La Scala - Beverly Hills
434 N. Cañon Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
La Scala - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://lascalabeverlyhills.com/
- Phone: 3102750579
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Little Santa Monica
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The likelihood of finding street/meter parking is scarce. There is a public lot directly across the street on Canon. Additionally, two valet stands are available- adjacent to La Scala on the West side of Canon and South of La Scala's back entrance via the alley- after Canon Drive & before Crescent Drive.
A word from La Scala - Beverly Hills
A legacy of Jean Leon nostalgically lies in the heart of Beverly Hills. Migrating from Spain's Bayonne Basque Country at age seventeen; setting sights on a new life in the United States. In 1956 Jean Leon's passion for good food and wine fueled what is now the lifeblood of La Scala. Maintaining the heritage instilled by Jean Leon, La Scala of Beverly Hills offers a classic Italian fine dining experience with a variety of exquisite traditional Italian cuisine, fine wines, cocktails, and desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Scala - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (10)special occasion (8)romantic (7)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (5)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- classic LA restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014La Scala goes hand in hand with LA - a standard for years. It's got a family feeling about it, great service, comfortable ambience, not stuffy, but they really care about your dining experience. And just their Leon salad alone is enough to keep you going back again and again like our family does.Special Features:
- la scala never disappointsLALocalDinerDined on 9/5/2014We have been going to la scala for 10+ years and it is simply outstanding every time. The restaurant, other than turnovers with staff, is always the same - excellent, especially fot the dollar value. The chopped salad is fantastic and the rest of the fare is delicious and memorable. It is an intimate setting with understated and tasteful decor and the wait staff is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinnerwineguyVIPDined on 9/3/2014we always go for lunch when we are in town. this trip we did that but also went for dinner with some friends. the dinner was just great well prepared and presented. truly done in the authentic Italian style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CashOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Accused me of giving them a counterfeit $100 bill. I will never go back.
- Good valuelarsandVIPDined on 7/19/2014Except for the wine list, everything is reasonably priced. The room is very attractive (much more so than a few other Italians nearby) and, of course, they have a "famous" chopped salad.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 7/18/2014I think it has lost some of it's luster. The food was good, but not spectacular. Not the world class place it once was.Special Features:
- It's goneRRBCDined on 7/14/2014I had been going to La Scala since 1974 and remembered the extraordinary food and the great service, the food remains - kind of, but the service is totally gone, waitress snot put any effort, never came back to check on the table and for me, a total disaster as I had taken my sons for the first time and was expecting the same experience from my previous times, I was ashamed of having invited them
- diningoutVIPDined on 7/14/2014love la scala.dined here literally hundreds of times. we were very disappointed this time. we patiently waited 30 minutes for appetizers. another 30 for entrees. one entree was not right. waiter was nice, said he would fix it. 30 minutes later, it came back still not right-but acceptable. then dessert, coffee came and the the bill. we were surprised no adjustment was made on bill to reflect mistakes made (like comping the fish or dessert) and said as much. waiter said he was not empowered-only manager could and she had left. we said that even a complimentary dessert or coffee would have been enough to make us feel better about the dinner. this sort of thing is standard at fine restaurants. we left saying la scala isn't a top choice anymore.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite saladAndreaVIPDined on 6/24/2014The chopped salad is my favorite salad in Los Angeles. That is all I eat here. But others that I have dined with have had other things on the menu and it is always good. Reasonable prices too.Special Features:
- Classic ItaliangarbabyDined on 6/10/2014If you like big leather booths, authentic Bolognese sauces, fresh fish, great cocktails and the ambiance of a place where you might have seen The Rat Pack years ago, this for you. The service is relaxed, professional and excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceCoastDinersDined on 6/3/2014We were pleased with our dining experience. Leon's Chopped Salad was as good as ever, fresh, abundant and tasty. The pasta was good, albeit not outstanding. The wine list by the glass could be upgraded. The restaurant is very noisy, and, initially we were seated in the middle of the room. We asked to be moved, and, they were gracious and accommodating in moving us. It is easy to understand why "those in the know" would request a side booth when making a reservation. The restaurant has a great location in Beverly Hills, so, it is an easy spot to select for a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyAnnDined on 5/21/2014La Scala is always great and doesn't change , so you know you will have good food and a enjoyable relaxing evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 27 reviews are from the La Scala - Beverly Hills reviews archive.
