La Rambla Restaurant & Bar
238 NE Third Street
McMinnville, OR 97128Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
La Rambla Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.laramblaonthird.com/
- Phone: 5034352126
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: Lunch 11:30am - 2:30pm, Dinner: 5 - 9pm
Happy Hour Weekdays: 4pm to 6pm
Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays January thru March
Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jesse Valle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from La Rambla Restaurant & Bar
La Rambla is the ideal destination for anyone looking to enjoy a culinary gem nestled in the heart of Oregon's Wine Country. One of the Willamette Valley's most unique dining experiences. Deftly blending Spanish influences and classics with the freshest ingredients the Northwest has to offer. One look at the satisfying tapas menu, and you'll be tempted by such classics as Sauteed Garlic Chili Shrimp with Calabrian chilies, Oregon Mushroom Cocas with arugula and Classic Paella. The wine list, one of the most extensive in the state, has won Wine Spectator 'Awards of Excellence', Wine Enthusiasts ' Most Friendly Wine Restaurants', Oregon Wine Press 'Superior Cellar Award' with entries form Oregon and Spain. A large selection of Spirits and Cocktails as well. La Rambla delivers a memorable culinary experience for an intimate meal to groups ready to top off a day of wine tasting with good food and good company.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
La Rambla Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)neighborhood gem (44)notable wine list (36)special occasion (30)romantic (26)good for groups (21)hot spot (14)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- weekend hi-litejpb1Dined on 10/18/2014We spent the weekend in McMinville would have to say that dinner at La Rambla is what will stand out as the best part of our stay. Great service (thanks Kendra!), massive wine list and a very good menu will have going back to try the things we didn't get to try on our 1st visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious McMinnville DinneratothejDined on 10/18/2014Had a great experience at La Rambla for dinner. The fried green beans were delicious, the spicy potatoes with a fried egg on top were unique and flavorful. My favorite were the stuffed peppers, served with a rich, cheesy sauce. The large mixed paella was enough to share and the rice was cooked perfectly and had a wonderful flavor. Great place!Special Features:
- Amazing!SuzyQDined on 10/11/2014What a great experience. This was our second time at La Rambla and won't be our last. Outstanding service, Nicole was awesome. Food was some of the best tapas I have even had. What a treat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificBoscoDined on 10/6/2014This is a great find in McMinville. The food was all teriffic and we ordered jus the right combination of large and small plates. If we were in town another night we would have gone back a second time. Loved the atmosphere and energetic vibe. A perfect place to dine after a day of travel and/or visiting wineries in the region.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!JulieYVIPDined on 10/6/2014Had the seafood stew and asparagus with browned butter and picada (crumb-nut mixture). Delicious. I ate all the chunks from the stew while there, and took the remaining sauce home with French bread. I couldn't leave a drop!!! Could have licked the dish clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McMinnville diningluvfoodandwineDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed a variety of delicious tapas and the carne paella. Our tapas included a warm spinach salad, chili shrimp, lamb skewers & tomato goat cheese flatbread. The serving sizes were perfect & encouraged sharing. The chicken in the paella needed a little more seasoning & the mint in the chocolate chip ice cream could have been more pronounced. Service was excellent. The noise level was too loud at most times where we could barely hear one another across the table. The Hostess greets you right at the front door and there is no room to allow guests to stand while they wait for their seat. We happened to be seated at the front table so many guests are 'right on top of us' while they wait for their table. Glad we ate at La RamblaSpecial Features:
- SarahDined on 9/24/2014We came for the variety and the service and flavored were beyond our expectations. The white Gazpacho was particularly delicious!!Special Features:
- Great Wine and FoodWorldTrabblaDined on 9/23/2014We had a wonderful time exploring La Rambla's tapas menu over a terrific bottle of wine. Food was great and everything both tasty and well presented. The only downside was a very loud group at the table next to ours (to be expected, I guess, because we are in America and not Europe where people know how to speak softly).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014From the first bite of my chicken pasta plate, I couldn't stop talking about how amazing it was! I'm still thinking about it. All around great food and wine list. I would make the 4-hour drive again to eat there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014Our experience at LaRambla was great! When we arrived for our reservation they were crowded and unable to seat us, but were most apologetic and accommodated us at another table within a short time. Our waitress, Nora, was top notch. Knowledgeable about wines, great with food suggestions. Started with mixed green salads and the melon with jamon, both outstanding. Shared paella and sautéed spinach. Very good.highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately Disappointed54flowergirlDined on 9/20/2014While I must preface with the fact that the food was very good, there were just too many negatives to give this restaurant a 5 star rating. First is the awkward layout. You have to stand in a doorway with a weird curtain type arrangement acting as a wall, with people right alongside it trying to dine and ignore this. We were having an anniversary and because of that they gave us a better table, which was a little twosome in the window. That was as far from the bar noise as possible, but I kept longingly looking at the two tables outside, which never vacated. It was deafeningly noisely, and not because of any one party. The acoustics were so bad that you could hardly have a personal conversation without yelling. Service was also slow.Special Features:
- Yummy tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/15/2014Great find. Dined here with friends while on vacation and we all have very different tastes and this is the perfect place to satisfy everyone. It was fun sharing food. Would recommend you order slowly as the food comes out quickly. Maybe order 3 dishes at a time and finish them and then the next 3 dishes and so on and so on.Special Features:
- A Favorite + a FindbudgetfoodieDined on 9/12/2014We happened upon La Rambla earlier this year on a spur of the moment overnight getaway to McMinnville. We loved it the first time around - excellent food (very affordable prices for the quality!), fantastic, genuine service, and a lovely atmosphere. It's a place you can relax and linger over your food & conversation knowing you're being well taken care of and can "indulge" without breaking the bank. We went a second time this last weekend and had the same wonderful experience. Our server was really fantastic - friendly, gave great recommendations, made us feel welcome. They were also generously accommodating to my food allergies (brought my own bread), and were happy to incorporate it into a couple of the dishes we ordered.Special Features:
- Exceeded Expectations!flan1000Dined on 9/8/2014Researched places to dine near my B&B and chose La Rambla. The food was crazy good! I would strongly recommend you listen to your servers suggestions on choice selections. We did and loved every last bite. Piquillo stuffed peppers, shrimp, empanadas, and spinach salad...each and every one of the bites delectable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant in McminnvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014La Rambla Restaurant & Bar should be number one on your list of restaurants in McMinnville. Everything from service and food are excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okerinswDined on 8/29/2014We went for the paella but I found it a bit undercooked and not that flavorful. We also tried the lamb nachos which had good flavor but way too much meat. Drinks were strong but really not that great. We skipped on dessert because we just weren't that impressed with it. Wished we would have tried the french restaurant that everyone was raving about instead :-(Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Excellent service- server was very kowledgable about the Food and wine. Great, authentic tapas although some were extremely salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaRamblaMaryPatDined on 8/19/2014We got there incredibly early (4:30) and had the place to ourselves for a while. Waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. Food was great! Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional Spanish in OregonMichelinstarDined on 8/18/2014We booked the same day and got a table for 2. The restaurant is open plan and we were thankful we booked ahead as it is popular and other couples had to either wait or eat at the bar. The restaurant is basically decorated but that all works well with the focus on service and food. Being in McMinnville we had been doing wine tours and so brought a bottle to the restaurant and that was not an issue with a $20 corkage fee. For the dinner we decided on a couple of tapas dishes first followed by seafood paella. The tapas dishes were really good, garlic shrimp and pork. The paella was as good as I have been served in Grenada though at the end we were both stuffed. Great value food and would definitely recommend itSpecial Features:
- Excellent PaellaLovesfoodDined on 8/9/2014This was our first time to La Rambla, we would definitely go back if we were in the McMinnville area. The paella was delicious, we ordered the small along with two small plate tapas and had MORE than enough to eat. Everything was delicious and service was great!Special Features:
- Service and food were excellentDiningdogloversVIPDined on 8/3/2014All the plates we had were excellent. If you don't enjoy spices and are more into traditional fair then you may be disappointed. This restaurant definitely lives up to its counterparts in Barcelona.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tim Oregon CityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Great food, wonderful location. The Paella is wonderful. Better than we ever had in Spain!
- Delish!yummmmDined on 7/31/2014Always a great place to try new things! We just ordered a bunch of tapas and they were all to die for! Definitely will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like it used to bejimmgtsciDined on 7/29/2014We drove from Newport to have our anniversary dinner at La Rambla, which we had been too several times before, and were very disappointed. The waitress was not familiar to us and there were several ways she provided less than stellar service, we asked for an ice bucket for our wine and it never came, we asked for our salads to be 'very lightly dressed' and they were soaking in dressing, she was AWOL most of the time, we finished our bottle of wine and I asked for another wine by glass and it only came after we finished eating so I sent it back. We never got our water refilled until we asked for our check. Also, we ordered had several items and they were all just terrible. We won't ever be going back since it's a hike to get there.
- Great place McMinvilleBetzRVIPDined on 7/24/2014Wonderful food if you want just a few tapas or a complete dinner- Great drinks and wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs managementWestcoastwinoDined on 7/23/2014Food was good, but service poor. Server delivered 3 entrees to our 4 top, and we assumed she'd be back with the fourth. After 10 minutes, we began looking for her; she was chatting at the bar. We tried to signal for service to no avail. Had to flag down another server, who said all she could do was tell our server. After another 10-15 minutes, the entree was finally delivered to our fourth member, who had to eat while the rest of us waited. There was no apology or even a comped dessert. We'll definitely never return or recommend.
- Fitting End to Vacation!wineguyDined on 7/21/2014My family and I were vacationing in Oregon. We spent the last couple of days in McMinnville visiting some of the local wineries. On our last night, we had dinner at La Rambla on the recommendation of one of our winery hosts. What a great place! Everything we ordered was unique, flavorful and satisfying. Kudos to the Lamb Nachos, Red Tuna, Paella and of course the Churros...what a great way to end a vacation!Special Features:
- Over rateddiscerningdinerDined on 7/18/2014Calamari overcooked. Salad good. Flat bread pizza fair.
- An enjoyable lunchBurntKandleDined on 7/15/2014Met relatives there for late lunch on a Tuesday. We were about the only ones there so I imagine it is far busier in the evening. Food was unique and very well prepared. Wine list is extensive. Service was great, friendly and even though we stayed beyond the lunch closing time we were never made to feel like it was time to leave. Absolutely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, ok foodFishLoverDined on 7/14/2014Although we were seated quickly, it took nearly 30 minutes to receive our first course. This was an "artisan" cheese tray that was at best - grocery store quality. While the garlic shrimp were fantastic, the rest was average. It is a fine stop for dinner, but not the outstanding tapas we were expecting.
- A Must when in McMinnvillePDXJohnVIPDined on 7/13/2014Food is outstanding. Had a variety of dishes and shared with the table. Order the Paella. It is well worth the wait (we just sat down and ordered it before looking at the menu, and they were fine with that). Will be back.Special Features:
- Too loud to talk.....happyeaterVIPDined on 7/11/2014While the food ( small plates/tapas ) was excellent and the service great.....the noise level was unbearable. The people at the next table got up and left. My husband and I were unable to hear each other across the table.Special Features:
- Excellent place to dine in MAC!JewelyDined on 7/11/2014The cheese here is very good! We also had the flank steak and Oregon Mushroom flatbread and everything was delicious! Very extensive wine list and the food is so unique. (I love using Open Table to make reservations because it makes it so easy.)Special Features:
- A Delightful RespiteWinodogDined on 7/7/2014The food was excellent, prepared well and delivered in a timely manner. They had a good selection of small plates. They also had a nice selection of Northwest wines and Spanish wines. The bar is beautiful. It was a bit noisy, but that was partly due to someone at the bar imbibing too much. A very enjoyable experience - I'll return.Special Features:
- Disappointing Return VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/28/2014When we entered the restaurant for our 5:30pm reservation the atmosphere was stuffy and there were only a few people dining. We inquired about the two window tables that were open but were told they were packed that evening and they were reserved. We only noticed two servers while we were there. The table next to us which arrived much later were well attended to and received their food much sooner than we did. Our waiter made us feel like we were inconveniencing him. Our meal lagged and lagged all the while 2/3rds of the tables always remained empty. Very disappointing. With so many top-notch restaurants in McMinnville, we won't go back any time soon. Disappointing.Special Features:
- ChariDined on 6/27/2014Been here twice and both times the food was FAbulous!!Special Features:
- The following 151 reviews are from the La Rambla Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Outstanding!LynnyDined on 6/16/2014The salmon with sweet potato hash and the padrone peppers were our favorites! Excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in wine countrynonnacarolDined on 6/15/2014We found this restaurant on a trip through wine country- thanks to OpenTable. We chose to graze through the Tapas - and each one was better than the last! Thanks to Juan, our server, the service was wonderful - helpful but unobtrusive. We are looking forward to our next trip through the area - this restaurant will definitely be on our list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4funeatsDined on 6/14/2014The food was excellent. It was fun trying different things throughout the evening. The wait staff was excellent and very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantboblovesfoodDined on 6/7/2014Excellent food and service! I wish it were in my neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.