37 Newman Springs Rd
Red Bank, NJ 07701Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://laprovencecuisine.com/
- Phone: 7329369100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from La Provence
La Provence is a romantic and very intimate BYOB restaurant located in the Red Bank area of NJ. Inspired by the southeastern section of France, we provide a space where the fusion flavors of Italy, France and the Mediterranean subtly sweep the signature dishes of the chef d'artiste. Our contemporary dishes are designed to delight even the most astute palate. Here, guests can relax and enjoy the authentic flavors of the Mediterranean. La Provence currently replaces the landmark San Remo's Italian restaurant of over 16 years, which has now been relocated to a new location in Red Bank. We look forward to seeing you dine with us soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Provence reviews from OpenTable diners
- So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/17/2014This was our first time at la provence and we were excited to try a new spot in the area...a French restaurant! We were disappointed to find that the decor was dreary and had not changed at all since the restaurant changed owners recently. The service was excellent and friendly, but unfortunately the food was underwhelming. We felt that the quality resembled an Olive Garden or other chain restaurants, which was very disappointing. We would try again, but the food needs some work.
- great menu good qualityelizDined on 5/14/2014great to have a non italian restaurant with a good selection of quality food in the areaSpecial Features:
- Nice atmosphere but average food.kmcadam60VIPDined on 5/3/2014New restaurant in town thought we would give it a try. Not crowded at all for a Saturday night. Not the best location. Nicely decorated with painted murals on the walls. My husband wanted a meat dish and they were all out of beef and it wasn't even 7:30. We were told they had a large party in the afternoon and they ran out. Food was average. The menu did not seem very French to me. Glad we tried it but not planning on returning.
- Will return soon!anonymousVIPDined on 5/2/2014After reading some mixed reviews, was surprised and pleased at how much we enjoyed our meal. The menu is varied, and I will come back to try more of it. We split a delicious calamari appetizer special and had scallop and veal entrees. All were excellent. So was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurantelizDined on 4/29/2014Finally a new NON Italian restaurant with a varied imaginative menu. Food and service was great. Can't wait to go back and take all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the bestlaprovence21Dined on 4/29/2014I had the duck my wife had a salmon, both were excellent. The best duck I ever had, see you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ok, but service lackednittanyhokieDined on 4/26/2014Although we had reservations for a large group at 7:30pm, we were seated and left with nothing for about 45 minutes! Twice we asked for buckets for our wine, with no success. Not even bread was put on the table until after a 45 minute wait. The food was delivered at different times, so half the table had their orders, while others waited. I had the breast of duck, with one edible piece, while the rest were chewy and much too fatty.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/22/2014We were the only ones in the restaurant and one of the staff was standing with his coat on so we rushed out at 9:30 - Food was fair waitress was nice would not go back again.
- Great MenuwatsonDined on 4/17/2014Lots of choices on the menu AND then they also have daily specials. We had the "new" waiter who was being trained and he was personable and very good.Special Features:
- GREAT LOCATIONREMODined on 4/11/2014WE ENJOYED EVERYTHING ABOUT LA PROVENCE! THE FOOD WAS WONDERFULLY PRESENTEDAND TASTY,THE SERVICE WAS EXCEPTIONAL, AND WAS NOT INTRUSIVE, THE PRICES WERE VERY REASONABLE AND THE RESTAURANT HAD A ROMANTIC FEEL.Special Features:
- The food and the service wereBjeanneDined on 4/9/2014The food and the service were excellent. We were not rushed and had a quiet relaxing dinner. It is a nice place to go for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Neighborhood GemwatsonDined on 4/2/2014Outstanding menu with a large selection AND then they even had specials. Waiter was helpful and personable. Was delightfully quiet but only because this place has not been discovered yet. BYOB. Price acceptable for such a treat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/22/2014very slow kitchen - food seemed very Italian influenced; a number of diners left before their meal was served due to excessive wait time. Could be a great find if they get it together.
- Not AgainNotAgainDined on 3/22/2014San Remo this place is not. Our reservations were for 7:45 and we waited an additional hour only to be seated AFTER people who had later reservations. The service was slow and the food was mediocre. All the tables around us were complaining and wondering either why no one took their order or why there food was taking so long. One table was waiting so long that they had to leave before their apps came out. If you don't mind waiting forever to eat so-so food, then this is the place for you. Otherwise, I'm going to San Remo's new location on Oakland in Red Bank.
- poor serviceneilDined on 3/22/2014..two waiters for whole restaurant. Our waiter made the excuse that the reservation system was new.(Don't make your restaurant's planning skills my problem!!). Took waiter a half hour just to clear plates from table(never cleared the empty bottles) Waited one hour for apps and another hour for entree's..service was the worst we've ever witnessed in a restaurant and it was for a Birthday celebration...shameful! We live in the area and will not recommend this place to anyone!
- This is San Remo's sisterCarlos1234VIPDined on 3/12/2014This is San Remo's sister restaurant in the same building that the old San Remo was located in on Newman Springs Road. Similar menu and ambience of the old San Remo. Food still great and the portions are well-worth it. Pork Chop & Short Ribs are amazing!Special Features: