558 Broome Street
(closer to Varick)
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lasirenenyc.com/
- Phone: 2129253061x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:30am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Didier Pawlicki
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Full buy-outs of the restaurant are possible on lunch time,.
- Private Party Contact: Didier Pawlicki 347-750-9570x
- Special Events:
A word from La Sirene
Special French Cuisine With the Best Mussels in the City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Sirene reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (37)romantic (27)special occasion (23)notable wine list (5)late-night find (2)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Love the appetizers, probably the best part of the place. Quall was good but i had better, defenatly 5 star place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great french restaurantNYCeatsVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had dinner here in September on a Saturday night. Great food, strong service. Not a large restaurant, which is nice, and has a personal feel. Caussoulet was delicious. Wine was diverse and well priced.Special Features:
- Food is EXCEPTIONALAntoineDined on 9/6/2014As a native French, I can tell you have real french food made by a native French who knows his stuff. You cannot be disappointed. Food is EXCEPTIONAL !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD CHOICEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014La Sirene turned out to be an excellent choice for the four of us. It was a nice quiet atmosphere so conversation was easy. The menu offered a wide variety of choices that all sounded good. I had the lamb chops which were cooked just right and my wife had the catch of the day which was delicious. Our guests meals were good also. If you are in the SOHO area, this is a good place to eat. There is a subway stop just a couple of blocks away so it is easy to get to if you are not in SOHO.Special Features:
- Odd decor, delicious food!cbk4Dined on 8/23/2014The decor may make you feel like you're in a Mexican or Indian restaurant, but the food will not confuse you. It's delicious, traditional French food with some twists along the way. I ordered the filet with foia gras, which was cooked to perfection and oh so decadent. For dessert, we ordered the cream puffs and the chocolate lava cake, both of which were absolute HEAVEN. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014great menu selection. cool area. laid back atmosphere. service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Of another timembg22Dined on 8/15/2014La Sirene reminds me of an old fashioned frozen-in-time restaurant that is happy with the status quo. Nothing about it is special. Neither the decor, the food, the menu. My beet salad was nothing special. Quail was so-so; hard to remove from the bone, but not really that great tasting either. I guess I would say that my dessert: creme puffs (which I ordered with a side of strawberries) was perfection. So, I left with a happy heart!
- tremendous find.personVIPDined on 8/8/2014What a wonderful find. The food was an absolute A+, the service was impeccable, and the place is a gorgeous little gem - romantic, quiet, quaint, artistic. I cannot see how anyone could give a critical review of the food or ambiance.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Absolutely love this place. Never fails to please. Everything is great here.Special Features:
- very goodwillardDined on 7/31/2014very good food both traditional & inventive. oddly, now in high summer, many dishes on the menu belong on the winter menu--cassoulet, coq au vin & a few others. but we look forward to trying them this winter. lastly, lowering the prices slightly might be good for business--a bit pricey now.Special Features:
- near the Holland TunnelctltribecaVIPDined on 7/27/2014No longer a BYOB. While we dined, we saw more than several potential diners arrive with their wine and then leave before sitting when they learned of the hefty corkage fee.Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious!JaciDined on 7/26/2014I truly enjoyed dinner here on Saturday night. It was a rather quiet night, with only a few tables occupied by other hungry patrons. Service was great as our server recommended a few options to us. Dinner was delicious. I would gladly go back.Special Features:
- IsabellaDined on 7/12/2014Great food and very good service! Mussels were delicious, never had one like these before. Really good.Special Features:
- Great servicevisitingVIPDined on 7/9/2014I ordered the lamb chops and they came raw. When I sent them back they came back the same. Not sure what is up with the cooks. Servers are fabulous. She noticed that I did not eat and took some money off the bill and gave us dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Try it, outstanding French food in a tiny restaurant, good service with a typical European like ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to like it moreOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/24/2014Went in with no expectations. Liked menu and setting. Excellent service. Appetizers were five stars. Entrees were slightly off - steak was too rare and pork had too much black pepper. Profiteroles for dessert were soggy.Special Features:
- Fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/15/2014The food at La Sirene is outstanding. However, if you sit by the open windows, there is constant horn blowing by traffic trying to get into the tunnel.Special Features:
- Simple and sophisticatedERAckDined on 6/5/2014The place itself is very charming. Small tables and well-decorated. This restaurant was listed in an article I'd read as being one of the most romantic dinner places in NY, but perhaps our 7pm reservation was too early for the romantic vibe, because they were playing pop music for most of dinner and didn't put the candles down until 8. It was still a very cute set-up and our food was phenomenal. The goat cheese tart appetizer is worth the price, and the shared vegetable platter which comes with the entrees was very buttery and delicious. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. Definitely worth a look!Special Features:
- Expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014So I read the reviews on "Tripadvisor" and made reservations with my wife. The place: Small restaurant, nothing special and warm inside, we were glad to be seated nest to the window or street. Food: Steamed muscles were NOT good at all, expected much more from a French restaurant. appetizers were mediocre at best. The main dish steak in red souse was delicious. Service: one waiter, ok service
- Little French GemAliGVIPDined on 5/23/2014Thank you Open Table for introducing me to this delictible French gem. The menu is both creative and traditional, and the wine list well curated. The tables are somewhat cramped and the staff somewhat harried, but both add to the ambience of a true Parisian cafe. The menu notes from the chef and somalier were helpful in selecting both food and wine - and everything our group of four ordered was outstanding. The food is VERY French. Don't miss the pear with blue cheese appetizer, the goat cheese tart or the octopus salad. The Duck and Cassoulet were the main course hits, and the vegetables a delightful treat. Lamb and seafood linguini were also good. Save room for the profiteroles, which were some of the best we've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choicepinkyDined on 5/23/2014I agree with many others that the food is great and the portions are a bit small but very satisfying. Very friendly service. The snails were a bit small, liked the curried mussels but might get the moules marinières next time. The mussels themselves were a bit small and a bit overwhelmed by the sauce. The tournedos Rossini is sensational but quite small. Loved the profiteroles as well. Excellent bread.Special Features:
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2014Extraordinary food. our group ate every morsel, everything from cassoulet to pistachio crusted duck breast to tender flank steak to perfect French onion soup. Must have cheese tartlet appetizer. Memorable meal for special occasion.Special Features:
- First RateOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/21/2014Although we have lived in the neighborhood for years, we just went for the first time. What a delightful surprise! Perfectly executed classic French cuisine, nicely varied large menu and very attentive, friendly service. A tad on the expensive side but we will definitely return many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 846 reviews are from the La Sirene reviews archive.
- Wonderful find!deborahpVIPDined on 5/1/2014We stumbled into this place as we were at theater in the neighborhood. The salads were so fresh that they reminiscent as the ones I've had when friends have just picked the lettuce from their garden minutes before serving. The quail was delicious. The vegetables were marvelous- pureed, with a plate of 4 different vegetables. Filled with butter, but absolutely delicious! I can't praise this restaurant enough.Special Features:
- Always a must!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/27/2014I love this restaurant and will be back again and again! Thank you!Special Features:
- Siren Beware!ExpatriotDined on 4/12/2014Loud behavior of several diners ruined our evening. Couldn't get them to quiet down. Waiters not at all helpful. Multiple waiters stopped to ask for additional orders and drinks; never asked how meals were. Food mediocre. Escargots cool to warm! The rushed feeling was unmistakable. The restaurant was only half full on a Sat nite at 8PM. Very expensive. Never again.Special Features:
- love this placeOkidok19Dined on 4/11/2014Their Mussels appetizer was excellent and I liked some other small dishes as well. We weren't too hungry so we didn't order any main but shared some small plates with a bottle of wine. They used to do byob but not anymore. Although the wine list was pretty good and the price was okay too. Not a lot but enough for easy drinking.Special Features:
- Really tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2014Very cool little spot off the beaten path. Very good food and very good service. Classic mussels were fantastic and make sure your get extra bread for the yumminess at the bottom of the bowl. I had the duck with cherry reduction. Really fantastic. My boy had the rock bass. He liked it a lot. Decent bottle of red for the price too. It was cool for us but would probably be perfect for a date...kinda intimate setting. Next time I'll bring my girl. Def going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 22fromMassDined on 4/4/2014A cozy restaurant with friendly, attentive staff. Food was great. Escargot were outstanding. Service was promptSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly service and fabulous foodAndreaDined on 3/31/2014It was a Monday night, and we were looking for a quaint restaurant in the outskirts if soho. We found a gem. The ravioli appetizer was divine! Rack of lamb prepared just right. Opted for two deserts - banana brule and cream puffs. We were in heaven. The service was impeccable. Not noisy, but plenty of atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate, Very Good and StylishCitizenKaneDined on 3/22/2014The context: dinner with friends not seen in 20 years. Restaurant was culled from Yelp without any previous direct experience or referral. Ambience: small, well-appointed restaurant with understated decor. Friendly hostess who provided info that the restaurant next door was with the same owner but specializing in fondue. Not too much info, not too little (I was curious). Food: We ordered four appetizers and two entries with two bottles of wine, the second bottle, the Malbec, being much preferred. The restaurant was very accommodating in helping us share all the dishes. Escargot was very good, and everyone very pleased all round with other dishes. If not absolutely top notch, a very good deal for the price. Would repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French FoodeconoinkerVIPDined on 3/15/2014Everything was tasty. I think that it was a little bit pricey given the quality of the food, but not terribly out of line.Special Features:
- Amazing dinner with wifePaulDined on 3/13/2014The hangar steak was incredible, best I've had in years. Service was top notch, and the owner spent a lot of time chatting with us. Perfect place for a date, would absolutely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazing!MikeDined on 3/13/2014Found on-line under BYOB ... no longer BYOB. Not to worry, had a nice Malbec. Food was exceptionally good. Shared goat cheese tart to start; unbelievably good. Then curry'd mussels ... best ever, very flavorful! clean mussels in a curry cream sauce with onions and apples ... plenty of good bread for dipping! Finally we shared the rack of lamb - well cooked and delicious. For dessert, I had the profiterals (big enough for two) and my wife had an apple tart. Server staff was very friendly and enjoyable, although not at the top of their game. Chef/owner stopped out to answer a few questions ... obviously very passionate about food! ... and charming. Will definitely go back because the food was so good! The ambiance left a lot to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect nightmikesarahDined on 3/6/2014Magnifique. Superb. Food was flawless in its presentation and execution. Coq au vin was amazing. Mussels in curry with diced apples and ravioli were delicious and portions just right. Our server was patient and professional and allowed to dine without too much attention. Restaurant is cosy. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well done, well executedRichCDined on 3/1/2014had a great time. wife's birthday and they did do a candle - they read the request on the reservation. food was excellent - the mussels are as good as everyone says they are - extremely fresh and very tasty. had the original.Special Features:
- no more byobFrenchyfunDined on 2/22/2014There is no more BYOB. They broke my heart. I got the call to remind me of the reservation and my face fell. I still like the food and service. As of February 23rd their bar was not complete. They have a limited selection, and no mixed drinks. You probably should pay the corkage fee.I still like the place. I have been going there from long island since it opened in 2007.I would recommend this to a friend.
- one word awsome great smalldg1127Dined on 2/17/2014one word awsome great small resturant feel, cosy, food was great highly recommend the porkSpecial Features:
- Valentine's day dinnerfoodieDined on 2/14/2014After I made a reservation for Valentine's day dinner, I received a call from the restaurant; I was told that I had to pay $100 to hold the reservation. It seemed suspicious, but that money was honored when I was cashing out at dinner. Escargots were amazing! They are served in shells and are just yummy. Steak with Fois Gras melted in my mouth! We weren't thrilled by the desserts (we were served an assortment), but we were happy with the meal overall so it didn't matter.Special Features:
- Valentines day effectTorontoSmithDined on 2/14/2014Expected more on valentines day but got a so so experience. The last time we ate at this restaurant everything was super delisch. This time not so much.