again. The service was great and the servers were very attentive. The food was excellent and we had the calamari which was the best we ever had. We went for a romantic diner without the kids and the live singer was perfect. I was very pleased with this experience.Special Features:
- VERY DISAPPOINTED (esp. afterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013VERY DISAPPOINTED (esp. after reading good reviews)Went on Valentines Day when they had the fixed menu.Shrimp Bisque - smallest shrimp I have ever seen & not all the way cooked.Salad - seemed like it was out of a bag. not very fresh."Filet" stuffed with crab meat - definitely NOT a filet. tasted more like ground beef stuffed with canned crab.Cheesecake desert - store bought. Dairy Queen quality.
- The food was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013The food was good and the service was fine, but things could be better overall with the experience. The menu did not include two items listed online, and two members of our party commented on that, why list the wrong menu online? The meals did not all hit the table at the same time and that is something I never understand. In fairness they comped desert due to the slow kitchen. We would eat here again if we are in that part of town but I don't think I would drive out of my way to go there again.Special Features:
- Ambiance was off, only becausememeDined on 1/5/2013Ambiance was off, only because they are renovating. Food was very good, server was ok, he was a little busy,he seemed to be the only server on the floor. There was probably about 6 tables he was working on. He didn't ask if we wanted an appetizers nor did he ask if we wanted dessert. I will give him the benefit of the doubt, it was because he was busy. I would return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Overpriced Average FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2012Service was poor and food looked any corner pizza and steak shop decorated on a plate. Robert Irvine would scream upon his return. Very disappointing
- Momma always said if you gotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/14/2012Momma always said if you got nothing good to say, say nothing at all!
- The waiter was pleasant andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2012The waiter was pleasant and accomodating. We were there Thanksgiving and the turkey platter was much too expensive for turkey that was not roasted at the restaurant and was full of chemicals and not a turkey texture and appeared to have been bought by the restaurant pre-sliced. The stuffing was dry and tasteless. The salad was small and mediocre and the apple and pumpkin pies also dull. Best thing on the menu was the string beans and the sweet potatoes were satisfactory.
- We started with the Rice BalltombVIPDined on 10/26/2012We started with the Rice Ball appetizer that was terrific. The house salad was simple and delicious. Our dinners (Filet mignon and stuffed veal chop) were outstanding. We did not have room left to try dessert.Special Features:
- Food was excellent & plentiful.memeDined on 10/23/2012Food was excellent & plentiful. Mussels and Spagettir (which happened to be a special that night, all you can eat) one order was more than enough! Spagetti Putnanesa with shrimp, was very good and more than enough ( had to take it home, too much). Staff was very friendly and courteous. Would definitley recommmend and go back.Special Features:
- I enjoy the food everytimeSilpugsDined on 10/21/2012I enjoy the food everytime I go to this restaurant. THe servers is so wonderful and Lucia the owner always comes to welcome you to the restauant. The restaurant is redone and looks really awesome. So much selections on the menu. My favorite is the penne vodka with chicken. Can get pricy if you drink alot, but the drinks are good too.Special Features:
- Very attentive staff. OlderOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2012Very attentive staff. Older crowd. Live music. Seems to be a neighborhood restaurant with regulars. A nice low key experience.
- The Mussels were very good,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2012The Mussels were very good, as was the Veal La Stanza. The Singer, Carl was tremendous.
- I can not think of enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2012I can not think of enough wonderful adjectives to describe our dining at LaStanza. The food, entertainment and service were beyond our expectations. The personnel cater to your every wish, the food is tastefully delicious and the entertainment, Carl, is amazing providing an evening out to be beyond your wildest imagination. Cannot wait to enjoy another experience at LaStanza.Special Features:
- Love it here, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2012Love it here, great food, great atmosphere, reasonable pricing!!Special Features:
- Always great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/8/2012La Stanza never disappoints! Great food and service!Special Features:
- My friends and I were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2012My friends and I were very impressed with LaStanza. Our server and the ambience was delightful. The food was delicious and perhaps one of the best dinners we have had in a very long time. The preparation was impressive, the sauces were not overdone and the amount of food was perfect. We will make this a favorite spot!Special Features:
- Food was very good. ServiceROCKVIPDined on 7/24/2012Food was very good. Service was so-so but can't blame the server, who tried to make things go smoothly, because she was the only server to wait on about 12 tables. They ran a special of all you can eat mussels but only one server. The singer was an extra good touch to the meal.
- Excellent appetizers - hadtombVIPDined on 7/13/2012Excellent appetizers - had scallops over spinach gnocchi to start. All four meals were terrific. We are planning our next visit already.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2012I had dinner here on Thursday evening we 1of 2. Parties a tSble of 3 men in work clothes the server and bartender/ hostess we both very nice I think place as seen better days . Very weird in a large restaurant with no one there it was just strange .they ran out of the vodka we were drinking I ordered a pork chop which the server replied "we will have them tomorrow" I think that tells it all
- SERVICE WAS SLOW DUE TO ONLYOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012SERVICE WAS SLOW DUE TO ONLY ONE WAITER WORKING BUT HE DID TRY HIS BEST. COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT THERE WAS NO CHIANTI OR SAUVIGNON BLANC, AT LEAST BY THE GLASS, PLUS WE WERE NEVER GIVEN A WINE LIST AND THERE WERE NO CANNOLIS. APPETIZERS OVER PRICED.