La Riviera at Sofitel Miami
5800 Blue Lagoon Drive
Miami, FL 33126Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
La Riviera at Sofitel Miami
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.larivieramiami.com/
- Phone: 3055038369x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:00am - 11:30am
Lunch Monday to Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Closed on Saturday and Sunday for Lunch
Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Mediterranean, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Steven Jung
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Sofitel Miami offers spectacular indoor and outdoor venues for meetings and receptions
- Private Party Facilities: Large parties up to 22 guests for South Riviera Dining.
- Private Party Contact: Mario Abasolo 3055038369x
- Special Events: Miami Spice Participant
French Spice Participant
A word from La Riviera at Sofitel Miami
Elegance, indulgence, sophistication. Each is a virtue at La Riviera - the signature restaurant at Sofitel Miami - where French cuisine and Mediterranean flavors unite, with just a hint of Latin influence. Stylishly appointed, as a reflection of our chic South Florida address, this exquisite Miami French restaurant provides a treat not only for the palette, but from a visual perspective as well - with breathtaking views of the hotel's vibrant gardens and the sparkling Blue Lagoon beyond. Enjoy an extraordinarily sensory Miami French dining experience, where vivid red glasses and floral centerpieces pose playful counterpoint to a crisp white art-deco design.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Riviera at Sofitel Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (3)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Nice RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014This was my 5 restaurant that I have choose in the past 5 years to celebrate my Aniversary an I can said that this is the 2nd one that my wife has enjoy., The food was very good the servers were the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would try againnicoleDined on 6/10/2014Friends and myself have a Restuarant.com voucher and we used it here. I was told the seafood risotto was AMAZING. I ordered the filet and was greatly disappointed. Not the best and not the worst, but not tender and tasted more like a sirloin then filet mignon. Regular water is $4, so be careful when asking for it. Wasn't prepared for the cost. They do have a great wine list and we enjoyed that. We had children with us and they seemed to enjoy their food and the outside dining. Overall the restaurant is nice and attached to a hotel so you can enjoy the bar inside, if you wanted. The service was confusing, we had several different waiters at one point and they were all SLOW. I would go again, but wouldn't go out of my way.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceGiovanniCadornaDined on 6/6/2014A great place to have a business lunch, or a relaxed one with friends. Great set up, food and service.Special Features:
- AdrianVIPDined on 6/2/2014Great food and service. I strong recommend this place. Excellent risotto plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner well worth itmingoadDined on 5/24/2014When we arrived to the parking lot, we thought it wasn't going to be a good dinner. Lot was empty and entering the restaurant seem like it was closed. There were a few tables taken and we were overdressed. But we still wanted to give it a chance. Daniel, our waitress, was a really nice gentleman who answered all our questions and gave us great suggestions. We had goat cheese for appetizers and it was really good. Seafod paella was huge and full of seafood. The same for the pork plate we ordered. The dessert was on the house since it was our anniversary and they gave it to us. Overall it was a romantic dinner since it felt like the restaurant was reserved only for us. Prices are cheap but the food is really good so it was worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 112 reviews are from the La Riviera at Sofitel Miami reviews archive.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014The Best... we loved...Recommend the paella and pasta.Special Features:
- Dining out.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014Enjoyed the service and food. Staff was very professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, great food & serviceKittysqueakyDined on 4/16/2014This is a very nice restaurant at a really nice hotel overlooking a lake. The food was excellent and the service was superb. Would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Schlechter Service, PlastikfolieFrobDined on 3/22/2014Schlechter Service, Plastikfolie im Essen, schmutzige Tische wurden erst nach Reklamation abgeräumt, Stühle sehr verschmutzt. Foie Gras wurde durch Lachs ersetzt, für ein Sofitel Hotel unmöglich!
- my birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014this restaurant was amazing, I loved everything about it. the waiter was super nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just that the kitchen wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014Just that the kitchen was shorhanded and it took an extremely long time between courses, although the head server was extremely nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014The place gives off a very relaxing vibe. The decorations are all white and gives the diner a feeling of serenity. The food was very good and did not disappoint any of the people in our party. Our server was excellent and was very attentive. I would like to go back for a quite night out.Special Features:
- Best Kept SecretVIPDinerVIPDined on 2/22/2014La Riviera as well as the Sofitel, is a best kept secret. While being an airport hotel restaurant, it is fresh and modern with exciting dishes and good service. And even better for a romantic date night. The only con is not having a really hip and reasonably price wine list. That would set it completely apart from the pack!Special Features:
- Great food, out of this worldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great food, out of this world ambiance, waitress very polite, food served fast, very romantic, we will be back for sure.Special Features:
- A Valentine's NightLovingcouple1Dined on 2/14/2014On our Valentine date night we have to say the Sofitel Restaurant that we celebrated in was very romantic with the beautiful ambience created by the staff. The presentation of the food and the limited menu was just enough for the chef to prepare excellent meals with what should have been a short wait for the food. There comes the problem with this restaurant is that the service in my area at least was not as good as it could have been if my my waiter didn't have to attend other tables all over the floor.This is the fault of the restaurant manager for not assigning the tables within a simple square grid. Waiting for your wait staff to eventually show up to attend where they left off can take many points away from the entire dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayRichCDined on 2/14/2014At first they put us at a table for four. We had a reservation. They finally moved us to a table for two. The food was good to very good. The atmosphere was quiet and romantic. It took about 35 to 40 minutes to get our check after we finished eating.Special Features:
- Delicious but smallTaster69Dined on 2/8/2014The cooking was great as was the presentation. I would have liked more because of the taste and the price. I believe they could double the portions and still make money. On a side note the service was also vey good and the waiters and waitresses were very attentive but allowed you to enjoy your meal and your company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceGiovanniCadornaDined on 2/6/2014A great place that exceeded, our expectations, not just the food, but the outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkZionpunkVIPDined on 1/15/2014Everything was just ok... Nothing stood out, except the prices
- Great restaurantPLLLLVIPDined on 12/31/2013Went here for New Year's Eve, and boy am I glad I did! A seven course meny for a reasonable price, and it was so much worth it. Service was outstanding, with a very attentive server. Even though there was a set menu, they exchanged one of the courses for me without any fuss. Food was excellent and well balanced, and the bread basket was very good. The restaurant was quiet and sophisticated. Would probably go again if I end up in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely (thought not as usual)NanyVIPDined on 12/6/2013We have been going there quite often (be it for breakfast, lunch or dinner). Surprisingly, this last time, something was off: service was lacking, our breakfast was cold...and our waiter disappeared. So don't go for late breakfast...but usually, we LOVE this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La RivieraPengPollyDined on 11/10/2013It was very empty when we walked into the dining room. Only 2 tables with guests. Staff was very professional, friendly and knowledgeable about the dinner menu as well as the wine list. We ordered the Duck Magret which was served in a bowl and impossible to handle properly with a dull knife. I requested they change the bowl for a regular plate and to hand me steakknife. Food was well prepared and garnished. Dessert Creme Brulee was lacking in quantity and consitency. Even though the attendace of the waiting staff was excellent, this is not a place I would go back to for lack of ambience.Special Features:
- Positively wonderful.NanyVIPDined on 11/8/2013This place is just GREAT!!! Breakfast, lunch or dinner (even late dinners) are just great!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French / Intl CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/21/2013Excellent Food, Excellent Service, Great overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ou la laFrantasticDined on 10/12/2013I used togo to the Sofitel all the time for breakfast when I lived in Houston. I was happy to know the obe here in Miami gas the same great food and ambiance. The orange juice is delicious and the pan chocolat and croissants are delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the food and thejnsebDined on 9/22/2013We enjoyed the food and the special treatment from the staff and the romantic ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specialspecial2foodDined on 9/14/2013Overall the food was great but my husband order the surf and turf and the lobster was extremly soft. In place of the lobster we got 4-5 shrimps and no discount on the bill. We had to ask for the cocktail menu which had more food selections and drinks but we had already ordered our food. The pictures online showed the pool area with lights but it was very dark outside so we coulnt enjoy the scenic viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specialspecial2foodDined on 9/14/2013Its was nice ambience bt waiter was not helpful with menuSpecial Features:
- not as good as previous experiencesTiToDined on 9/2/2013we have been here a couple of times and never had complaints. we went last labor day, the restaurant was to ourselves, no other party while we were there, and everything was as good as ever EXCEPT the food. i ordered that pork tenderloin and pork belly with malanga (in my opinion it was not malanga but is ok) and potato mash, pork was not bad but can't say it was good (i could not define the flavor of the gravy). my wife ordered lamb rack medium well but came "almost" medium. we ended up switching plates because she couldnt eat it. as i said, not my best experience but since i've had good ones there i'll give it another chance!I would recommend this to a friend.
- light business lunchOliverDined on 8/5/2013I liked the ambience of this restaurant. The service is polite and quite discreet, which is well appreciated. Food quality is very good even if more quantity would be welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedWoozieVIPDined on 6/14/2013This restaurant is beautiful and the food was good, however, the portions were very small and the price was very high.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice to hear table mates speaking!DrewVIPDined on 5/31/2013The menu, food and service are reliable. What I like and why I go back again and again is because this is a lovely space where you can visit with your guests. Most every restaurant in Miami is raucous noise and shouting. I find loud spaces annoying and off putting. I live in Miami. It's a pleasure to have this fine dining experience a relief from the typical noise and ordinary food choices that underwhelm. By the way, the food here is very good, wonderfully presented, and the service is terrific. I continue to go back here for its modern, upscale and quietly sophisticated ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchRestaurantguy305Dined on 5/12/2013Came here for Mother's Day brunch and it was worth every penny. A lot of variety from seafood , French pastries , American food , and a whole lot more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2013Very nice ambient with pretty good food and fairly slow but personable service.Special Features:
- Would Definitely Go BackNYDinerDined on 3/30/2013La Riviera has a clean, modern decor. The restaurant was not very busy when we went, so we were able to converse without having to shout over crowd noise. The menu was excellent; I would not have minded ordering most of the choices available. The food was beautifully presented and was well prepared. Service was really good; our waitress was friendly and checked in with us every so often without being intrusive. Dessert was not as good as the rest of the meal, but I would still recommend La Riviera as a really good French place.Special Features:
- We were staying at a nearfoodieVIPDined on 3/4/2013We were staying at a near by hotel and ate here. It was wonderful. Although it is in a hotel, is was every bit as good as any other high end restaurant. It is located in a business park so there will never be lots of people there, but we were very pleased.Special Features:
- Best lunch option in the area...Manny3Dined on 2/26/2013Food is the best in the area, but not amazing. Menu items are very limited. For a quick lunch, it is a golden spot. Service is outstanding.Special Features:
- We went there because of highOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/3/2013We went there because of high reviews but it was certainly overpriced for what they offer. The food wasn't bad but nothing special. We won't be back and I won't recommend it.
- Would definitely return!GillVIPDined on 1/16/2013I went with colleagues from work for dinner. It was quiet when we got there but filled up later, although still quiet. Out waiter, Diego, was outstanding, so helpful and attentive. And the food....everyone immensely enjoyed and raved about their selection: one had paella, another the seafood hot pot, and the thrid had the short ribs. I had the goat cheese and fois gras terrine appetizers. The portions were quite generous...altogether a great experience,.Special Features:
- Perfect for a nice sunset dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/7/2013Ended our vacation at the Sofitel Miami & before heading out to catch our 9pm flight we stopped for dinner at La Riviera. We were impressed immediately by the stunning decor of the dining room. As we were the 1st guests 4 the night we had our pick of tables and we chose to sit out on the patio to enjoy 1 last warm evening. Our server was very attentive but not overbearing. Food was delivered promptly and we found our meals to be fresh and flavorful. The veggies were crisp and cooked just right. Our protein selections were also cooked expertly. Our appetizers and bread offerings were delightful 2. My only criticism would be the desserts-they weren't up to par with the rest of the meal. But that's OK, we should have passed anyway :)Special Features: