25020 Highway 190
Lacombe, LA 70445Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.laprovencerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9856267662
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Erick Loos IV
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: From New Orleans: Take I10 west to Causeway Blvd. North towards Mandeville, approximately 24 miles. Upon exiting the bridge stay right on
Highway 190 East. Continue on 190 East approximately 8miles. La Provence will be located on your right side 2 miles past Fountainbleau State
A word from La Provence
Country French inspired restaurant. At La Provence, “cooking with heart” means everything. The menu blithely ignores the cutting edge of urban contemporary French food, and instead reflects the time-honored, time-consuming rustic techniques that in turn reflect the rugged earthiness of the ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Provence - Best Restaurants in Northshore ›
La Provence reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)romantic (84)fit for foodies (72)notable wine list (31)great for brunch (31)neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (21)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I loved the relaxed and comfortable feeling of the dining room. The ambiance was one of classic style and relaxed and enjoyable dining! The service was excellent, and the assistant chef bringing the dinner meals to the table was a unique and classy touch! The crab bisque was delicious with large amounts of crabmeat and so well-seasoned! The entrees of crispy cornmeal fried soft-shell crab and the slow roasted lacquered duckling were divine and so well prepared! The specialty drinks and wine lists were reasonably priced. I definitely want to return to La Provence to try other dishes and to enjoy the wonderful dinner/brunch or lunch experience!Special Features:
- Better than everWorktofishDined on 8/24/2014Two things: First, I have been dining here for 20+ years, and Chef Eric is hitting on all 8 cylinders at this John Besh restaurant. Secondly, I have NEVER given a restaurant 5 stars in all four categories, but after our brunch there on Sunday, it is well-deserved. This is the best brunch offered in the entire metropolitan New Orleans area. Well worth the day-trip across the lake.Special Features:
- Great timeGaryDined on 8/23/2014We celebrated our 36th anniversary there and to say the least we enjoyed every moment and every morsel.Special Features:
- Just OkayJnorthshoreDined on 8/22/2014Excellent service and great ambience, but the food was a bit disappointing. Hadn't been there in years and was looking forward to a great meal. Appetizers were delicious but the entrees were just OK. Will need to give it another try since I have memories of much better meals.Special Features:
- fist timewaitedtoolongDined on 8/22/2014We had a wonderful time and found our waitress to be very sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DougDined on 8/9/2014The Burrata mozzarella, peach, and prosciutto appetizer was amazing, and the drum was good. Oysters ooh la la a little disappointing. This is one of our favorite spots on the Northshore, and we will be back. Good menu choices, great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014La Provence has been one of our favorite restaurants,so we decided to return to celebrate our anniversary This time our server rushed us through our dinner although the restaurant was not crowded at all. When asked about any specials the reply "They are all on the menu"The lamb chops were well prepared but lacked any seasoning at all;the quail in the gumbo was not deboned, making completing the dish a challenge. The crispy drum was just a glorified fish stick; overdone, underseasone and quite dry. Our waitress continued to rush us through the meal until we finally asked her to slow down;as we had driven over an hour to have dinner there. We were only asked about 1 glass of wine or beverage during the meal. We were very disappointed.
- Wonderful!BirthdayGirlDined on 8/8/2014The food was fabulous. The drink menu had some great items. I loved Miss Joyce's Cosmo. Beautiful surroundings, two fireplaces. I will go back in winter but not just to see a fire in the fireplace. I will also return in the fall or spring to dine outdoors on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible...LovegoodfoodDined on 8/3/2014Went for Sunday brunch, and will return for dinner tonight. Complimentary pate was silky and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annivesary DinnerFoodie14Dined on 8/2/2014It was a very pleasurable evening spent enjoying our anniversary and the food is always outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent DiningDDelightsDined on 7/31/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the food, the service and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for getting togetherJuLMDined on 7/26/2014Husband and I met my sister and bro-in-law for dinner Saturday evening and it was wonderful to be able to enjoy a super meal and visit -be able to talk to each other at a normal tone of voice! I hate a noisy restaurant. Our server Micah W was a pro and very pleasent and relaxed. I enjoyed my Whahoo entre but my husband's drum was a bit heavy, like the frying oil wasn't at the right temp (he compared it to a fish stick). Sister got the Market menu and was very satisfied with the pork, bro-in-law said the duck was awesome. Will be back for brunch one day!Special Features:
- Very NiceBoncopelandDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went here on a date night. The service was excellent and the food was good. We will go again for another date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was over the moon.ButtercupDined on 7/13/2014I was over the moon. The selection and food quality exceeded my expectations. Really very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceFoodfortheSoul22VIPDined on 7/12/2014Wonderful steak and softshell crab were the entrees of choice for my wife and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La ProvençeLoupeGarouGrasDined on 7/9/2014Meal was absolutely incredible. Our server, Courtney, was very knowledgeable and made great recommendations on food as well as wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinner celebrationgoirishDined on 7/3/2014We traveled here with our family, a party of 10. As we entered we were greeted with smiles and a feeling that we were happily welcomed. It was a wonderful dining experience. We were very well cared for, the food was a work of art. I think all of us would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for many yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2014Family celebrated two events--daughter's 54th, and our 60th wedding anniversary. We have been going to La Provence since 1976. It never fails to be an event. The pate at the start is always a hit. Good bar cocktails, and a limited but reasonable wine list. Entrees were all quite good (the filet being a bit pricy), and desserts & after dinner drinks fine. Will go again, but alas, it's a 100 mile drive from our home. Guess that shows how much we like it. Only minor issue was an annoying hum in one of the room A/C units. Perhaps they will repair that soon.Special Features:
- You'll be glad you didtnthokeDined on 6/28/2014This was our 5th trip to La Provence over the past 6 years. It remains extremely consistent, with an unusual and eclectic menu that is superbly put together and served in an quiet, romantic, yet large enough for a substantial group by friendly and an extremely accommodating staff. The menu selections are not as wide and varied as August, but the quality and craftsmanship with which Eric Loos performs his duties is extraordinary. Situated idealistically for anyone residing on the Northshore this is a John Besh restaurant that should be a must visit for the discerning diner. 5 stars and a meal that is guaranteed to exceed expectations.Special Features:
- Half & HalfFleurTDined on 6/25/2014Half of our meal was quite good but half was not. Avoid the lettuce salad and the monkey bread pudding. The soft shell crab was well prepared as was the puppy drum. That "bread pudding" was essentially a dinner roll turned to cinnamon roll with a spoon of brown sugar on the side with vanilla ice cream. Disappointing
- The Bes(h)t!sammydayeatsVIPDined on 6/21/2014Worth the drive across the lake if you're visiting New Orleans. The best beef tenderloin I've ever eaten. Everything about this place was excellent. Don't forget to check out the pigs in the backyard. You may be eating one of their brothers!Special Features:
- It was a happy, Happy Birthday.khd21Dined on 6/21/2014Been wanting to dine here forever. For my birthday, my daughter chauffeured my husband and me from the southshore so that we could enjoy "beverages". The staff very attentive, but not stuffy. We dined from 7 to 8:30 perfect dining time for two people. Not too fast; not too slow. The complimentary house made pate took me back to a dinner I had in Paris. I had the "salt & pepper, shrimp and watermelon app that had a gazillion flavors and the entree grouper was perfection as was hubby's soft shell crab. And the oysters, well, Ooh La La! A joyful meal right down to the molten chocolate dessert with hazelnut icecream. The ambience is like no other place around here. La Provence was everything I had been dreaming of and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CliftonDined on 6/21/2014Superb meals with outstanding service! Server was familiar with low sodium options. Would recommend highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, wonderful restaurantChairPrincessDined on 6/20/2014The delicious food and wonderful staff made a birthday dinner fantastic. I had been here before, but not in a while. We were treated like royalty. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripGranEDined on 6/15/2014About 45 minutes from New Orleans in an old farm house. Beautiful setting. Great service. Delicious food especially the quail gumbo. Not really much for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Provence 06/14DoxieDined on 6/15/2014French country inn atmosphere with great food. Father's Day brunch was super and quite reasonable. Always a good experience. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Besh hit the spot!MegCDined on 6/15/2014The food here is the best on the Northshore. Quality and consistency is key. The brunch is an amazing deal. Don't pass it up!Special Features:
- Held up to expectation.AbnRgr375Dined on 6/13/2014We are relatively new to Louisiana and the Norrh Shore and have seen this restaurant on Open Table when looking for places to eat. We saw it featured on a local PBS style show and decided that is where we would celebrate our anniversary. We had high expectations and it did not disappoint. The food was fabulous and the service was perfect. Will definitely be come a favorite dinning escape without the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding MealV1VRV2Dined on 6/7/2014My wife and I and another couple dined here Saturday night. Three of us had the fixed price three course market menu, which included a chilled corn soup, pork blade steak and a peach dessert with Steen's syrup cookie crumbles. The corn soup was a grand slam home run. Unbelievable combination of flavors!!! The peach dessert was a solo home run. The pork blade steak was excellent as well. My friend that didn't get the market menu had the rack of lamb and said it was excellent. We also had the sweet pea ravioli and oysters ooh la la appetizers and they were great. Outstanding meal and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Provence was excellentBobbelDined on 6/5/2014We had reservations for 8:30 but flight arrived late into New Orleans -- so we asked them to push it back -- They stayed open for us and gave outstanding service even although we were so late that we were the only ones in the restaurant. Food reminded me of France-- from the Pate and toast at the beginning. Seafood was excellent and I highly recommend the pork ( they raise their own pigs). The quality of LA Provence is well worth the effort to drive into the country.Special Features:
- Lovely evening!NolagalDined on 6/1/2014We loved La Provence to celebrate a graduation! The house is beautiful, and we loved going to see the pigs out back. Our server was very personable, and the food, exquisite! The torched peaches were unreal! We also loved the cocktails... yum! Thanks for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like a restaurant near Dijon FranceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014I once dined in a small country restaurant in France (near of Dijon), which was in a non-touristy area, way out in the woods. Someone I knew who lived in the area took us there. It had a cozy ambience, exposed beams, clay tile floor, hanging copper pots, and an intimate feel. I took lots of photos. We actually cooked our own meat course which consisted of thinly sliced meats (beef, chicken, veal) which we seared (with the help of long forks) on clay tiles with burners beneath that were brought to our table (one tile per 4 diners, so it was a communal thing). Whenever I go to LaProvence it makes me think of that restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Besh has kept Chris' dream alivezone9Dined on 5/29/2014This was always our anniversary place when we lived in Slidell, LA. After 11 years in Florida we had the chance to go back and relive some great dining memories. Chef Chris is no longer with us, but Mr. Besh has kept the ambience and flavor that was this restaurant's tour de force. The crab bisque served in a canning jar was scrumptious! The soft shell crab was presented well and totally enjoyable. The best beginning is still the Pate du Foie Gras and toast! I hope we don't wait another 11 years to visit again. So glad John added a new room in the back, it is the perfect place for a private party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, romantic, deliciousLaurenVIPDined on 5/28/2014I loved everything about this restaurant... We drove up and saw pigs grazing and beautiful produce growing right behind the building. The restaurant is a charming rustic building with low beamed ceilings and ceramic floors, beautifully decorated. It was very romantic. When we sat down we were served toast and rich, delectable paté. The wine list was very reasonable, and the menu has a $28 fixed price option (but we opted for the a la carte menu). We got the salt and pepper shrimp salad and the oysters on the waitress's recommendation (both amazing). For our main courses we ordered the lacquered duck and the escolar. Both were fantastic, but the escolar was one of the most delicious dishes I've ever had. For dessert: get the monkey bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday AfternoonLeftyMHVIPDined on 5/25/2014We like to dine at La Provence on Sunday afternoon! Depending on the time you get there, you can order off the brunch or dinner menu. In any case, the Restaurant is quiet so you get full attention of the wait staff and kitchen. One of the best restaurants around the New Orleans area for a leisurely dinner on a Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently amazingAmazingDined on 5/25/2014Begining with a complimentary pate and ending with a delicate dessert, all of the food here is fresh and fantastic!! The chef is a true artist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in second visitBatonRougeDined on 5/25/2014We had brunch at la Provence in Feb 2014 and enjoyed it. The second time, last week (May 2014) was disappointing because the food was mediocre this time. One first course was too salty, one person's main course (fried soft-shell crab) was too oily (seemingly fried in low-heat oil). Given this experience, I don't think we will drive again 90 min. from Baton Rouge to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing!LivewireDined on 5/25/2014My wife and I have been here on many special occasions and every time the food and service has never failed to be outstanding! This is by far, my wife's favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Just ask!HMCNOLADined on 5/24/2014It's almost as if your wish is their command. We dined with another couple and the service was fantastic... We had a food allergy that was taken very seriously and accommodated perfectly. We were lamenting a desert that used to be on the menu and our server offered to check with the kitchen to see if they could offer it to us and they did! It was delicious, as usual. The service is always top notch at La Provence and the food is always fresh, seasonal, and inventive. Worth noting, you can purchase the pâté to go and bring a little flavor of France home with you. Looking forward to our next evening at this lovely restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningluv2dineDined on 5/23/2014Food was excellent all around. Not inexpensive but worth the price especially for a special occasion. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.