131 Bloor Street, Unit 211
Toronto, ON M5S1R1Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lasociete.ca/
- Phone: 4165519929
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - late
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: James Olberg
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from La Societe
A casual chic Parisian eatery featuring Bloor's only streetside patio. A marriage of Canada’s most cosmopolitan city and Parisian bistro style and cuisine, La Société is a dining destination unlike any other in Toronto. Step inside and your senses will be flooded with the sights, scents, and flavours that your Parisian dreams are made of.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Societe reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (100)special occasion (87)great for lunch (76)great for brunch (68)good for groups (65)fit for foodies (64)neighborhood gem (62)romantic (59)hot spot (48)scenic view (38)notable wine list (38)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- SundayArthurVIPDined on 9/28/2014Lobster dinner a great value and good eating too. Free parking after 5:00 pm is an added attraction.Special Features:
- Great AmbianceIcedDined on 9/27/2014Was lucky enough to sit outside and enjoy this nice weather - it was quiet, and food was great. Had the peach salad, the thyme chicken and the key lime pie for dessert - very yum - great time!Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 9/27/2014The decor was certainly agreeable to my taste, the food was pretty good and the coffee was fantastic. Certainly a place which I'll return but the waiters can be friendlier. Most of them are except one or two - they can certainly smile more!Special Features:
- 3foodiesDined on 9/25/2014It was a perfect day and a perfect place to enjoy a lovely fall day lunch sitting outside. The service was impeccable and the food was good. It was enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmandsDined on 9/21/2014Beautiful place, very good food, agreeable and professional service. A place to visit absolutely in Toronto! ginette guévin et patrice brunet, québecSpecial Features:
- Good but not GreatPippinDined on 9/21/2014Ordered lobster and mussels, which my friend and I shared. Food arrived almost immediately, which suggests it was pre-cooked and waiting. Lobster was tasty but not hot. Fries were excellent. Mussels were small, but sauce was tasty and bread was great. Service was spotty as we had several waiters. One was very non-responsive, while the others were great. The restaurant was not that busy, but the noise level was very high. I would suggest the patio in nice weather.
- A touch of Paris!RiskmannDined on 9/21/2014La Societe is a treasured favourite of ours for brunch & lunch. The food is always delightful, the service very good and the belle epoch environment reminiscent of some frequented spots in Paris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayBojabesDined on 9/20/2014We had heard good things about LS and my wife was very eager to go there for our wedding anniversary. The decor was very nice, the service was okay, but the food was kind of mediocre. For the price, I'd have expected much better food. I might go back but only to have a drink at the bar.Special Features:
- Yummy burgers!Luv2dineDined on 9/19/2014Had a delicious lunch at La Societe. I keep going back for the yummy C's burger topped with maple bacon and the dry vodka martinis accompanied with the perfect martini olives! Very pretty restaurant and great location for any occasion night or day. We had great service provided by Shawn who was very patient. The only negative is that the restaurant has a very high noise level. Difficult to hear conversation if you are with more than one person at the table. I'll be back🍔🍸Special Features:
- it-s not a rstaurant - it's a pubunhappyDined on 9/18/2014music and noise from the bar is deafenining, food overspiced and very pricySpecial Features:
- Excellent place for lunchgourmandgirlDined on 9/16/2014Great place for lunch- varied menu, and a beautiful room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Game Night ??luv2eatgoodfoodDined on 9/13/2014Overall was a nice night out. Disappointing that he theme, game night food was all gone by 7 pm, Service, food, quality, was all very good. I did request a quieter spot ( not sure if there is one) for two people to be able to talk at a normal level.Special Features:
- settingalexDined on 9/13/2014Nice setting, food is average but the restaurant just feels rightSpecial Features:
- Consistently GoodHockeyDined on 9/12/2014Always know what you're going to get. The Prix Fixe menu excellent value! Server was excellent!Special Features:
- Food/Service Excellent/Music Loud!LadyhawkeDined on 9/10/2014Hi, we have been coming here since it opened. always good, however , they have changed the music in the last year to 'club' music. Too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodwhiteandblackDined on 9/10/2014I liked my organic salmon but it was not enough food on the plate...not filling. The chairs are not comfortable to sit at ..reseve the booths if you want your butt to have some rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experience1234VIPDined on 9/7/2014Terrible non existent service Mediocre food. I will never be back
- Good food, but expensive juice!DebbieDined on 9/7/2014Went there for brunch and menu was great. They charged $6 for orange juice! (only half glass full and not freshly squeezed). Other than that, it was great.Special Features:
- NatureDined on 9/6/2014My daughter and I went for lunch on before seeing Wicked. Excellent lunch!Special Features:
- mostarDined on 9/5/2014Chickpea Tajine was not good at all, I hardly had half of the dish. Baked apple desert was very good. We were served by too many staff.Special Features:
- PLplDined on 9/5/2014Great atmosphere and never been disappointed with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cob SaladgourmandhumberDined on 9/4/2014Cob salad lacked dressing, blue cheese. The chicken was generous but very dried out. Overall presentation was beautiful. Hard boiled egg, still soft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!catdubsDined on 8/25/2014I was going through all the reviews before choosing this restaurant. Every review had some sort of complaint about the service but I decided to check it out anyway. Was I ever glad I did! The service was incredible, the food was amazing and the ambience was perfection! Our waiter was very attentive and took the time to make our experience great. Absolutely no complaints, I will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchJLSKDined on 8/24/2014We had a great brunch at La Societe on Sunday. The food was excellent, the french vanilla waffles with clotted cream and butter a huge hit , side order of crisp bacon made it heaven. Eggs Benedict didn't disappoint. I wanted a french cafe feel and it certainly delivered.The decor was very Parisian. The crowd was as expected for the location . Perfect for us as a neighborhood spot! Have booked again for this Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and last time dining here.brandcVIPDined on 8/23/2014Husband enjoyed his bison ribeye very much and thought the foie gras was outstanding. I, on the other hand, was not impressed. Tomato salad was ok and crunchy wheatberries were a nice addition, but the presentation of the tomatoes tossed in a brownish green pesto sauce was strange. Scallops were lacklustre--didn't like the vinegary cauliflower on top. Nice reception on arrival, mostly gracious service except for our waiter who was just oddly pretentious and tried too hard to impress. I found his manner off-putting and set an unpleasant tone to our evening. If you're looking for a Parisian experience, go elsewhere! Saved the night by having dessert and port at dbar in Four Seasons which never fails to impress.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Friday nite dining on the terrace was our 1st time experence. Meals were well prepared but somewhat slow service about 45 minutes to get the food. Nice bar. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a let downsallyeatsDined on 8/21/2014After hearing so much about this hot spot I had high hopes. Unfortunately, the overall experience was a let down. Ambiance was good, food was alright. Dessert was passable but I wasn't wowed and most notably service was lacking....as in, slow service without a smile the entire time. I dont think I would return.Special Features:
- optionsDined on 8/21/2014The service was spotty. The food was much too salty.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014The restaurant is one I have been to before. I found this time that the food was expensive for relatively limited value. The beet salad, while delicious, have very few beets. The tuna nicoise was overcooked, and the tuna tasted of lemon, almost like it was not fresh and they put lemon on it to hide the that it was not fresh. While I was frustrated with the food, I have to say that the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Took my girlfriend here.MikeDined on 8/19/2014Great romantic setting. I would come back for sure.Special Features:
- Poor serviceDanielle1Dined on 8/15/2014I've been here 5 times and this time we got some young male waiter who was not nice. He took his time, was sarcastic and spent a lot of time socializing with another waiter and at one point I saw him on this cell phone. This is suppose to be a high end restaurant but the service was poor. Won't be going backSpecial Features:
- Avg food/off service but yes returnFoodFirstDined on 8/14/2014I found the food to be very average and the service an odd blend of indifferent, snooty, friendly and rude. The cocktail/wine list however is quite good and the service was off in a way that was entertaining if you have a sense of humour about such things. The location is perfect for a central meeting spot when you have people converging from all over the city. And the atmosphere is lively. So bizarrely I would go back, but only for drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Destination spotjuanDined on 8/12/2014LS is good and getting better...big challenge is to keep excellent staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slowbizlunchDined on 8/11/2014Food was okay, Service was excruciatingly slow. Waiter did not bring change back and had to be asked 3 times.
- Family BrunchChiksyDined on 8/10/2014We had a lovely brunch as always!! Service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely for a lunch or girls date.tetianatorontoVIPDined on 8/10/2014Always come here with girlfriends or a casual lunch date. Oysters are always fresh and delicious. Menu is great with lots of healthier options. Mushroom soup is to die for. Only complaint is noise level can be a bit high and a bit chilly sometimes but that is a bit of a personal preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceTorontoVisitorDined on 8/10/2014Our waiter was phenomenal and the food was equally impressive! Will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need improvementMilenaDined on 8/10/2014Croissants lower than average, the salad needed more tomatoes. The service was poor. Not worth the money.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyFoodieDined on 8/9/2014This Restaraunt was beautiful but that's about it. Unless you're there for the Oysters, there isn't much else going for that place. Chicken was blan and it took the waitress 20 minutes to take our drink requests. Not a good experience.Special Features:
- disappointedRiksDined on 8/7/2014it took over two hours for our main dishes to be served after the appetizers. we asked them how long it would take for the main dishes to come at least 3-4times and were ready to leave. very disappointed.Special Features: