La Scala Italian Restaurant
312 Main St.
Lafayette, IN 47901Neighborhood:
Lafayette / West Lafayette
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Scala Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lascalaitalianrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 765-420-8171
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Francisco "Paco" Seranno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from La Scala Italian Restaurant
Eat Fresh, Eat Well, Eat Local........Eat Better!! La Scala Italian Restaurant,voted the area"s Best Italian Restaurant, is located in historic downtown Lafayette and is owned by Chef Francisco "Paco" and Kirsten Serrano. We are a special destination restaurant and a great date spot, as well as an everyday eatery with a family friendly atmosphere. Our enormous menu pleases all. We have exquisite dinner entrees and great fast and filling lunches. We craft each dish when you order it from fresh, wholesome ingredients. We support and feature local products. Some of our produce even comes from the Chef's farm, Small Wonder Farm. Gluten Free and Whole Wheat pasta options are available. Our unique wines feature small producers worldwide and our premier martinis and cocktails are delicious. The concept for La Scala that we brought to the table originally and the same concept that guides the restaurant today is to serve the best classic Italian cuisine in an casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
La Scala Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Lafayette / West Lafayette ›
La Scala Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)neighborhood gem (58)great for outdoor dining (57)fit for foodies (54)romantic (49)notable wine list (30)great for lunch (26)good for groups (26)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (8)scenic view (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)Show More
- Never DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Great food always! Friendly staff and the martinis, wine list and speciality drinks outstanding. Best Iltalian food around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- N/ANAAAADined on 8/25/2014N/A aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top DinningColtDined on 8/23/2014I have eaten at LaScala's for many years. The food ranks with the great Italian food I've eaten in the Italian section of Boston, if not better. I'm so happy that this restaurant established here, Lafayette is VERY lucky. I must also say that the fresh greens in the salads have so improved over the years, best fresh salad in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible FoodSumatrabean1022Dined on 8/22/2014I got tenderloin medallions in a Gorgonzola sauce over penne, but it tastes nothing like the description. The meat was so chewy and overcooked it tasted like a cheap cube steak. There were two small crumbles of blue cheese on the dish, but aside from that, it would be impossible to tell this dish had any blue cheeee in it because it lacked any flavor, including salt. My mother had a veal dish that was appreciably better, but still underwhelming. The last time I went here a few years ago I had a risotto that tastes like a packet if Uncle Ben's rice. I guess they just can't step up their game. I won't be back, or if I so it'll be in a few years when I've forgotten how bad the food is.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014There are plenty of great places to eat in Lafayette but La Scala is one of my all time favorite. Best Gnocci's I've had since I moved back from Argentina!Special Features:
- Poor ServicePrSvcDined on 8/16/2014The new server had tables all over the restaurant and was not attentive to our table. We asked for different things that he didn't bring. We had to ask the server at the next table. It took a very long time to run our credit card and get the bill back to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First (of many to come) visitshoplocallyDined on 8/15/2014The only two things I can say that would be even remotely negative are: 1. Our waiter was new; it was his second day on the job. While this is not generally an issue, it was our first visit to the restaurant and it would have been more helpful to have someone more experienced with the menu for to explain things. 2. It would have been nice for a manager to have stopped at the table. I realize that this was a Friday night and the manager was busy, but would have been a nice topper to the meal. I have to say that the dining experience was very good. The food quality was excellent, the portion size for the cost was generous. The staff was very upbeat, our waiter was quite helpful and his knowledge of the menu will come with experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, a bit noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The food was, as always, very good. On the top end of "moderately priced". Noise was a bit high but in part that is because we were located at table that led to the outdoor seating.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Great evening for great food and enjoying the patio table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food reviewSassy81476TrainaDined on 8/14/2014Love the platter appetizer & bread but the entree's were so salty (salmon & lasagna). Just 3 stars. Need improvement on food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSteveWDined on 8/12/2014The food is very good and have taken several out of town friends there. Have taken several family member from out of state. The wine and beer list is moderate in price, but the selection is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- primopastaDined on 8/9/2014Hosted out of town guests for dinner. Their first visit to LaScala and they thoroughly enjoyed it. Food was excellent and we liked being able to eat outside.Special Features:
- MarieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Food was just okay! Have tried this restaurant four times this year. Everyone seems to like it. However, I find the food average and the service is okay. Waitstaff needs to refine their service quite a bit.
- A real treatriverpeopleDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful evening with friends at La Scala. The food was outstanding! Everything from the bread to the dessert was so yummy and the main courses were all excellent. We had great service, very attentive and a great personality. We love this place!! :-) We highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Trip To La ScalatsquaredDined on 7/25/2014I had gotten my wife a gift card for here for Christmas, because it looked like a nice quiet place. While the indoor dining looked really nice, we had waited until now, so that we could walk around and eat outside. The weather cooperated. Our reservations were at 7:00 and it was really quiet when we got there. It was packed by 7:30. The outside area was great though and our service (I think the waiter was Justin) was outstanding. The food was very good. I had the veal special and my wife had the Fontina fruit salad. The quantities was more than enough on both. My wife loved that it was all freshly prepared. Go there and enjoy your evening.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/23/2014This was our first time dinning at La Scala's. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the usualDineAndLearnDined on 7/19/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants but we didn't receive the usual good service that we get when we dine here. Taking into mind that there was a festival going on and the restaurant was busy, but, there was only the 2 of us and we had reservations also. The waitress must've been tending bar also, but I couldn't tell which one she was doing for sure. She kept serving people that came to the bar instead of bringing us our drinks and then forgot our silverware. All in all, the food was delicious and we still love it there.Special Features:
- large family dinnergreatfoodDined on 7/19/2014La Scala has amazing food and atmosphere. Although it was very busy when we were there and we had a large group, the service was still very good and food delicious.Special Features:
- Never disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/18/2014We always enjoy the food and service. I like the fact that they use fresh produce whenever possible, it makes such a difference in the tasted of the dishes. If you have room for dessert the Sorbet Truffle is beyond incredible! If you want a quieter experience skip sitting in the bar area.Special Features:
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Our server was trained properly: he reached across the table in front of me twice while I was taking a drink and eating. He ran his hand through his hair seveal times right on top of my wife's wine glass. When the indoors was full. the noise level made it impossible for me to hear across the table (way beyong "energenic"). I will try eating on the patio again - it was nice more pleasant, but the server training issue appears to be a constant from previous visits. The food is fair Italian, good for Lafayette but I spent 15 years in Chicago.
- Fine Italian Dining - LaFayetteauntverasdayDined on 7/12/2014I travel from Milwaukee annually to take my elderly aunt out to dinner for her birthday. This is the third time in a row that we all have returned to La Scala's. The menu is exceptional, the wine list is very extensive, and the service is always good. They were very accommodating in providing us a table that fit our needs. This restaurant has quickly taken a spot in my heart as one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Fabulous find!!enjoyfoodDined on 7/12/20142nd time we've eaten there this year and can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyMegandtimDined on 7/9/2014La Scala is our favorite occasion spot. It isn't any more expensive than olive garden and the experience and food alike are leaps and bounds above chain Italian. They hand make a lot (if not all) of their pasta and use local produce that they often grow. We have never been disappointed. Especially nice to have such great ambience and still be able to take the kids with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restauranthungrygirlDined on 7/2/2014This is the place to go for fantastic food and service.Special Features:
- June 26, 2014Js479Dined on 6/26/2014Server was very helpful in answering our questions and helping us make our selections. The tomato soup was outstanding and the seafood dishes were very good - fresh tasting and serving size was generous. The tiramisu was probably the best I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014I took my girlfriend to La Scala for our second date and it was great. One of us was a little late but the servers were great about our reservation. They knew, without being told, we were on a date and were looking for something special. They sat us in quiet little corner where we could talk quietly. The service was amazing and fast! They checked on us the perfect number of times where it was never am interruption into our conversation. The ambiance was romantic. The "farm to fork" food was to notch and the prices were amazing! I have, and will continue to recommend this place too my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic & LovelyDivineDiningDined on 6/20/2014Me and my wife were very eager to eat here again as this was the location of our first dinner date. The hostess was very friendly and made it possible to sit in the same exact seat as we did on our first date. The food is always wonderful and me and my wife always have wonderful memories of eating here!Special Features:
- Our Special Anniversary50yrsDined on 6/20/2014We had a family dinner of 6 and all ages were comfortable and able to order from the menu. The service was attentive and yet not over intrusive. We were allowed time for our celebration with our food served appropriately. The food was wonderfully delicious as always. I haven't tried anything new because I love their lasagna so much. One of our party ordered eggplant and remarked how much she enjoyed it. We felt relaxed enough to ask the waiter to take a family photo of us. We will see you again and others have found a new place to enjoy a tasty meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!CathyDined on 6/20/2014We had a luncheon for 6 ladies. Our request for outdoor seating was granted. The food was delicious and La Scala's was a pleasant restaurant to have our luncheon date. We would certainly come again for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ok serviceDisappointedDinerDined on 6/18/2014Service was average and the back dining room was noisy. The wait staff kept leaving the door to the outside open which created a lot of useless noise and interfered with our ability to hear each other. They seemed unconcerned that we asked them to keep it closed and it was rather irritating. The food, however, was excellent. They should work on the ambience and teach their staff that the food is only half the equation of a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite goodNotanItalianDined on 6/16/2014La Scala is a good restaurant. Service and food is usually quite good. Upscale Italian $$ We've enjoyed it on several occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great LocationphotoistaDined on 6/14/2014As usual the food was fantastic. The only disappointment was the time it took from ordering our wine to it arriving. We were not on any schedule, so it did not cause a problem for us, but the wait for our server once seated and then for our ordered items was unusually long. I heard other tables talking about this too. However, it was worth the wait. The Gnocchi was perfect and the house red wine was very good - especially for the value. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- fredDined on 6/14/2014It was crowded, and thus the service was slow. The food was very good, but there were a couple of mix-ups on our drink orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014La Scala is a great dining experience. Food and service are exceptional. After 3 years of dining experiences there, both lunch and dinner, have never had a bad experience. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Good Italian Food; nice ambianceSkeezixDined on 6/13/2014As an East Coaster, I am persnickety about my Italian cuisine. La Scala measures up with a wide variety of dishes, including the often hard dot find veal, risotto, gnocchi, and seafood dishes. Good wine list. The outdoor dining is a bit crowded, but a pleasure in good weather. Indoors is spacious with high ceilings and comfortable chairs. The wait staff were courteous, friendly and fast. Reservations are fast with Open Table.Special Features:
- lindyluDined on 6/7/2014Justin was server & did good job. Food was fast & hot. All 6 had something different & all liked food. Sorbet truffle is outstanding. Celebrated 50th anniversary with family there. Good place for everyday or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Great all natural food! I always leave very full and with my taste buds craving more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014I love going to La Scala! It's one of my favorite restaurants in Lafayette. I brought my friend who lives out of town on this last visit. However, I was a little disappointed in the service. The hostess was less than happy seating us, there was alot of confusion of who our server was supposed to be and there was a bit of a wait. I will say though, our server did comp our appetizer to make up for the service. I was a little embarrassed to have brought my friend but assured her that this was not the typical service from La Scala. La Scala is still one of my favorite restaurants and I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014This is our favorite place for dinner in Lafayette. The service, and especially the food, are outstanding. Everything is prepared fresh, tastes amazing, and is beautifully presented. The relaxed atmosphere makes it an easy place to drop in for upscale dining anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLike2eatDined on 5/30/2014My husband and I go to La Scala every year for our anniversary. It has always been excellent. However, it was a different story this time. Our server was very good. No complaints. The eggplant parm wasn't nearly as good as in the past. It was thick eggplant with a little cheese. The pasta and pasta sauce was good. Our biggest complaint was dessert. We ordered cheesecake and were then told that it was frozen. A few minutes later, as we were paying, a large tray was carried out in front of us, which contained numerous slices of the cheesecake we had ordered. So...were you really out of cheesecake, or did someone make the decision that it was preferable to keep the larger party happy? We had no way of knowing.