- La Scala is a classicMamaMia2uDined on 5/17/2014And for good reason, it remains dependable, delicious and a delightful time. Usually come for lunch and the famous chopped salad. But we went for dinner and loved it. Especially our very caring server, Manny. Adorable too! We split the chopped salad three ways and ordered the divine whitefish. Their coconut cake is a devilish treat!!! Life is short --- The evening was so pleasurable. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and serviceJerryVIPDined on 4/28/2014very good veal milanese waiters were not too attentive, busboys were
- Overall very goodpeachyDined on 4/9/2014Dinner and ambience outstanding...I resent when you order a coke or sprite that they don't have refills...It's very chincy of them to charge separately everytime you have a refill.......It was my son's birthday, and to pay $9.00 for a piece that is less than a sliver was an insult....I almost sent it back, (and I'm a big sport) but decided not to say anything... Everything else was wonderful and food was delicious....It's the little things that count...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chopped SaladKarlyDined on 3/26/2014We had a great chopped salad. Would go back and would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Stand by is back!!!!BheaterVIPDined on 3/20/2014Awesome for dinner. the reservations here are the big thing?? Lunch you have to wait and. Wait. Great for them but horrible for the customer? here like I said great. Food good... Chopped salad t.he best in town....purée veg soup OMG.. These are the go to items.. But fish pasta chicken yummy and good. Service tonight was friendly and will go back for dinner any time someone says let's go...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beverly HillsbellaVIPDined on 3/11/2014Enjoyed taking a guest from Australia to La Scala. The food was good, as well as the ambience. The noise level, however, was over the top. Most restaurants today have a very high noise level -- but this was exceedlingly so. And to compound matters, the fact that my guest has an Australian accent, made it more difficult to hear and understand. So conversation was a problem. Maybe at lunchtime it's a little better. Would be willing to try it for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014Amazing service. Iconic place. We will return - especially for the chopped salad!Special Features:
- Needs a little pizzazHmacgVIPDined on 3/1/2014The food here is serviceable, neither great nor bad, just kind of meh. The low mark for service was for trying to put us by the door when it was cold and rainy even though we had a reservation and the restaurant was fairly empty. On a Saturday night yet.
- A great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/27/2014We joined some out of town friends for dinner at La Scala, Beverly Hills and were very impressed with the food. The waiter was courteous and knowledgeable and all the staff were friendly.Special Features:
- a classic restaurant now payscolinDined on 2/25/2014a classic restaurant now pays NO attention to customers or customer service this is our second bad experience. thinking it was just an abbroatin we tried again. 3 wait people introduced temselves to us at forst , but then FINDING them again was impossible. drinks were watered down, manager was " on a conference call" so too busy to help sort out . no not a good experience. no CANNOT recommend this. what a shame to abuse what WAS a fabulous restuarant
- Great Server but......KrisDined on 2/17/2014I wanted to take my visiting mother to an old Classic BH restaurant. Reviews made it sound like just the spot as she likes Italian. The good news.....our server was great!!!. The bad news ......our water (which we asked for 3 times) came after we received our drinks...but more importantly the drinks were terrible. I had a Manhattan which was so bad I sent it back.. was watered down & made with cheap whiskey & too much bitters...plus no orange peel. My mother's rum & tonic was rum-less. Food was OK. I had the veal with lemon and capers... very tasty. Hubby's chopped salad had way too much cheese and not much else. Mom's pumpkin ravioli was delicious but drowning in butter. Tiramisu was great!!
- La Scala Need a Menu UpdatemariabVIPDined on 2/13/2014I ordered a piece of fresh, wild Halibut, pan seared and expected great things. When my dinner arrived i immediately asked the waiter, "Why was the halibut breaded." His reply, "It isn't." Really? I ask for the manager, who acknowledged that they receive a lot of complaints about the breading, but that the fish wasn't deep friend it was only coated in flour. So, La Scala, FYI, flour is breading and if you have complaints change the menu or call the fish what is is on the menu, BREADED PAN FRIED FISH. I wouldn't order anything on the menu other than the chop salad.Special Features:
- The hostessFlowersDined on 2/4/2014Corinna greeted us at the door with kindness and eye contact. She was great! The food was good and a fun evening.
- always the bestBRIANVIPDined on 2/3/2014La Scala is always the best. Period. It's like home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to this restaurantjclambchopDined on 2/3/2014We have been to this restaurant a number of times. The food is always excellent. My sister/brother-in-law went for the first time and they really loved this restaurant. The signature dish of chopped salad is always the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite saladsFoxyDined on 1/8/2014One of my favorite salads ever! La scala chopped. This particular night - the server was the worst. Felt he was super condescending And just not friendly. Other than that I love the place.Special Features:
- New Year Eve- OKBiotechVIPDined on 12/31/2013La Scala is a definite for lunch however only slightly above average for dinner. Service was off to a terribly slow start- to her credit she picked it up (as well as her demeanor) and got it going. Just not thrilled with so many other options in the area to compete with!
- Beverly Hills RulesFoodlvrDined on 12/19/2013The experience was very good - the food was delicious and the wine was the right temperature. Hostess, waitress, busboy friendly and efficient. MUCH better than Presto in Brentwood.Special Features:
- They honor reservations at dinnerBheaterVIPDined on 12/18/2013What a major treat to know that this place really honors reservations .. Only at dinner. This was like a bonus... After not going here for awhile do to the fact they never seat you until the entire party is there it was a pleasure to realize the trick is reservations at night.. Wonderful... The food fresh and delicious!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Winner. A+IlanVIPDined on 12/14/2013I have been eating here for many years. The chop salad is a hit. The pasta made to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where to get the best salad iFaulknerVIPDined on 12/12/2013Yes if believe La Scala serves the best chopped salad in the USA! We put our money where our mouths were. We each ordered the chopped salad without hesitation. And did I mention how great the teramasu is! Can't spell it but we all agreed there's none better. Yes, the service was outstanding as well.Special Features:
- An ImpostorMikeVIPDined on 12/11/2013Having eaten at the original La Scala's in the 70s and 80s, I can assure you that this restaurant isn't even close. The food is abysmal. The fried mozzarella with marinara sauce was over breaded and burnt; the sauce was too thick and too heavy. The chopped Leon salad is not like the original, and the Linguine with pesto sauce was more like a bowl of pesto sauce with some linguine. The hostess was nice and the wait staff attentive, which is great as long as you don't eat.
- DON"T EAT HERERobertVIPDined on 12/7/2013I should have known not to eat here when this Beverly Hills restaurant was half-empty when I arrived at 7PM on a Saturday night. To keep this short, the salads were atrocious....chopped salad was watery. Yes, watery. Must not have dried the lettuce. The veal par magian was so old and overcooked that it was inedible. The tomato sauce was so clearly from a can of tomato paste. We could not wait to get out of there. Don't eat here. I suspect that it won't be in business too much longer.
- Had an amazing shrimp withOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/29/2013Had an amazing shrimp with veggie salad - outstanding.Special Features:
- Perfect Pre-Wallis Theatre DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/29/2013Excellent pasta, nice choice of wine by the glass, nice crusty bread. Five minute walk from the Wallis.Special Features:
- Great food. Not too stuffyDeedotVIPDined on 11/23/2013Great food. Not too stuffy but nice. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood ItalianDoorahDined on 11/16/2013Love the chopped salad with chicken. Just when i thought this salad couldn't get any better. I can eat their chopped salad almost everyday. Their Linguini Vongole was excellent. The clams were big, not the small variety or the chopped ones from a can. The only thing that can be improved is the bread they serve. Not the freshestt i.e. it's dry and not the softest and not served warm. That's the only negative thing I can think of. Otherwise, it's the perfect place to eat good food.Special Features: