1012 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lascaladining.com/
- Phone: (410) 783-9209
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nino Germano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available for pickup or delivery, both lunch and dinner. Please contact a manager for details.
- Entertainment: Home to Baltimore's only indoor bocce ball court! Available on a first-come first-serve basis for dinner customers only. Can also be rented out for $75/hour
- Special Events: - Happy Hour - Mon-Fri 4:30 - 7 and Sun 3-8. Try our new MEXITALIAN menu!
- Wine dinners throughout the year.
- Special Happy Hours monthly.
Send your email and home address so we can update you on all of our upcoming events
- Cross Street: S. Central/Exeter
- Public Transit: We offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from all downtown hotels.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer valet 7 nights a week. Cost is $8 per car. Street parking is also available for 3 hours, and the Little Italy Parking Garage is just around the corner.
A word from La Scala
Welcome to La Scala Ristorante Italiano, regional Italian cuisine at its finest. In Milan, La Scala is known for great music; in Little Italy, La Scala means great food!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Scala - Best Restaurants in Little Italy ›
La Scala reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (91)special occasion (89)fit for foodies (81)notable wine list (81)romantic (77)good for groups (59)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (8)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- BobbyDined on 11/23/2014Great food but atmosphere on Sunday afternoon without football didn't match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was an excellent experience. Amazing foodAnnapolisDined on 11/22/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant to others that like authentic Italian food. It was a dining experience. We did this for a birthday celebration and first time to restaurant; it was the perfect choice. You know it's good if you are still taking about it the next day!! Plus, how often do you get to meet the chef and owner on your way out to solicit feedback from you on the food. They care. No wonder they have been in business for 19 years this week. I am sure they will be in business another 20 if they keep doing what they are doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Scala was one of the best experiences everDanielDined on 11/22/2014They did a great job making us feel special, welcome, and as if we were the only people they were serving at the time. Food was great, service was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!LiveToDineDined on 11/21/2014Our first time here and overall it was a wonderful experience. We did arrive about 20 minutes earlier than our reservation, but enjoyed drinks at the bar while we were waiting. I highly recommend the Peach Bellini! Due to how busy it was on a Friday night, we unfortunately did not get seated until 15-20 minutes past our reservation time. The hostesses were nice about it though, and again, we continued to enjoy their full bar while we waited. Once seated, we enjoyed a fabulous dinner with an amazing homestyle italian flair. Definitely a great first impression and would definitely go back to try other items on their menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014The server wasnt around much. There were no meatballs on the menu. They are sorta essential for to be an "Italian" restauraunt. We ordered the garlic bread with cheese, which appeared to be a slice, similar to whats placed on a burger no red sauce was given with the garlic bread either. Kind of off for an Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious food, tired decorSkoochDined on 11/16/2014The food was really fantastic. The green beans they served at the opening of our meal were some of the best I have ever had. Finished every bite and wanted more. Impressive considering that I do not like green beans. My only suggestion for improvement is that the decor is cliche and tired. The exterior of the building is nice, but when we walked inside my hopes for a great meal were dampened a bit. I bet an investment of a few thousand dollars in paint, carpet, and lighting would have a huge impact. That said... food was outstanding and I will go back the next time I am in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceWAC3VIPDined on 11/11/2014Perfect evening. Greeted like we were family, waiter was attentive and knowledgeable, Food was outstanding. Start to finish a great experienceSpecial Features:
- FunFoodFanDined on 11/11/2014LaScala was recommended by a friend with good taste. The Food, Service and Location all made solid impressions on my date and me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentically Good FoodDyanneDined on 11/9/2014Went to La Scala on a weekend birthday celebration trip with my best friend. We are both Italian Americans and were in impressed with the quality of the food balanced with the "homemadeness". Immediately upon arrival we were provided with a plate of green beans and potatoes that rivaled my any we had ever tasted. Service was swift and gracious. My only small issue was I believe the server unsold the dessert and coffee. The chocolate cannoli and house made tiramisu were dreamy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014My date and I had a great experience at this restaurant. She loves wine as do I, so we shared a bottle as we waited for our reservation. We ended up getting great service and the food was excellent. She had gnocchi with a cream sauce and spinach. I tried it out and it was fantastic. I just had the penne al ragu, but it was very good.Special Features:
- Great food. Service a bit lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Food was great, ambiance was great, good energy level, but service was a bit lacking. While our server, for a table of 6, was very knowledgable and professional, he was not attentive. We did dine on a a busy Saturday night, but when you are spendng $75+/head for dinner, you should not have to ask for a glass of wine 3 times and wait close to 25 minutes for it. Have been here several times and always great food and friendly service, but could use some additional staff on a very busy Saturday night.Special Features:
- Sat@ table closest to kit-LOUDSofTimoniumDined on 11/8/2014Hello.. Delicious food.. Fine atmosphere ... But placed at round table for six close to NOIST swing door to kitchen.... VERY loud and busy..... Fun atmosphere. price of food and all~ deserved better quiet instead of all cleaning and more from kitchen..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousfreshfoodDined on 11/6/2014Extraordinarily prepared-generous portions and high quality ingredientsSpecial Features:
- CuzicanDined on 11/3/2014La Scala, good food, good service, nice place to be when you're away from home.Special Features:
- A Cousins DinnerAlanDined on 11/1/2014This was the third time we have dined at La Scala. We have enjoyed each time better then the last so this time we had "DeFalco Cousins Dinner" with 10 members of the family in attendance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencephillysgirlDined on 10/31/2014We loved this place. Great from the moment we walked in.. Very well trained wait staff.. excellent meat and cheese selection (we could have made this our main course..) Delicious wine menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/31/20143 different people 3 different tastes in food 3 totally sated home run!!!Special Features:
- Typical Little ItalyPJD7Dined on 10/22/2014One would hope to find a truly outstanding Italian restaurant in Little Italy. I had high hopes for La Scala. Based on the experience of my two dining companions and I - we are still looking. I believe it was James Beard who said that the quality of the bread was a good indicator of what was to follow. La Scala served us mediocre bread. Not a good omen. The food was "OK," not outstanding. The portions are very large but I would gladly trade quantity for quality. The kitchen has a heavy hand, particularly when it comes to cheese, which is over used. Good ambiance. Good service. But that's not enough to get me back. There are far better Italian restaurants in Baltimore but not in Little Italy.
- And they even pick you up!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014Food was outstanding, as was the service. We had a whole fish expertly filleted at the table. Also had a "grilled" Caesar salad which was very good. They have an indoor bocce ball court. They will even pick you up and return you to your hotel within a certain radius of the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!HappytummiesDined on 10/18/2014The wait staff was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly and the food was wonderful! Our meals were prepared wonderfully and we have zero complaints. That was the best meal we've had in a while. Our expectations were high and we were not disappointed. My husband and I had a wonderful date.Special Features:
- little Italy GempickydinerDined on 10/17/2014Food and service was wonderful. Due to unexpected traffic, we were significantly late in arriving and host went above and beyond to accommodate us. The owner/chef stopped by several times to ask us how the food and service was and recommended an excellent wine to accompany our dinner. My new favorite restaurant in Baltimore's Little Italy.Special Features:
- a Baltimore must go tounionsiDined on 10/15/2014Experience started when "George" picked us up from our hotel and delivered us to the front door of La Scala. George was entertainment himself and added to the whole lively experience. Once we got to restaurant, the staff were friendly, knowledgeable and service was top notch. Food--there were so many things to pick from..we love pastas so we had the risotto one night and gnocchis the following night in a marinara sauce which melt in your mouth delicious. Pass on calamari, too rubbery but hot Cesar salad great, appetizer of mozzarella breaded with proscetta in the middle was exquisite..wines galore. Lemoncello too...cannolis great..can mix. Crust flaky and not too thick..the bruschetta also worth having. cold braised green beans a yesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsMSFAVIPDined on 10/14/2014All was great. Our server Bulat was outstanding. I get in a rut and always order veal. The Espresso Martini is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable meal!4theluvuvfoodVIPDined on 10/12/2014I'm from out of town and have been to Italy 6 times. By any measure, this was a special meal. Every dish was outstanding with fresh ingredients and wonderful flavor. Grilled Caesar salad was unique and incredible. The cuori di carciofi was a perfect combination of tangy artichoke hearts, sweet lump crab, salty capers, and rich lemon butter sauce. The gamberi fra diavolo was deliciously spicy with perfectly cooked shrimp. The veal chop special with mushrooms was simple, but elegant and extremely satisfying. The most amazing dish, however, was the spaghetti alla carbonara. The pasta was so fresh and cooked perfectly al dente. We savored every bite. I can't imagine visiting Baltimore and not eating at La Scala.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Little Italy Restaurantkaboyd5Dined on 10/12/2014This is a nice place to go in Little Italy, we like to take our family there when they visit. It's a great representation of Little Italy, and the food is generally really good. I ordered a steak and was not impressed this time though. Their pasta is always fresh and flavorful.Special Features:
- Veggiediners2VIPDined on 10/11/2014Authentic Italian food in little Italy. The cheese board we created was underwhelming and pedestrian, not worth the $5 you spend per type of cheese. Vodka sauce is delicious. Arrabiatta sauce was too spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WasserboyDined on 10/11/2014A great place in the heart of Little Italy. An extensive wine list, the majority from Italy. Service was impeccable and the food was fantastic. If you have enough room for dessert, try the lemon cannoli....oh so good!Special Features:
- Lascala was Excellent againMikeCDined on 10/10/2014Just a fantastic restaurant with amazing food and service. The overall experience was fabulous. Do not skip on the canoli!! Can't reccomend Lascal enough!Special Features:
- MissileManDined on 10/10/2014We come here maybe 2-3 times a year when traveling into Baltimore Inner Harbor area. Food and Service have always been excellent, we enjoy the neighborhood setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous!TexasFoodieDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I had a wonderful evening at La Scala. The food was spectacular, from the amuse bouche through to the dessert. As we were seated, we were served a lovely little plate of fresh green beans, quickly cooked and marinated in olive oil, vinegar, and a generous amount of garlic. Yummy! The crusty Italian bread arrived at our table warm, with the lightest olive oil ever for dipping. Delicious! Do not pass on the grilled Caesar salad. The best I've ever had. Our main courses, veal saltimbocca and sea bass were stellar. Although we didn't have the space for dessert, we couldn't pass up the tiramisu! All in all, we loved every minute of being at La Scala. Can't wait to go back to Baltimore so we can visit again.Special Features:
- One of the GreatsZachDined on 10/3/2014La Scala was quite possibly the greatest dining experiences i've had in years. Parking was cheap and easy to find, we were seated quickly and our orders were taken right away, the staff was extremely friendly, the food came out quickly and it was absolutely delicious and completely worth what you pay for it.Special Features:
- Great Experience - great food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2014We had a group of 6 for dinner. The entrance was very attractive and we were greeted immediately. We stood at the bar while our table was being prepared which was a bit awkward as we were in the way of servers trying to get through the aisle. Our server was great. He had a great sense of humor and explained all the specials which all sounded wonderful. The atmosphere was very lively and it was fun to see people playing Bacchi Ball. We would definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in Little Italy!brookadenDined on 9/20/2014We always feel like we are coming home as soon as we step in the door. We have only been a couple times, but each time they welcome us like we are good friends coming back. The service is fabulous and the food is fantastic!! I wouldn't go any other place in Little Italy!! Nino is wonderful and happy to help. Bulat was a wonderful server and very informative. Wonderful authentic Italian food... makes you feel like you are back in Italy. Don't forget to have an espresso martini!! Yum! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/19/2014We shared two pasta dishes and we very impressed by both. The carbonara was one of the best my husband has ever eaten. We will definitely go back when in Baltimore. They even gave the care and complete service to provide a shuttle to our hotel.Special Features:
- ExcellentSurpriseDined on 9/18/2014Service was excellent and timely, flavors and quantity of food were fantastic and they take reservations. I enjoyed the grilled ceasar salad which had a nice taste without being overwhelming. Veal with colossal shrimp and crab with an old bay cream sauce over was amazing. It was quite a bit of food. Bocci ball downstairs indoors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow-what a nice dinnerBostonTerrierDined on 9/18/2014Have the grilled Caesar salad. Don't miss the shrimp entres, and always choose one of the specials! Make sure to save room for a cannoli for desert. We will certainly visit again. Chef Nino is a great host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014You just don't find restaurants like this anymore!!! Willing do anything to make your dining experience the best. We're from the DC area but anytime we're in Baltimore we always go to Little Italy. And La Scala ranks as the top restaurant to go to. Salud...Special Features:
- Very TastyIrishGuyDined on 9/14/2014Found La Scala on Zagat. Had driven past it many times. Food and service were excellent. Grilled Ceasar salad to start was very good. Veal chop with mushrooms was very good. My son had the filet on veal scallopini and my wife had the Chicken Baltimore. No complaints - they were too busy eating. Cream puffs for desert. Wasn't hungry when we left but were not stuffed either - just right. Would go there anytime.
- Lost for 15 years -- now foundlostandfoundDined on 9/14/2014My cousins introduced us. Never knew there was an upstairs she couldn't walk the stairs. They died, we forgot the name. Remembered the name when we booked a trip to Italy going to La Scala. Loved our dinner experience. Great way to celebrate an anniversary.Special Features:
- Very satisfied with my choice.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Had Italian guests to entertain. They also enjoyed their experience very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.