LA Prime at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel
404 S. Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
LA Prime at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thebonaventure.com/dining/la_prime.cfm
- Phone: 2136124743x
- Hours of Operation:
***LA Prime Steakhouse Dinner:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm..
***BonaVista Revolving Cocktail Lounge:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andreas Nieto/ Jeffrey Williams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Our vodka bar features 50 and more selections from all over the world is open on Friday and Saturday from 6pm to midnight
- Special Events: **Sky Room
The SkyRoom provides a secluded and private atmosphere but yet oversees the entire city of Los Angeles. Max up to 24 guests.
*Semi Private within the dining room provides a sumptuous and libational experience to match views 100 guests max
A word from LA Prime at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel
A New York style steakhouse specializing in prime beef and fresh seafood. Our 750+ wine list features an extensive selection of California reds. Awards: For the Best Wine List from California Restaurant Association 2010 and Wine Spectator Award from 2010 to 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
LA Prime at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
LA Prime at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (88)special occasion (82)romantic (73)notable wine list (35)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (28)hot spot (11)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- WOWBigManwithBigTasteDined on 10/17/2014Starting with the elevator ride to the 35th floor this experience was incredible!! We were seated immediately for our Anniversary And the service was great!! We had escargot and pork belly for appetizers, both highly recommended!! For entrees my wife had the 8 oz filet medium and it was perfect as was my 22 oz Delmonico bone-in ribeye at medium rare!! We split the creamed spinach and brussle sprouts for sides and the flavors were wonderful!! The restaurant brought us a dessert to share which had happy anniversary written on it!! Cost was what you would expect from a fancy steak house in DTLA!! Our server misplaced our valet ticket but was sure to contact them and make sure we got our complimentary valet!! Overall a spectacular experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent location, perfect viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Superb customer service. Thank you for a fabulous dinner evening!Special Features:
- A Must TrytravelzoofanVIPDined on 10/11/2014Nice view, and good food in sizable portions. Highly recommended restaurant!Special Features:
- Elegant experienceLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 10/7/2014Excellent cuisine, handsome furnishings, expert service and stunning views of the city; LA Prime is a quality dining experience on every level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special occassionguillermotaniaDined on 10/6/2014Overlooking the DTLA skyline I surprise my GF on her bday with an engagement ring at the rest. The hostess Adriana played a crucial part in making this night a memorable moment for us. she was very helpful and came up with an excellent suggestion for the proposal. Our waitress Norma was the best. She was the perfect waiter for occasion. Her timing was perfect. After the bday cake on Q out came the ring making her wish come true! food was excellent we started with the chilled oysters. Entree both had filet Mignon 8oz and 10oz both cooked to perfection medium rare. Our sides Asparagus and mash potatoes were delicious. The people we had the pleasure of meeting made our experience memorable and one we will never forget. Norma and Adriana thx uSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surprisekateatsDined on 10/4/2014I had heard that LA Prime was a "good" restaurant, and I had guests in from out of town, staying at the Bonaventure, so I thought, what the heck.. I was extremely pleased, as were my guests. The menu offered a great deal of options for steak lovers (my only complaint is that there is basically one vegetarian main entree...another would be welcome) and the service was lovely. The view is amazing. I hope to return again.Special Features:
- Everything was excellent!SupermiraDined on 10/3/2014Highly recommend, food & service was excellent. Extensive wine list. Wonderful setting and crazy beautiful views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, amazing viewsmarleneVIPDined on 10/2/2014located at an upper level and with unobstructed views , we really enjoyed our dinner. food was very good and service impeccableSpecial Features:
- Lacking flavor.winendineDined on 10/2/2014For the cost, food should have more flavor. Tuna appetizer was bland. Steak was fatty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with a view!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Book a table at LA Prime because my cousin, visiting from out of the country, wanted to have a dinner with a view. She was happy with the restaurant choice. Steak was excellent. We also had oyster and crab cake as appetizer and both was good. Dessert was delicious, we had the hazelnut chocolate cake, cheese cake and i forgot the other one. The only drawback was the chiliean sea bass. My friend ordered it since she does not beef and she was not happy about it. She said it didn't taste like chilean sea bass. We even ask the waiter if it was a chilean sea bass and he said it was so we left it at that. On the overall it was a pleasant dining experience. Service was kind of slow but the waiters are niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picture PerfectthoughtforfoodDined on 9/27/2014Took my mom to celebrate her 50th birthday. She loved it! The servers were fantastic and I was happy that they made my mom feel extra special by bringing out a treat with a candle at the end of dinner. The filet minon was amazing. Great place. Great food. And dont forget to snap a photo. The view is amazing.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure...ChercheurDined on 9/25/2014Don't expect haute cuisine, but rather good food, well prepared and professionally served. Relax. Enjoy a good conversation and a really nice view. LA Prime is always a pleasure... and a great value.Special Features:
- Another great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014LA Prime outdid themselves again with our latest visit. We couldn't remember our previous servers name, but when we were seated, we were greeted by Norma, our wonderful, friendly server from before! Little things like this make us feel welcome, like regulars! The food, drinks, wine, service...all were amazing. We'll be back!Special Features:
- CKingDined on 9/21/2014The taste of escargot (appetizer) was no cooked right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!HotspotDined on 9/20/2014This has become my favorite Southern California restaurant! IT is all good things wrapped up in one place! Great food, great service, awesome city view! Noise level and ambiance perfect for quiet dinner or romantic time.Special Features:
- SoOcDined on 9/20/2014Went because of TravelZoo deal and to celebrate an anniversary. Special menu provided for that coupon. Service was better than average as was the food. Nice view, special attention due to the occasion was nice. Food was not memorable.Special Features:
- Yummy in my tummyKbgotchipDined on 9/14/2014Birthday celebration with the family was made extra special by this restaurant. Really good food, great service, and fantastic view. Best place that we could've ever come for a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceFineDiningDined on 9/13/2014I made a last minute reservation online to celebrate my husband's birthday and the staff provided a wonderful experience in its food and service, which made for a perfect and memorable birthday for my husband! We will definitely be returning. Thank you!Special Features:
- Poor Service, Great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I arrived here around 6:30 PM. When ordering, it was moderately difficult to find someone to take my order. When i asked the waiter for his opinion of the wine list, he had absolutely no idea what i was asking, which was unexpected out of a restaurant of this caliber. The breads were excellent. The seafood platter that came out first was very good. The onion soup that came after was incredibly salty. I enjoyed the steak at the end. We had desserts in the revolving cocktail lounge below, once again unattentive waiters.Special Features:
- spectacular food and viewhavingmycakeDined on 9/12/2014Fantastic views of the city of downtown LA. A beautiful and romantic place for special occasions. The customer service is fantastic and aids in the dining experience. The bone in rib eye is mouth watering and flavorful. I highly recommend it if you're a steak lover. One of my favorite restaurants in LA. We celebrated my husband's birthday, which I noted on the reservation notes and he got a free chocolate dessert that said happy birthday. It's located at the top of the building so the views are spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeCharbelVIPDined on 9/5/2014A great place for a special occasion. The food that was on the travelzoo voucher was not very good. the salads looked fancy but i did not like them the steak was delicious. the dessert was ok.Special Features:
- JEXTERDined on 9/5/2014Overall, our dining experience was very good. My wife ordered the filet mignon and as expected, it was good! I ordered the scallops, but were too salty! (I ate some of it, and didn't finished my food.) I was going to bring it to their attention but I was pressed by time as we are scheduled to watch a mini concert that nght.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealroysVIPDined on 9/3/2014I read many reviews of LA Prime and can say their food and service was outstanding. The crab cake appetizer was great quality large lumps of crab meat and the sauce complimented it well. I had the New York strip medium rare and it was cooked perfectly through the entire steak. The creamed spinach was equally as good.Special Features:
- CharmingGorgeousDined on 9/2/2014The food outstanding, the service impeccable, the view spectacular. One of LA's best restaurants!Special Features:
- Fabulous Meal! Everything was greatluvgreatfoodDined on 8/31/2014Every dish was wonderful, especially the burrata salad, and the scallops! The service was really great too!Special Features:
- a gem!CarolinaDined on 8/27/2014Amazing view, great service, delicious food! It's like escaping from the craziness of the city into a beautiful quiet and romantic place. Love it, will be back!Special Features:
- Excellent food, view, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Stopped here on my way home one night, hungry and tired. The service made me feel welcome, the food made me feel better. I ordered an Old Fashioned and it was the best I had in a while. The cowboy cut rib eye was cooked to perfection. I highly recommend this for any occasion.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The service was bad, The waiter acted like we were his last priority since we had a travelzoo voucher. We asked about buying a bottle of wine and he never came back. We served as the steak sauce about 10 minutes after our steaks were served. Will not be returning.
- rcjaceDined on 8/23/2014I found this deal through Travlezoo for LA Prime which was great. It gave me the opportunity to visit the restaurant without it being a special occasion. The food, the service, the scenic view was great. I'm looking forward on going back, but next I have to book a night at the hotel.Special Features:
- Dining table damageDining4luvDined on 8/20/2014Our table was damaged under table cloth, when I slid my glass of wine toward me, it hit the hidden divot in the table and spilled all over me. My shirt and pants covered in red wine. I showed the bus boy and the waiter, and they comped two scoops of ice cream. Not happy about such a high end resteraunt ( our bill was $300.00) having this issue, with no visit from manager.Special Features:
- LA PrimeLAPrimeTravelzoo1Dined on 8/16/2014We found this restaurant through Travelzoo and we were pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere and the value. Absent was the loud background noise so we were able to carry on a conversation without having to raise our voices. The view was amazing and Jared, our waiter, was exceptional. His recommendations were appreciated and his guidance for the special menu was most helpful. This is truly a special occasion restaurant for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGFB1Dined on 8/16/2014The service is excellent. The food was outstanding A great view of LA. This is one restaurant that should not be missedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expecting something unique...notwhatIexpectedDined on 8/5/2014The Food was great, service needs some work...waiting for a drink over 20 minutes. Manager was informed whom showed no care...coming back after trying to apologize in a demanding manner which I did not appreciate. He should show a little more respect for costumers-specially the ones pin pointing areas that need work. Although he did tried to apologize, I have to say the waitress showed more caring in a respectful manner!!!! overall am disappointed with this place-trying to surprise my bf on a birthday dinner that didn't quite get that far for such an elegant place!Special Features:
- lanabillDined on 8/5/2014The food was just about perfect--the creamed spinach was wonderful. Service could not have been better, the view spectacular. The only problem was that, by dining in late afternoon, the sun reflections off surrounding buildings were bothersome, and we had to do a little moving around the table to get the bright light behind us or to our side. I did not see any sort of shades that might have lessened the problem. Other than that, our evening there could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy girls night outLC8700Dined on 8/2/2014Lovely place as a starter to a girls night out. Food was delicious! We ordered chicken wings (BEST I'VE EVER HAD), and pizzas. Like the fact that with certain drinks, you get to keep the glass as a souvenir. The ambience is a million dollar view! Our reservations were at 7:15PM which was perfect timing since we were able to see a spectacular DTLA sunset. Definitely would recommend this spot to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for GroupsSteakEnthusiastDined on 7/29/2014The steaks were absolutely delicious and huge. The side items and appetizers are large and served family style. Might be too much for one or two people to share. The sides weren't particularly tasty but not bad. The seafood platter appetizer was awesome and more than enough to share. The service was great. The wine was good. The view was ok. We were hoping that the restaurant would rotate for a 360 view but that's only available downstairs in the lounge. All in all, we had a great time. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- didnt get what asked foralexVIPDined on 7/26/2014I ordered white sparagus salad with trouffels I didnt get that I got shaved or peeled green sparagus no trouffels.....they tried to tricked me didnt worked please serve what asked for if u dont have it please say something ahead of time I didnt want to make it a big deal..bread was cold also at least put it on microwave...restaurant was not crowded to use that as an excuse. Better job next time I give you guys a try...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valueconsciousDined on 7/26/2014The food was wonderful - best prime rib I ever had. But this is definitely a very special occasion restaurant as it is very expensive. We had a drink at the cocktail lounge before dinner - $50 for 3 skimpy drinks. Then at dinner we each (3 people) had only an entree and a side. Total with tip $260. It was, however, a very special night and a great memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View...that's all!bestofthebestDined on 7/19/2014I recently was at LA PRIME to celebrate our anniversary & was very thrilled to get there on-time and also to have a good steak! Unfortunately, to my surprise the restaurant was much less than what I expected. We were expecting a luxurious restaurant and a higher caliber of guest but as we walked in we began to feel overdressed (evening blazer & shirt), some guests were not only wearing shorts and t-shirts but to top it off some were wearing regular beach sandals which completely ruined the level and category to which LA PRIME sets themselves for. The service was descent, not stellar, our server was attentive but not consistent when the restaurant was not even crowded. The food was ok but not stellar, I've had a better experience at Mastros!Special Features:
- Good restaurant for a nice dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Came to LA Prime this past weekend to celebrate an anniversary. The food was ok for the price but could have been better. The view of LA was great however i thought the ambiance was a bit flat. The lounge down stair seemed more alive and entertaining.Special Features: