La Sosta Enoteca
2700 Manhattan Ave
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254-2463Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
La Sosta Enoteca
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lasostaenoteca.com/la-sosta#!__la-sosta
- Phone: 3103181556
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Wednesday, Sunday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Luca Manderino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Menu and wine options vary.
A word from La Sosta Enoteca
La Sosta means the resting place. Located at “the five points” in Hermosa Beach California, we offer our guests exactly that- a place to experience fine Italian food in a familiar way while indulging in the pleasures of authentic tastes and welcoming atmosphere. We cook from our memories and from our hearts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Sosta Enoteca - Best Restaurants in Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach ›
La Sosta Enoteca reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
romantic (39)neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (28)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (24)late-night find (5)good for groups (5)scenic view (3)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- 25th Anniversary DinnerFournwiDined on 9/12/2014We went to Italy this summer with our family and could not have picked a better place for our 25th. Still the best in the South Bay in my opinion. Great service, never rushing you for a nice dinner the way it should be savored. Never been disappointed with a dish here and this night was no different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteManhattanbeachgirlVIPDined on 9/6/2014I live in Manhattan Beach and this is one of our favorite local places. It leans toward Northern Italian and everything I have ever tried is really amazing. It's a little pricey but very high quality. I love the Mushrooms with Fettuchini, lamb chops and Branzino .Special Features:
- Overpriced priced Rip offOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2014Very good food, but... $26 for a couple of slices of prosciutto and some chunks of melon. And that was the least expensive dish we had
- DisappointedGritsDined on 8/28/2014Overpriced, make your own filet at home it will be much better and 5x cheaper! 7p reservations, didn't receive main course until 9:30p. Pushed to get the check to get out of there and still didn't leave until after 9:30p. Disappointing because of the price you will pay while not receiving the service and quality of food. The filet wasn't seared properly, it was over cooked, and the quality of beef was not worth a $50+ plate... We did not JIP our waiter as many might, he got the main course wrong and admitted it was his fault and helped out on the meal cost.
- OverpricedxyzzVIPDined on 8/24/2014Prices are too high, more than the St. Regis in Princeville, Hawaii. This place is a few blocks from our house, but we won't go back because we simply will not pay $25 for a plate of prosciutto and melon. No wines by the glass, at least none listed. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- AmericoDined on 8/15/2014Simply the best restaurant in the South Bay. The wine list is all Italina and specially selected - a true gem.Special Features:
- overratedCandice250Dined on 8/9/2014Too dark, too noisy, too slow and too expensive. It's very nice when we first walked in the restaurant at 6:40, quiet and romantic, feel like in movie scene of Casablanca. After more people came in and getting dark at night, we could not see the food and surrounding any more. We just wanted to leave as soon as possible. It is a torture for us.
- Enjoyable, but overpricedsheplerwillDined on 8/6/2014The food is good, but not great. If I'm going to pay 35 for a small bowl of gnocchi, it had better change my life. It did not. The wine list organization is annoyingly confused. The wait staff was very nice and attentive. The specials list was almost longer than the menu and all sounded good. Ambiance was pleasant. I recommend you give this place a try but be prepared to pay about $100-150 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely LOUD!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Unfortunately for the food the atmosphere killed the night. I dined with my wife and three adult daughters. Thought we would have a nice evening in a casual, local atmosphere. Restaurant was highly recommended by a friend. The food was very good and the wine list extensive, although you must have knowledge of Italian wine because the staff does not. Our server was Italian and very attentive but because the place was so loud I found her very difficult to understand. They may have a few small outdoor tables and I would highly recommend sitting outside if possible. The food is definitely worth it. Without the noise.
- overpriced. not worth it.HBlocalVIPDined on 7/18/2014I am not going to be surprised to see "For Lease" sign on this place after the tourist season is over. For the locals the place is overpriced and not a kid friendly.
- Great Romantic SpotLovebirdsDined on 7/12/2014The atmosphere and service was amazing. I was so impressed with the knowledge of the wait staff. The portions are on the small side, though, and pricey. I got the "rack of lamb," and it was phenomenal, but it was 3 ribs for $55! Don't come starving. Also the meat/cheese tray was one of the best I have ever seen. The whole experience was great.Special Features:
- First time back...Food4MBDined on 7/12/2014had not been to La Sosta in a long time. That said the experience was not as memorable as previous dinners had been. I felt the entrees were way overpriced. My pasta was OK as well as the salads. Our server was patient and lovely. The street noise was slightly overbearing. Overall I think there are much better restaurants in the area with better ambiance.
- Romantic and delicious!Pcgrieco13Dined on 7/11/2014Incredible!! Simply put. This place is quaint, romantic, intimate and delicious! Definitely a strong date night spot. We started with the cutting board which has flavorful meats and cheeses to compliment wine. We added the mushrooms which was a perfect add on. Delish! The gnocchi with arugula is unreal. Hand and home made. Unreal flavors. So delicious. I just wish the portion was double the size. Pretty small. My fiancée had the tagliatelle which was great too! The wine list is awesome. For dessert, we had these puff pastries which finished off our evening well. Service was great, ambiance was nice, we will definitely be going back again and again. Yum!! A bit pricey but worth it. Check it out. You'll enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday surpriseSandyPDined on 6/27/2014Delightful authentic meal, excellent service, Italian speaking. Nestled nicely in Hermosa/Manhattan, but Traffic noise is an issue, but other than that, I highly recommend. Perhaps not at rush hour. Valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014I live in New Orleans, where great food is on every corner, but La Sosta is one of my favorite restaurants!! From the moment you walk in the door, it feels like you're in a little cafe in Italy! A totally beautiful dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Birthday DinnerKBF624Dined on 6/24/2014I recently celebrated my birthday at La Sosta with my husband. It was the perfect, romantic place with amazing food and excellent service. We had a wonderful experience and even felt like we were in Italy. Our server was lovely and very knowledgeable. She was also very attentive. We received complimentary champagne and dessert which was very generous and made the night special. Each dish was beautiful and so authentic. I am still dreaming of the lobster gnocchi and squid ink pasta. So yummy! I cannot wait to go back and have another truly exceptional experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best as usualMarcoDined on 6/20/2014Great spaghetti alla bottarga, home made tagliatelle alla bolognese, beef carpaccio and profiteroles. What can I say? Just try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very overpricedFoodloverVIPDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I eat out a lot and at expensive places. This place has very good food some dishes better than others, but it is very overpriced, especially if you consider the portion size. We did not care for the pasta Ragu (no sauce and small serving) and the profiteroles tasted like the ones you buy at Trader Joe's. It will be a while before we go back simply because it is overpriced. We don't ever complain about price, but this was too much for the location and quality.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time aroundluv2dineDined on 6/20/2014This was my second visit to La Sosta. I would love to love it. Great building, nice interior, cute waiters, chic menu. Sadly, for the second time, I don't. Horrendously overpriced considering both creativity and execution. $40 for a cup of langoustine gnocchi that was passable but not stupendous. For $40 I would have expected stupendous. There were five of us and each had good but not spectacular dishes including the meat and cheese appetizer. The one standout was the Caprese salad. The mozzarella was exceptional and it wouldn't have surprised me if it was homemade. Parking is impossible so you are forced to pay the $5.50 valet fee. I pay less in Beverly Hills for valet. Dine early to a voice the noise. Sadly, I won't see you there.Special Features:
- good service, vastly overpricedJonRDined on 6/13/2014Ordered two small plates of pasta and two glasses of white wine. One pasta was undercooked and dry, the other was overcooked. Flavors were good. Bill came to $100 for what were, essentially, portions the size of appetizers. We'd heard good things about this restaurant and were deeply disappointed. Possibly the worst value in the South Bay. Acoustics are bad, so the room is very noisy- a lot of noise from the street, as well. This 'may' be the best Italian restaurant in the South Bay, so it might be best to travel to Santa Monica or West LA for a good Italian meal that is fairly priced.
- An Upscale Overpriced RestaurantrosietDined on 6/10/2014The food quality of the food was mixed, but exceedingly overpriced. Had 4 person appetizer meat and cheese plate that was not that exciting and certainly not worth the $60. Pasta dishes were very good, but disappointed in serving size. Two scallop slivers in a pasta dish costing $30 was ridiculous. Don't get the pre-meal carrot and celery sticks with straight mustard as a dip. Bread was salty. Service was good. No reason to go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014It's our favorite restaurant!!! We love to go and just order the cheese plate, wine and dessert. We're sorry to see it leave Hermosa Beach but we'll definitely travel the extra 10 mins to Manhattan.Special Features:
- Ahhh Venetian cuisineCoolinCaliDined on 6/5/2014Looking for a place that serves heirloom tomatoes and barrata or buffalo motzarella thick noodles and with want Want a restaurant where garlic reigns supreme AND anchovies are in the pasta, then come to this corner gem in Hermosa beach! Wait staff attentive but not cloying! Service efficient and smart Great plus is valet parking, cuz if you know HB , you know the parking situation Tiramisu superb and a comlomentary glass of Proseca Heaven! I wanted to surprise my guest! This was a definite WOW!Special Features:
- Enjoy!sherbear33VIPDined on 5/23/2014I took a friend for his birthday and we enjoyed the restaurant very much. We're both foodies and found the food and service excellent -- except for asking for our check X3 and waiting nearly 20 minutes for it! Nonetheless, it's an intimate setting with fantastic food and overall we enjoyed our evening. Will return.Special Features:
- Excellent!luv2dineDined on 5/21/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. Food, ambiance and service are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 88 reviews are from the La Sosta Enoteca reviews archive.
- FantasticJeremyVIPDined on 5/17/2014Authentic and delicious. Pasta followed by langoustines was the perfect combination.Special Features:
- Used to be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014Food was uneven - some too heavily salted and some not salted at all. This place used to be a gem but had gone downhill. Hope they can fix it!!Special Features:
- Sosta SucksLuvsItalianDined on 5/16/2014The food was cold and had to be sent back. My wife's entree was inedible and it was not taken off the bill even though she didn't eat it. The most limited drink menu, they didn't even serve ice tea. We waited 30 minutes for our entrees after the app, even though we were the first table set. It was way overpriced. The valet was rude to my father. We will never go back.
- small cozy placeSunflower64Dined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day dinner. Small cozy Italian restaurant in the neighborhood. Very romantic candle light dinner. We loved the cheese and cold cut plate. Great wine list. We would love to go back again.Special Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Great for a special occasion. Candlelit - very romantic.Special Features:
- Tutto eccellente, ottimo ristoranteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/20142 cene superlative, gnocchi all'astice eccezionali! Consigliatissimo!Special Features:
- Just wanted to say 'delish'.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2014Is it true that you are moving to my neighborhood near Rosecrans and Highland?Special Features:
- Some great thingslaneyDined on 4/5/2014The service was superior; Christian was respectful of our privacy, but checked on us throughout the dinner with genuine warmth. Irving was also helpful and quick. The 'board' that everyone talked about on Yelp was good, not great. THe bread that accompanies is not our type for meat and cheese. However, other appetizers , asparagus and egg were very good. We split the whole fish, and the lobster gnocchi . FIsh was very good, gnocchi was excellent. Desserts are traditional, nothing fantastic. We would return for SURE, but order differently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerSedsDined on 4/4/2014It took 3 1/2 hours for dinner. We had to wait a considerable amount of time for our food. It appeared there was a kitchen problem but our server did not even let us know, we had to ask when our food would arrive. portions are small and pricey. Food was good the meat and cheese appetizer with truffle honey was the highlight of the meal. They did comp us our dessert.
- Nice restaurant kind of likeCazadorDined on 3/30/2014Nice restaurant kind of like dining in an Italian home. The food was good, especially the Cutting Board. However, the prices are very high for what you get. Good place to go for a romantic dinner maybe one time but price to quality ratio is not really very good. Glad I went once but probably would not go again, at least not often.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderful!Meg12Dined on 3/29/2014My boyfriend and I are South Bay locals and had been saving La Sosta for a special occasion (we'd heard amazing things from friends) and finally decided to visit on our 5 year anniversary. We were SO impressed with everything... from the beautiful ambiance, to the service to the absolutely exceptional food. Everything was perfect. We had the Cutting Board for our appetizer (to die for!) as well as a Filet Tartar (a first for both of us and I couldn't have loved it more) and for our main course, we had the Lobster Gnocchi and Black Truffle Fettuccine which were both some of the best pasta dishes I've ever had. I felt like I had been taken out of LA, transported to Italy and it was truly a wonderful night. We will 100% be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent small restaurantPvpatDined on 3/28/2014I like small intimate restaurants where the focus is on food and giving the customer a great experience. First time at La Sosta Enoteca but look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet foodKeithDined on 3/25/2014Food, service and ambience outstanding. Pricey but worth it. Highly recommend for that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experienceStevensDined on 3/23/2014Through the years La Sosta has been a special restaurant to manhattan/hernias beach. But many travel far to taste authentic Italian food and incredible wines. All served in a warm friendly atmosphere. Don't forget to indulge in the dessert wines after a meal of fresh pasta, or lamb or any seafood meal. Atmosphere is cozy, quiet, I wouldn't take toddlers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food but bring earplutgsFritoVIPDined on 3/22/2014Carefully prepared, perfectly cooked incredible dishes. Noise level was deafening,Special Features: