4521 California Ave SW
Seattle, WA 98116Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.laromanza.com/
- Phone: 2069069914
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday:4:00-9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Afternoon Tea
- Executive Chef: Manuel Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater to all kinds and sizes of events from business boxed lunches, home tea parties or weddings for hundreds. We have over 20 years of catering experience backing our great food and service. Please call us for more information and pricing.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights. Minimum F/B required.
- Private Party Contact: Aimee 2069069914
- Entertainment: We offer Live Jazz piano and Bass Friday and Saturday nights starting at 6:00pm and Sunday Jazz Brunch starting at 11:30
A word from La Romanza
La Romanza Bistro opened in 2010 in a cozy storefront nestled in the heart West Seattle junction. La Romanza is one of Seattle’s most romantic restaurants complete with crystal chandeliers, fireplace, warm rustic mahogany and live Jazz. Relax at our beautiful granite bars an intimate table for two, or an evening out with friends while enjoying our house made fresh pastas, nighty specials, balanced wine list and hand crafted cocktails.Continued
We offer an elegant but casual environment so please come as you are and let us pamper you.
Grazie e Buongusto!
We offer an elegant but casual environment so please come as you are and let us pamper you.
Grazie e Buongusto!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Romanza reviews from OpenTable diners
- Perfect PlaceTimBDined on 11/7/2013La Romanza is perfect (for my wife and I). It has great food, great service, and a great ambience. I foresee us dinning her regularly.Special Features:
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE...bigcocktailDined on 10/25/2013This is just such a fabulous place. Give it a try, you will be back.Special Features:
- Great find in WSWestSeattledinerDined on 10/23/2013We went to this neighborhood restaurant to try for the first time during restaurant week. I am vegetarian, my husband is not, so we always check menus beforehand. La Romanza had good menu options for me. Food was excellent & waitress was friendly, helpful, & energetic. Very good service. We also went on a Wednesday night & all their Italian wine is 1/2 off, so we got an excellent bottle of wine for $20. Restaurant was full & some tables are very close together, but even with music playing, we could still easily have a conservation. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Visitbnc84Dined on 10/22/2013The pumpkin ravioli was awesome! Stick with wine there. The cocktais were lacking. Kristen was our server, and she was very attentive.
- Great experience, food, service,zmanDined on 10/20/2013Great experience, food, service, jazz, who could ask for anything more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and DeliciousSchwar11Dined on 10/20/2013This gem is tucked into California Ave and from the street it is easy to overlook, but step inside to one of the most romantic and delectable restaurants in West Seattle. In this candle lit oasis, enjoy a glass of wine and some fresh bread while meandering through the menu. After sampling seven dishes, it is easy to say that every entree is worth ordering. My personal favorite was the pumpkin ravioli! Desserts are light and well balanced, easy to add on when everyone is feeling full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Junction GemMondograssDined on 10/19/2013Great ambiance, romantic decor, but casual. We loved the live music - easy to listen to jazz with just a piano and bass. Not too loud. There were several specials in addition to the regular menu. I had a delicious pumpkin stuffed ravioli, others in our party had a salmon fillet that was cooked perfectly and a tasty pasta with a venison ragu The house salads were fine. The service was excellent. Our waiter was extremely accommodating . Prices were moderate. A good value for the quality and variety of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week food was MEHwestseattleregularDined on 10/16/2013There were no alternatives available to the prix fix menu. The old standards were just kind of downgraded and served up.
- Delicious dinnerChristineDined on 10/15/2013We went for my son's birthday during Seattle Restaurant Week. The food was delicious, although it's presentation was somewhat ordinary. This may have been due to the prix fixe menu, although there were many choices on that menu, all of which which were were outstanding (our group made sure to order one of each!). The waitress was good, but not great - somewhat inattentive - although upon realizing, after the fact, that this was a birthday (if she'd been more attentive she would have heard me say so) she did come out and light a candle in his mostly finished dessert. There was wonderful live music, which was not disruptive to conversation. Great atmosphere! All in all, I'd go back again to try their regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quaint and pleasantGaryDined on 10/8/2013Loved the atmosphere, service, and the food. If you like a dining experience without a lot of chaos and noise, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectZagMacDined on 10/4/2013This was my 1st time dining at La Romanza, and I can't wait to return. Our meals, a short rib penne and their sausage and noodles, were simply outstanding. Only a slight hiccup to begin, as out waitress took my order of an iced tea and dismissed it, asking on her return if I wanted anything to drink. A series of staff combined to bring complimentary aperitifs, take our orders, answer questions, deliver exceptional warm bread and tasty salads, and fill waters. All of this while the dining room was buzzing, if not full. Then....nothing. 40 minutes passed without entrees or much attention. When the food did come it was amazing. A little more work of their service and they'll be perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time!AjayDined on 9/22/2013We visited this restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were seated right away. The server was nice and friendly. Food was great and we loved the ambience.Special Features:
- Excellent small restaurantSnowdogDined on 9/21/2013This is a relatively new restaurant that we decided to give it a try after reading some reviews. We generally don't go over to west seattle to eat but we are certainly glad we did. The food was excellent and as was the service. It's a small, friendly place with reasonably priced, very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting better and better!OdfgwtfVIPDined on 9/18/2013This place is great. It was always good but seems to get better and better each time we go!
- This place keeps getting better!OdfgwtfVIPDined on 9/6/2013Wonderful. We live here and eat here often. We have been impressed with the upscale changes and the food is just getting better and better. The live music is wonderful, background, not the main show which so many musicians in dining establishments do not get! Give this a try!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, as always!RandyBDined on 8/18/2013La Romanza just keeps on impressing me. We've been there maybe 4 times in the last 6 weeks, and the food and service are consistently great. How refreshing to have a neighborhood gem like that! Prices are good, everything is fresh & tasty, and I look forward to seeing the lovely Aimee greeting her guests every time. Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous food and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2013Marvelous food and excellent service. Great neighborhood find!Special Features:
- West Seattle Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013Very good food other than the salad dressing very tart too much lemon! The noise level is high so ask for a table in the rear of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!westsideneighborDined on 8/14/2013This is perfect for a special occasion. We had the timballo and the crab lasagna and both were incredible. We tried a new wine since bottles were half off (it was a Wednesday), it was a great bargain. You must bring your appetite...you will need it. Well worth the splurge for an intimate night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is outstanding, serviceThriftyGordonVIPDined on 8/14/2013The food is outstanding, service is excellent and the prices are very reasonable. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A West Seattle GemJimbDined on 8/10/2013We have been to La Romanza a number of times and are ALWAYS happy with the outcome. This time was our 40th wedding anniversary and a real treat. The food is always great and the addition of Siren Songs wines is a real coup. The hearty wines stand up to the food well. Thanks for being part of West Seattle!Special Features:
- very romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2013My husband and I went to Paris on our honeymoon and we are always looking to recreate the romantic dining experiences we had there! This has a very romantic European feel... and the service was wonderful! Food was good. ..I had lamb chops and my husband had pasta with lamb meatballs. Bruchetta pomodoro as an appetizer and tiramisu for dessert. Would definitely recommend! My only complaint was that their house marinara sauce was a bit bland. Other than that, delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013One of our favorite places in West Seattle to eat!!!! Ambiance is fabulous, always great service, and food!Special Features:
- First Time CountsRomancerDined on 7/28/2013First timer to this locale but it certainly will not be the last. Gives Angelina's, just up the road in the Admiral district, a run for their money. Food, service, ambiance.....excellent! Chantel, our wait person was fantastic. Owner Amy made her rounds to make sure things were up to snuff. Ordered flowers for the occassion to be on the table before my loving girlfriend and I got there....this was a Sunday reservation, by the way.....and they were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Romanza scores again!RandyBDined on 7/3/2013This gem of a restaurant has scored again. We've been twice in the last 2 weeks, and both times everything has been lovely. Our server, Ashley, was a sweetheart. There is nothing small about the "small plates". Delicious! Next, the gnocchi, with hints of truffle, were fantastic. Aimee knows how to run a restaurant, and has nailed it. I am looking forward to our next adventure at La Romanza!Special Features:
- What a find!BettyDined on 6/23/2013We walked by and saw that they now have an outdoor patio so we wandered in and boy were we delighted! They led us back to an inviting little patio with sunflowers. The sun was perfect and not overpowering with a light breeze but the real star was the fabulous food and service we received! We were so happy, we stayed until dark when the candles came out. I highly recommend this restaurant for an evening out. **The crab lasagna is to DIE FOR! We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013My daughter and I took my husband for Father's Day. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was delightful. We had a cozy corner table and enjoyed taking our time making our selections. Our servers were very helpful and accommodating. We look forward to returning for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very dissapointed...anthromidgeDined on 6/15/2013My husband and I came to La Romanza for our 1st year wedding anniversary. From other reviews we expected a romantic setting and good Italian food. I was impressed that there were several vegetarian options to choose from as well. The romantic setting was true. I ordered the gnocchi and it was terrible. The gnocchi was well under cooked and very gritty. I ate less then a quarter of my plate. I was going to leave the situation alone, but with me eating so little, and requesting to not take it with us, I felt the guy deserved to know why. He was very apologetic and even took the entree off our bill. Not sure if I recommend this place. Maybe we'll try it again, maybe not. There are other places and this one didn't give a good 1st impression.Special Features:
- Is this really in West Seattle?bigcocktailDined on 6/14/2013This place originally opened as a really fancy 'high tea' room... I could never convince anyone to go. Must have been an issue with others as well, because they changed the concept to fine Italian dining... and boy did they do it right. The decor is still very fancy with crystal chandeliers and Venetian plaster walls, but the staff and food is exceptional. This is now my top choice for authentic Italian food in West Seattle. PS - the also have live piano music on the weekends.Special Features:
- Delicious and Gluten-Free !AndrewDined on 6/2/2013La Romanza was a perfect get-away for date night as time alone without our one year old is hard to come by. The food was delicious and they had many options for my gluten-free hunger. I will be back for sure. The service and the food were both fantastic. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner spotLavenderTrinVIPDined on 6/1/2013My daughters and I went to Romanza on Saturday evening as the end of a fun "Girls get-together" time. We were pleasantly surprised as we were treated to wonderful food and live music. We decided to get several times from the menu and share them. We had the spedini with tender beef, sweet onions and peppers, the bruschetta with roasted red peppers, walnuts, cheese and honey--very good. We also shared the risotto verde. We were satisfied, pampered and felt full as we left, saying that we would return again.Our waiter was so friendly and helpful as he explained not only the food options on the menu, but also the other offerings of the restaurant with special evening dinner events and happy hour.Special Features:
- A real SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/1/2013My husband and I were looking for a new resyaurant to try, and had a wonderful experience at La Romanza. We were there on a Saturday night and they had a young piano and bass player. Great bonus to go with a nice meal and friendly, professional service. No doubt we will be back soon. A real neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Loved the food, loved the peopleWestSeattleNativeDined on 5/22/2013We really enjoyed our dinner at La Romanza: ordered cocktails (very well-priced and tasted great), two appetizers (yummy and so generous that we considered not ordering our entrees), two entrees (super-delicious crab lasagne and a spicy pasta dish) and dessert (a fruit cobbler-style dish) for my husband, the Birthday Boy. We really were impressed with the food and the wait staff and owner. We will definitely go back again. I would have given a rating of 5 stars but I was surprised that they did not comp the dessert as it was my husband's birthday...normally a nice place like this will do this, especially when they know in advance that it is a birthday celebration. Oh well, this will not keep us from going back because we loved the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrive early !DJDJDined on 5/17/2013Received a referral from a W Seattle coworker, who raved about the food here. We arrived at 5:30 on Friday eve and the restaurant was empty. Well, that didn't last long, over the next hour, it filled up quickly! Great Italian food, knowledgeable waitress, and a cozy neighborhood atmosphere. Could have used another wait staff, as service was a tad slow, but overall, we enjoyed the experience and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The tables are to close together.FoodieDined on 5/12/2013The tables are to close together. The wait staff had trouble getting around to the table beside us without bumping us. The menu I was handed had some dry food or actually what looked like dry balsalmic vinegar on the top if the menu so it got stuck together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had gone to La RomanzaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013We had gone to La Romanza for High Tea and were disappointed when we arrived and were told there would only be a Mother's Day buffet served. The food was great, but my mother had driven 2hrs to join me for High Tea. Needless to say, we would have preferred to have the type of meal we had planned on.Special Features:
- Mother's Day 2013 BrunchARMMDined on 5/12/2013My daughters and I had brunch. The seating was quite crunched. We had a tiny table shoved into a corner and every time I wanted to get up my daughter had to stand and move her chair for me to get by. There were plenty of empty tables and I don't know why the wait staff didn't move them out of the way to better accomodate us. Our waitress was snippy and certainly didn't imbue much joy towards us. There did appear to be some staff that were helpful to other diners. We had to wait quite some time for our waitress to bring us coffee and had to wait for plates for the buffet. The food however was an absolute delight and I would like to return to try the dinner menu. At brunch try the housemade meatballs with papalina sauce and the french toast.Special Features:
- I planned a Mother's Day brunch/aftOliviaDined on 5/11/2013I planned a Mother's Day brunch/afternoon tea for 10 people. They were completely accommodating and the service was very good. They have a "Tea for Tots" menu for $14 so it's perfect to bring little girls who want to enjoy the High Tea experience with the adults. The Italian influenced tea service was a unique and delicious twist on the classic British tea time. We had a great time!Special Features:
- Afternoon Tea--Italian styleBuzzDined on 5/11/2013My adult daughter and I visited La Romanza to celebrate Mother's Day together. It's not a large place, but a unique one. Their take on High Tea suited us just fine--we love Italian food.Special Features:
- Early Mother's Day TeaLaBohemeDined on 5/5/2013We had a delicious brunch /High Tea at La Romanza. It was easy to make reservations and all 4 of us were seated at a great table by the window. The service & food were outstanding, and our waiter was very charming and patient explaining the menu. I had no regrets ordering this dish and savored every bite. I was researching restaurant’s for a combined early Mother’s day and birthday celebration. We’ve had sad chronic illnesses in our family – this was a very special get together. La Romanza exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend this restaurant and will be back soon to try the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.