La P'tite Framboise
294 Main St
Port Washington, NY 11050Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
La P'tite Framboise
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laptiteframboise.com/
- Phone: (516) 767-7164
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm -9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, French American, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from La P'tite Framboise
La P'tite Framboise is a local favorite in Port Washington. We serve classic bistro fare in a comfortable and welcoming environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
La P'tite Framboise - Best Restaurants in Port Washington ›
La P'tite Framboise reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (20)romantic (11)good for groups (10)special occasion (10)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- LOVE L'Petit Franboise!Port11Dined on 11/15/2014I LOVE Franboise for its energetic bar, the outstanding food, and the outstanding service! Waiters are all so pleasant and attentive, the food is wonderful, the location, the window view, is all wonderful. It's a great atmosphere, although somewhat hard to have a conversation when it's at full capacity... if not for that it would get 5 Stars from me!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very enjoyableFoodluvVIPDined on 11/15/2014Always the perfect menu. Very enjoyable with great service and bar sekectionsSpecial Features:
- Exceptional!MsDoc1Dined on 11/2/2014A truly special restaurant week menu. The Beef, fish..the mussels enough for a full dinner rather than just the appetizer. Just a solid neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Losing its finesseFine2DineVIPDined on 10/30/2014This restaurant has been losing its charm over the last few years. It was once much more on top of their food and service. It is now just another neighborhood spot to get some disappointing food and service. The menu is great offering classic french at reasonable prices but sometimes the execution is off. A simple burger which so many people have raved about was overcooked and almost inedilble. The service can be overbearing or invisible. It would be great if a bit more attention would be paid by managemant to tighten up this restaurant.
- Always love it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014Great place. Consistently delicious. Our favorite neighborhood "go to" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ServicePothedinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014Our second visit and while the food and service especially our waiter was good, the restaurant was packed and a bit noisy. Also the kitchen got backed up a bit so we had to wait longer for our food then we wanted. The onion soup is one of the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Anniversary MealElisaVIPDined on 10/18/2014My sweetheart and I celebrated our sixth anniversary at Le P'tite Framboise this past Saturday night. The service was quick and friendly. The Framboise salad is plenty for two to share. The greens were fresh and the walnuts had a special toasted flavor that. My boyfriend's sea bass was cooked perfectly - cristpy on the exterior and flaky and fresh inside. Vegetable ragout was seasoned perfectly and had a wonderful texture and flavor. My scallop ravioli in a creamy lemon zest sauce were heavy and heavenly. We shared the generous trio of sorbets - lemon, mango and framboise (of course) for dessert. The recommended rose from Provence paired perfectly with each dish. Can't wait to try brunch next!Special Features:
- Great French foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014I have passes this place a million times, and decided to try it for a birthday celebration for 6. The restaurant was full. There were lots of drink options- signature drink was very good . Others ordered wins and beer. Also very good. Our group had a salad, duck tacos, calamari, followed by some fish, steak, and chicken enters. Delicious. I'll be back soon for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny French restaurantweaselDined on 10/11/2014This place is very small and tight and noisy! Especially when you have two tables with kids celebrating birthdays. The food was very good but since we arrived for a 6 p.m. reservation, we received stale bread that was heated in the oven. The second serving was fresh and much better. The lamb chops were great but cold and the salmon had a side of perfume tasting couscous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit, Interesting MenuPothedinerVIPDined on 10/4/2014First visit, not the last. Had an excellent meal. Onion soup one of the best. Steak tartar excellent. Service was excellent. Made a special pasta primavera to accomadate a vegetarian guest. Well done. Will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood placeloverestaurantsVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food here is really delicious. It's elegantly prepared and very fresh. My husband's Caesar salad was a bit flat, but my Tuna tartare with avocado mousse to begin with was exquisite. Then we both had striped bass; his was roasted, mine pan seared. Both we excellent. And the tartes for dessert (Tarte Tatin and Rasberry Tarte with Custard) were mouth watering. The service was prompt and courteous. The restaurant is pretty noisy from the voices, probably because of the small size. But it wasn't disturbing because the music was at a good level - not loud and blasting. We've been there for brunch, when it was a bit crazier. Now we've been there for dinner, and we'll definitely come back.Special Features:
- EatfineVIPDined on 9/12/2014First time we've ever been disappointed with the food...My Mussles were delicious(BUT COLD)! Which took away from their Flavor....The bread was overdone(in fact,too toasted...which led us to believe it wasn't fresh!) My husband's chicken(which He always gets & enjoys...was over-cooked(as though it had been sitting around) The bread was so well done he had to get Two new pieces to eat the sandwich! Since we have always loved our meals here....We will return & give rest. Another chance... The waiter didn't seem concerned....& was not very accomodating....Special Features:
- Wat here all the timeLove2dineDined on 8/28/2014Even though we didn't order much they never rush you. Service is spot on. Specials are greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsMytoneDined on 8/16/2014Dinner there the other night, party of four, was the latest of several for us over the past two years or so. As always, the table was ready upon our arrival (we've never yet had to wait), the food was excellent, the drinks (wines, mixed cocktails and beer) were much enjoyed, and the service was willing and competent and spiffy in there European inspired, aproned and bow-tied garb. I tried the onion soup for the first time - the mussels are so excellent that I'd never tried any other first course - and it was as good as I've had anywhere. So, no surprises - business as usual - a wonderful meal, an enjoyable evening, and at a price not beyond what one would expect to pay for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, AgainBarryBDined on 8/10/2014This is our second time here and as the first time, the food & service were wonderful. A little pricey, but you get what you pay for. From the outside, you could easily pass this right by, but once inside you'll be glad you cameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find in Port WashingtonErictheRedCdnDined on 8/10/2014This is a great local restaurant that has all the key items that you would expect from a French bistro. Great menu, good atmosphere, cool décor and good beer and wine selection. We have been to the restaurant a few times and have enjoyed pretty much everything we have tried. Mussels are excellent at Petite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time to go back to FramboiseRosieLou9Dined on 8/8/2014It's been around for awhile and had a lull -- people stopped going -- but La P'tite has bounced back and is even better than ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday Night SpecialJoseas17VIPDined on 7/31/2014Love the nightly specials especially Thursday night. Great food and a nice wine selection. I was not thrilled with the temperature of my steak but everything else I had had on several visits have been outstanding.Special Features:
- Cannot wait to come back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Food and service were really great! We arrived early and sat at the bar until all of our guests had arrived. The bartender suggested we start off with a white wine and it was the perfect choice. As soon as all of our guests had arrived, we were quickly seated. I read some other reviews where people complained about the noise, that was not an issue for us at all. We sat in a booth and the overall ambiance was perfect. While not my first time, it was the first time my guests had dined here and they loved it. The calamari was perfect as well as each of our dishes. We even ordered dessert! Our waiter was very attentive and helpful and very patient with us, for we had no clue as to what we would like to eat. It was a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ejg4Dined on 7/26/2014The huge pot of Mussels with tomato and garlic are divine. The sauce is so good that you will want to finish it plain after all the mussels are gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 32 reviews are from the La P'tite Framboise reviews archive.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2014Been in town a while. Never think to go here, but always have a fantastic experience when we do. The food is delicious and the service is always impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatfineVIPDined on 7/7/2014Feel like we're in Europe....The food is delicious,& always comes hot & as ordered! I'm a mussel Fan.....& I am never disappointed!The bread is excellent also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The staff is excellent, the food is amazing. The only down side is the noise level when it's busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerFrequentdinerDined on 6/28/2014When we arrived for dinner the restaurant staff was so friendly. The staff was very attentive. The salmon was very good. The filet mignon was undercooked, but still good. The rack of lamb was over cooked and tasteless. The sides were good. The restaurant was very loud when we arrived at 8pm, but quieted down as it got closer to 9pm. If you are looking for a quiet dinner, go later. This is a great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okLuv2dineVIPDined on 6/21/2014We eat at this restaurant from time to time when we stay in Manhasset Harbor in the summer. restaurant is very charming visually- French bistro. love the food very good steak frites - Sole Menuere classic and delicious. But service is still very inconsistent. We did not get there when the restaurant was busy /we were seated promptly for 7 PM reservation. Once we ordered and appetizer arrived, took another 40 minutes for the dinner to arrive. Just seemed very slow when the restaurant was not busy at the time. And you know how it goes... trying to flag someone down to get more bread, trying to flag the waitress down to get a drink- too much flagging and not enough waitstaff coming by the table. Love the food not too keen on the waitstaff.Special Features:
- EatorDieVIPDined on 6/5/2014Very good execution of "French Bistro" fare. Steak Frites, Mussels, Roast Chicken all very satisfying. Great Frites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatfineVIPDined on 5/27/2014Always feel like I'm in Paris when we come here! Love the Mussels...French fries & bread are delicious also!Special Features:
- The waiter was rude and loudOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/23/2014Waiter refused to ask if the chef could prepare any of the fish dishes with no butter and sauce on the side. Then said he could do it but it will be dried out and taste awful We left
- loverestaurantsVIPDined on 5/11/2014We went for a Mother's Day brunch, so I guess it was a bit crazy. The service was abysmally slow. The omelet was a bit overcooked, whereas I was expecting something creamier. But in general it was good food. I would try it again at a calmer time.Special Features:
- Mother's Day treatValentineDined on 5/11/2014We were stuck in traffic late by 15 min for a 1:30 resv. No hassle very understanding . It was brunch only menu ,I wish they had expanded menu we ll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerPortDinerDined on 5/10/2014Ate here for a birthday dinner and had good food as usual. However service not up to usual standards. A large party was seated behind us-the seating by the windows is too tight- and a child sent a glass of water flying all over including my back. NO ONE on the wait staff offered to see if I had been soaked even though they were wiping up water all around me. Second, we ordered desert. My desert was brought out incorrectly and had to be sent back. The coffee and tea we ordered with desert never made it to us although, miraculously, they made it onto the bill! It was not until I complained that the items were removed. We never received an apology and did not see our original waiter again to complain. His partner brought us the bill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/10/2014Really enjoyed this restaurant, including the great food and extremely caring staff....GO!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/9/2014We were five persons at our table. The waiter was patient (one diner is 10 years old) and pleasant. Although we arrived at 5:30 pm and were the first or second party in the restaurant, we waited an interminable length of time ... somewhere between 30 and 45 minutes ... for our food to be served. By that time, the place was filled. And it was filled with SHOUTING people creating deafening noise. I am not exaggerating. It was very, very unpleasant. Oh, yeah. The food was very good and very, very expensive.
- Stay awayTmrbudDined on 5/4/2014Overpriced and ill-prepared. Such a disappointment
- Authentic French styleLove2trynewplacesDined on 5/3/2014This little gem of a neighborhood restaurant will transport you to a small town French bistro for an 90 minutes. Fun and delicious. Red snapper special was excellent as was the red wine recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ParisianGGeorgeDined on 5/2/2014My wife and I dined on a Friday night during Restaurant Week. The main dining room, separated from the bar by a small partition, was very noisy, but somehow we didn't mind as it reminded us of restaurants we've experienced in Paris. Service was friendly but not as attentive as I like, probably because they were very busy. I had mussels for an appetizer, and they were good but not outstanding. We both had duck confit of duck leg, but I found it bland, although the accompaniments on the dish were quite tasty. I did have to request more bread twice before we received it, but that was no big deal. All in all, the place is worth trying once, but I doubt we'll go back. Parking is difficult as they do not have their own lot.Special Features:
- DissapointmentEffiDined on 4/26/2014We showed up on time, yet our table wasn't ready for 1/2 hour. Our entrees took very long to arrive and were cold. I will think twice before coming again.Special Features:
- French Bistro, what could be wrongBarbaraDined on 3/15/2014Great look, terrific waiters, good food - a bit pricey but a fun night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was disappointing. EscargotRWLWVIPDined on 3/7/2014food was disappointing. Escargot was tasteless, needed three times the garlic. Chicken dish I ordered in a "port wine sauce" came in a thick gluey gravy which had no flavor at all. My companions fish dish was good but overall, a very disappointing meal and i would not return.
- The service and food was excellent.KarenDined on 3/2/2014The service and food was excellent. Such a cute French bistro decor. Will definitely go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.