LA Prime at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel
404 S. Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
LA Prime at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thebonaventure.com/dining/la_prime.cfm
- Phone: (213) 612-4743
- Hours of Operation:
***LA Prime Steakhouse Dinner:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm..
***BonaVista Revolving Cocktail Lounge:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andreas Nieto/ Jeffrey Williams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Our vodka bar features 50 and more selections from all over the world is open on Friday and Saturday from 6pm to midnight
- Special Events: **Sky Room
The SkyRoom provides a secluded and private atmosphere but yet oversees the entire city of Los Angeles. Max up to 24 guests.
*Semi Private within the dining room provides a sumptuous and libational experience to match views 100 guests max
A word from LA Prime at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel
A New York style steakhouse specializing in prime beef and fresh seafood. Our 750+ wine list features an extensive selection of California reds. Awards: For the Best Wine List from California Restaurant Association 2010 and Wine Spectator Award from 2010 to 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
LA Prime at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
LA Prime at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (93)special occasion (88)romantic (78)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (9)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- LA PrimelostlalaDined on 11/22/2014ask for a window seat, awesome view above LA..our steaks were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stop, take a minute and enjoy the viewCelloplayerDined on 11/19/2014This place is a great place for a special occasion. The wait service is excellent and the steak selection is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerWilber1358Dined on 11/18/2014I would love to thank the waiter for his amazing service from beginning to end he chose my partner and Myself meals and paired it with very delicious glasses of wine then he was on top of anything my partner need as it was her day he gave us a phenomenal view of the city and it's beautiful night sky and for the ending he brought us out an anniversary dessert with a candle and two glasses of moscato to pair with the chocolate dessert I really wished I would have remembered his name as the guy needs a raise or a promotion for his superb customer service my name is Wilber Hernandez I hope if my name helps to track him down as I reserved the appointment for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just outstanding in all aspectsJoeandrobinlawsVIPDined on 11/15/2014The maître'd exudes class, the décor is appropriate, the views are spectacular. That is all before the drinks arrive. I had the best daiquiri that I've ever had. Made with fresh lime juice and a perfect amount of alcohol. The oyster Rockefeller are fabulous. I understand the oysters are shucked when you order and the flavor of the "goop" as I like to call it is outstanding. We split a lobster thermidor which was a perfect serving of a dish that is difficult to find and just as difficult to find that is made properly. Even the bread is outstanding. I couldn't recommend this restaurant more. It is terrific and I am a frequent fine diner in Los Angeles proper and around the nation and the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was excellent!!marqanDined on 11/15/2014We celebrated our 10th anniversary there and the staff made us feel truly special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful skylineYulCDined on 11/14/2014Wonderful experience overall. The steaks were cooked to perfection, drinks were awesome and dessert was icing on the cake :)All while enjoying a beautiful sea of lights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA PrimeBirthdayGiftDined on 11/8/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and he said that I always aim high. The view was awesome, the food was excellent and the service was great. Just make sure you take a credit card. After dinner we went to the lounge which is one floor down from the restaurant. We enjoyed the rotating lounge. How could you go wrong with all the class at the Bonaventure. My boyfriend had a great time which was the most important thing. Thank you to the Bonaventure LA Prime and the Lounge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good - over-salted spinach dishLawrenceDined on 11/8/2014This is the second visit on which we returned the hot spinach dish; it was a mountain of salt cloaked in spinach.Special Features:
- the best dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Everything was perfect. Will definitely come back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view/city lightsFoodieDined on 11/3/2014Great place for downtowns scenic view and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memory Made HereTasteT2Dined on 11/1/2014No hype, just pure excellence in food, service and ambiance! If you want to view an amazing skyline while sipping on great cocktails and wine this is the place. If you want to enjoy great food in a romantic traditional steakhouse setting this is the place. If you want to make a memory this is the place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/28/2014Top end steak house. Excellent steaks served with proper attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- open table reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/26/2014Overall, great experience. However, the only pitfall is the time slot from open table was misleading. As it was stated that 1,000pt was available at 5pm, while the restaurant opens at 5:30pm. Please correct that on opentable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, romantic ambianceRonDoeDined on 10/25/2014It was a fantastic experience. The food was perfect. The sunset was absolutely magnificent. The server was attentive and helpful. It was very romantic. My wife loved everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine and ViewTudyDined on 10/25/2014Great atmosphere, and great food with special service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experience!!ClaudiafoodDined on 10/18/2014Everything was great, service, food, view. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWBigManwithBigTasteDined on 10/17/2014Starting with the elevator ride to the 35th floor this experience was incredible!! We were seated immediately for our Anniversary And the service was great!! We had escargot and pork belly for appetizers, both highly recommended!! For entrees my wife had the 8 oz filet medium and it was perfect as was my 22 oz Delmonico bone-in ribeye at medium rare!! We split the creamed spinach and brussle sprouts for sides and the flavors were wonderful!! The restaurant brought us a dessert to share which had happy anniversary written on it!! Cost was what you would expect from a fancy steak house in DTLA!! Our server misplaced our valet ticket but was sure to contact them and make sure we got our complimentary valet!! Overall a spectacular experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent location, perfect viewsredlyn02Dined on 10/11/2014Superb customer service. Thank you for a fabulous dinner evening!Special Features:
- A Must TrytravelzoofanVIPDined on 10/11/2014Nice view, and good food in sizable portions. Highly recommended restaurant!Special Features:
- Elegant experienceLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 10/7/2014Excellent cuisine, handsome furnishings, expert service and stunning views of the city; LA Prime is a quality dining experience on every level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special occassionguillermotaniaDined on 10/6/2014Overlooking the DTLA skyline I surprise my GF on her bday with an engagement ring at the rest. The hostess Adriana played a crucial part in making this night a memorable moment for us. she was very helpful and came up with an excellent suggestion for the proposal. Our waitress Norma was the best. She was the perfect waiter for occasion. Her timing was perfect. After the bday cake on Q out came the ring making her wish come true! food was excellent we started with the chilled oysters. Entree both had filet Mignon 8oz and 10oz both cooked to perfection medium rare. Our sides Asparagus and mash potatoes were delicious. The people we had the pleasure of meeting made our experience memorable and one we will never forget. Norma and Adriana thx uSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surprisekateatsDined on 10/4/2014I had heard that LA Prime was a "good" restaurant, and I had guests in from out of town, staying at the Bonaventure, so I thought, what the heck.. I was extremely pleased, as were my guests. The menu offered a great deal of options for steak lovers (my only complaint is that there is basically one vegetarian main entree...another would be welcome) and the service was lovely. The view is amazing. I hope to return again.Special Features:
- Everything was excellent!SupermiraDined on 10/3/2014Highly recommend, food & service was excellent. Extensive wine list. Wonderful setting and crazy beautiful views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, amazing viewsmarleneVIPDined on 10/2/2014located at an upper level and with unobstructed views , we really enjoyed our dinner. food was very good and service impeccableSpecial Features:
- Lacking flavor.winendineDined on 10/2/2014For the cost, food should have more flavor. Tuna appetizer was bland. Steak was fatty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with a view!TykatsDined on 9/29/2014Book a table at LA Prime because my cousin, visiting from out of the country, wanted to have a dinner with a view. She was happy with the restaurant choice. Steak was excellent. We also had oyster and crab cake as appetizer and both was good. Dessert was delicious, we had the hazelnut chocolate cake, cheese cake and i forgot the other one. The only drawback was the chiliean sea bass. My friend ordered it since she does not beef and she was not happy about it. She said it didn't taste like chilean sea bass. We even ask the waiter if it was a chilean sea bass and he said it was so we left it at that. On the overall it was a pleasant dining experience. Service was kind of slow but the waiters are niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picture PerfectthoughtforfoodDined on 9/27/2014Took my mom to celebrate her 50th birthday. She loved it! The servers were fantastic and I was happy that they made my mom feel extra special by bringing out a treat with a candle at the end of dinner. The filet minon was amazing. Great place. Great food. And dont forget to snap a photo. The view is amazing.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure...ChercheurDined on 9/25/2014Don't expect haute cuisine, but rather good food, well prepared and professionally served. Relax. Enjoy a good conversation and a really nice view. LA Prime is always a pleasure... and a great value.Special Features:
- Another great dining experience!SuperstarrealtorsDined on 9/22/2014LA Prime outdid themselves again with our latest visit. We couldn't remember our previous servers name, but when we were seated, we were greeted by Norma, our wonderful, friendly server from before! Little things like this make us feel welcome, like regulars! The food, drinks, wine, service...all were amazing. We'll be back!Special Features:
- CKingDined on 9/21/2014The taste of escargot (appetizer) was no cooked right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!HotspotDined on 9/20/2014This has become my favorite Southern California restaurant! IT is all good things wrapped up in one place! Great food, great service, awesome city view! Noise level and ambiance perfect for quiet dinner or romantic time.Special Features:
- SoOcDined on 9/20/2014Went because of TravelZoo deal and to celebrate an anniversary. Special menu provided for that coupon. Service was better than average as was the food. Nice view, special attention due to the occasion was nice. Food was not memorable.Special Features:
- Yummy in my tummyKbgotchipDined on 9/14/2014Birthday celebration with the family was made extra special by this restaurant. Really good food, great service, and fantastic view. Best place that we could've ever come for a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceFineDiningDined on 9/13/2014I made a last minute reservation online to celebrate my husband's birthday and the staff provided a wonderful experience in its food and service, which made for a perfect and memorable birthday for my husband! We will definitely be returning. Thank you!Special Features:
- Poor Service, Great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I arrived here around 6:30 PM. When ordering, it was moderately difficult to find someone to take my order. When i asked the waiter for his opinion of the wine list, he had absolutely no idea what i was asking, which was unexpected out of a restaurant of this caliber. The breads were excellent. The seafood platter that came out first was very good. The onion soup that came after was incredibly salty. I enjoyed the steak at the end. We had desserts in the revolving cocktail lounge below, once again unattentive waiters.Special Features:
- spectacular food and viewhavingmycakeDined on 9/12/2014Fantastic views of the city of downtown LA. A beautiful and romantic place for special occasions. The customer service is fantastic and aids in the dining experience. The bone in rib eye is mouth watering and flavorful. I highly recommend it if you're a steak lover. One of my favorite restaurants in LA. We celebrated my husband's birthday, which I noted on the reservation notes and he got a free chocolate dessert that said happy birthday. It's located at the top of the building so the views are spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeCharbelVIPDined on 9/5/2014A great place for a special occasion. The food that was on the travelzoo voucher was not very good. the salads looked fancy but i did not like them the steak was delicious. the dessert was ok.Special Features:
- JEXTERDined on 9/5/2014Overall, our dining experience was very good. My wife ordered the filet mignon and as expected, it was good! I ordered the scallops, but were too salty! (I ate some of it, and didn't finished my food.) I was going to bring it to their attention but I was pressed by time as we are scheduled to watch a mini concert that nght.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealroysVIPDined on 9/3/2014I read many reviews of LA Prime and can say their food and service was outstanding. The crab cake appetizer was great quality large lumps of crab meat and the sauce complimented it well. I had the New York strip medium rare and it was cooked perfectly through the entire steak. The creamed spinach was equally as good.Special Features:
- CharmingGorgeousDined on 9/2/2014The food outstanding, the service impeccable, the view spectacular. One of LA's best restaurants!Special Features: