La Sosta Enoteca
2700 Manhattan Ave
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254-2463Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
La Sosta Enoteca
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lasostaenoteca.com/la-sosta#!__la-sosta
- Phone: (310) 318-1556
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Wednesday, Sunday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Luca Manderino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Menu and wine options vary.
A word from La Sosta Enoteca
La Sosta means the resting place. Located at “the five points” in Hermosa Beach California, we offer our guests exactly that- a place to experience fine Italian food in a familiar way while indulging in the pleasures of authentic tastes and welcoming atmosphere. We cook from our memories and from our hearts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
La Sosta Enoteca - Best Restaurants in Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach ›
La Sosta Enoteca reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (31)neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (24)notable wine list (23)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- AmericoDined on 11/21/2014Tremendous wine list, very carefully selected. The menu is excellent, in particular the cutting board as a starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2014The food and the wine are as good as it gets. I dined here soon after returning from Italy and I found the quality, freshness and flavors were as good and sometimes better than I had experienced in Italy. I just wish the cost of a dinner was not so pricy. You could dine a week in Italy for the cost of one dinner here.Special Features:
- Fantastic! Always a pleasure dine at La costa!HermosaNeighborDined on 11/21/2014Great wine list, great staff ready to help, excellent menu, which is a good subject to start chatting with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm still thinking about it!!!xnflchickDined on 11/14/2014Loved this place! I received a great recommendation from a friend for a three party birthday dinner. I was not disappointed. It got off to a rough start because we were seated right away for our reservation, but then had to wait 45 minutes to get anything but water. (In their defense, we were late for our reservation and it appeared that many people walked in at the same time.) The waitress was so wonderfully charming and she recommended a great bottle of wine so we decided to let the initially slow start slide and enjoy our company. After that was heaven. Delicious charcuterie with yummy cheeses, mushroom and cheese appetizer that was to die for, gorgonzola gnocchi, mmmmmm....., and langostinos. I would give 5 stars across the board except for the slow start. Regardless, we left very satisfied and happy and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValueGrazieDined on 10/25/2014The food tasted great but way overpriced. Our waiter, Colombian fellow, was gracious and very knowledgeable about our food selection. The water boy, however, was rude. Instead of graciously excusing himself to walk through the narrow space in the dining area, he abruptly interrupted my party that we needed to move out of his way, "Can you move over. I need the space to work." That almost made us leave the restaurant if we weren't entertaining guests.Special Features:
- Very good service and foodhappy2eathereDined on 10/24/2014We had excellent service and food during our recent visit. Definitely recommend. Noise level got a bit high, though.Special Features:
- #1 italian restaurant in south bayMagiaDined on 10/12/2014Clamorous curring board with italian prosiutto and cheese. You cannot miss "Gnocchi with lobster sauce" !!Special Features:
- Spur of the moment dinnerDanODined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed a great dinner and ambiance with my wife at the spur of a moment at this fantastic neighborhood gem. The food and service were fantastic. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodBeverlyVIPDined on 10/10/2014The restaurant serves great Italian food. The flavors are delectable. We were prepared for the pricey menu. The waiter and his assistant servers were very helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- Great date nighthermosalocalDined on 10/5/2014I went with my wife to celebrate our anniversary and I could not be happier we went to La Sosta. The prior year we were in Europe for our anniversary and we got a similar feel and vibe at La Sosta, which was really fun. The service was top notch. The food was excellent. The cheese board they told us was a 'favorite' and we loved it! filet mignon and a pasta also great. With La Sosta, you hear about the prices but you get a much longer 'european' type experience and meal with great food and service. It is a great spot for a special occasion or a romantic date night. Thank you La Sosta!Special Features:
- Great placeHappytogetherDined on 10/4/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. The atmosphere was perfect for a quiet birthday celebration. The waiters were a little hard to understand but we understood enough to have a spectacular meal. The meat and cheese board is a must. I had the New York steak and it was cooked to perfection. My husband had the lamb and it was done exactly the way he likes it. The desserts were devine. The tart was especially amazing.Special Features:
- Usually Much BetterNicknameVIPDined on 9/28/2014This restaurant is usually one of the best around. On this particular night, the staff seemed overwhelmed. The food and the check took a very long time to arrive. Service was very much below par for this restaurant. Some of the food was amazing, but the pork chop was overcooked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014My name is Jim Mellon. I made a reservation on September 24th. Steve and your staff went completely out of their way to Make me feel important, the service was attentive and professional. My date was rude to the staff, and they handled it with grace and class. I would recommend this restaurant wholeheartedly. Tell Steve, Thank you.Special Features:
- 25th Anniversary DinnerFournwiDined on 9/12/2014We went to Italy this summer with our family and could not have picked a better place for our 25th. Still the best in the South Bay in my opinion. Great service, never rushing you for a nice dinner the way it should be savored. Never been disappointed with a dish here and this night was no different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteManhattanbeachgirlVIPDined on 9/6/2014I live in Manhattan Beach and this is one of our favorite local places. It leans toward Northern Italian and everything I have ever tried is really amazing. It's a little pricey but very high quality. I love the Mushrooms with Fettuchini, lamb chops and Branzino .Special Features:
- Overpriced priced Rip offOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2014Very good food, but... $26 for a couple of slices of prosciutto and some chunks of melon. And that was the least expensive dish we had
- DisappointedGritsDined on 8/28/2014Overpriced, make your own filet at home it will be much better and 5x cheaper! 7p reservations, didn't receive main course until 9:30p. Pushed to get the check to get out of there and still didn't leave until after 9:30p. Disappointing because of the price you will pay while not receiving the service and quality of food. The filet wasn't seared properly, it was over cooked, and the quality of beef was not worth a $50+ plate... We did not JIP our waiter as many might, he got the main course wrong and admitted it was his fault and helped out on the meal cost.
- OverpricedxyzzVIPDined on 8/24/2014Prices are too high, more than the St. Regis in Princeville, Hawaii. This place is a few blocks from our house, but we won't go back because we simply will not pay $25 for a plate of prosciutto and melon. No wines by the glass, at least none listed. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- AmericoDined on 8/15/2014Simply the best restaurant in the South Bay. The wine list is all Italina and specially selected - a true gem.Special Features:
- overratedCandice250Dined on 8/9/2014Too dark, too noisy, too slow and too expensive. It's very nice when we first walked in the restaurant at 6:40, quiet and romantic, feel like in movie scene of Casablanca. After more people came in and getting dark at night, we could not see the food and surrounding any more. We just wanted to leave as soon as possible. It is a torture for us.
- Enjoyable, but overpricedsheplerwillDined on 8/6/2014The food is good, but not great. If I'm going to pay 35 for a small bowl of gnocchi, it had better change my life. It did not. The wine list organization is annoyingly confused. The wait staff was very nice and attentive. The specials list was almost longer than the menu and all sounded good. Ambiance was pleasant. I recommend you give this place a try but be prepared to pay about $100-150 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely LOUD!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Unfortunately for the food the atmosphere killed the night. I dined with my wife and three adult daughters. Thought we would have a nice evening in a casual, local atmosphere. Restaurant was highly recommended by a friend. The food was very good and the wine list extensive, although you must have knowledge of Italian wine because the staff does not. Our server was Italian and very attentive but because the place was so loud I found her very difficult to understand. They may have a few small outdoor tables and I would highly recommend sitting outside if possible. The food is definitely worth it. Without the noise.
- A Gourmand's Joy Ride!MN16Dined on 7/29/2014Excellent service, food, and ambiance (the refreshing breeze wafting through the open windows, in particular!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 104 reviews are from the La Sosta Enoteca reviews archive.
- overpriced. not worth it.HBlocalVIPDined on 7/18/2014I am not going to be surprised to see "For Lease" sign on this place after the tourist season is over. For the locals the place is overpriced and not a kid friendly.
- Great Romantic SpotLovebirdsDined on 7/12/2014The atmosphere and service was amazing. I was so impressed with the knowledge of the wait staff. The portions are on the small side, though, and pricey. I got the "rack of lamb," and it was phenomenal, but it was 3 ribs for $55! Don't come starving. Also the meat/cheese tray was one of the best I have ever seen. The whole experience was great.Special Features:
- First time back...Food4MBDined on 7/12/2014had not been to La Sosta in a long time. That said the experience was not as memorable as previous dinners had been. I felt the entrees were way overpriced. My pasta was OK as well as the salads. Our server was patient and lovely. The street noise was slightly overbearing. Overall I think there are much better restaurants in the area with better ambiance.
- Romantic and delicious!Pcgrieco13Dined on 7/11/2014Incredible!! Simply put. This place is quaint, romantic, intimate and delicious! Definitely a strong date night spot. We started with the cutting board which has flavorful meats and cheeses to compliment wine. We added the mushrooms which was a perfect add on. Delish! The gnocchi with arugula is unreal. Hand and home made. Unreal flavors. So delicious. I just wish the portion was double the size. Pretty small. My fiancée had the tagliatelle which was great too! The wine list is awesome. For dessert, we had these puff pastries which finished off our evening well. Service was great, ambiance was nice, we will definitely be going back again and again. Yum!! A bit pricey but worth it. Check it out. You'll enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday surpriseSandyPDined on 6/27/2014Delightful authentic meal, excellent service, Italian speaking. Nestled nicely in Hermosa/Manhattan, but Traffic noise is an issue, but other than that, I highly recommend. Perhaps not at rush hour. Valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014I live in New Orleans, where great food is on every corner, but La Sosta is one of my favorite restaurants!! From the moment you walk in the door, it feels like you're in a little cafe in Italy! A totally beautiful dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Birthday DinnerKBF624VIPDined on 6/24/2014I recently celebrated my birthday at La Sosta with my husband. It was the perfect, romantic place with amazing food and excellent service. We had a wonderful experience and even felt like we were in Italy. Our server was lovely and very knowledgeable. She was also very attentive. We received complimentary champagne and dessert which was very generous and made the night special. Each dish was beautiful and so authentic. I am still dreaming of the lobster gnocchi and squid ink pasta. So yummy! I cannot wait to go back and have another truly exceptional experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best as usualMarcoDined on 6/20/2014Great spaghetti alla bottarga, home made tagliatelle alla bolognese, beef carpaccio and profiteroles. What can I say? Just try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very overpricedFoodloverVIPDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I eat out a lot and at expensive places. This place has very good food some dishes better than others, but it is very overpriced, especially if you consider the portion size. We did not care for the pasta Ragu (no sauce and small serving) and the profiteroles tasted like the ones you buy at Trader Joe's. It will be a while before we go back simply because it is overpriced. We don't ever complain about price, but this was too much for the location and quality.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time aroundluv2dineDined on 6/20/2014This was my second visit to La Sosta. I would love to love it. Great building, nice interior, cute waiters, chic menu. Sadly, for the second time, I don't. Horrendously overpriced considering both creativity and execution. $40 for a cup of langoustine gnocchi that was passable but not stupendous. For $40 I would have expected stupendous. There were five of us and each had good but not spectacular dishes including the meat and cheese appetizer. The one standout was the Caprese salad. The mozzarella was exceptional and it wouldn't have surprised me if it was homemade. Parking is impossible so you are forced to pay the $5.50 valet fee. I pay less in Beverly Hills for valet. Dine early to a voice the noise. Sadly, I won't see you there.Special Features:
- good service, vastly overpricedJonRDined on 6/13/2014Ordered two small plates of pasta and two glasses of white wine. One pasta was undercooked and dry, the other was overcooked. Flavors were good. Bill came to $100 for what were, essentially, portions the size of appetizers. We'd heard good things about this restaurant and were deeply disappointed. Possibly the worst value in the South Bay. Acoustics are bad, so the room is very noisy- a lot of noise from the street, as well. This 'may' be the best Italian restaurant in the South Bay, so it might be best to travel to Santa Monica or West LA for a good Italian meal that is fairly priced.
- An Upscale Overpriced RestaurantrosietDined on 6/10/2014The food quality of the food was mixed, but exceedingly overpriced. Had 4 person appetizer meat and cheese plate that was not that exciting and certainly not worth the $60. Pasta dishes were very good, but disappointed in serving size. Two scallop slivers in a pasta dish costing $30 was ridiculous. Don't get the pre-meal carrot and celery sticks with straight mustard as a dip. Bread was salty. Service was good. No reason to go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014It's our favorite restaurant!!! We love to go and just order the cheese plate, wine and dessert. We're sorry to see it leave Hermosa Beach but we'll definitely travel the extra 10 mins to Manhattan.Special Features:
- Ahhh Venetian cuisineCoolinCaliDined on 6/5/2014Looking for a place that serves heirloom tomatoes and barrata or buffalo motzarella thick noodles and with want Want a restaurant where garlic reigns supreme AND anchovies are in the pasta, then come to this corner gem in Hermosa beach! Wait staff attentive but not cloying! Service efficient and smart Great plus is valet parking, cuz if you know HB , you know the parking situation Tiramisu superb and a comlomentary glass of Proseca Heaven! I wanted to surprise my guest! This was a definite WOW!Special Features:
- Enjoy!sherbear33VIPDined on 5/23/2014I took a friend for his birthday and we enjoyed the restaurant very much. We're both foodies and found the food and service excellent -- except for asking for our check X3 and waiting nearly 20 minutes for it! Nonetheless, it's an intimate setting with fantastic food and overall we enjoyed our evening. Will return.Special Features:
- Excellent!luv2dineDined on 5/21/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. Food, ambiance and service are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJeremyVIPDined on 5/17/2014Authentic and delicious. Pasta followed by langoustines was the perfect combination.Special Features: