1012 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lascaladining.com/
- Phone: 4107839209x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nino Germano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available for pickup or delivery, both lunch and dinner. Please contact a manager for details.
- Entertainment: Home to Baltimore's only indoor bocce ball court! Available on a first-come first-serve basis for dinner customers only. Can also be rented out for $75/hour
- Special Events: - Happy Hour - Mon-Fri 4:30 - 7 and Sun 3-8. Try our new MEXITALIAN menu!
- Wine dinners throughout the year.
- Special Happy Hours monthly.
Send your email and home address so we can update you on all of our upcoming events
- Cross Street: S. Central/Exeter
- Public Transit: We offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from all downtown hotels.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer valet 7 nights a week. Cost is $8 per car. Street parking is also available for 3 hours, and the Little Italy Parking Garage is just around the corner.
A word from La Scala
Welcome to La Scala Ristorante Italiano, regional Italian cuisine at its finest. In Milan, La Scala is known for great music; in Little Italy, La Scala means great food!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Scala - Best Restaurants in Little Italy ›
La Scala reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (94)special occasion (88)romantic (75)fit for foodies (74)notable wine list (71)good for groups (45)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The wait staff was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly and the food was wonderful! Our meals were prepared wonderfully and we have zero complaints. That was the best meal we've had in a while. Our expectations were high and we were not disappointed. My husband and I had a wonderful date.Special Features:
- little Italy GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014Food and service was wonderful. Due to unexpected traffic, we were significantly late in arriving and host went above and beyond to accommodate us. The owner/chef stopped by several times to ask us how the food and service was and recommended an excellent wine to accompany our dinner. My new favorite restaurant in Baltimore's Little Italy.Special Features:
- a Baltimore must go tounionsiDined on 10/15/2014Experience started when "George" picked us up from our hotel and delivered us to the front door of La Scala. George was entertainment himself and added to the whole lively experience. Once we got to restaurant, the staff were friendly, knowledgeable and service was top notch. Food--there were so many things to pick from..we love pastas so we had the risotto one night and gnocchis the following night in a marinara sauce which melt in your mouth delicious. Pass on calamari, too rubbery but hot Cesar salad great, appetizer of mozzarella breaded with proscetta in the middle was exquisite..wines galore. Lemoncello too...cannolis great..can mix. Crust flaky and not too thick..the bruschetta also worth having. cold braised green beans a yesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsMSFAVIPDined on 10/14/2014All was great. Our server Bulat was outstanding. I get in a rut and always order veal. The Espresso Martini is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable meal!4theluvuvfoodVIPDined on 10/12/2014I'm from out of town and have been to Italy 6 times. By any measure, this was a special meal. Every dish was outstanding with fresh ingredients and wonderful flavor. Grilled Caesar salad was unique and incredible. The cuori di carciofi was a perfect combination of tangy artichoke hearts, sweet lump crab, salty capers, and rich lemon butter sauce. The gamberi fra diavolo was deliciously spicy with perfectly cooked shrimp. The veal chop special with mushrooms was simple, but elegant and extremely satisfying. The most amazing dish, however, was the spaghetti alla carbonara. The pasta was so fresh and cooked perfectly al dente. We savored every bite. I can't imagine visiting Baltimore and not eating at La Scala.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Little Italy Restaurantkaboyd5Dined on 10/12/2014This is a nice place to go in Little Italy, we like to take our family there when they visit. It's a great representation of Little Italy, and the food is generally really good. I ordered a steak and was not impressed this time though. Their pasta is always fresh and flavorful.Special Features:
- Veggiediners2VIPDined on 10/11/2014Authentic Italian food in little Italy. The cheese board we created was underwhelming and pedestrian, not worth the $5 you spend per type of cheese. Vodka sauce is delicious. Arrabiatta sauce was too spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WasserboyDined on 10/11/2014A great place in the heart of Little Italy. An extensive wine list, the majority from Italy. Service was impeccable and the food was fantastic. If you have enough room for dessert, try the lemon cannoli....oh so good!Special Features:
- Lascala was Excellent againMikeCDined on 10/10/2014Just a fantastic restaurant with amazing food and service. The overall experience was fabulous. Do not skip on the canoli!! Can't reccomend Lascal enough!Special Features:
- MissileManDined on 10/10/2014We come here maybe 2-3 times a year when traveling into Baltimore Inner Harbor area. Food and Service have always been excellent, we enjoy the neighborhood setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous!TexasFoodieDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I had a wonderful evening at La Scala. The food was spectacular, from the amuse bouche through to the dessert. As we were seated, we were served a lovely little plate of fresh green beans, quickly cooked and marinated in olive oil, vinegar, and a generous amount of garlic. Yummy! The crusty Italian bread arrived at our table warm, with the lightest olive oil ever for dipping. Delicious! Do not pass on the grilled Caesar salad. The best I've ever had. Our main courses, veal saltimbocca and sea bass were stellar. Although we didn't have the space for dessert, we couldn't pass up the tiramisu! All in all, we loved every minute of being at La Scala. Can't wait to go back to Baltimore so we can visit again.Special Features:
- One of the GreatsZachDined on 10/3/2014La Scala was quite possibly the greatest dining experiences i've had in years. Parking was cheap and easy to find, we were seated quickly and our orders were taken right away, the staff was extremely friendly, the food came out quickly and it was absolutely delicious and completely worth what you pay for it.Special Features:
- Great Experience - great food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2014We had a group of 6 for dinner. The entrance was very attractive and we were greeted immediately. We stood at the bar while our table was being prepared which was a bit awkward as we were in the way of servers trying to get through the aisle. Our server was great. He had a great sense of humor and explained all the specials which all sounded wonderful. The atmosphere was very lively and it was fun to see people playing Bacchi Ball. We would definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in Little Italy!brookadenDined on 9/20/2014We always feel like we are coming home as soon as we step in the door. We have only been a couple times, but each time they welcome us like we are good friends coming back. The service is fabulous and the food is fantastic!! I wouldn't go any other place in Little Italy!! Nino is wonderful and happy to help. Bulat was a wonderful server and very informative. Wonderful authentic Italian food... makes you feel like you are back in Italy. Don't forget to have an espresso martini!! Yum! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/19/2014We shared two pasta dishes and we very impressed by both. The carbonara was one of the best my husband has ever eaten. We will definitely go back when in Baltimore. They even gave the care and complete service to provide a shuttle to our hotel.Special Features:
- ExcellentSurpriseDined on 9/18/2014Service was excellent and timely, flavors and quantity of food were fantastic and they take reservations. I enjoyed the grilled ceasar salad which had a nice taste without being overwhelming. Veal with colossal shrimp and crab with an old bay cream sauce over was amazing. It was quite a bit of food. Bocci ball downstairs indoors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow-what a nice dinnerBostonTerrierDined on 9/18/2014Have the grilled Caesar salad. Don't miss the shrimp entres, and always choose one of the specials! Make sure to save room for a cannoli for desert. We will certainly visit again. Chef Nino is a great host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014You just don't find restaurants like this anymore!!! Willing do anything to make your dining experience the best. We're from the DC area but anytime we're in Baltimore we always go to Little Italy. And La Scala ranks as the top restaurant to go to. Salud...Special Features:
- Very TastyIrishGuyDined on 9/14/2014Found La Scala on Zagat. Had driven past it many times. Food and service were excellent. Grilled Ceasar salad to start was very good. Veal chop with mushrooms was very good. My son had the filet on veal scallopini and my wife had the Chicken Baltimore. No complaints - they were too busy eating. Cream puffs for desert. Wasn't hungry when we left but were not stuffed either - just right. Would go there anytime.
- Lost for 15 years -- now foundlostandfoundDined on 9/14/2014My cousins introduced us. Never knew there was an upstairs she couldn't walk the stairs. They died, we forgot the name. Remembered the name when we booked a trip to Italy going to La Scala. Loved our dinner experience. Great way to celebrate an anniversary.Special Features:
- Very satisfied with my choice.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Had Italian guests to entertain. They also enjoyed their experience very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!liveforromanceDined on 9/10/2014The fig appetizer was fantastic, the grilled Caesar was wonderful, the service was outstanding. We loved it and I'm Italian and very picky about eating at Italian restaurants. This one is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonsoVIPDined on 9/7/2014Still my favorite ( and Baltimore's Best!) Italian restaurant! Had a wonderful meal and great time as usual. Nino, Ches and Momma are the best!Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Excited to try this quaint, Italian restaurant. Could not understand much about the specials or food dry to the server's heavy accent (not Italian). Disappointed in the steak, side dishes, & dessert, esp. for the price paid.Special Features:
- OutstandingPPGSTAUGDined on 9/6/2014Everything was outstanding: Food - Service - ValueSpecial Features:
- Little Italy BaltimoreJoeADined on 8/31/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. Very good food. Slightly pricey. But, worth it occasionally. Our, bill for 6 was $95/per with 3 bottles of wine. The only thing that bothered me, was with a bill like that, don't bring me an appetizer with 5 portions with 6 people. Throw the extra fig on the plate!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mean servicehampdenfoodieDined on 8/30/2014I brought friends here from out of town to celebrate my husband's birthday. I was embarrassed how bad the service was. Our server acted as if he couldn't be bothered to even put our dishes in front of us nicely. I specifically told them that it was my husband 's birthday when I made and confirmed the reservation and they told me they would bring out dessert to him with a candle. After waiting and after everyone finished their dessert and coffee I had to flag down our grumpy waiter to remind him. Only then did he come out begrudgingly with a tiny piece of cake and a candle. It was pitiful and sad and I'm so upset my husband had to spend his birthday here. I will never return to la scala again.
- Great dining experiencenew2BaltimoreDined on 8/30/2014Great casual dining environment, great food, fair price. The service crew was attentive and patient as we had questions about the menu and wanted to know about the specials. The spinach and sausage stuffed chicken dinner special was amazing.Special Features:
- Food very good, prices high.CannoliLoverDined on 8/30/2014Our dining experience at La Scala was very good. The ambiance was very nice, loved the bocce ball court! We were shocked at how high the prices were. Two glasses of wine was $20. Appetizers were ~$16.00 each. The lemon cannoli's (which brought us back there after many years) were $10.00 each. We couldn't believe that dessert cost the same as a glass of wine. Overall, the food was flavorful and the presentation was nice. Due to the high prices, we won't be going back.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicebrobins1Dined on 8/29/2014If you are planning on dining at this restaurant ask to sit upstairs. We dined on a Friday night and was seated on the first floor that was a short distance from the bar. The bar was crowed with several loud obnoxious patrons making our experience unpleasant.Special Features:
- Little Italy in downtown BaltimoreDandMDined on 8/27/2014This was the second time we have been to La Scala. The first was to visit Loyola University Maryland campus. The second time was to drop our twin boys off at the Loyola University Maryland. Both visits the food was outstanding. Between the four of us, we had veal, chicken, pasta and eggplant. All were prepared to order and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerAnniversaryDined on 8/23/2014We have been here several times and eac time it only gets better. The food and the staff are awesome.Special Features:
- Reliable High QualityJimHVIPDined on 8/21/2014I love LaScala for many reasons. Among them is the constantly delicious food, great wine and superior service. I've enjoyed going there for the last year and a half with by myself, with friends and even large work groups. Nino and the family there do a great job no matter what your occasion. It's a solid "can't go wrong" choice.Special Features:
- awesomedonnawDined on 8/20/2014Loved the food, it was like being in Tuscany!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great Italian!easterdiner404Dined on 8/20/2014La Scala is the go-to restaurant when I want delicious Italian food. My party ordered a little bit of everything - fig appetizers, spaghetti ala carbonara, chicken/pancetta/mozzarella, shrimp/scallop pasta, steak/veal... everything was really good. Service is friendly and helpful, ambience is lovely.Special Features:
- OutstandingDenverDined on 8/16/2014Great meal, perfect service. This was a first date spot and both of us were impressed with the meal and the ambiance. Perfect night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La ScalaLaScalaDined on 8/16/2014La Scala is a beautiful restaurant in Baltimore's Little Italy. The cuisine is delicious Italian fare. The servers are friendly and knowledgeable. The owner/chef is marvelous. There is a wide variety of selections on the menu, and they have a nice selection of specials. The homemade cannoli's are to die for. Perfect restaurant for a special occasion. Highly recommend this eating establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally Got HereHankmarvin1948Dined on 8/16/2014I loved the place. Disappointed that there were no meatballs or eggplants. Had veal parm...it was good but soggy on bottom . Friend had chicken Marsala ...perfect. Grilled Salad was also very good. I would go again and keep using open table to insure I get it each timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experienceluv2eatDined on 8/15/2014A friend was visiting and wanted Italian. Chose La Scala based on the Baltimore Magazine and was not disappointed. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decadent and DivineTaylaDined on 8/15/2014Our reservations were a breeze to have honored. Table ready and wait staff were personable and professional. Well versed in the ingredients and menu selections. The meals were heavenly to the taste buds. The sauces smooth and flavorful. The appetizers were warm and presented in a timely manner. I highly recommend them for small gatherings. The few negatives I had as a guest there is that: The day we choose to dine was also a Rehearsal Wedding Group that deafened any chance of a quiet dinner with family. Granted a business thrives on large groups. Even though we were on the upper area, Their voices carried. The Owner makes sure to thank each guest prior to departure. Personable and Hospitable. Makes you feel welcomed!Special Features: