25020 Highway 190
Lacombe, LA 70445Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.laprovencerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9856267662
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Erick Loos IV
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: From New Orleans: Take I10 west to Causeway Blvd. North towards Mandeville, approximately 24 miles. Upon exiting the bridge stay right on
Highway 190 East. Continue on 190 East approximately 8miles. La Provence will be located on your right side 2 miles past Fountainbleau State
A word from La Provence
Country French inspired restaurant. At La Provence, “cooking with heart” means everything. The menu blithely ignores the cutting edge of urban contemporary French food, and instead reflects the time-honored, time-consuming rustic techniques that in turn reflect the rugged earthiness of the ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
La Provence - Best Restaurants in Northshore ›
La Provence reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (63)fit for foodies (61)notable wine list (29)great for brunch (26)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (16)scenic view (11)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Thank You for a Great BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I would just like to thank the wait staff at La Provence for their extreme patience and grace last Sunday evening. I was in town for the weekend with my kids (3 and 6) and brought them with me to dinner with my father. Kids in restaurants can be challenging at the best of times. Everyone was very patient and kind to them. Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!!!!TNOLADined on 10/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary there and the service was excellent! Thank you Just Joyce for the great service and poem.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday dinnerCm531Dined on 10/18/2014Perfect place to celebrate a special occasion a deux. Intimate Ambience ( wish it had been cold so we could have experienced the romance of the fireplaces). Server was helpful and knowledgable. Menu is small but perfectly executed. Loved the blend of favors in every dish we ate. True artistry at work. Yes, prices are on the high end but that's expected for this type of restaurant. The "market menu" --3 course meal for $30-- is a good value and especially delicious since everything used is seasonal and at the peak of flavor. Also give high marks to the crab bisque (full of lump crab meat) and the complimentary chicken liver pâté with garlic toasts. So silky and delicious -- even if you don't usually like chicken livers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The food was delicious. The presentation was excellent. A truly outstanding experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh...RedBeans04Dined on 10/12/2014The food was fine. Not bad, but also nothing stood out as fabulous. This restaurant would be wonderful at half the price. For a family of four (mon, dad, two kids) the cost was $220 with tip. You could go to many other better tasting restaurants for that amount of money. I'm not adverse to spending $$$$ on dining but when I do I really want it to wow me. Unfortunately, I wasn't wow'd. When you go, I guess you are paying the prices of a local celebrity chef who isn't actually in house. Funny because I really enjoy a couple of his other restaurants but we've tried La Provence several times and have never really loved it.Special Features:
- The Shalett FamilyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014With family visiting from out of town, our group of six had one of the best brunch experiences EVER at La Provence! We will return as much as possible. The cuisine was diverse, creative, lavish - and super affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an old friend as good as everbordeauxfanDined on 10/11/2014I have enjoyed this restaurant now and again since the early 1970's. The food remains excellent. My ducking was near perfect. The soups are a strong suit with the crab bisque and pumpkin both excellent. We did not sample the gumbo this visit but found it exceptional in the past. This is a very wine friendly restaurant as are all of those owned by John Besh A great way to enjoy special wines and not have to cook to have them with a meal. Were it closer to home I would go more oftenSpecial Features:
- OutstandingcabanawomanDined on 10/10/2014This venerable restaurant is as outstanding as its billing. The food is fresh, seasonal and delicious. Not too far-fetched, but with innovative taste touches and plating. Service was friendly, helpful and attentive. The ambiance is very pleasing and comfortable. Although it may be off the well beaten path to new Orleans, La Provence is definitely worth an out-of-the-way trip to the North Shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014LaProvence was great overall,except service was a little hurried, particularly for a night when the restaurant was not full. OpenTable was a big problem, though.Special Features:
- Monumentally DisappointingDisappointedDined on 10/10/2014Oh my! I hate to have to write this but La Provence was a huge disappointment. We do not know what has happened to the restaurant food, but definitely there has been a definite lowering of Besh standards since the last time we ate there. John Besh should disassociated himself with the restaurant or totally rethink the menu and chef.Special Features:
- Excellent foodbayoublueDined on 10/4/2014Our dinner was excellent! Could use larger glasses of wine.Special Features:
- Great anniversary date night.Gr8nightoutDined on 10/3/2014Our first time at la Provence. We looked at length for a quiet private setting, close to home that would offer seclusion and great dining for our anniversary dinner. Across the board, the setting, the service and the dining didn't disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceKolleen1977Dined on 9/28/2014My friends and I had a wonderful brunch at La Provence and look forward to going again soon. The restaurant is beautiful, the food was delicious and the people who waited on us were extremely friendly. We enjoyed our afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceJjmjDined on 9/27/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. The food was delicious, the service was timely and professional, and the environment was very warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDavis426Dined on 9/27/2014We brought our daughter to dinner for her birthday. The food was excellent, as well as the ambiance and service! It was a wonderful way to celebrate with her!Special Features:
- Not DisappointedLisetteDined on 9/11/2014I have dined at La Provence on many occasions and once again, they did not disappoint from the cocktail at the bar, lovely dinner and wonderful service.Special Features:
- Simply DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014While the Northshore dining scene has improved by leaps and bounds over the past 15 years, this restaurant still tops the charts for me. It's the one that is worth the drive from New Orleans simply for the meal. The rustic setting perfectly compliments the menu and decor. The service couldn't be friendlier or better. The quail gumbo, in particular, is not to be missed.Special Features:
- InconsistentKsantiquerDined on 9/5/2014The food is a combo Of the original chef, Chris and John Besh influence. It is hit and miss and the service is very plebeian.I would recommend this to a friend.
- love2dineout2Dined on 8/31/2014I loved the relaxed and comfortable feeling of the dining room. The ambiance was one of classic style and relaxed and enjoyable dining! The service was excellent, and the assistant chef bringing the dinner meals to the table was a unique and classy touch! The crab bisque was delicious with large amounts of crabmeat and so well-seasoned! The entrees of crispy cornmeal fried soft-shell crab and the slow roasted lacquered duckling were divine and so well prepared! The specialty drinks and wine lists were reasonably priced. I definitely want to return to La Provence to try other dishes and to enjoy the wonderful dinner/brunch or lunch experience!Special Features:
- Aug brunchHudsonDined on 8/31/2014Everything was wonderful as always. The staff make you feel very welcome; they are attentive but not overbearing; and chef Eric turned prepared the most delicious meals. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everWorktofishDined on 8/24/2014Two things: First, I have been dining here for 20+ years, and Chef Eric is hitting on all 8 cylinders at this John Besh restaurant. Secondly, I have NEVER given a restaurant 5 stars in all four categories, but after our brunch there on Sunday, it is well-deserved. This is the best brunch offered in the entire metropolitan New Orleans area. Well worth the day-trip across the lake.Special Features:
- Great timeGaryDined on 8/23/2014We celebrated our 36th anniversary there and to say the least we enjoyed every moment and every morsel.Special Features:
- Just OkayJnorthshoreDined on 8/22/2014Excellent service and great ambience, but the food was a bit disappointing. Hadn't been there in years and was looking forward to a great meal. Appetizers were delicious but the entrees were just OK. Will need to give it another try since I have memories of much better meals.Special Features:
- fist timewaitedtoolongDined on 8/22/2014We had a wonderful time and found our waitress to be very sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DougDined on 8/9/2014The Burrata mozzarella, peach, and prosciutto appetizer was amazing, and the drum was good. Oysters ooh la la a little disappointing. This is one of our favorite spots on the Northshore, and we will be back. Good menu choices, great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014La Provence has been one of our favorite restaurants,so we decided to return to celebrate our anniversary This time our server rushed us through our dinner although the restaurant was not crowded at all. When asked about any specials the reply "They are all on the menu"The lamb chops were well prepared but lacked any seasoning at all;the quail in the gumbo was not deboned, making completing the dish a challenge. The crispy drum was just a glorified fish stick; overdone, underseasone and quite dry. Our waitress continued to rush us through the meal until we finally asked her to slow down;as we had driven over an hour to have dinner there. We were only asked about 1 glass of wine or beverage during the meal. We were very disappointed.
- Wonderful!BirthdayGirlDined on 8/8/2014The food was fabulous. The drink menu had some great items. I loved Miss Joyce's Cosmo. Beautiful surroundings, two fireplaces. I will go back in winter but not just to see a fire in the fireplace. I will also return in the fall or spring to dine outdoors on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible...LovegoodfoodDined on 8/3/2014Went for Sunday brunch, and will return for dinner tonight. Complimentary pate was silky and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annivesary DinnerFoodie14Dined on 8/2/2014It was a very pleasurable evening spent enjoying our anniversary and the food is always outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent DiningDDelightsDined on 7/31/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the food, the service and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for getting togetherJuLMDined on 7/26/2014Husband and I met my sister and bro-in-law for dinner Saturday evening and it was wonderful to be able to enjoy a super meal and visit -be able to talk to each other at a normal tone of voice! I hate a noisy restaurant. Our server Micah W was a pro and very pleasent and relaxed. I enjoyed my Whahoo entre but my husband's drum was a bit heavy, like the frying oil wasn't at the right temp (he compared it to a fish stick). Sister got the Market menu and was very satisfied with the pork, bro-in-law said the duck was awesome. Will be back for brunch one day!Special Features:
- Very NiceBoncopelandDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went here on a date night. The service was excellent and the food was good. We will go again for another date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was over the moon.ButtercupDined on 7/13/2014I was over the moon. The selection and food quality exceeded my expectations. Really very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceFoodfortheSoul22VIPDined on 7/12/2014Wonderful steak and softshell crab were the entrees of choice for my wife and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La ProvençeLoupeGarouGrasDined on 7/9/2014Meal was absolutely incredible. Our server, Courtney, was very knowledgeable and made great recommendations on food as well as wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinner celebrationgoirishDined on 7/3/2014We traveled here with our family, a party of 10. As we entered we were greeted with smiles and a feeling that we were happily welcomed. It was a wonderful dining experience. We were very well cared for, the food was a work of art. I think all of us would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for many yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2014Family celebrated two events--daughter's 54th, and our 60th wedding anniversary. We have been going to La Provence since 1976. It never fails to be an event. The pate at the start is always a hit. Good bar cocktails, and a limited but reasonable wine list. Entrees were all quite good (the filet being a bit pricy), and desserts & after dinner drinks fine. Will go again, but alas, it's a 100 mile drive from our home. Guess that shows how much we like it. Only minor issue was an annoying hum in one of the room A/C units. Perhaps they will repair that soon.Special Features:
- You'll be glad you didtnthokeDined on 6/28/2014This was our 5th trip to La Provence over the past 6 years. It remains extremely consistent, with an unusual and eclectic menu that is superbly put together and served in an quiet, romantic, yet large enough for a substantial group by friendly and an extremely accommodating staff. The menu selections are not as wide and varied as August, but the quality and craftsmanship with which Eric Loos performs his duties is extraordinary. Situated idealistically for anyone residing on the Northshore this is a John Besh restaurant that should be a must visit for the discerning diner. 5 stars and a meal that is guaranteed to exceed expectations.Special Features:
- The following 990 reviews are from the La Provence reviews archive.
- Half & HalfFleurTDined on 6/25/2014Half of our meal was quite good but half was not. Avoid the lettuce salad and the monkey bread pudding. The soft shell crab was well prepared as was the puppy drum. That "bread pudding" was essentially a dinner roll turned to cinnamon roll with a spoon of brown sugar on the side with vanilla ice cream. Disappointing
- The Bes(h)t!sammydayeatsVIPDined on 6/21/2014Worth the drive across the lake if you're visiting New Orleans. The best beef tenderloin I've ever eaten. Everything about this place was excellent. Don't forget to check out the pigs in the backyard. You may be eating one of their brothers!Special Features: