La Riviera Restaurant
3700 S. Texas Ave. , Ste 300
Bryan, TX 77802Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
La Riviera Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lariviera-bcs.com/
- Phone: 9798465913x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Continental, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Alfonso Gonzalez C.E.C
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms available from 10 to 100 people. Our chef creates custom menus for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Tammi Daniell 9798465913x
- Entertainment: Wine Dinners, Specialty Buffets.
A word from La Riviera Restaurant
La Riviera Restaurant is an upscale white tablecloth restaurant serving continental cuisines featuring traditional and new dishes from France, Italy and Latin-America. Our patisserie is one of the best, and our pastry chefs produce amazing desserts that have all the locals raving. La Riviera is considered one of the favorite and most classy restaurants in the Bryan/ College Station area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
La Riviera Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bryan ›
La Riviera Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (16)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (7)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (4)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- A GREAT DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Our family celebrated the birthdays of both Mom and Dad. The staff opened the restaurant early in the afternoon in order for our daughters to bring by two birthday cakes as a surprise. The staff allowed them to pick out a great table and kept the cakes fresh for us. When we arrived, the staff seated us at the pre-arranged table ( all unbeknown to Mom and dad ) and treated our family WONDERFULLY ! The oyster's Rockefeller and flatbread appetizers were outstanding. Our main courses included the ribeye, pork chop, and chicken and ALL were perfectly prepared and delicious. After dinner, the staff presented the cakes and we all enjoyed the celebration. It was our first time at la Riviera, but with two daughters at A&M, we will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch for Work GroupLuncheonDined on 10/17/2014I enjoyed how easy it was to make a reservation online. The food is always great at this restaurant. i recommened it to my co-workers; therefore I was certainly glad it was a fantastic place to have a special luncheon..................Thanks again.........Special Features:
- Pleasant and delicious!FunoneDined on 10/15/2014Comfortable seating, good food, innovative menu, good service,creative chef, etc. One of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat except for...oldfoodieDined on 10/15/2014Our only objection to La Riviera is the noise level. It is hard to carry on a conversation because of the noise (caused by other patrons conversations). Having said this two other very good restaurants have the same problem!Special Features:
- Fine Dining in Bryan!AggieGalDined on 9/19/2014Great food & service! We made reservations for 12, ordered chef recommended appetizers, chilled Champagne and a cake in advance. Perfect evening celebrating with family & friends...hot appitizers brought out in intervals gave our party something to "nibble on" as we toasted accomplishments, & visited, while our orders were being prepared. Reasonably priced...Good Food is worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - horrible servicenothanksDined on 9/19/2014The food here is always really good but the service is consistently horrible. We were the only people in the restaurant and it took them 15 minutes to even come ask if we wanted water... They also got one person in the party's order wrong 3 times in a row and didn't offer any sort of compensation for it. Seriously ridiculous.Special Features:
- Beef not cooked correctlyreviewerDined on 9/2/2014Good service and very prompt. Glasses never less than half full. Food had good flavor, but my beef medallions weren't cooked correctly. Ordered medium and the first one I cut into was medium rare. Not my choice but I was going to eat it anyways. The next one was a true rare, which I could tell before even cutting into it just by how firm it was. I checked the third and it was a true medium. I asked if they could cook the one a bit more and waiter took my plate and bright back two new ones a few minutes later. They were medium rare this time. Girlfriend had deconstructed beef Wellington and it was cooked correctly and tasted good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food killed by the servicejustbeinghonestDined on 8/29/2014Short and simple: Compliments to the chef, but if you are going to pay high $ for the food, which you will, you expect at least mediocre service. You won't get that here. Look elsewhere. I am embarrassed to have sent clients to this restaurant. Save your money and frustration.
- lunchlunchbunchDined on 8/29/2014Took the office staff. Great lunch at a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menuCdfoodDined on 8/27/2014The new menu is great. And the ambiance is delightful - quiet enough to carry on a conversation!Special Features:
- Great food, nice atmosphererachelaineDined on 8/26/2014For our anniversary we were looking for excellent food at a a reasonable price in a nice quiet restaurant with a romantic atmosphere. That sounds like it would be impossible, but La Riviera satisfied all of these points. We made out reservation online but arrived to find that there wasn't a large crowd. Our food was not only delicious but beautifully presented. The waitress was friendly and prompt. It was a quiet and soothing atmosphere for dining and conversing. We've recommended it to several people and look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2eatVIPDined on 8/23/2014Probably one of the better choices in college station if you don't want a drive thru :-(I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceScottygirlDined on 7/12/2014I took my parents and my new man. We were looking for a quiet place (rare to find these days) because both parents are hard of hearing. Most restaurants do not have quiet areas and do not take into consideration hearing impaired people. Hearing impaired people have great difficulty hearing in noisy places because the noise interferes with hearing aids. I found La Riviera to be a perfect place for the occasion. We were able to have great food, great service and good conversation. This would also be a great place for any special occasion - quiet, romantic, and intimate. Definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS GREAT!KINGOAKSQUEENVIPDined on 6/28/2014Our group of couples (some for the first time) had a wonderful dining experience. Each plate is always individually outstanding and really good! We always take out of towners here for lunch or dinner. A real find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 137 reviews are from the La Riviera Restaurant reviews archive.
- Always EnjoyablethegeezDined on 5/11/2014We always enjoy our visits to La Riviera. The food is great and the service is wonderful. On top of that, it is not extravagantly priced. We recommend it whenever possible. We last went on Mother's Day and even though it was a bit chaotic, the staff remained calm and it was still enjoyable.Special Features:
- Graduation CelebrationMONICADined on 5/10/2014We had a party of 11 to celebrate our son's graduation. The food and service were excelent.Special Features:
- Graduation LuncheonTreat2EatDined on 5/10/2014Our family needed a place to celebrate our Aggie after her graduation in May '14. We made a reservation at La Riviera and found it to be a great place for our experience. They created a special menu just for graduation with a variety of dishes. Each member of our party found something to their taste and everyone enjoyed their meal. The service was efficient and graceful without interrupting our conversation. I would recommend La Riviera to Aggie families for a special graduation gathering. We were all pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every Table FullsleepergDined on 5/9/2014TAMU graduation night in College Station. Every restaurant was full. I had originally made the reservation for 5 and later found out 2 more would be joining us. Despite being full, they worked with us to find a new time and were able to seat the entire party. A graduation menu was in place and our entire party was able to select from several offerings. The food was very good and the service was excellent given the full house. Have been there on two special occasions (Ring Day and Graduation) and I enjoyed both.Special Features:
- Beautiful Easter Buffet!Pat36Dined on 4/20/2014Last fall's Thanksgiving buffet was such a beautiful banquet that we invited our Houston relatives to come up for the Easter buffet. They had heard our rave reviews and after joining us, they completely agreed with us.Special Features:
- Two Thumbs Up!ReedsDined on 3/26/2014I made a reservation online and my husband and I dined there on our 3rd Wedding Anniversary. The atmosphere was quiet and soothing which was a pleasant change from most restaurants today. We ordered the Southwest Chicken and the Stuffed Salmon, both were excellent choices! For dessert we ordered the Tres Leches and we received the sweetest surprise ever! One of the staff members took the time to decorate the dessert plate by writing "Happy 3rd Anniversary!" in chocolate and they drew a heart in chocolate. They then filled the heart with a scrumptious strawberry sauce! Hats off to La Riviera for making our 3rd Wedding Anniversary dinner the best one yet! From the bottom of our hearts, We Thank You! God Bless you, Pastor and Mrs. Eric ReedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Riveria is a GemMatagordaDined on 3/17/2014This is one of the nicest restaurants in BCS area, ranking right with the more expensive :big two" that folks go to when they have extra money to spend. La Riveria has revamped their menu --good entrees for $12 for instance. You want be disappointed --- unless you are looking for places with big noisy crowds!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special RestaurantMatagordaDined on 2/22/2014This is one of four best restaurants in BCS. We had an exceptional dinner at La Riveria. --entrees are very reasonably priced and we had a good selection of wines. Good choice of desserts . Overall top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Really Disappointed.DreamingdaylightDined on 2/14/2014We were very disappointed from the time that we sat down to the time that we left. We sat down to no silverware, plates, napkins, or any kind of service for 15 mins. We had to ask for refills, silverware and plates several times before receiving anything. The server had no knowledge of the food when we had questions. He told me the house steak was larger than the Texas steak and that was not the case -the house steak was a forth of what the Texas steak was when it was brought to us. We ordered and the steak was over cooked but we decided not to send it back since who would know how long it would take or how long we would even get service. My husband ordered another alcoholic drink with his meal, that was never brought to him.
- very nicepeteDined on 12/20/2013We liked the ambience -- nice soft music playing, simply and romantically decorated. It does seem out of place in its shopping center, but is great inside. The food was great and reasonably priced (entrees beginning at $12 ). Great place for a nice date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for special occasionsaggiegradDined on 12/13/2013We made reservations for after our son's graduation from A&M. La Riviera was a perfect for this special occasion. Food and service were outstanding. We had a party of 10 and the restaurant was quiet enough that we could all talk and hear each other. We are sorry that we found this place after my son graduated. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful Graduation ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013I made a reservation to celebrate my graduation from TAMU with my family. They were fully booked with reservations for the night but it was clear that they were not prepared! Our waiter was new and didn't have any assistance. The bread was brought out without butter and our appetizer order came out wrong - they brought out an extra. We informed him that we didn't order it and it still showed up on our bill! The food was all pretty mediocre, the portions small and the seasoning lacking. At one point in the night, they even ran out of ice! How do they allow that to happen on an important night like that? This experience put a damper on my graduation celebration and I will not be returning.
- Nice FindFredDined on 12/13/2013We found La Riviera searching restaurants in the area. The reviews were good and they could accommodate our group of 12 early enough after graduation. We were happy with the choice. The appetizers and desserts were the favorites. Our table ordered the lamb chops, house filet, stuffed salmon, and shrimp risotto. The stuffed salmon was a hit and It came out steaming hot. The other entrees were tasty, but were mostly lukewarm when served. The salmon came out about 5 minutes after the other entrees. There were several large groups celebrating graduation which may have attributed to the few little issues. Our waitstaff was attentive. So, overall, it was a good experience. Good food with good prices. I would go back.Special Features:
- Under staffedFaithDined on 12/10/2013Our table was not ready when we arrived. Our waitress was not knowledgable about the wine list. We served ourselves our own water. Not what you would expect from a white table cloth restaurant. However, our waitress was clearly serving a lot of other customers and was spread thin. Fortunately, we were not in a hurry. We had an enjoyable time despite these and other short comings. The food was outstanding and made up for lack luster service.Special Features:
- Date Night GemShilerDinerDined on 11/30/2013My wife and I really enjoy visiting this restaurant. We feel the quality of food is better than the other 2 "upscale" dining spots in town and the prices are better too. It's never too crowded and the noise level is perfect for a nice conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving FeastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013Took my family and in-laws here for Thanksgiving Buffet. It was fabulous. Food was great, wide selection of entree's, vegetables were done very well, green bean caserole, grilled squash & carrots, choice of dressings, etc. And the desserts were all tasty delights. Usually go to Moody Gardens for Thanksgiving but too many concernes with logistics of family members, so stayed home and ate local. If not back at Moody next year, will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJimGDined on 11/22/2013My wife and I had a great time at La Riviera. There are many different food options that range from steak to pasta to mexican food. The prices were also surprisingly low for this caliber of food and restaurant. Many plates range from $13-16. I would have expected to pay $20-$25 a plate. My wife and I will be back and will be coming back more often due to the lower prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow night for serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2013Over 25 min. after seating service person showed up to take drink order. Had to ask another person for it 10 min. later. One group in party room, but not full in dining area, but took a very long time to get served. Waitress said she would bring a steak knife for the filet, but never returned. Was served by at least 4 different people. Previously had gotten really good service here, but this was very poor performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2013Food & service are always very good here. Lunchtime can be noisy; the evening atmosphere is usually quiet & relaxed.
- Great dinner!LaJanaDined on 11/9/2013The menu has been improved and was delicious! I love the atmosphere where friends can enjoy a meal and each other. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for datesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/8/2013A step up from most of the more casual restaurants in College Station. The food was good...moderate portions...so maybe not ideal if you're looking for a big meal...but I didn't leave hungry. The crab cake appetizer was good and also the mixed grille. Cozy for a date night. Weird location since in a shopping strip next to an adult bookstore. Service was good...and would recommend to others. If you check in on yelp, you can get 30% off of your bill...or at least was that way in November 2013.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant has the mostCyndleDined on 11/4/2013This restaurant has the most interesting and architecturally Beautiful entry.. Designed by A and M architect , it really Sets the tone for a unique evening. Lamb chops were Great, fish not so much... Dessert was outstanding !!!! Is go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have always enjoyed goingLucky94Dined on 11/2/2013We have always enjoyed going to this restaurant. Ambience is good, food delicious. Often go for lunch as well. I love the white tablecloths and relaxed atmosphere. At lunch, I enjoy the salmon and the shrimp enchiladas. They also have a great strawberry and brie salad, and delicious desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013The ambience is a little weird, as the decor is fancy but they don't turn the lights down so you can clearly see all other parties. Lacks mood. The food was just okay, but the dessert was very good.
- A great findoutastatersDined on 10/25/2013We are from out of state, and needed last minute dinner reservations due to football weekend. We were able to make reservations for a table of 6. I was concerned as to why this restaurant would still have reservation openings when so many others did not (unless they were the expensive restaurants). We wanted something with good food, a nice atmosphere and a variety of food at reasonable prices! This restaurant was perfect for all of the above. I will recommend it and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationdaisygirlDined on 10/24/2013Great selection of entrees & the desserts were wonderful! We have many picky eaters & there were plenty of choices for everyone.Special Features: