25020 Highway 190
Lacombe, LA 70445Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.laprovencerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (985) 626-7662
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Erick Loos IV
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: From New Orleans: Take I10 west to Causeway Blvd. North towards Mandeville, approximately 24 miles. Upon exiting the bridge stay right on
Highway 190 East. Continue on 190 East approximately 8miles. La Provence will be located on your right side 2 miles past Fountainbleau State
A word from La Provence
Country French inspired restaurant. At La Provence, “cooking with heart” means everything. The menu blithely ignores the cutting edge of urban contemporary French food, and instead reflects the time-honored, time-consuming rustic techniques that in turn reflect the rugged earthiness of the ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
La Provence - Best Restaurants in Northshore ›
La Provence reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)fit for foodies (62)romantic (61)notable wine list (31)great for brunch (28)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (20)scenic view (11)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Unbelievable rudeness, poor serviceDisappointedDined on 11/22/2014My wife and I were seated next to a large table who as the evening wore on became increasingly louder. They even were so rude as to pull a cell phone out and start playing music loudly. All this in what should be a fine dining restaurant. The staff did not ask these rude people to turn off their music which they continued to play throughout the dinner. Unfortunately my wife's shrimp in her dish were not fully cooked and service was mediocre at best.
- excellant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014this was our first visit to this restaurant and it definitely will not be our last - this could very well end up being our new go-to place for special occasions going forward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationDougDined on 11/21/2014Enjoyed a lovely meal to celebrate our 33rd anniversary. La Provence is always our first choice for a special occasion. The beet salad and pumpkin soup were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationPoppaBruceVIPDined on 11/20/2014Customer service was well over the top. Been here many times and sometimes you get an off night. It was all rectified, but very surprised that the "lump crab-meat" bisque didn't have any lump or even close to lump crab-meat. But our terrific waitress took care immediately before the last spoonful was done and brought out a bowl of lump crab-meat. Very nice customer service. The sweet potato ravioli was over the top - kind of dessertish. The $54 filet was ordered medium rare. Oops someone forgot to bring it out on time and it was served medium well at best. But again our super waitress brought it back and it came out the second time perfect. Don't know where the mushrooms went to or if they were there they must have had a shortage. Oh well - what do you expect for the price?? For our inconvenience - they did bring us 2 desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambiance at La ProvenceNolaBoatGuyDined on 11/15/2014Eating at La Provence is like being transported to a house in Provence for a few hours. We love to go there in winter because of the fire-places. There were 6 of us, our table was set a bit apart next to a large fireplace. We had a lovely time. The food was wonderful especially the pork cheeks. Our server was ful of information which is great because we asked tons of questions. A great experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014We went. With friends and everything was perfect-the wine, the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return VisitEarleWWDined on 11/9/2014We have always enjoyed our visits to La Provence. The service has always been very good and the food is excellent. It is a very good, un-hurried way to enjoy an afternoon. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lives2eatDined on 11/9/2014Great place to enjoy an excellent meal with friends or family. Great service not pushy, allows you to enjoy your outing. They have a well planned menu with a good variety of choices. Food is flavorful and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rural gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014We had the great pleasure of dining at La Provence in its former glory in the 80s and 90s and its return as a very special place is special. Besh has kept the place much as it was, reminiscent of rural France, and polished it up a bit. The food is outstanding and service is competent and cheerful with excellent bar and good wine list. Every dish was outstanding, and there are baby pigs to see currently out back in the farm area. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyFfioDined on 11/7/2014Visiting was a nice break from the everyday fare; the food was well-prepared, the decor is quaint, and the staff were friendly and helpful. There were only a handful of menu options, which I personally greatly prefer, and the dishes were very attractive. One of our party was vegetarian and the chef created a lovely dish especially for her. We hope to come again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our fave...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014La Provence is our FAVORITE restaurant. It has a distinct point of view and showcases John Besh's farm-to-table philosophy beautifully! We live within walking distance and go every chance we get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionDocdawnDined on 10/31/2014La Provence never disappoints. The food and service are always outstanding. This time was no exception.Special Features:
- Best of the Besh restaurantscfhnolaVIPDined on 10/31/2014In our opinion, this is the best of the John Besh restaurants -- which is saying a lot. We'd eat here more often if it wasn't 45 miles away. Still, we go several times each year. The food and the service are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Provence in South LouisianaTravellerDined on 10/26/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday here as she is a big fan of John Besh. The ambiance is pure Provence and the service is smooth. The food was superb. My wife had the drum with lump blue crab and what has to be the most decadent Hollandaise ever to be served! I had rabbit over torn house made pasta. Beautiful rural setting with kitchen gardens and a farm yard that serves the Besh group. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank You for a Great BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I would just like to thank the wait staff at La Provence for their extreme patience and grace last Sunday evening. I was in town for the weekend with my kids (3 and 6) and brought them with me to dinner with my father. Kids in restaurants can be challenging at the best of times. Everyone was very patient and kind to them. Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!!!!TNOLADined on 10/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary there and the service was excellent! Thank you Just Joyce for the great service and poem.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday dinnerCm531Dined on 10/18/2014Perfect place to celebrate a special occasion a deux. Intimate Ambience ( wish it had been cold so we could have experienced the romance of the fireplaces). Server was helpful and knowledgable. Menu is small but perfectly executed. Loved the blend of favors in every dish we ate. True artistry at work. Yes, prices are on the high end but that's expected for this type of restaurant. The "market menu" --3 course meal for $30-- is a good value and especially delicious since everything used is seasonal and at the peak of flavor. Also give high marks to the crab bisque (full of lump crab meat) and the complimentary chicken liver pâté with garlic toasts. So silky and delicious -- even if you don't usually like chicken livers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Restaraunt!BingDined on 10/18/2014This is a beautiful place to dine. I loved the atmosphere. The appetizer (sweet potato ravioli) was better than my entree, (duck) I was a bit disappointed by that, but the ravioli was so wonderful that no amount of duck could ever measure up. I really liked it that much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The food was delicious. The presentation was excellent. A truly outstanding experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh...RedBeans04Dined on 10/12/2014The food was fine. Not bad, but also nothing stood out as fabulous. This restaurant would be wonderful at half the price. For a family of four (mon, dad, two kids) the cost was $220 with tip. You could go to many other better tasting restaurants for that amount of money. I'm not adverse to spending $$$$ on dining but when I do I really want it to wow me. Unfortunately, I wasn't wow'd. When you go, I guess you are paying the prices of a local celebrity chef who isn't actually in house. Funny because I really enjoy a couple of his other restaurants but we've tried La Provence several times and have never really loved it.Special Features:
- The Shalett Familyi2luvnolafoodDined on 10/12/2014With family visiting from out of town, our group of six had one of the best brunch experiences EVER at La Provence! We will return as much as possible. The cuisine was diverse, creative, lavish - and super affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an old friend as good as everbordeauxfanDined on 10/11/2014I have enjoyed this restaurant now and again since the early 1970's. The food remains excellent. My ducking was near perfect. The soups are a strong suit with the crab bisque and pumpkin both excellent. We did not sample the gumbo this visit but found it exceptional in the past. This is a very wine friendly restaurant as are all of those owned by John Besh A great way to enjoy special wines and not have to cook to have them with a meal. Were it closer to home I would go more oftenSpecial Features:
- OutstandingcabanawomanDined on 10/10/2014This venerable restaurant is as outstanding as its billing. The food is fresh, seasonal and delicious. Not too far-fetched, but with innovative taste touches and plating. Service was friendly, helpful and attentive. The ambiance is very pleasing and comfortable. Although it may be off the well beaten path to new Orleans, La Provence is definitely worth an out-of-the-way trip to the North Shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014LaProvence was great overall,except service was a little hurried, particularly for a night when the restaurant was not full. OpenTable was a big problem, though.Special Features:
- Monumentally DisappointingDisappointedDined on 10/10/2014Oh my! I hate to have to write this but La Provence was a huge disappointment. We do not know what has happened to the restaurant food, but definitely there has been a definite lowering of Besh standards since the last time we ate there. John Besh should disassociated himself with the restaurant or totally rethink the menu and chef.Special Features:
- Excellent foodbayoublueDined on 10/4/2014Our dinner was excellent! Could use larger glasses of wine.Special Features:
- Great anniversary date night.Gr8nightoutDined on 10/3/2014Our first time at la Provence. We looked at length for a quiet private setting, close to home that would offer seclusion and great dining for our anniversary dinner. Across the board, the setting, the service and the dining didn't disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceKolleen1977Dined on 9/28/2014My friends and I had a wonderful brunch at La Provence and look forward to going again soon. The restaurant is beautiful, the food was delicious and the people who waited on us were extremely friendly. We enjoyed our afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceJjmjDined on 9/27/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. The food was delicious, the service was timely and professional, and the environment was very warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDavis426Dined on 9/27/2014We brought our daughter to dinner for her birthday. The food was excellent, as well as the ambiance and service! It was a wonderful way to celebrate with her!Special Features:
- Not DisappointedLisetteDined on 9/11/2014I have dined at La Provence on many occasions and once again, they did not disappoint from the cocktail at the bar, lovely dinner and wonderful service.Special Features:
- Simply DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014While the Northshore dining scene has improved by leaps and bounds over the past 15 years, this restaurant still tops the charts for me. It's the one that is worth the drive from New Orleans simply for the meal. The rustic setting perfectly compliments the menu and decor. The service couldn't be friendlier or better. The quail gumbo, in particular, is not to be missed.Special Features:
- InconsistentKsantiquerDined on 9/5/2014The food is a combo Of the original chef, Chris and John Besh influence. It is hit and miss and the service is very plebeian.I would recommend this to a friend.
- love2dineout2Dined on 8/31/2014I loved the relaxed and comfortable feeling of the dining room. The ambiance was one of classic style and relaxed and enjoyable dining! The service was excellent, and the assistant chef bringing the dinner meals to the table was a unique and classy touch! The crab bisque was delicious with large amounts of crabmeat and so well-seasoned! The entrees of crispy cornmeal fried soft-shell crab and the slow roasted lacquered duckling were divine and so well prepared! The specialty drinks and wine lists were reasonably priced. I definitely want to return to La Provence to try other dishes and to enjoy the wonderful dinner/brunch or lunch experience!Special Features:
- Aug brunchHudsonDined on 8/31/2014Everything was wonderful as always. The staff make you feel very welcome; they are attentive but not overbearing; and chef Eric turned prepared the most delicious meals. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everWorktofishDined on 8/24/2014Two things: First, I have been dining here for 20+ years, and Chef Eric is hitting on all 8 cylinders at this John Besh restaurant. Secondly, I have NEVER given a restaurant 5 stars in all four categories, but after our brunch there on Sunday, it is well-deserved. This is the best brunch offered in the entire metropolitan New Orleans area. Well worth the day-trip across the lake.Special Features:
- Great timeGaryDined on 8/23/2014We celebrated our 36th anniversary there and to say the least we enjoyed every moment and every morsel.Special Features:
- Just OkayJnorthshoreDined on 8/22/2014Excellent service and great ambience, but the food was a bit disappointing. Hadn't been there in years and was looking forward to a great meal. Appetizers were delicious but the entrees were just OK. Will need to give it another try since I have memories of much better meals.Special Features:
- fist timewaitedtoolongDined on 8/22/2014We had a wonderful time and found our waitress to be very sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DougDined on 8/9/2014The Burrata mozzarella, peach, and prosciutto appetizer was amazing, and the drum was good. Oysters ooh la la a little disappointing. This is one of our favorite spots on the Northshore, and we will be back. Good menu choices, great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.