La Roca Tapas
6 S Dunton Ave.
Arlington Heights, IL 60005Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
La Roca Tapas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.la-roca-tapas.com/
- Phone: 8474839903
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm -11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from La Roca Tapas
To us, food is synonymous with freshness, and quality . We are your quintessential tapas restaurant which preserves one of Spains greatest traditions, excellent Tapas. We stay away from assembly-line work and still prepare our dishes fresh upon ordering and entirely from scratch. Where Tim Trujillo promises "The worlds greatest homemade sangria."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Roca Tapas reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food excellent, drinks weakBrunchedVIPDined on 5/17/2014Food was delicious but the service and drinks were weak. The place wasn't that big but they only had one server; the drinks (sangria) was wat too watery and weak.Special Features:
- Sooooo slow!kayshe3Dined on 3/8/2014We went on a Sat night and got seated 20mins after we arrived. An hour later we received our food. For a Sat night, when the owners know the restaurant will be packed, I would expect them to have a sufficient amount of wait and bar staff available. This Sat night there were 2 members on the waitstaff, who were also tending bar (I think one of them was the owner himself btw), and one busboy. It just took forever to get anything!! Also, something was going on with the bathroom because it was omitting a moldy smell out into the restaurant. All that being said, the food was pretty good (thank goodness!). Overall it was a pretty bad experience, and I wouldn't recommend it to any of my friends.
- Good food, ambiance could be betterChicagoDinerVIPDined on 3/8/2014The tapas here are generous in size and delicious. But, the restaurant layout is very open, one big room with tables - I feel that there is little privacy and the decor is lacking. This is an OK place for a casual dinner, but not for a special occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding tapas restaurantAndersVIPDined on 3/7/2014La Roca Tapas has an excellent selection of choices. Much better than La Tasca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inattentive serviceChicsubDined on 2/28/2014Met a friend here for dinner. I had to flag down the busser after 7 min to get a drink. I was waiting for my friend, so I wasn't in a hurry at first, but nobody greeted me and I could tell the waitress only had one other table in my section. Food was ok, but white sauce was very salty and thick, like condensed soup. Service continued to be super slow, drinks forgotten, waitress took a confusingly long time to return for our dessert order while she was standing around watching tv. I'm forgiving of slow service if things are busy or they are trying to give you space, but she was so inattentive that it made us laugh. Food was eh and service slow, would not return. The owner was super friendly though.Special Features:
- Dinner for 8Dinnerfor8Dined on 2/22/2014Space cozy, good atmosphere.Food tasty, filling, and servers very friendly and accomodating. Wait time for food and requests could improve (place is packed after 6pm) . Good for early reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I had dinnermth16VIPDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I had dinner here for a date night. The food was really excellent. We will definitely go there again. It would be even more fun with a larger group to sample more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014This was my first time at a Tapas Restaurant and the staff was wonderful helping me through the menu. Band was wonderful and was a great time. Only draw back was parking was a bit tough to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small and quaint, Great Food!CZWorkoutDined on 2/1/2014This is a small, fairly quiet place local place, but wow ~ the food is outstanding and the Sangria was just wonderful. Service was a little slow, but very very friendly and they encouraged a relaxing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!mad4diningoutDined on 2/1/2014This was our first visit and it was a great experience. We ordered strictly from the tapas menu. The food was served one plate at a time, instead of all at once. This enable us to savor each dish and experience the full flavor. The wine was very good. Our server was extremely friendly and even the kitchen servers and bus boy were efficient and friendly. The owner greeted us and also checked on us occasionally. We will definitely be back to La Roca Tapas.Special Features:
- Good FoodPat14Dined on 1/25/2014The specials were outstanding. We had several dishes and they were all good. We had reservations and we were glad did when the place filled up quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/11/2014We love tapas, but this was not the best. The service was great!
- It was good overallBee3Dined on 12/31/2013The food was good but the service was really slow and poor. All of our food came out before our drinks.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. WeEatmoreDined on 12/31/2013The food was excellent. We had a shrimp and avocado dish that was wonderful. Also had a lamb dish that was great . The pork plate and sautéed shrimp with pasta plate were both excellent. Would definitely return again and again. Service was great and Sangria was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/19/2013one of the best restaurants in the northwest suburbsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good findmillerVIPDined on 12/15/2013Overall a very good restaurant with excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good ...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/24/2013fun trying lots of little dishes...why must this review be at least 50 characters?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great creative tapasCOvisitorDined on 11/2/2013The tapas were excellent quality. The variety and unusual choices made the dinner a fun event. Service was a bit slow but the sangria made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall a pretty good reasonablymikemVIPDined on 10/19/2013overall a pretty good reasonably price meal. Would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, comfortable atmosphereBBQLoverVIPDined on 9/25/2013First time and enjoyed it. Good service, friendly staff. Reasonably priced. Good place for a family get together. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2013My daughter and I really enjoyed our dinner at La Roca. The garbanzo soup was outstanding as were the chef's specials. Everything was hot and served in an attractive way. Service was a bit slow--however, I think that if we had been in a hurry, the staff would have accommodated us. I think the idea here, is that eating should be leisurely and enjoyed. The choices are outstanding--the menu would suit even the most hard to please diner. We will return to this eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had higher hopes.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2013Positive: The Service was very good and server kind to accommodate my young daughter. Be careful not to overorder as tapas arrive on large plates and overwhelm the table. You are only given tiny plates to eat from so feels crowded. Almost all the tapas arrived at once which meant most hot were cold by the time you got to them. My dessert, espresso tiramisu, was still frozen in the middle which meant pre-made atleast a day earlier/bought elsewhere. Dessert prices are not listed on the menu so had a bit of sticker shock, ~$9/each. Sticker shock is a good theme. There are not many tables so the prices are higher than would find at a Cafe Iberico in the city. Food quality was okay but didn't feel got quality for the price.
- SurprisingSheraDined on 8/26/2013Cute quiet little restaurant for delicious tapas, and attentive, waitstaff. Our small group really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- VERY bad choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2013It has been a long time since a restaurant disappointed me this much. No one else was there, and now I see why. It was very difficult to find. Upon entering the restaurant, a woman, who looked like she had just eaten something sour, seated us at our table. She did not speak English or she would have understood where we wanted to sit. We re-sat ourselves. She stared at us the whole meal, making us uncomfortable. It was dark like a cave inside. The waitress was horrible! She was rude from the beginning and quick to rush us out the door, where a girl that could not have been more than 13 rang up our check. La Roca claims to have great Sangria - it's really cheap wine with some fruit thrown in. Food was good but I will never go back again!!
- Fun and delicious!CaracatDined on 7/27/2013This was our second time here, this time with good, foodie friends. We all enjoyed the service, which is attentive but not intrusive. The atmosphere was welcoming. Everyone seemed to be having a good experience. The food was varied, just the right size for a shared tapas and delicious. A very enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can't recommend this placeTastyDined on 7/26/2013The service is good. That's the only thing I could appreciate. The ambiance is lacking as the restaurant has very few decorations. The portions are incredibly small. We ordered the shrimp salad and it came with huge slices of avocado, dressing, lettuce and 3 pieces of shrimp. I understand this is tapas, but they really need to work on that. At least have 4 pieces so it's evenly split between a couple. The steakrolls which were recommended were barely warm when they came out and tasted like something I could have made at home with minimal effort. At times it seemed like we were being rushed. We were asked if we were okay multiple times within minutes. Positive note - the sangria was great. I will not be back.
- Good food and serviceGrapesVIPDined on 7/20/2013The food was very good and our server was very good and did not overwhelm our table with each dish but let us finish then swiftly served the next. The noise level actually allowed you to talk together at the table without struggling to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We walked out of this placeChicagoVIPDined on 7/19/2013We walked out of this place the server had no idea about the bar or the menu. We went on a Friday and the last thing you want to do after a hard day at work is teach somebody how to make a drink!
- Nice place for good, local tapasChicagoDinerVIPDined on 6/28/2013The food and service were very good at La Roca Tapas. The portions of our tapas were generous - we did not leave hungry. The ambiance is decent - the layout of the restaurant and interior space is a bit awkward. We would return there in the future because of the quality of the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very good food here. IOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/7/2013Not very good food here. I don't tend to be picky but everything was super salty and most of our food came out luke warm. Our waitress was really good though-- really the only redeeming part. Sangria was pretty good as well. Definitely would not visit again or recommend.
- A Better Tapas ExperienceCar54Dined on 5/25/2013Although there is a fancier tapas place just around the corner, you won't be sorry that you chose La Roc Tapas. The food was very creative and well executed. The cold mussels were out of this world. The wine listneeded to be updated, but we had one of the new ones that wasn't on the list, yet, and it was an excellent companion to the different foods. We will be back!Special Features:
- It is a quaint little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/24/2013It is a quaint little place in downtown Arlington Heights. Nice for a group of friends to drink some really good sangrias and catch up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this was a very nice restaurant.kikiDined on 5/23/2013this was a very nice restaurant. the food was excellent.Special Features:
- la roca rockscheewuDined on 5/16/2013i really hope this place sticks around for a long time. i went there with my wife and a couple of friends and we enjoyed the experience. the service was efficient and friendly. the food was absolutely awesome. we had the gambas con fideos and a few other dishes. the gambas con fideos is now my favorite. they make their own sangria, and it was pretty good as well. i would recommend la roca tapas to anyone with an appetite and a mouth.Special Features:
- This was my second visit toSusanDined on 5/12/2013This was my second visit to La Roca Tapas. The food variety was so good that I wanted to come back and try more dishes! There are still more to try so I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Was hoping for more.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/12/2013Went for dinner with two toddlers recently. The waitstaff were very friendly, but the service was slow (I realize this might have been due to slow prep in the kitchen, although we arrived 5:15). If we were kidless, the time from ordering to food to its appearance would have been less of a problem. Menu items were appropriately varied, but the selections we ordered were mostly overcooked. I generally like Tapas, and am glad we tried this place, but it is unlikely we will return. I did not find our experience matched the enthusiasm of the reviews we read.
- Hot new Tapas place in Arlington.DocdrcDined on 5/11/2013I came there for a business meeting on Wednesday and was back again with a date on Friday. The variety of hot and cold tapas was great. Each dish was delicious. The staff timed the plates pretty well so we were not rushed. I will be back.Special Features:
- 2nd trip a bit disappointingjimdVIPDined on 5/10/2013Went back to this restaurant do to an excellent first impression. This time a Saturday niight showing openings on Opentable for all time periods in our time slot. Arrived to a busy restaurant with just a few servers. Drinks and tapas slow to arrive for our table and several of those arround us! Seemed like they over booked for the staff on hand. Food was excellent, servers nice, but overally busy. Limited follow up after initial service. Not sure if staffing issue was due to absent staff or planned. Will try again but they need to staff better in the future.
- not worth the travelOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/9/2013Purchased a restaurant.com coupon because we love Tapas. This was very different from most Tapas rest. we have gone to. Food was good, not great. Nothing wowed us. A bit of travel for us, and not worth the miles to go back.Special Features:
- Simply wonderful!ZendriveDined on 5/8/2013Great overall experience! Wonderful service, menu, food. We will definitely go back and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.