110 Diamond Creek Place
Roseville, CA 95747Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.laprovenceroseville.com/
- Phone: (916) 789-2002
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm Saturday Brunch: 9:30am - 2:30pm Closed Sunday and Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Shane McMahon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz during Sunday Brunch
- Special Events: Call the restaurant and reserve a special Tour de l'Isle wine dinner! Monthly Wine Tastings; Monthly Wine Dinners; Monthly Family Movie Night; French Conversation Group; Art Workshops.
A word from La Provence
The flavors of France and the Mediterranean regions prepared with California style, in a garden setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Provence - Best Restaurants in Roseville ›
La Provence reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)romantic (53)great for outdoor dining (53)neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (41)scenic view (36)good for groups (31)notable wine list (30)great for lunch (22)great for brunch (15)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)Show More
- Slow and priceyBobMDined on 11/22/2014Yes slow indeed; allow 2:30 to get back out the door! And bring money, but that should be anticipated. But the food is quite good.Special Features:
- Fantastic PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014This is my third time at La Provence, and as always I am impressed with the food and the service. Courteous service staff combined with fantastic food always make for a fantastic combination. It is on the pricier side of the spectrum, but they have a very affordable Prix-fixe menu to allow for a much more budgetable experience. Overall another fantastic night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Critical ThinkingDisappointingDined on 11/14/2014We used to go to La Provence for years, but stopped a couple of years ago due to a shift in cuisine. We decided to try the restaurant again last week in hopes of adding it back to our restaurant rotation. Firstly, we had a reservation at 6:30. They said they couldn't seat us because "the kitchen is currently backed up and we want to seat you when we're up to speed". .... Ok. Well, we are there to dine, not eat. We like a slow service and we tried to communicate that but it went unheard. There was an empty table there that we stared at for almost 30 minutes after our reservation until they sat us at that exact table. We would've been more than happy to sit at the table, out of the way of everyone in the front hall/waiting room, out of those uncomfortable benches, and order cocktails. That way we're seated, can converse with our party, and in addition the restaurant can still make revenue while waiting "for the kitchen to catch up". With that being said, we had the Prix Fix menu and the food was very good. However, with the treatment we had, we will continue to avoid this restaurant in the future.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/12/2014Loved the Jazz and the fires outside. Thanks La Ptovence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great name but...Nikki2Dined on 11/11/2014A bit disappointed. Not a french atmosphere nor american. Food was delicious but the service very slow. Somewhat austere as a place. Overall not a special place.Special Features:
- DinnersolleyDined on 11/6/2014Terrible food, slow service, very expensive, not recommended. Not planning on returning again.Special Features:
- Fall DishesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014Once again we had a great dinner with friends at La Provence. The salmon with cranberries and nut compote sauce is the perfect Fall dish, along with the tomato vegetable soup. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendDaveDined on 10/25/2014Went for the first time with my wife on her birthday. The food was fantastic! The pace of the food coming out is good for an extended evening out. Allowed for conversation. Not a quick meal. Overall was a great experience.
- KatiejacDined on 10/25/2014Good food, but the service was terrible. I had to send my food back it was rare instead of medium. By the time it returned to the table, the rest of my party was finished eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMel95662Dined on 10/24/2014Fantastic food with their wine pairing!! Great ambiance for anything. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/23/2014Thanks again, La Provence. Everything was perfect as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014This is my wife and my favorite place, we love to come here for the food and the staff. We brought some out of town friends and they agreed. It's a great place. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! No fast-food restaurantEnjoyMyMealDined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed our meal at this restaurant. This is not a restaurant that will serve food in 15 minutes but it is expected that you take your time and enjoy the atmosphere. We took almost 2 hours to finish our food as we enjoyed talking amongst ourselves with a couple of drinks. The food was hot when it came out and delicious. Bon AppetitSpecial Features:
- Beyond wordsexbakerDined on 10/17/2014I took someone here for our first date. I want to thank the staff the made every effort to make this a great date. My date got lost on the way and this was not an issue they took flowers I had put them in a vase on our table. I had t go rescue her when we got back right to table the a perfect meal and a perfect night I will always now recommend this a great romantic dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/11/2014As always a great time. We have others choices where to dine and La Provence never disappoints us. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014We chose La Provence for our anniversary after seeing great reviews. We wanted a restaurant with great ambience, and we dressed up for the occasion. It was disappointing to see people wearing shorts and tank tops. It seems as though this is more of a locals restaurant than a destination for a truly special occasion. The service was good, not great. The waiter disappeared for long stretches, the drinks took quite a while, I think they were under staffed. The food was good, but not great. I had the scallops, which were good but a tad bit over cooked. My husband ordered a steak medium rare and it was really rare. We had a nice time, but not a memorable time. I would guess that we won't go back.Special Features:
- OutstandingJoeyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Once again they out did themselves. Food, service and atmosphere is the bomb.Special Features:
- Wonderful Outdoor ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014La Provence has a beautiful outdoor patio. I recommend it when the weather is right. Food and service were exceptional. There was a small hiccup with the reservation. We had reserved a specific table outside but when we arrived the table was still occupied by other diners. The staff went beyond expectations to find us great seating so that our wedding dinner would still be memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Our Waiter, Justin, was awesome!!! We had a small bridal shower and he was so attentive to us. He is definitely an asset to your restaurant!Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant & foodFoodymamaDined on 10/7/2014We had a large group come in for desserts and cocktails, we enjoyed a fantastic night out, with fantastic foods, and a fantastic ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real missPinksDined on 10/4/2014We have been to La Provence many times. This was a 17th Anniversary. Our initial table we were taken to was near the kitchen and my husband was bumped at least three times by wait staff. They told us other tables were possibly for reservations (which turned out to be false as tables remained empty all night). Our vegetable was brought out with our daughter's food (10-year-old) and got cold. Our food arrived very late and the scallops were "black," and unedible. My husband's food was full of fat. We never ate the vegetables and were offered a dessert that wasn't that good, and they took the two entrees we ordered off the bill. Don't know that we will go back, which is a disappointment as it was very good in the past.Special Features:
- LunchDinnerDined on 10/3/2014We have been here many times. I was so disappointed in the food, I can't tell you. It was my 70th B'day and I shared it with my 99 1/2 year old Mother. I don't think we'll go back!Special Features:
- Our PlacenewlywedDined on 10/2/2014Our first date. My formal proposal. Our wedding. Now, anniversaries for each of these. Never disappointed with the food, wine, salads, desserts. La Provence is our place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy!CherylDined on 10/1/2014This is a repeat lunch spot, usually for a birthday celebration. We are never disappointed! Food is good, ambiance is great!Special Features:
- Those were the days my friend...foodieandwinesnobVIPDined on 9/26/2014La Provence left much, much to be desired! Gosh, what a disappointment! I used to go to La Provence to get great food paired with great wine. Last Friday was a great wine (provided by me) and mediocre (at best) food. I am really sorry to be so harsh but, the recommendations that I got (bison) was just T E R R I B L E !!! Sorry once again. My wife ordered the duck and it was , oh so boring! Look, we just want a good value. The main dishes arrived 30 MINUTES late, why? because there was a big party going on and the waiters left to attend the main floor were sparse and supper busy. They brought the wrong salad.... I ordered the kale salad, holy smokes!! terrible again. Sorry for being so negative maybe you can fix these issues soon.
- lovely late summer outdoor diningLovethatvegDined on 9/26/2014I was very pleased with La Provence. Frankly, I thought it would be overpriced and too foo-foo French but my aged mother and I came a bit early (5:30), sat outside on the patio, shared a salad, entree, and glass of wine and we were impressed with the quality of the food and service. We ordered a wonderful, beautiful kale salad...it was memorable...and the salmon entree, served on a kind-of creamed corn base that was excellent. Granted, we were sharing but the price was not outrageous. I am so pleased because there are not many attractice, distinctive dining places in Roseville, to my knowledge. We would definitely eat at LaProvence again.Special Features:
- Eat here at once!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014If I could eat here for every meal I would. Not only is the food unique, fresh, and tasty but the ambiance is wonderful. Happy hour here is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time was not the charmHonestAbeDined on 9/20/2014Our first experience about 6 months ago was a pretty big disappointment. We gave it a second chance and it was even worse. Believe the negative reviews on this one. I could spend another paragraph describing each dish only to arrive at the same conclusion for all 4 of us at the table. Lacking in flavor, skimpy portions and overpriced for the overall quality and experience. There are many, many better choices near Roseville.
- Big DisappointmentmisslauraDined on 9/18/2014We went on a Thursday night to celebrate my husband's birthday. It was not busy...maybe 5-7 tables at the most. We were seated next to a group of business men and women who were very loud. (really?...the whole restaurant was empty). In a short synopsis...Our cocktails took forever to arrive, then they were wrong. The FIRST thing I ordered, they were 'out of it'. We brought in a special bottle of wine, had to ask the manager to bring a bucket for it, the waitress poured the first glass and then never refilled. My main course was rib eye and the meat was tough and I could hardly cut it or eat it. Although we were not charged for the main course, I was offered nothing else. The service was horrible, I left hungry and totally disappointed.Special Features:
- Amazing!! Hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014This place is fantastic! The food is wonderful and the drinks creative and appealing! Service is great! The manager even came over to check on us and get us water, I feel like it's a family here. Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful and DeliciousFPepoonVIPDined on 9/16/2014There aren't many places in Roseville with an outdoor dining spot as pretty as La Provence. Evenings on their terrace are delightful. Add to that deliciously prepared French cuisine and leisurely service, and you have a recipe for a perfect evening. With small plates, full dinners, and prix fixe options, there is something for every appetite. The wine list is not huge, but the selections are very good and prices reasonable. Or, you can bring your own bottle for a $13 corkage fee. Don't expect to get in and get out in an hour for dinner, this is a fine dining experience. Do expect to be enchanted and delighted!Special Features:
- Don't KnowWonderfulDined on 9/16/2014It took 2 hours to bring salad and entree'. Then steak was overcooked. Great scallops for my wife. They worked hard to make it right. Overall we will give them another chance. They were genuine but boy oh boy the service needs to kick it up a notch on timeliness.Special Features:
- roastvilleDined on 9/6/2014Beautiful night to eat outdoors. Food was ok, as usual. Not great, not terrible. Service was better than it has been in the past. The multiple menus are always confusing. They really need to make menus look cleaner, more organized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary Dinner!fancyoneDined on 9/3/2014We had a very nice evening at La Provence. We enjoyed a glass of champagne at the bar during "Happy Hour", which had a nice crowd and wasn't too loud. Nice bar menu! We opted to eat inside rather than on the patio. We were seated in the restaurant adjacent to the patio area. Our server was very pleasant. She served our food in a relaxed, timely manner - but not rushed at all. We both chose to have their price fixed dinner which included wonderful options for soup/salad, main course, and dessert. We were not disappointed! The bottle of wine we ordered ended up being half-price (must have been a "Wednesday Special"). Nice surprise!! We would definitely return to La Provence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChinahandDined on 9/2/2014The tasting menu was very good, pricing was attractive, combination of taste and preparation was very good. I would highly recommend this option.Special Features:
- savorythoughtsDined on 9/2/2014You walk into a beautiful building, service was outstanding and friendly then your dinner arrives and disappointment sets in... The food was very average...too bad because everything else is outstanding except the food.Special Features:
- Great time and foodjancDined on 9/2/2014Four ladies "doing lunch" and enjoyed it very, very much. I am not vegetarian but I almost always order a vegetarian meal there as they are superb...very, very tasty. My companions enjoyed their lunch as well. Will return for sure. In fact.one of the party made reservations for tomorrow night as it is her birthday and she wants to spend it there.Special Features:
- Something Different & ClassyAlwaysEatingOutDined on 8/28/2014We went here to celebrate a special occasion. The atmosphere was elegant but the waitress was also very friendly. The manager was on hand making rounds and chatting with the guests. The view was very nice and the food was cooked perfectly and also very different than the usual. The manager told us some of the history of the design of the building which was very interesting. The food was not overpriced like other fancier restaurants in Roseville-Rocklin area. There is a nice bar area as well and the specialty cocktail I ordered was very good and not fake or too sweet tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerLuvtheambienceDined on 8/19/2014Staff very friendly, wonderful ambience and setting. Food was excellent, especially the desserts. Only complaint was the service was very slow, two hours for a party of 4. Food was lukewarm when it was served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Our first time at la Provence. Very nice varied menu, food was excellent. Service good. Patio looks lovely although we chose to eat indoors. Plan to go again and try the patio. Nice ambiance.Special Features: