1012 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lascaladining.com/
- Phone: 4107839209x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nino Germano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available for pickup or delivery, both lunch and dinner. Please contact a manager for details.
- Entertainment: Home to Baltimore's only indoor bocce ball court! Available on a first-come first-serve basis for dinner customers only. Can also be rented out for $75/hour
- Special Events: - Happy Hour - Mon-Fri 4:30 - 7 and Sun 3-8. Try our new MEXITALIAN menu!
- Wine dinners throughout the year.
- Special Happy Hours monthly.
Send your email and home address so we can update you on all of our upcoming events
- Cross Street: S. Central/Exeter
- Public Transit: We offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from all downtown hotels.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer valet 7 nights a week. Cost is $8 per car. Street parking is also available for 3 hours, and the Little Italy Parking Garage is just around the corner.
A word from La Scala
Welcome to La Scala Ristorante Italiano, regional Italian cuisine at its finest. In Milan, La Scala is known for great music; in Little Italy, La Scala means great food!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Scala - Best Restaurants in Little Italy ›
La Scala reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (99)special occasion (96)romantic (79)fit for foodies (74)notable wine list (69)good for groups (49)vibrant bar scene (18)great for outdoor dining (16)late-night find (12)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Mean serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014I brought friends here from out of town to celebrate my husband's birthday. I was embarrassed how bad the service was. Our server acted as if he couldn't be bothered to even put our dishes in front of us nicely. I specifically told them that it was my husband 's birthday when I made and confirmed the reservation and they told me they would bring out dessert to him with a candle. After waiting and after everyone finished their dessert and coffee I had to flag down our grumpy waiter to remind him. Only then did he come out begrudgingly with a tiny piece of cake and a candle. It was pitiful and sad and I'm so upset my husband had to spend his birthday here. I will never return to la scala again.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Great casual dining environment, great food, fair price. The service crew was attentive and patient as we had questions about the menu and wanted to know about the specials. The spinach and sausage stuffed chicken dinner special was amazing.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicebrobins1Dined on 8/29/2014If you are planning on dining at this restaurant ask to sit upstairs. We dined on a Friday night and was seated on the first floor that was a short distance from the bar. The bar was crowed with several loud obnoxious patrons making our experience unpleasant.Special Features:
- Little Italy in downtown BaltimoreDandMDined on 8/27/2014This was the second time we have been to La Scala. The first was to visit Loyola University Maryland campus. The second time was to drop our twin boys off at the Loyola University Maryland. Both visits the food was outstanding. Between the four of us, we had veal, chicken, pasta and eggplant. All were prepared to order and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerAnniversaryDined on 8/23/2014We have been here several times and eac time it only gets better. The food and the staff are awesome.Special Features:
- Reliable High QualityJimHVIPDined on 8/21/2014I love LaScala for many reasons. Among them is the constantly delicious food, great wine and superior service. I've enjoyed going there for the last year and a half with by myself, with friends and even large work groups. Nino and the family there do a great job no matter what your occasion. It's a solid "can't go wrong" choice.Special Features:
- awesomedonnawDined on 8/20/2014Loved the food, it was like being in Tuscany!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great Italian!easterdiner404Dined on 8/20/2014La Scala is the go-to restaurant when I want delicious Italian food. My party ordered a little bit of everything - fig appetizers, spaghetti ala carbonara, chicken/pancetta/mozzarella, shrimp/scallop pasta, steak/veal... everything was really good. Service is friendly and helpful, ambience is lovely.Special Features:
- OutstandingDenverDined on 8/16/2014Great meal, perfect service. This was a first date spot and both of us were impressed with the meal and the ambiance. Perfect night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La ScalaLaScalaDined on 8/16/2014La Scala is a beautiful restaurant in Baltimore's Little Italy. The cuisine is delicious Italian fare. The servers are friendly and knowledgeable. The owner/chef is marvelous. There is a wide variety of selections on the menu, and they have a nice selection of specials. The homemade cannoli's are to die for. Perfect restaurant for a special occasion. Highly recommend this eating establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally Got HereHankmarvin1948Dined on 8/16/2014I loved the place. Disappointed that there were no meatballs or eggplants. Had veal parm...it was good but soggy on bottom . Friend had chicken Marsala ...perfect. Grilled Salad was also very good. I would go again and keep using open table to insure I get it each timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experienceluv2eatDined on 8/15/2014A friend was visiting and wanted Italian. Chose La Scala based on the Baltimore Magazine and was not disappointed. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decadent and DivineTaylaDined on 8/15/2014Our reservations were a breeze to have honored. Table ready and wait staff were personable and professional. Well versed in the ingredients and menu selections. The meals were heavenly to the taste buds. The sauces smooth and flavorful. The appetizers were warm and presented in a timely manner. I highly recommend them for small gatherings. The few negatives I had as a guest there is that: The day we choose to dine was also a Rehearsal Wedding Group that deafened any chance of a quiet dinner with family. Granted a business thrives on large groups. Even though we were on the upper area, Their voices carried. The Owner makes sure to thank each guest prior to departure. Personable and Hospitable. Makes you feel welcomed!Special Features:
- Great food!discerningdinerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Very nice restaurant with delicious food! Can't complain about anything except that the bartender wasn't very friendly (and he wasn't even busy...my friend and I were the only ones at the bar). Really enjoyed the dinner and the atmosphere. I would go again if I ever return to Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La ScalaLascalaDined on 8/11/2014Wonderful food with a owner and Chef who makes you feel like family, while creating dishes to meet your needs. Great anniversary meal! Outstanding collection of veal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehhmmmmVIPDined on 8/10/2014Just ok food. Waiter was nice but was the only one and service was slow. Nearby table had extremely loud patrons who basically ruined the entire dinner with their fighting and no one at the restaurant said anything to them. The only thing god was the over priced bottle of wine. Not worth the money.
- ChrisDined on 8/8/2014Had dinner with 5 old friends at La Scala. They made us feel at home. The food, drinks and service were all exceptional. Just wish we'd gotten there early so we could have fit a came of Bocce ball in.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Excellent food, wonderful service, great atmosphere! My family is Italian and we really observe Italian restaurants and look at all the details when we go to them. La Scala was OUTSTANDING in EVERY aspect we looked at. We will definitely come back to this restaurant many more times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not My favoriteDissapointingVIPDined on 8/2/2014Service was OK, not friendly at all, food also was just OK. Not kid friendly, not a lot of options, probably more of a couple place than a family restaurant. Personnel were dry, but effective. We have dined many places in Little Italy, in my opinion this is not worth the money or a second look.
- WonderfulgigglesDined on 8/2/2014The food was fantastic. The service was incredible. The chef sat down at our table and chatted with us about what we should order. We were all extremely pleased with the outcome. There is an indoor bocce court which makes for challenging conversation due to the echo/activity. But part of the loud and vibrant atmosphere is what makes it fun. I wouldn't go here for a quiet romantic dinner since you might have to shout your sweet nothings to be heard by your partner. But a large party or a family gathering would be fine in this lively atmosphere, since the food will make you forget that you can't hear all of the dinner conversation. The pasta was fresh. The flavors were amazing. The staff was attentive and super friendly. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Another Hit!IrishfoodcriticDined on 8/2/2014Love going to La Scala, great food and even better staff. Every visit we uncover another reason to return, one of our favorite restaurants in Baltimore!! See you soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always worth it!BradleyDined on 8/1/2014We travel a far bit to enjoy a dinner at La Scala and it is always worth it! The mozzarella special was divinely gorgeous...although it might have been a bit too much for just one person. I left room to enjoy the delicious sea bass special and strawberry/nutella crepe dessert too. You can count on all the specials to be memorable, yet pace yourself, so that you can enjoy each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner done rightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Took my mom there for her birthday. Downstairs is the bar and hightops, its a little more relax. Upstairs, beautiful decor, attentive service, lighting is extremely dim. Its romantic yet great for friends or family.The Fig wrapped in bacon and the jumbo shrimp appetizers- amazing. I had the shrimp and lobster- generous helping, seasoned and cooked perfectly and recommended the perfect white wine for it. Mom had the special veal, i had one bite- marvelous, cooked to perfection and my father had this grilled chicken and shrimp with gorgonzola cheese- melt in your mouth. AND THE DESSERT- tiramisu and espresso cannoli, pure caffeine love. Wish I tried a cheese tray, a whole menu of cheese and meats. Absolutely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedstealersDined on 7/31/2014I had the filet and my wife had the Bronzino. We had the waiter filet the bronzino for us. It was good but a fair amount of bones were left in. The filet was tender but not overly flavorful. The gnocchi and fried polenta was excellent. Our guest both ordered pasta and loved it. The bar area was fun and energetic with good happy hour choices. The restaurant was quieter and allowed for good conversation.Special Features:
- Bravo!BravoDined on 7/30/2014My daughter and I came to explore possible restaurants for a my son's wedding rehearsal dinner. We were delighted to find this charming and well appointed location near the venue. The waiter was very well versed in the menu, helpful without hovering, and the food, from appetizer to dessert, even more wonderful than I had expected. Suffice it to say, we will be contacting La Scala for our upcoming event.Special Features:
- The DaysTheDaysDined on 7/27/2014The food and service were excellent and the waiter was very friendly and nice to our family. The specials were all great and even the simplest dish was made perfect and the portion size just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Italian Food & AtmosphereViniVidiMangiDined on 7/26/2014La Scala has a vibrant and inviting atmosphere, and a bocci court on the ground level! Soft lighting, wood trim and spacious dining areas combine to create a sensuous architectural blend of the old and new worlds. Large capers and a delicate sauce made my veal piccata mouthwatering even if the veal was slightly more well then I prefer. My wife and I devoured fresh mortadella, robust prosciutto, and asiago and fontina cheeses from the Salumeria menu. We both enjoyed pasta with our entrees that was perfectly al dente and irresistable! Italian wines dominated the list with a wonderfully eclectic variety of grapes, regions and prices that should enable any diner to enjoy a great wine within their budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keoni1979Dined on 7/26/2014Our third visit, and each time a wonderful meal with great service. Both the chef and the manager visited our table to make sure we were enjoying ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night delightsamyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Our first dining experience at La Scala was wonderful. We sat outdoors on the veranda, pleasant breeze, very attentive service, excellent advice on what to order. The grilled Caesar salad was an appetizer winner. Veal Baltimore and Seafood Fra Diavolo were excellent. Our only disappointment is that it took so long to try this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Best food of the tripKathyhDined on 7/23/2014Lascala was recommended to is by a friend, along with other restaurants. We ended up making last minute reservations for a group of 9 and it ended up being the best meal of the week! Room was private, appetizers were amazing, and the dinner choices were unbelievable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A review with actual detailsLoraChemoNinjaDined on 7/22/2014We went to celebrate my life / battle against Breast Cancer. Reservations Sat @ 6:45, valet parking, seated in minutes. I had Red Sangria, grilled Caesar salad (awesome), Gorgonzola (loved it), Fettuccine Verdi Alla Bolognese (Awesome), specialty coffee (yummy) and strawberry crepe w/ chocolate (good). The night was magical. Warm, inviting, a buzz to it, the ambience etc. The staff will explain everything and the owner came to our table and again to us at the bar. We were checked on but it was not invasive, the owner talked with us and shook our hands. We even ran into old friends we haven't seen in forever. They moved into Little Italy and come to La Scala regularly. It was a wonderful night.Special Features:
- great anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Went for my anniversary, got a nice card at the table. Great service and food, and a free dessert and after dinner drink special for our anniversary. I wish I lived closer, but was a great evening!Special Features:
- yummyLeslieDined on 7/19/2014Food was delicious and waiter was more than accommodating, with an amazing list of specials. I do not like when specials are told by the waiter and he fails to tell the price of the dish.Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysnonnaDined on 7/19/2014We visit LaScalla whenever we are in Baltimore and as always the food was great. We took my sister and her husband there for the first time and they were very happy with the food. We had the grilled caesar salad which is a favorite of mine. My husband had the veal chop and as always was very good. Can't leave there without the cannolli - the shells are so light and the filling is great! My sister and my husband had the pineapple sorbet and said it was really good. Service is always good and very attentive. I never feel rushed when I am there even if the restaurant is crowded. I always appeciate it when the owner ot manager comes over to speak to you personally - which they did.Special Features:
- As Close to Perfect as it gets...Foodie1Dined on 7/17/2014Mostly everything was outstanding: the ambience, the service and the food. The martini was very good; however, it could have been better if it was ICED cold. The house- made gnocchi and bruschetta were the best I have ever had. The center cut veal chop ragu with fresh mushrooms was delicious. Dessert was a fresh Pesche Amareti and shared cannoli. Both were wonderful. La Scala's staff are to be commended: very pleasant, courteous and giving the feeling you are totally welcomed Our waiter, , Bulat , was very professional and gave outstanding service and answered our questions thoroughly. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to back niteslakecigarDined on 7/14/2014Two of a company meeting to try this spot. Loved the food, service and chef/owner. So switched next evening's larger group dinner to go back and all enjoyed it just as much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinning experienceTarsVIPDined on 7/14/2014Fantastic. As usual. Willie is one if the best servers in Greater BaltimoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Baltimore's Best for ItalianStevePDined on 7/12/2014I personally would suggest that you request a table away from the Bocci Ball court. While it is unique and different to have a court inside the restaurant, the tables that sit in the balcony above the courts are noisey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliciousatkmVIPDined on 7/12/2014I am a frequent flyer of La Scala and they have yet to disappoint. The ambience is great. There is an upscale, romantic feel in the dining area but a relaxed atmosphere in the bar. Who could not love a place with an indoor bocce court?? (which they encourage you to play during your visit and explain the rules if asked). I love the recent addition of the upstairs outdoor patio. The food is always delicious. My favorite is penne a la vodka! Very often they have a grilled octopus appetizer which is spectacular. Large wine selection and staff is very helpful with guiding wine/food pairing. If you are there early, they have a great happy hour food and drink menu. For those of you staying at a nearby hotel, they offer free shuttle service.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian foodretiredtravelerDined on 7/11/2014We had excellent Italian food trying many of the specials. Skip the dessert. It was average at best and very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.