La Scala Italian Restaurant
312 Main St.
Lafayette, IN 47901Neighborhood:
Lafayette / West Lafayette
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Scala Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lascalaitalianrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (765) 420-8171
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Francisco "Paco" Seranno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from La Scala Italian Restaurant
Eat Fresh, Eat Well, Eat Local........Eat Better!! La Scala Italian Restaurant,voted the area"s Best Italian Restaurant, is located in historic downtown Lafayette and is owned by Chef Francisco "Paco" and Kirsten Serrano. We are a special destination restaurant and a great date spot, as well as an everyday eatery with a family friendly atmosphere. Our enormous menu pleases all. We have exquisite dinner entrees and great fast and filling lunches. We craft each dish when you order it from fresh, wholesome ingredients. We support and feature local products. Some of our produce even comes from the Chef's farm, Small Wonder Farm. Gluten Free and Whole Wheat pasta options are available. Our unique wines feature small producers worldwide and our premier martinis and cocktails are delicious. The concept for La Scala that we brought to the table originally and the same concept that guides the restaurant today is to serve the best classic Italian cuisine in an casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
La Scala Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Lafayette / West Lafayette ›
La Scala Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)neighborhood gem (58)fit for foodies (50)great for outdoor dining (41)romantic (37)good for groups (33)notable wine list (21)great for lunch (19)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Completely blown away.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014With four kids, my wife and I don't get out for dates much. And when we do, I hate paying for disappointment. And honestly, the food is what makes or breaks for me. The food at La Scale was amazing. I had the special, which was shrimp, scallops, green olives, roasted peppers and tomato with a brandy sauce served over pasta. It honestly was perhaps the best plate of food I've ever eaten. My wife was laughing because I wouldn't shut up between bites. Absolutely fantastic. Bread was good. Caesar salad and the house salad were awesome. Oh, and the calimari was absolutely amazing. They have a large menu and we can't wait to go back and explore! Entrees are roughly between $17 and $21, with many exceptions and options. Appetizers all around $10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedKimoDined on 11/15/2014Food was underwhelming, uninspired and heavily infused with garlic Knew we were in trouble when all the pasta dishes included chicken Wait staff was uninformed and unprofessional Service was inattentive The bartender was the only real pro in the place
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Food was excellent as always, our server was laid back and easy to get along with, yet professional at the same time. Plus the restaurant helped me organize my proposal to my girlfriend, and I'm very thankful. I always enjoy my visits here, and will continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the seafood specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014My wife and I loved the bruschetta and the seafood special (shrimp and scallops). Our server was very attentive. We did wait a while for our cocktails as there was a very large party seated before us, the bartender must have been swamped. Overall, very nice, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good overall experienceNicePlaceDined on 11/12/2014the portions & quality of the food was very good...nice atmosphere with a nice little bar attached to the dining room; they customized order w/o hesitationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2014Paid an extra $4 to share one entree. House red wine was good. Waiter was new, but didn't let the stress get to him. overall solid experience as usual.Special Features:
- AmazingKaciDined on 11/8/2014We had a special night planned out and everything went great staff worked with me to surprise my boyfriend. Waitress was sweet and and took great care of us. Best Italian food in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014This was a nice find in Lafayette since there are not many restaurants other than fast food or chain type. Very cozy and with a good selection of food choices. Staff very friendly and helpful with their favorite items. Our waiter told us they had remodeled this restaurant but it gave off more of a Mexican décor than Italian- that would be my only negative comment. Would definitely go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locally Sourced food a plusSkeezixDined on 10/25/2014Very good Italian fare made with locally sourced products.Special Features:
- An evening at LaScalaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Everything about this experience was positive. The food is very good as was the service and atmosphere. I would recommend La Scala to anyone and everyone.Special Features:
- accomodating spotBoilerKurtVIPDined on 10/17/2014quick service, knowledgeable waiter, accomodating for extra person in our party, and a friendly bartender...AND...Big Servings!
- Great meal, as alwaysRene81Dined on 10/6/2014We had a great experience recently! My husband wasn't as delighted with his meal, but I blame his attempt to be adventurous & ordering the veal. I got the spicy fettuccini, & it was fantastic! Our server was wonderful & I think that she definitely helped make our meal as great as it turned out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable fine dining.Walk4wineDined on 10/4/2014Great Food and service. We were seated at our requested reservation time. No waiting. Relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for making our night speicalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014This was my boyfriend's & I first time at La Scala! Food was amazing, service was outstanding, & the atmosphere was romantic! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban GemMoonbeamDined on 9/27/2014This is our second outing to La Scala an we are beginning to appreciate its terrific consistency. Though we had scheduled an 8:30 dinner, they were able to seat us an hour earlier at our last minute urging. Outdoor diners are not only treated to the their excellent cuisine, but a stunning view of the architecturally significant and brightly lit Lafayette court house. We look forward to our next visit and would enthusiastically recommend La Scala to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Italian food in LafayetteCotoguyDined on 9/26/2014The wait staff was great and the Italian food was wonderful. A great value. Next time we will sit in the bar area or outside to eat. Very nice.Special Features:
- Wonderful as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014This is my favorite spot to eat in Lafayette. Excellent food - Tomato Basil Soup YUMMMMM. Specials that night were wonderful and fresh. Also try the Tiramasu Martini.....Special Features:
- PurdueAlumDined on 9/20/2014The food was great, fresh and home-made and the service wonderful making it an enjoyable time. I'm never disappointed when I go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6FridayDinersDined on 9/19/2014The person who answered the phone went out of his way to seat our group of six outside as we had requested. Thanks so much! We enjoyed the outdoor atmosphere & the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemColtDined on 9/12/2014I've always loved this place. The food is always impressive, always top notch and I would compare it with any fine Italian restaurant in the nation.Special Features:
- Downtown GEMLCTCDined on 9/12/2014LaScala has matured into a real downtown gem in Lafayette. The unique setting as well as the quality of the food make this a special occasion place to go or just a night out with friends.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedTmadsonDined on 8/28/2014Great food always! Friendly staff and the martinis, wine list and speciality drinks outstanding. Best Iltalian food around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- N/ANAAAADined on 8/25/2014N/A aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top DinningColtDined on 8/23/2014I have eaten at LaScala's for many years. The food ranks with the great Italian food I've eaten in the Italian section of Boston, if not better. I'm so happy that this restaurant established here, Lafayette is VERY lucky. I must also say that the fresh greens in the salads have so improved over the years, best fresh salad in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible FoodSumatrabean1022VIPDined on 8/22/2014I got tenderloin medallions in a Gorgonzola sauce over penne, but it tastes nothing like the description. The meat was so chewy and overcooked it tasted like a cheap cube steak. There were two small crumbles of blue cheese on the dish, but aside from that, it would be impossible to tell this dish had any blue cheeee in it because it lacked any flavor, including salt. My mother had a veal dish that was appreciably better, but still underwhelming. The last time I went here a few years ago I had a risotto that tastes like a packet if Uncle Ben's rice. I guess they just can't step up their game. I won't be back, or if I so it'll be in a few years when I've forgotten how bad the food is.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014There are plenty of great places to eat in Lafayette but La Scala is one of my all time favorite. Best Gnocci's I've had since I moved back from Argentina!Special Features:
- Poor ServicePrSvcDined on 8/16/2014The new server had tables all over the restaurant and was not attentive to our table. We asked for different things that he didn't bring. We had to ask the server at the next table. It took a very long time to run our credit card and get the bill back to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First (of many to come) visitshoplocallyDined on 8/15/2014The only two things I can say that would be even remotely negative are: 1. Our waiter was new; it was his second day on the job. While this is not generally an issue, it was our first visit to the restaurant and it would have been more helpful to have someone more experienced with the menu for to explain things. 2. It would have been nice for a manager to have stopped at the table. I realize that this was a Friday night and the manager was busy, but would have been a nice topper to the meal. I have to say that the dining experience was very good. The food quality was excellent, the portion size for the cost was generous. The staff was very upbeat, our waiter was quite helpful and his knowledge of the menu will come with experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, a bit noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The food was, as always, very good. On the top end of "moderately priced". Noise was a bit high but in part that is because we were located at table that led to the outdoor seating.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Great evening for great food and enjoying the patio table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food reviewSassy81476TrainaDined on 8/14/2014Love the platter appetizer & bread but the entree's were so salty (salmon & lasagna). Just 3 stars. Need improvement on food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSteveWDined on 8/12/2014The food is very good and have taken several out of town friends there. Have taken several family member from out of state. The wine and beer list is moderate in price, but the selection is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- primopastaDined on 8/9/2014Hosted out of town guests for dinner. Their first visit to LaScala and they thoroughly enjoyed it. Food was excellent and we liked being able to eat outside.Special Features:
- MarieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Food was just okay! Have tried this restaurant four times this year. Everyone seems to like it. However, I find the food average and the service is okay. Waitstaff needs to refine their service quite a bit.
- The following 819 reviews are from the La Scala Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- A real treatriverpeopleDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful evening with friends at La Scala. The food was outstanding! Everything from the bread to the dessert was so yummy and the main courses were all excellent. We had great service, very attentive and a great personality. We love this place!! :-) We highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Trip To La ScalatsquaredDined on 7/25/2014I had gotten my wife a gift card for here for Christmas, because it looked like a nice quiet place. While the indoor dining looked really nice, we had waited until now, so that we could walk around and eat outside. The weather cooperated. Our reservations were at 7:00 and it was really quiet when we got there. It was packed by 7:30. The outside area was great though and our service (I think the waiter was Justin) was outstanding. The food was very good. I had the veal special and my wife had the Fontina fruit salad. The quantities was more than enough on both. My wife loved that it was all freshly prepared. Go there and enjoy your evening.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the foodIndianaVIPDined on 7/23/2014This was our first time dinning at La Scala's. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the usualDineAndLearnDined on 7/19/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants but we didn't receive the usual good service that we get when we dine here. Taking into mind that there was a festival going on and the restaurant was busy, but, there was only the 2 of us and we had reservations also. The waitress must've been tending bar also, but I couldn't tell which one she was doing for sure. She kept serving people that came to the bar instead of bringing us our drinks and then forgot our silverware. All in all, the food was delicious and we still love it there.Special Features:
- large family dinnergreatfoodDined on 7/19/2014La Scala has amazing food and atmosphere. Although it was very busy when we were there and we had a large group, the service was still very good and food delicious.Special Features:
- Never disappointingCVilleDinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014We always enjoy the food and service. I like the fact that they use fresh produce whenever possible, it makes such a difference in the tasted of the dishes. If you have room for dessert the Sorbet Truffle is beyond incredible! If you want a quieter experience skip sitting in the bar area.Special Features: