La Societe - Montreal
1415 de La Montagne
Montreal, QC H3G 1Z3Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
La Societe - Montreal
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lasociete.ca/
- Phone: (514) 507-9223
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday : 7:00am - 10:30am.
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm,
Brunch Saturday - Sunday : 8:00am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Sean Reeve
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live DJ
A word from La Societe - Montreal
A marriage of Canada’s most cosmopolitan city and Parisian bistro style and cuisine, La Société is a dining destination unlike any other in Montreal. Step inside and your senses will be flooded with the sights, scents, and flavours that your Parisian dreams are made of. Gloriously appointed with luxurious furnishings and a breathtaking stained-glass ceiling, a meal, a meeting, even a moment at La Société will transport you to another time and place. La Société. The soul of Paris in the heart of Montreal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Societe - Montreal reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)great for lunch (10)romantic (8)great for outdoor dining (8)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (7)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- mcbp1981VIPDined on 11/23/2014Very good! Perfect for a quick lunch while shopping!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pour se sentir à ParisdepeloDined on 11/14/2014Très belle ambiance, beau décor parisien, un endroit vraiment impeccable. Bouffe un peu banale, le nouveau chef devra mettre un peu plus d'éclat dans les plats. Service à améliorer, nouvelle serveuse vraiment inexpérimentée.Special Features:
- OK experienceSaturdayNightFunDined on 11/8/2014Overall, we did have a nice evening. The confirmation call Saturday morning was appreciated, but no voicemail was left, I had to call back. The restaurant was very modern, clean, nice atmosphere. At times the music was a bit too loud. The taste of the food was good, but pricey considering the portion size, some were still hungry. Service was not great. Enough bread was provided for everyone at the table to have 1 small piece and the basket was never refilled. Additionally, coffee was only offered after we finished desert. Water was refilled often. Substitutions were not accepted. ie - Vanilla ice cream instead of foie-gras ice cream.
- awesome service!YSLKVIPDined on 11/6/2014it's a typical hotel restaurant since la société is belonged to Loews hotel vogue. The service was great and foods were good and energetic atmosphere! recommend for a couple or friends for dinnerSpecial Features:
- LovelyCanadianSpiceDined on 11/2/2014Beautiful decor, lovely wine, great waiters... the food was ok, although we chose to try the MTL a Table menu - I've had better for the price but willing to go back and try their regular menu next time. Still recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming place and good mealsWillkazeDined on 9/23/2014A very charming place for a dinner weither you are a couple or a group. This was my second time at this restaurant and the food is always qualitative. Service is very kindfull, all you have to do is enjoy. I recommand this place if you want to start or end a pleasentfull evening.Special Features:
- Good food, terrible service...LGWestMedfordDined on 9/20/2014Service was awful, but food was great. Our waiter did less than the bare minimum. Asked for water in addition to drinks. No plates to eat bread on. Did not ask if we wanted another round. Did not refill water ever. Did not ask how food was. Did not ask if we wanted dessert, just gave us check. Felt like we were the ones managing our dining experience..Special Features:
- Nice brunchTTRKVIPDined on 8/31/2014Nice place, with a good brunch menu. I think there are better choices in Montreal but this was tasty for sure.
- Excellent Food, Service & Martinis!BinxVIPDined on 8/6/2014Awesome place. We arrived late on a Wednesday evening looking for a late bite. The food was great and they did not rush us even though we were the last table still there. Great food and contemporary vibe. Also you MUST ask Catherine at the bar to mix you a martini. Magnifique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, expensivefoodieloserDined on 8/4/2014I'm all for spending money on a fantastic meal, but be warned that while the food is quality, their portions are very small and their prices rather inflated. It can add up quickly, and if your looking to get more bang for your buck, i'd recommend other brunch hot spots like Lawrence.Special Features:
- The following 31 reviews are from the La Societe - Montreal reviews archive.
- MiekeVIPDined on 7/9/2014Party of 3, 2 of which opted the table d'hote which was very nice and tasty & excellent value for money.Special Features:
- Superb place emptyexcelvideDined on 7/1/2014This restaurant is beautiful. But we went at an early hour for diner, so it was empty. The food was really excellent ! Totally in line with the beauty of the place. Found the wine to be on the pricey side. 16$ for a glass of red.Special Features:
- MaladeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014J'ai été malade le tartare n'était pas frais, Le service a été excellent et très très efficace, dommage que ce n'était pas frais.Special Features:
- Très bien mais musique bruyanteMangeuxdemangerDined on 6/14/2014Nous avons beaucoup apprécié le décor, le service et le repas, très bien exécuté par ailleurs, mais j'ai regretté l'ambiance sonore. Nous avions choisi ce restaurant à l'apparence classique française pour un souper romantique, mais malgré le fait que le service était très bien, tout le repas a été accompagné d'une musique de discothèque en provenance du comptoir-bar juste à côté, qui a résonné pendant tout le repas. Disons que cela a quelque peu cassé l'ambiance, qui pourrait être beaucoup plus réussie avec une musique de circonstance. C'est un détail, mais c'est un détail important.Special Features:
- Superb food & serviceJannerboy62Dined on 5/16/2014This was our first fine dining meal in Montreal and it lived up to our expectations. Our waiter was friendly, polite and very knowledgeable and helped give advise both on the menu and wine. Our table was great and whilst the restaurant was busy, the service we received was as though we were the only people dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodoliverDined on 5/10/2014Vraiment tres bon, en dehors de la salade au lardon tres basic, le plat principal ( lapin puis veau) etaient tres bien préparé, le desert esquis. J'y retourne le moi prochain malgré le manque d'ambiance ( 2 couples ds le restaurant) le décors est bien réalisé.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended, but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The food was above average, but not out of this world. Lamb and salmon tartares were excellent. Steak was good, but not spectacular. Service was very friendly and strong, but it took us too long to get our drinks. This was not on the waiters, as everything else was fine, so the bar must have just been slow that night. Once the drinks came however, they were good for Montreal's relatively low standards. Overall, I really enjoyed my meal and the experience. I expected the meal to be expensive, but when paying those prices, I also expect a certain exceptional level that I wouldn't say was met. Nothing was bad, and everything was good to above average, but there wasn't all that much that would make me rush back.Special Features:
- The food was fantastic, andfloozVIPDined on 4/5/2014The food was fantastic, and the ambience is very cool - my only criticism would be that our waitress seemed super confused - first she couldn't find y reservation, then she got my order wrong, then she rushed over with our bills even though we hadn't asked for them and the restaurant was practically empty so there weren't people waiting, and finally she threw out my reciept even though I asked her for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNick2mtlDined on 2/14/2014Meat overcooked, service not efficient. At that price, I expected much more.
- Less than expectedFoodnwineDined on 2/14/2014The main issue for me was the inexperience of the staff (although some were quite friendly it didn't compensate for lack of quality). The food was good but not excellent and thus slightly overpriced. I expected more from a bistro (particularly given the amount invested in decor). Wine list is not anything to write home about. Desert was under par. I might give them a second chance for brunch.Special Features:
- A beautiful bistro experiencesbyontheislandVIPDined on 2/6/2014The decor and service are impeccable. The food was beautifully presented. We both started with the Waldorf salad that was beautiful on the plate. It consisted mostly of celeriac and could have had more greens, apples and walnuts. My wife had the steak frites that was perfectly prepared. I had the Cornish hen. It was a large portion perfectly cooked, but lacked some complexity in the seasoning. Overall, it was a very good meal in a beautiful restaurant with friendly staff who worked hard to please us. We would definitely go back. The food critic at the Montreal Gazette was unnecessarily harsh in her review of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2014There were only 6 other people in the restaurant. The host was very friendly, but our waiter was notably absent. The onion soup was excellent but the escargots were not very good. My friends salad was an unreasonably small portion given the price. I was disappointed since I was last there during Montreal a Table which was quite good! Will not be going back any time soon as there are restaurants of better value and overall experience in the downtown core
- lousy don't go until theywines123VIPDined on 1/18/2014lousy don't go until they clean up their act. I ordered a salad and it was like they opened the pre-cut lettuce you buy at the super market and served it with a mustard/mayo dressing. avoid this place
- Great Montreal experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2013I came here with a group of friends while we were visiting for restaurant week. The staff is super friendly and welcoming. It was truly one of the best meals of my life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommendable resto!!MeriangocrabDined on 11/9/2013The atmosphere is pretty cool, different, old style and modern. The menu and wines are great and the service is very good and nice. They take your coat heb u arrive, and gave us a little tire d erable in ice to try after the dessert. It was good price for the promo mtl a table but otherwise its prizy. The oxtail and cassoulet werr great! The only thing i disliked was the dessert, the petit fours. They took a bit long to give us the bill but was busy. We would very likely recomment this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MerveilleuxsamontrealDined on 11/8/2013Les plateaux de fruits de mer sont excellents, les pétoncles superbes et le tartare de boeuf délicieux, et le service est VIP. Une soirée extraordinaire à La Société!!!Special Features:
- Not worth the priceChris4593Dined on 11/8/2013Even with Montreal a table's prices. It's not worth it. Food is flavorless. Wine is sooooo expensive for the quality. Don't go there. There are so many better places for the price
- Unfortunately disappointinghonhonDined on 11/6/2013Basically the Lesley Chesterman review from a few years back held true. It was half-full when we got there for a TasteMTL dinner, but we waited around 10 minutes for water (actually we were asked if we wanted any...). We were served by numerous waiters, which I found a little disgruntling. Foodwise, really nothing to write home about. The Wintergreen salad was bland, the dressing was tasteless and sparse. The sweet potato gnocchi were good, but I'm 100% sure they LITERALLY poured a salt shaker in the dish!! I love salt, but it was really much too salty! The only good aspect of the meal was the Petits Fours dessert (3 tiny items). Overall, the servers were really very pleasant, but the food was disappointing for $29 ($47 a glass of wine).Special Features:
- The beer on tap wasn't workingbethDined on 11/6/2013The beer on tap wasn't working and there was a very limited choice of bottled beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the service was exceptionalKateDined on 11/2/2013Our waitress (as well as the rest of the staff) was phenomenal. Unforunately I can't remember her name, but we had a 7pm reservation on Saturday 11/03 under the name Niver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at La SociétéRickBDined on 11/2/2013We were a party of 4 during the Montréal à Table event. Nice fixed price menu, food was delicious (I had the Cassoulet whcih was one of the best I have had since Le caveau closed). The gnocchi was also fantastic. Would go again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quel service!!VeropVIPDined on 11/1/2013C'était notre première visite à la Société, et on va y retourner!!!! Le service est vraiment extra, la nourriture est originale et d'une qualité impressionnante. Éric, le gérant est sympathique, souriant, connaît très bien son menu et sait rendre les clients à l'aise! Vous devez absolument essayer leur drink digestif "vodka-sortilège-lemoncello" qui vous est servit d'une façon vraiment spéciale..... :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic French CuisineCoco911Dined on 10/26/2013This is what Montreal is about! Went on a Saturday night...dismal weather out, but this lovely Bistro was just what we needed. Cosy and warm atmosphere, friendly service, and great ambience... Loved the foie gras and smoked duck and could not wait to sink our teeth into the delicious steak frites!!! Best of all was the French Onion Soup paired with the Cabernet! Great selection of French wine too. Loved it so much, we went back for brunch the next day!!! Next time, we'll have to try the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expérience réussie !Laup1MtlDined on 10/4/2013Cadre chic et raffiné, service de très grande qualité et très professionnel. L'endroit idéal pour déguster un bon steak ou même des fruits de mer de très bonne qualité,en couple ou entre amis. Bravo !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!sylvrgirlVIPDined on 9/26/2013What a great time and great dinner! Loved the cocktails menu and its incredibly diverse selection and we so happened to visit on Veuve Cliquot night and had the Enegetiq which was so yummy! The food does not disappoint, we had the seared fois gras that was so delicate and the duck confit that was spectacular. Service was outstanding and made us feel so good. Loved every minute!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great decor but underwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2013The restaurant is new. Very pretty to the point it feels fake. The food is not french but french inspired. The staff is inexperienced and lacks training. Why go there when there so many better options nearby.
- French food in MontrealzorroVIPDined on 8/3/2013Excellent food, excellent service, intimate setting!Special Features:
- Fish FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/1/2013Great Oysters and Mussels. Really nice ambience, and very attentive staff made this areally great night out.Special Features:
- For a quality dining experienceWillkazeDined on 6/24/2013Very nice place for a dinner. I enjoyed the typical "bistrot-chic" atmospehere and the meal was excellent. To feel really comfortable, do not think at the prices that may appear quite expensive, you will meet with the french cuisine quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchFranDined on 6/16/2013We were a group of 9 for brunch and it was amazing. The food, the service and the room itself could not be better. Great job! David our server was really good.Special Features: