LA Prime at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel
404 S. Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
LA Prime at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thebonaventure.com/dining/la_prime.cfm
- Phone: 2136124743x
- Hours of Operation:
***LA Prime Steakhouse Dinner:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm..
***BonaVista Revolving Cocktail Lounge:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andreas Nieto/ Jeffrey Williams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Our vodka bar features 50 and more selections from all over the world is open on Friday and Saturday from 6pm to midnight
- Special Events: **Sky Room
The SkyRoom provides a secluded and private atmosphere but yet oversees the entire city of Los Angeles. Max up to 24 guests.
*Semi Private within the dining room provides a sumptuous and libational experience to match views 100 guests max
A word from LA Prime at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel
A New York style steakhouse specializing in prime beef and fresh seafood. Our 750+ wine list features an extensive selection of California reds. Awards: For the Best Wine List from California Restaurant Association 2010 and Wine Spectator Award from 2010 to 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
LA Prime at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
LA Prime at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (83)special occasion (76)romantic (69)notable wine list (28)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (21)late-night find (12)hot spot (9)neighborhood gem (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- a gem!CarolinaDined on 8/27/2014Amazing view, great service, delicious food! It's like escaping from the craziness of the city into a beautiful quiet and romantic place. Love it, will be back!Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The service was bad, The waiter acted like we were his last priority since we had a travelzoo voucher. We asked about buying a bottle of wine and he never came back. We served as the steak sauce about 10 minutes after our steaks were served. Will not be returning.
- rcjaceDined on 8/23/2014I found this deal through Travlezoo for LA Prime which was great. It gave me the opportunity to visit the restaurant without it being a special occasion. The food, the service, the scenic view was great. I'm looking forward on going back, but next I have to book a night at the hotel.Special Features:
- Dining table damageDining4luvDined on 8/20/2014Our table was damaged under table cloth, when I slid my glass of wine toward me, it hit the hidden divot in the table and spilled all over me. My shirt and pants covered in red wine. I showed the bus boy and the waiter, and they comped two scoops of ice cream. Not happy about such a high end resteraunt ( our bill was $300.00) having this issue, with no visit from manager.Special Features:
- LA PrimeLAPrimeTravelzoo1Dined on 8/16/2014We found this restaurant through Travelzoo and we were pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere and the value. Absent was the loud background noise so we were able to carry on a conversation without having to raise our voices. The view was amazing and Jared, our waiter, was exceptional. His recommendations were appreciated and his guidance for the special menu was most helpful. This is truly a special occasion restaurant for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGFB1Dined on 8/16/2014The service is excellent. The food was outstanding A great view of LA. This is one restaurant that should not be missedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expecting something unique...notwhatIexpectedDined on 8/5/2014The Food was great, service needs some work...waiting for a drink over 20 minutes. Manager was informed whom showed no care...coming back after trying to apologize in a demanding manner which I did not appreciate. He should show a little more respect for costumers-specially the ones pin pointing areas that need work. Although he did tried to apologize, I have to say the waitress showed more caring in a respectful manner!!!! overall am disappointed with this place-trying to surprise my bf on a birthday dinner that didn't quite get that far for such an elegant place!Special Features:
- lanabillDined on 8/5/2014The food was just about perfect--the creamed spinach was wonderful. Service could not have been better, the view spectacular. The only problem was that, by dining in late afternoon, the sun reflections off surrounding buildings were bothersome, and we had to do a little moving around the table to get the bright light behind us or to our side. I did not see any sort of shades that might have lessened the problem. Other than that, our evening there could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy girls night outLC8700Dined on 8/2/2014Lovely place as a starter to a girls night out. Food was delicious! We ordered chicken wings (BEST I'VE EVER HAD), and pizzas. Like the fact that with certain drinks, you get to keep the glass as a souvenir. The ambience is a million dollar view! Our reservations were at 7:15PM which was perfect timing since we were able to see a spectacular DTLA sunset. Definitely would recommend this spot to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for GroupsSteakEnthusiastDined on 7/29/2014The steaks were absolutely delicious and huge. The side items and appetizers are large and served family style. Might be too much for one or two people to share. The sides weren't particularly tasty but not bad. The seafood platter appetizer was awesome and more than enough to share. The service was great. The wine was good. The view was ok. We were hoping that the restaurant would rotate for a 360 view but that's only available downstairs in the lounge. All in all, we had a great time. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- didnt get what asked foralexVIPDined on 7/26/2014I ordered white sparagus salad with trouffels I didnt get that I got shaved or peeled green sparagus no trouffels.....they tried to tricked me didnt worked please serve what asked for if u dont have it please say something ahead of time I didnt want to make it a big deal..bread was cold also at least put it on microwave...restaurant was not crowded to use that as an excuse. Better job next time I give you guys a try...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valueconsciousDined on 7/26/2014The food was wonderful - best prime rib I ever had. But this is definitely a very special occasion restaurant as it is very expensive. We had a drink at the cocktail lounge before dinner - $50 for 3 skimpy drinks. Then at dinner we each (3 people) had only an entree and a side. Total with tip $260. It was, however, a very special night and a great memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View...that's all!bestofthebestDined on 7/19/2014I recently was at LA PRIME to celebrate our anniversary & was very thrilled to get there on-time and also to have a good steak! Unfortunately, to my surprise the restaurant was much less than what I expected. We were expecting a luxurious restaurant and a higher caliber of guest but as we walked in we began to feel overdressed (evening blazer & shirt), some guests were not only wearing shorts and t-shirts but to top it off some were wearing regular beach sandals which completely ruined the level and category to which LA PRIME sets themselves for. The service was descent, not stellar, our server was attentive but not consistent when the restaurant was not even crowded. The food was ok but not stellar, I've had a better experience at Mastros!Special Features:
- Good restaurant for a nice dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Came to LA Prime this past weekend to celebrate an anniversary. The food was ok for the price but could have been better. The view of LA was great however i thought the ambiance was a bit flat. The lounge down stair seemed more alive and entertaining.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceNighttorememberDined on 7/18/2014This place was the best experience for my wife & I! Never have been treated with so much respect at any restaurant we've ever dined in at. The whole experience here was breath taking and left my wife very happy and that alone made my night! Our night! From the moment we walked in to the time we left.....thank you to all of your staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing viewFoodieDined on 7/12/2014The view alone is worth visiting. Excellent service and the rotating lounge is a must go to after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and BalletDesapointingVIPDined on 7/12/2014This is a great spot on the 35th floor of the Westin (Downtown L.A) the food and the view are amazing. Blake our server was knowledgeable and polite. This the perfect restaurant to have a nice dinner before a show, is only 5 minutes from the music center. I can only criticize 2 things......the floor shaking constantly, I suppose due to the proximity to the elevators. Second thing is for the customers., this an elegant restaurant....I'm always surprised at the ignorance of a lot of people who don't have the common sense to know that you don't show up to eat at a high end restaurant wearing shorts and t-shirts like if you were going to eat at Denny's! If you don't have the courtesy toward others to dress properly.Special Features:
- Special date nite w/my girlfriendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Great table, great view, great service, great food. You're getting the idea. We will certainly come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014Food was fantastic, Service was great, wine list was very good. Price was a little high but to be expected based on location of this restaurant. I can wait to return.Special Features:
- BigGBIGGDined on 7/4/2014Great steaks, great wine list, great side dishes and wonderful staff.Special Features:
- reviewVIPDined on 7/4/2014Actually a 4.5 star experience. We had a delightful dinner here for my husband's birthday. We did use the Travelzoo menu this time and the food was really delicious. It is a place that you can come and relax, enjoy a great view and have a wonderful dinner. Server was good but not as attentive as past server we really loved here. Unfortunately we had asked for his table and got another server instead with the same name. But overall we still had a really nice dinner.Special Features:
- NiceLizzieBDined on 7/3/2014Had a very nice time with friends. The view is amazing probably my favorite part of the restaurant. Their carrot cake is to die for... I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningLAfoodieDined on 7/1/2014The food was flavorful and beautifully presented. The service was outstanding. We were a group of 8 with 2 kids and every effort was made to accomodate out needs.Special Features:
- What a Viewkika00Dined on 6/30/2014Dinner was spectacular, and the view amazing, drinks were great, and the service was impecable. Definately going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience...KennellieDined on 6/28/2014what can I say about this place.. speechless.. this place is amazing.. from the view, food and service.. I would absolutely recommend and come back here...Special Features:
- Another Perfect Evening!PERFECTDined on 6/27/2014The perfect special occasion or date night restaurant. Great food, great service and a great price, using a Travelzoo coupon! Ask for Rafael as your waiter. Best ever!!!Special Features:
- Expensive, considering...SotoVIPDined on 6/25/2014I've been to very costly restaurants before and enjoy the occasional splurge. This wasn't one of those times. I had my first tip off when I ordered an old fashioned cocktail and found they only had three bourbons to choose from and the drink arrived with bright red maraschino cherries--the ones that taste like a red lollypop; most bartenders reserve them for Shirley Temples. I wished I'd brought some Luxardo cherries with me. My beet salad was tasty, but very small and should really have been called "Frisee salad with a few beets somewhere in there." The shrimp scampi was also well prepared. The flavor was good, but I wanted to go out for dinner after dinner. Entrees ranged from $32-60 or so. Pricey.Special Features:
- loved the food and atmosphere.dazecDined on 6/21/2014Absolutely amazing. I took my boyfriend for dinner and he loved it. The steak wad amazing and so was the seabass. Great for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top the citynucsdocDined on 6/15/2014Great views. Be sure to visit the bar one floor below while it rotates 360.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is really so so,so is serviceJessDined on 6/14/2014Not as good as what I thought.I reserved through OpenTable and put the note "it's my first time and I wanna reserve a table by the window".However, when I get there, it seems like they didn't know that, and put us on a table inside. I talked to them and they put us to a table by the window but in the corner. They said other tables are reserved, but the whole night there was an empty table on a good spot. Also, our waiter was a old guy always forget something.I asked some lemon, he forgot. My friend ordered stake and he said he would put the sauce on the said, but he totally forgot. Moreover, he didn't have time when we asked for the bill, another lady helped us. It felt really bad that night. Also, I get 0 point from OpenTable!
- Truly PrimerubyrosettaDined on 6/7/2014The service was amazing. Our server Norma and Chef Jeffrey gave probably the best food/service that I have ever had in my life. I had a ratatouille moment where I reminisced over life and love through the food. It was truly AMAZING. Thank you Norma and Chef Jeffrey.Special Features:
- Perfect NightOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/25/2014This is a great place with great food and service. The staff is welt rained and caring.Special Features:
- Great place!HappyGalDined on 5/24/2014We were looking for a nice place that had a scenic view of downtown Los Angeles and got even more than that! The food and ambiance exceeded our expectations...it was a beautiful place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak house with City ViewtattsnsnapbacksDined on 5/24/2014service was great and food was as well. spent my 3 year anniversary here and was glad i did so. other than parking being full and having to park around the block which wasn't validated was my only downfall of the night.Special Features:
- great placeMicandcatchDined on 5/24/2014Amazing views, the food is great and the service is impeccable. We would love to come back and tell our friends. The entrees are good sized and the sides come big to share family style. PerfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTDined on 5/22/2014My wife and I have rarely had a more perfect night of dining that this great place! I can find NO fault in the service or the food!Special Features:
- Great experienceGoodfoodtoeatDined on 5/21/2014We celebrated my husbands birthday at the Bonaventure and it was an awesome experience. It began with the pleasant valet person, the host was very nice and helpful and our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. Never an empty glass because of the service excellent service. The view was beautiful. I would definitely come back and also recommend the Bonaventure to others. Thanks again for a amazing night!Special Features:
- Great experienceFaithDined on 5/18/2014The place is so relaxing with great view of downtown. Steaks are incredibly delicious. Worth the price for us. The service is amazing as well, waitress is friendly, very helpful and accommodating. Definitely a good place to go for occassion even if you have kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA PrimeLAinWLADined on 5/17/2014The ambiance and service were excellent. The crab cake appetizer and lobster bisque were both delicious. However, my center cut petite filet, ordered medium rare, was definitely overcooked, a little tough, dry and pretty disappointing. I expected a very tender and perfectly cooked steak. Maybe I just don't know enough about steaks to order the right one the right way. I thought the baked potato was a bit overcooked as well. But, my date seemed to like his prime rib, and we did have a nice time and enjoyed the view a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!ogsin34Dined on 5/16/2014Took hubby for his bday...we had a beautiful view of dtla & the service was excellent. Had the filet mignon & lobster. The steak was okay but the lobster was like butter...best I've ever had! A bit pricy but the experience was well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.