131 Bloor Street, Unit 211
Toronto, ON M5S1R1Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lasociete.ca/
- Phone: 4165519929
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - late
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: James Olberg
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from La Societe
A casual chic Parisian eatery featuring Bloor's only streetside patio. A marriage of Canada’s most cosmopolitan city and Parisian bistro style and cuisine, La Société is a dining destination unlike any other in Toronto. Step inside and your senses will be flooded with the sights, scents, and flavours that your Parisian dreams are made of.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Societe reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (100)special occasion (93)great for lunch (81)great for brunch (76)good for groups (66)romantic (63)fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (57)hot spot (45)scenic view (43)notable wine list (39)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I was going through all the reviews before choosing this restaurant. Every review had some sort of complaint about the service but I decided to check it out anyway. Was I ever glad I did! The service was incredible, the food was amazing and the ambience was perfection! Our waiter was very attentive and took the time to make our experience great. Absolutely no complaints, I will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We had a great brunch at La Societe on Sunday. The food was excellent, the french vanilla waffles with clotted cream and butter a huge hit , side order of crisp bacon made it heaven. Eggs Benedict didn't disappoint. I wanted a french cafe feel and it certainly delivered.The decor was very Parisian. The crowd was as expected for the location . Perfect for us as a neighborhood spot! Have booked again for this Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and last time dining here.brandcVIPDined on 8/23/2014Husband enjoyed his bison ribeye very much and thought the foie gras was outstanding. I, on the other hand, was not impressed. Tomato salad was ok and crunchy wheatberries were a nice addition, but the presentation of the tomatoes tossed in a brownish green pesto sauce was strange. Scallops were lacklustre--didn't like the vinegary cauliflower on top. Nice reception on arrival, mostly gracious service except for our waiter who was just oddly pretentious and tried too hard to impress. I found his manner off-putting and set an unpleasant tone to our evening. If you're looking for a Parisian experience, go elsewhere! Saved the night by having dessert and port at dbar in Four Seasons which never fails to impress.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Friday nite dining on the terrace was our 1st time experence. Meals were well prepared but somewhat slow service about 45 minutes to get the food. Nice bar. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a let downsallyeatsDined on 8/21/2014After hearing so much about this hot spot I had high hopes. Unfortunately, the overall experience was a let down. Ambiance was good, food was alright. Dessert was passable but I wasn't wowed and most notably service was lacking....as in, slow service without a smile the entire time. I dont think I would return.Special Features:
- optionsDined on 8/21/2014The service was spotty. The food was much too salty.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014The restaurant is one I have been to before. I found this time that the food was expensive for relatively limited value. The beet salad, while delicious, have very few beets. The tuna nicoise was overcooked, and the tuna tasted of lemon, almost like it was not fresh and they put lemon on it to hide the that it was not fresh. While I was frustrated with the food, I have to say that the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Took my girlfriend here.MikeDined on 8/19/2014Great romantic setting. I would come back for sure.Special Features:
- Poor serviceDanielle1Dined on 8/15/2014I've been here 5 times and this time we got some young male waiter who was not nice. He took his time, was sarcastic and spent a lot of time socializing with another waiter and at one point I saw him on this cell phone. This is suppose to be a high end restaurant but the service was poor. Won't be going backSpecial Features:
- Avg food/off service but yes returnFoodFirstDined on 8/14/2014I found the food to be very average and the service an odd blend of indifferent, snooty, friendly and rude. The cocktail/wine list however is quite good and the service was off in a way that was entertaining if you have a sense of humour about such things. The location is perfect for a central meeting spot when you have people converging from all over the city. And the atmosphere is lively. So bizarrely I would go back, but only for drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Destination spotjuanDined on 8/12/2014LS is good and getting better...big challenge is to keep excellent staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slowbizlunchDined on 8/11/2014Food was okay, Service was excruciatingly slow. Waiter did not bring change back and had to be asked 3 times.
- Family BrunchChiksyDined on 8/10/2014We had a lovely brunch as always!! Service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely for a lunch or girls date.tetianatorontoVIPDined on 8/10/2014Always come here with girlfriends or a casual lunch date. Oysters are always fresh and delicious. Menu is great with lots of healthier options. Mushroom soup is to die for. Only complaint is noise level can be a bit high and a bit chilly sometimes but that is a bit of a personal preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceTorontoVisitorDined on 8/10/2014Our waiter was phenomenal and the food was equally impressive! Will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need improvementMilenaDined on 8/10/2014Croissants lower than average, the salad needed more tomatoes. The service was poor. Not worth the money.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyFoodieDined on 8/9/2014This Restaraunt was beautiful but that's about it. Unless you're there for the Oysters, there isn't much else going for that place. Chicken was blan and it took the waitress 20 minutes to take our drink requests. Not a good experience.Special Features:
- disappointedRiksDined on 8/7/2014it took over two hours for our main dishes to be served after the appetizers. we asked them how long it would take for the main dishes to come at least 3-4times and were ready to leave. very disappointed.Special Features:
- good food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Food tasted great! Got one of the burgers. Server acted like he didn't want to be there! Just rambles on with his script of taking orders. Mumbling, no eye contact, walks away while still talking. Food took a while for it to come out for a quasi-empty brunch sitting. Would go back b/c food is good, price is on point. Hopefully will get another serverSpecial Features:
- Great service, yummy burgers!Luv2dineDined on 7/23/2014I have eaten here on many occasions. The food is usually good but the fries, served with a great mayo aioli sauce, are always limp & soggy. The burger is great! Won't order shrimp cocktail again. Half were ok the others mealy. Service was wonderful and server very accommodating. Excellent martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty but noisySfergusDined on 7/20/2014I dined at La Societe during Summerlicious, ordering the pate, steak frites, and key lime pie. The pate was excellent; however, the steak was very small. My partner ordered his cooked medium, and found it difficult to chew. The tables were placed very close together, and it was difficult to talk with all the noise. The waiter seemed distracted, and didn't seem to care that my partner had eaten so little of his steak. The restaurant itself has a beautiful interior, but if I go back, it will be for lunch only.Special Features:
- Awesome Dinner with My BFF!camcamDined on 7/19/2014I went to La Societe for the summerlicious dinner with my BFF. It was a wonderful night! Both of us ordered the pickerel dinner set. The food was delicious and really delicate. And I love the chocolate mousse at the end, which made a perfect dinner. So did the creme brulee! My friend loves it. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014I have being to La Societe over the years, there was nothing on the menu that I like anymore, I find it limited. I am allergic to seafood so didn't have any other choice but have the steak. The service was excellent but don't think I will be going back, I don't necessary want to have meat all the time. Like the patio menu but you can only have that on the patio and if it's raining you are out of luck. At least have a pasta dish etc.Special Features:
- Over-promised, under-deliveredUnimpressedDined on 7/19/2014Read a few reviews before coming: atmosphere does set the bar high, but the food was, at best, non-descript. Dishes were mixed up, and there were a couple instances of the service having the need to put forth their two cents. Would go back for the patio and the drinks.Special Features:
- summerliciousokayDined on 7/19/2014The food was excellent but the service was lacking. We had a 5pm reservation, the restaurant was almost empty and they were trying to rush us out. Our waiter spent little time on us and never asked if we wanted a second glass of wine, or let us get a chance to order another. The food though was amazing. I would go back, but hope I get a different waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot with great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014The food was outstanding! Every bite of every item we tried on the Summerlicious menu was tasty and satisfying. The only improvement I could suggest is the portion size of our entree. I ordered the steak frites and the steak was very, very small - perhaps 2 oz? I understand that we ordered from the Summerlicious menu and we were getting a deal on the food, so the portion size was likely smaller than usual. The appetizer (country pate) and dessert (chocolate mousse) were terrific! Very good food and very interesting setting. I highly recommend this spot!Special Features:
- Amazing experienceYazzDined on 7/18/2014Didnt expect the restaurant to be as good as i thought. Just had a group of 5 for my birthday and really loved the vibe they give off and waiters are really nice and friendly. It was a bit dim so when taking pictures you will need flash because you are going to want yo take pictures!!overall one of the best places to eat in toronto food and saint-glass ceiling. Yes theres saint glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer evening dinnerdanielfiskerDined on 7/18/2014Made a reservation for dinner same day and hoped for an outdoor spot. Arrived to the restaurant with several (outdoor) tables open, and was offered to sit inside. All tables outside were allegedly spoken for, and of course, many still empty once we left. Was a little disappointing as it was a beautiful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible food and service was poorGpandyaDined on 7/18/2014Took 20 minutes to get a glass of water which never got refilled. Horrible service .. Got my drink 40 minutes later. Ask for a beef well done. Got it medium. Sat outside on the top patio and the railing is falling apart.. I couldn't believe this was a restaurant in yorkville. The only positive comment I have is the key lime pie was delicious. Will NEVer go again nor recommend it!!
- Service took too long.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Three of my friends and I went to this restaurant for Summerlicious lunch. We were very excited as we've heard great things but ended up being disappointed with the service. Our main course took almost an hour to be served after our appetizer. After realizing we have been waiting for so long the waitress checked in on the kitchen and informed us that they forgot. (No it was not busy). People who came in after we sat down were served their entire meals and left even before we got out entree. The waitress apologized and that's it. Food was OK but won't be back.Special Features:
- Worst. Service. Ever.NaomiDined on 7/18/2014We dined here for lunch during the 2014 summerlicious event. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! Waited 15 mins to be greeted after being sat Bottle of wine we ordered arrived when we were almost done our appetizers Took our server nearly 10 mins to refill our empty wine glasses She spilled wine on the table while pouring and didn't wipe it down We weren't offered coffee/tea with dessert, we had to flag the server down to order it All in all, the food is good, but the service is appalling. If you're looking for snooty, rude, negligent, sloppy service, La Societé is the place for you. If not, Yorkville has many better places with great menu offerings matched with good service e.g. Dbar, Sassafraz, Museum Tavern, or Joso's. Don't waste your time here.Special Features:
- Okey experienceAng2014lalaDined on 7/18/2014Second visits to La Societe. Nice décor. Many waitresses and waiters there but I don't feel they were very cheerful. Summerilious menu were nice but taste of foods are not too impressive.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2014Went for Summerlicious with friends. Food was average taste, service was average. For a Contemporary French Restuarant, I'm a bit disappointed. I expected better food, at least a better presentation of the dishes would made the experience better. Not recommended for Summerlicious, probably better if went for the regular menu.Special Features:
- Not Worth The MoneyGourmand86Dined on 7/15/2014Went for dinner on a Tuesday night with friends and sat on the upper patio. Nice location, swank looking place. Service was very slow. I understand it's a casual bistro atmosphere where you're supposed to relax and take your time, but it took 20 minutes for our drinks to arrive. When they did come, there was lipstick all over one of the martini glasses. Waiter was apologetic and fixed it right away. The drink that came back was also in a dirty glass, but we didn't say anything the second time around. One of our bread plates was also dirty, with some dried crusties on it, and had to be returned. We had the Summerlicious menu, and everything was very nice. We all had oysters, steak frites, key lime pie or blood orange crème brule.Special Features:
- Was that a meal they served me?disappointedDined on 7/15/2014I was served a 3 oz steak, I get burgers with more meat then that. Not to mention I ordered my steak Medium and it came well done, my friend wanted rare and got well done as well. Worse part is the portions were so small we had to go get food else where as we were still hungry.
- Nice lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014We had lunch here after a visit to the ROM. The food and service were very good. We shared a starter of roast beets and we both had the yummy lobster sandwich. Nice ambiance, a little overpriced but you have to consicer the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely as alwaysBNowaDined on 7/15/2014We lunched about three times here during summerlicious 2014 and it's just always a great spot! Service was slower than usual because it was superbusy for summerlicious. The usual presentation of "regular menu" items is much more elaborate than the summerlicious choices, but for the price (20$ for lunch) I am quite happy!!Special Features:
- diner26hmbDined on 7/15/2014Dined and had after work drinks here. Great place, good food, great service the last times I dined at this place. However service was not as attentive to details during Summerlicious. I had to get someone's attention to get cutlery to eat my lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/15/2014A very fine Summerlicious $20 lunch--oysters, chicken, dessert--well plated and served. What's not too like?!I would recommend this to a friend.
- very french stylefoodieDined on 7/14/2014the food is decent, doesn't stand out from other summerlicious restaurants, service was nice but slow, more like the laid back french styleSpecial Features: