110 Diamond Creek Place
Roseville, CA 95747Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.laprovenceroseville.com/
- Phone: 916-789-2002
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm Sunday Brunch: 8:30am - 1:30pm with Live Jazz from 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Shane McMahon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz during Sunday Brunch
- Special Events: Call the restaurant and reserve a special Tour de l'Isle wine dinner! Monthly Wine Tastings; Monthly Wine Dinners; Monthly Family Movie Night; French Conversation Group; Art Workshops.
A word from La Provence
The flavors of France and the Mediterranean regions prepared with California style, in a garden setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Provence - Best Restaurants in Roseville ›
La Provence reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)great for outdoor dining (82)romantic (76)neighborhood gem (55)scenic view (54)great for brunch (45)fit for foodies (44)great for lunch (41)good for groups (39)notable wine list (31)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- Something Different & ClassyAlwaysEatingOutDined on 8/28/2014We went here to celebrate a special occasion. The atmosphere was elegant but the waitress was also very friendly. The manager was on hand making rounds and chatting with the guests. The view was very nice and the food was cooked perfectly and also very different than the usual. The manager told us some of the history of the design of the building which was very interesting. The food was not overpriced like other fancier restaurants in Roseville-Rocklin area. There is a nice bar area as well and the specialty cocktail I ordered was very good and not fake or too sweet tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerLuvtheambienceDined on 8/19/2014Staff very friendly, wonderful ambience and setting. Food was excellent, especially the desserts. Only complaint was the service was very slow, two hours for a party of 4. Food was lukewarm when it was served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Our first time at la Provence. Very nice varied menu, food was excellent. Service good. Patio looks lovely although we chose to eat indoors. Plan to go again and try the patio. Nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Best night ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and have been a customer for 10 years and tonight was the best. Everything was perfect. Best food ever. I had the paella and my wife had the salmon. Michelle was our server and was excellent. Thanks La Provence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only getting better!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/14/2014Dine there with friends who have never been there. We sat on the terrace and truly enjoyed the live music. Our server was Kyle, who we knew from Ruth's Chris. It was great to see him. Of course the service was perfect and the food also. Our friends were impressed and we are coming back this Saturday to listen to the jazz duo again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great to dine at La ProvenceCMacDined on 8/14/2014We decided to pick La Provence to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary, as we knew we would not be disappointed. Always a great place to dine, especially an evening meal on the Terrace. This evening was topped off with a Jazz duo preforming for the evening on the outside Terrace. Very romantic and special. Our waiter was the best, and the food delicious! We had a very nice and special time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland Flavors, Disappointed LunchCoquilleSaintJacquesDined on 8/12/2014I ordered a classic Proencal French dish, Coquille St. Jacques. But this restaurant serves 'new french' I suppose. To be fair, the scallops were cooked and not raw, the way I like them. But why serve them with a Mexican corn relish?? Served over a bed of blah-flavored orzo. Cafeteria food! ( My mom made this dish the classic way ala either James Beard or Julia Child. They are traditionally in a rich sauce and served in a scallop shell. Yummy! ) My husband had the Hanging Tenderloin. He says it was okay, kind of tough. For appetizer we ordered the spinach-artichoke fondue served with flatbread. Huh? Flatbread? What happened to French bread?? And the "fondue" was flavorful yet it reminded us of a happy hour at a chain restaurant.Special Features:
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2014Spent Saturday evening and enjoyed everything. The food, service and the live jazz was awesome. Thanks La Provence, keep up the great work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, not exceptionaleagles785Dined on 8/8/2014It's a nice restaurant tucked into this north Roseville neighborhood. Casual atmosphere. We elected to sit outside since the evening shade was perfect and the inside air conditioning seemed chilly. Our table had cobwebs on the chair and table legs which probably need to be swept down daily, but weren't. The service outside seems to fall down a bit as we saw our bus boy only once for water when we were seated, and our server seemed to have a great distance to run between the kitchen, the register, and our tables. When she was finally able to show up for drink orders, we were ready to order our food. Food was "too many flavors trying to be too much." Super fancy descriptions. But our palate was left asking, "What's the star flavor?"Special Features:
- sewgirlDined on 8/6/2014A delightful experience,great food and ambiance. Beautiful outside dining area under the giant old oak treesSpecial Features:
- Great for Out-of-Town GuestsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014We often bring friends who are visiting from out of town to La Provence. Not only does it provide great food, but the atmosphere is quaint and elegant. The service is always wonderful. This past Saturday, we brought friends who were visiting from San Francisco, and they had been to France on their honeymoon. They were very impressed with La Provence! Thank you Stephen Des Jardins for bringing this restaurant to our community.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La ProvenceluvtoeatDined on 7/25/2014Food is hit or miss. Some food excellent some very average. Desctiption of food dishes not very accurate. Service very good. Ambience good.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful TimeRockyDined on 7/22/2014The food was great the ambiance was wonderful. The noise level could be a little quieter but at least we could hear each talk. Our server Shannon was Fantastic. She was prompt, caring and very cheerful. Although this was for my birthday my husband and I dine out often and feel as though we have found a real gem.Special Features:
- Great food, iffy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I think our server was overwhelmed. She was nice and polite but we did not see her much. We waited maybe 15-20 min to get our check when we were done. Honestly , the restaurant was not very busy. The food was great although we missed some of our favorites which have been removed from the menu, mainly the Brie. Over all, we enjoyed it and will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectspinosigDined on 7/19/2014Another amazing dining experience for my wife and I. Can we get enough of the Mushroom Gnocci? No way!!! The Chatobriand cooked to perfection ... a great Pinot, nothing better. We had no problem hanging out and savoring every precious moment for 2 1/2 hours .... What a gem this place continues to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio is great and relaxingphase2682VIPDined on 7/17/2014Sitting on the patio on a beautiful summer evening is made even better with the nice selection of dinner options, even the vegetarian options are tasty. Paul's Lemon Drop martini is my wife's favorite accompaniment with the meal. And we can bring our pup with us.Special Features:
- great service, atmosphereVinceDined on 7/16/2014Vita is a wonderful server, attentive, friendly, efficient, with an understated elegance. The main dining room is the most attractive and inviting in the Sacramento area. The food is good, but no chef specials on our most recent visit. The specials give the menu the variety it needSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014The food was great but the service was a little slow. Had to ask the bus boy to ask our waitress to bring us things that we already had asked her for. The restaurant was very warm, not enough air circulating. It was cooler outsideSpecial Features:
- Great place for special occasionPoipuboyDined on 7/12/2014We went there for our anniversary & were very pleased with the selection, taste and service. Our desserts came with candles in honor of our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5th year anniversary dinnerSpecialDined on 7/11/2014We had been to this restaurant once before and enjoyed it. We'd visit more often, but it's a bit pricy for us. That said, I thought it was the perfect place to take my wife for our 5th year anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonchalantJacxDined on 7/11/2014One of our favorite restaurants, but service is the inconsistent weakness lately. Our server has been at La Provenance many years and seems to have grown weary with the concept of hospitality. Food and atmosphere were great as usual, but service makes or breaks the restaurant experience.Special Features:
- Thank you!JackKDined on 7/8/2014I can only wish that we had La Provence in San Francisco. Great place, reasonable prices and food is fantastic!Special Features:
- Good food, reasonable prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Good food, reasonable prices. Service was very good and staff was friendly, but not super professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Love Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014Wonderful eatery!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't say enought about La Provence. Just a wonderful place for lunch or brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLCabbyDined on 7/2/2014Recently went to La Provence for lunch. Although the beautiful outdoor dining patio looked inviting we decided to stay inside because of the heat. As always the ambience is perfect and reminds me of Paris. I was greeted at the door by name and seated in a booth as requested. Our waiter was excellent and friendly. The lunch menu had many excellent choices. Also had a very nice "by the glass" wine list. The food was served promptly and exactly as requested. Shared a tasty dessert and found ourselves talking about when we could come back with friends for dinner! Lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time diner and will return!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2014It was our first time to go to La Provence and went with friends who live around the corner from La Provence. It's their favorite place. My wife and I live in Auburn, so the drive was worth it. Loved the terrace and Jess who was our server. They have happy hour outside, which was great, but the food was excellent. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak & snails were terrible.lindylouDined on 6/28/2014Steak had gristle & too much fat. It was barely edible. The snails were served differently from the last time we were there which was in ramekins. This time they were served on a plate with a very strong tasting cheese (can't remember the name of the cheese). The cheese totally overwhelmed the dish.
- Food is okAchievepeace22Dined on 6/28/2014Small plates lacked flavor - very bland. Restaurant used to provide bread plates with interesting breads and spreads- now it's sourdough slices with three lumps of cold butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014Martinis were OK. NOt the bet I have had. The risotto was bland. Had not had it in some time but last time was much tastier. The Salmon was very good and the carpccio and the artichoke&spinach dip is very tasty. There was one disturbing aspect: when we inquired as to the pricing of the martinis with certain calls versus the house we were given prices. Yet when the bill came the prices had surcharges. We were then told that the prices quoted were for just a shot of voldka and not a martini. The surcharges were removed but this wasnot a comfortable thing to have to go through at an intimate birthday dinner with my wife.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2014service was "poor" had to wait almost 2 hours to receive our entree. either the order was misplaced, and the lack of following up was evident from the server. Although the food was good, the portions were "skimpy" for the price.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant BUT....AnniDined on 6/24/2014Beautiful restaurant but the food was nothing special, service was slow even though it was a Tuesday and the waitress was rude. When I made the reservation I asked for a secluded, quiet, romantic table because we were celebrating our anniversary but we were seated in the middle of the restaurant at a large table next to a party of 20. I asked the waitress to find us a quiet table off to the side but she rolled her eyes and told us everything was reserved but she would check. The hostess came up and showed me two other tables we could choose from but they too were right in the middle of the restaurant. I expected a lot better customer service and we left very disappointed. Next time we will go to Il Fornaio they know how to do it right.Special Features:
- Nice Ambianv6HungryCoupleDined on 6/21/2014Food was delicious...tho the menu selection might not be for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service lousy foodWinston2eatDined on 6/21/2014I have given up on this restaurant, after enjoying many excellent meals over the last 7 years, our last 3 meals have been terrible. Our most recent meal was on June 21. The scallops although they were well cooked were served in a salty disgusting sauce and I was unable to finish my meal our other meals were poorly cook and certainly not worth the price. Our other two experiences this year were similar with tasteless food or steaks that resembled pot roast and uncooked seafood. Given the many enjoyable meals we have had in the past I am very sad that I have to right this type of review. I want to note that our service was excellent and the restaurant did give us one complementary desert.Special Features:
- charmingpickidinerDined on 6/20/2014Enjoyed the French Provence atmosphere. The wait staff we had were attentive but not to pushy or intrusive. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/19/2014Sat outside and enjoyed the view!! Everything was perfect. Our server was Jessika and she was wonderful. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks on the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014I think the outdoor area is beautiful and serene, but don't expect superior service or food. I might go back for drinks on the patio, but their wines by the glass are outrageously priced so I might just go for a cocktail. It seems like they could train their staff better to meet the demands of the Rocklin/Roseville clientele.Special Features:
- PleasedDined on 6/15/2014Every visit to this wonderful location has been incredible. The food is thoughtfully done and presented well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Provence........for good food.DeniseDined on 6/15/2014We had good food at this restaurant. We ate here years ago when they opened.They are still good.Special Features:
- Nice venue, thats the highlightKDRosevilleDined on 6/15/2014First time here was Fathers Day was 2 years ago and was very disappointed with a prime rib that was 90% fat and portion size very small that accentuated the fat content. Manager was very nice and offered a new entree but I passed and went home and made lunch. Gave them a second chance and went again today for Father's Day brunch. Nothing mind blowing food wise and had a Lagunitas IPA and when finished was asked if I would like another, which of course I said yes. 15 minutes later I got the beer, but not the same beer. It was a different beer and was flat and stale. As a micro brew lover I was really disappointed, primarily because the wrong beer they served me was awful. If it was fresh I would have noticed it but not disappointed.
- ServicenewvisitorDined on 6/15/2014when I got there. I requested a table by the window. I was told that I didnt requested it at the time of making my resevation. but it was early enough that there was a lot of open tables along the windows. After eating( 1hr or a little more. there were tables still open.) Either the host or waitress that we asked checked to see if there was a possiblility to move us. Very disappointed as this was my first time at the restaurant. My table was not in a good place. it was on the path of the waiters and waitresses. Please make a note of this, so it doesn't happen to anybody else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.