La Prima Donna
7704 E Doubletree Ranch Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85258Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Prima Donna
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lpdir.com/
- Phone: (480) 659-4139
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: G.A. LEONEL
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: NOT ONLY OUR MENU ITEMS AND CLASSIC ITALIAN DISHES AS WELL AS SET DINNERS LIKE PRIME RIB AND LOTS OF AMERICAN CLASICS FROM FORMAL TO CASUAL FARE THAT WILL FIT ALL BUDGETS,CALL FOR DETAILS AND INFORMATION. LA PRIMA DONNA WILL HANDLE ALL AREAS OF THE EVENT, INCLUDING SERVERS AND ALL EVENT WARE.
- Private Party Facilities: OUR PRIVATE ROOMS HAVE THEIR OWN ACCESS DOORS, TEMPERATURE AND VOLUME CONTROLS WITH FOUNTAINS AND FIRE PLACES TO MAKE A COMPLETE PRIVATE AND DIFERENT FEEL WITHIN OUR VENUE, FROM EIGHT TO ONE HUNDRED GUESTS, YOU WILL GET THE PRIVACY AND ATTENTION YOU NEED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE. LA PRIMA DONNA WILL WORK WITH YOU ON ALL DETAILS OF THE EVENT, FROM ORDERING A LA CARTE TO A FAMILY STYLE DINNER THAT WILL FIT YOUR BUDGET, NOTHING TOO BIG OR TOO SMALL.
- Private Party Contact: GINO 4806594139x
- Entertainment: WILL FEATURE ALICE TATUM OR SCHEDULED PERFORMER DURING THE WEEK, CALL FOR DATES AND TIMES.
A word from La Prima Donna
Offering a new Tuscan steak house plus the classic Italian offerings. Gluten free with vegetarian selections available! Private dinning rooms and children friendly wrapped in an elegant, professional and romantic environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Prima Donna reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (6)good for groups (5)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (3)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Xerox-Southwest Bus ReunionSholoveDined on 11/8/2014Thank You! On behalf of our team the feedback has been favorable from a Service to the meal! Great ability to team up with a focus on making our visit pleasing! Great employees, people that actually care for our choosing your restaurant, thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Escape PlacehiddendiamondDined on 10/26/2014This restaurant is a bit out of the way and somewhat hidden in an upscale business park. The service was excellent, our waiter was friendly, made great food suggestions as well as wine. Our meal was excellent and prepared just as we wanted it. There was entertainment, which was okay; we are looking forward to returnng on a Friday night, we were informed that great local entertainers are there on the weekends. Great place to have dinner with friends and be able to talk to them without shouting!Special Features:
- Great PlacebrightandwifeDined on 10/13/2014We had a great time. The way the bar is situated to the dining area, it can be a challenge if you only goal is a quiet dinner; but we were there for both dinner and lounge entertainment so we were quite happy. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu, as it was our first time dining Italian. The staff in general was very nice and very funny at times. They made us feel welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR EVENINGJERSEYDINERDined on 10/4/2014THIS IS A GREAT PLACE FOR CONVERSATION. IT IS NOT LOAD AND THERE IS NEVER ANYONE THERE.Special Features:
- Great food, noisy environmentMrGoodfoodDined on 9/27/2014When we arrived at the restaurant, we waited for 10 minutes before someone came and looked at the reservation book and seated us. The restaurant was located immediately next to the bar, which was VERY noisy. The service was good (although there was only one waiter for the entire restaurant), the food was excellent, but the atmosphere was not conducive to a quiet meal.Special Features:
- Terrific dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The side-dish choices were delicious and the house wine nicely enhanced out meals. The service was excellent along with the superb live entertainment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Had no problem changing my reservation because we were the only ones in the resturant at 6:00. The bar area had a private party.
- restaurant was closed with no signckennDined on 8/25/2014My reservation was made for nothing, I called and left a voice mail expressing my disappointment with the fact that I drove all the way to the restaurant for an anniversary dinner with my girlfriend and when we arrived the establishment was closed, no signs saying am early closing and no information on the website regarding it either. Also I never received a call back.
- Birthday dinnerHungryVIPDined on 8/22/2014All was perfect until dessert. Chef came to table and told us the strawberries were not good and offered a substitute. One of our party was celebrating a birthday (noted on the reservation), so wrong dessert and no acknowledgement of the celebration was disappointing. Still the night was good.Special Features:
- great serviceservicemattersDined on 8/21/2014the food was very goor too, but the attention of the wait staff was superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJoanieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food was disappointing. One dish was descriped on menu as being served wit a white sauce. It was served with red sauce. When told to server we were told that's the way they serve it. It was not good.Special Features:
- Not what is semsluckyguyVIPDined on 8/7/2014First and foremost, you don't need a reservation to eat there. My wife & I were 2 of 6 people in the restaurant besides a company party that was going on. We were very disappointed by the level of service, food and drinks. Service was slow, the food was average with small portions and drink was very poor by any bartenders standards. It could be a really nice place if management/owners would step up their quality of service, food portions & drinks. The place itself is nice, but lacking everywhere else.
- The following 34 reviews are from the La Prima Donna reviews archive.
- seakayiiVIPDined on 7/19/2014I was the last diner on a Sunday evening, arriving at 8:30 PM. I had a delicious piece of plain grilled salmon with a very generous portion of sautéed broccoli. No room for dessert. The service was friendly and attentive. The restaurant is very convenient to the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Scottsdale.Special Features:
- Food Lacked Care and PassionAZNativDined on 7/14/2014I am always looking for new to me Italian restaurants, so we tried La Prima Donna. It was Monday so slow is OK, but I think the slow is due to food that lacks care and passion. Out of many things, again maybe a Monday thing, but to find out after you ordered was not the way to do it. I asked if the pasta and sauce was house made and was told it was. The watery tomato sauce on my pasta was never on the stove long enough to generate the deep flavors known in a good sauce. The pasta was not the best I have had, not the worst. Overall not the worst meal I have ever had, but bad enough to keep me from coming back!
- Love this restaurantIrishmistletoeDined on 5/10/2014I always enjoy eating at La Prima Donna. The food is delicious, and the ambiance is lovely. I just wish they would put the Eggplant Parmasean back on the menu....it was amazing, melt in your mouth good!Special Features:
- BaronDined on 5/10/2014My first visit...a great experience...I'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little priceyjerzguy213Dined on 5/3/2014Excellent food and service. But $25-$28 for a piece of chicken? Maybe it wouldn't be almost empty on a Saturday night if the prices were more in line with the competition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/22/2014Food was good, however there were 6 in our party and it took over 15 minutes for all to be served. They need to do betterSpecial Features:
- Great Italian food find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014We loved the food, ambience and service. Definitely will return to La Prima Donna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Needs AttentionRichDined on 4/6/2014Food is good but service is lacking. Ordered a bottle of wine and it was brought to the table opened. This was a first for me. When questioned, waiter explained that's how they serve wine. Really? Change the policy!Special Features:
- Our Open Table reservationseakayiiVIPDined on 3/30/2014Our Open Table reservation was honored with the quiet, indoor table we requested. Our server Evan provided attentive service. The food was freshly prepared to our liking. The bread used for the bruschetta should not be so thick. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East coast Italian styleRedSauceEverywhereDined on 3/29/2014What a fun night and terrific food. Had the special, braised short ribs. Lady had the gnocchi with red and it was all fantastic! Staff was very friendly and took us back to the east coast!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but undiscovered restaurant!ChurchwomanVIPDined on 3/14/2014What a lovely restaurant and delicious food. Definitely a "must go back to" spot. The service was excellent as was the food. The ambiance was very nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs attentionRichDined on 3/8/2014Found La Prima Donna on yelp and our experience was just as the reviews stated. Food was outstanding...service should be better. Waited 10 minutes for menu's after being seated on a night when many tables were open. Another 15 minutes to place the order. You are always requesting a water or bread refill. Food was outstanding and the waiter offered the kitchen would cook a anything on request. Overall would be five stars if they could improve on service.Special Features:
- Dinner and Music is sublime!FrequentVisitorVIPDined on 3/8/2014La Prima Donna has a warm and inviting bar for listening to Jimmy Snowden sing while enjoying a nice glass of wine and an amazing dinner. The pasta with vegetables was delectable and the spaghetti with meatballs was delicious. The portions are just right. Although the bread is doled out to you one piece at a time, it is crusty and tasty. The music is low and great for socializing; hence, it is important to sit in the bar if you want to hear Jimmy sing! Can't wait to go back...soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantBogyVIPDined on 3/1/2014Great Restaurant fantastic food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food!LoveFoodDined on 2/21/2014The food was great! Our server was wonderful but got stuck with a large party and it some time to get our dessert as well as pay for our bill. Was not wowed by the dessert, but the food and portion sizes were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOhioansDined on 2/19/2014The ambiance, service and food were wonderful. They have a wine special on Wednesdays and bottles are half off. We have eaten there twice and both times the waiters were friendly and very helpful when it came to making recommendations. I highly recommend the chicken Parmesan. My granddaughter asked for gluten free pasta and there was no extra charge.Special Features:
- Tremendous!JSMAZVIPDined on 2/14/2014La Prima Donna restaurant is a truly wonderful place to enjoy truly TREMENDOUS food, service, ambiance and music (Friday and Saturday nights in the bar). An Incredible neighborhood McCormick Ranch area restaurant that is worth driving across town to experience; the staff, menu, food preparation, and ambiance is absolutely first class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, it was good restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Overall, it was good restaurant. The food was good; everything was good. It didn't knock my socks off, but it was good. Ample parking in this strip mallI would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Dinner ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/1/2014It was nice to be able to sit and relax for as long as we wanted without having to order immediately and be rushed through the dinner process.Our waiter was very understanding of our needs throughout our evening.Special Features:
- Overpriced generic Italian foodFoodiePVdocDined on 1/31/2014I dined here with friends. We appreciated the low noise as we could enjoy good conversation. We had never heard of this establishment until we came across it on Groupon. We routinely use Groupon to sample new restaurants. Most main dishes are in the range of $24-$30. The servings were large but lacked excitement. We had a $40 for $80 Groupon with 2 orders of bruschetta and drinks. It was not honored. They simply deducted $40 from our final bill instead of $80. At this price point, I expect more.
- Pricey!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/18/2014We sat at the high top in the bar area! The girl bartender waited on us and she was great! It's was not crowded at all and we were there on a Friday night!!! The atmosphere,music and food were Wonderful but alittle to pricey! Also, They should have a better wine selection However, the house Chardonnay was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice menuLucyDined on 1/17/2014Menu was short, but had plenty of things I enjoy. Glad to see they prepare gluten free pasta. Fish dish was great. Marked down to 4 starts only because the Penne a la vodka was not creamy enough and had pancetta in it (not mentioned on the menu). Enjoyed the vocalist during dinner hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem.HRM42Dined on 1/17/2014We enjoy fine dining and this place fulfilled our expectations. The bruschetta was as good as we've had anyplace. An orange roughy dish was hot, tasty and plentiful. A second veal dish was equally satisfying to the palate. Our waiter was personality plus, but not intrusive. Very nice background music filled out a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, Not so GoodBrooklynDined on 1/4/2014we had four persons but they could only come up with three menus.. considering the $25 entrée prices sufficient menus would be nice. Bread was hard to come by. Had to ask three times before we received our second slice! Paste was overcooked on both of the paste dishes and almost mushy.. At the same time the sauce was outstanding
- perfect location!wishitwouldrainDined on 12/31/2013This was a perfect location for a nice dinner with a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to love itJMRVVIPDined on 12/31/2013Okay experience not great. Service was good but it took three tries to get the bill corrected. Lamb shank was covered in salty goo and even though the restaurant was not full they put us next to a big noisy group of 14
- What we enjoyed most aboutPilofritosVIPDined on 12/31/2013What we enjoyed most about this restaurant was the moderate noise level, which made for easy conversation with friends. The food quality was all over the map; my meal was horrific, my husband's was off the charts, the couple that joined us said they enjoyed their meals. My overall impression is this restaurant is on the verge of being very good but needs some serious tweaking to take care of some serious mismanagement. Throughout the evening, there was evidence of staff really trying, but in the end the service was subpar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Place to DineMcDuckDined on 12/31/2013Food was great and the service first class. Worth the 35 minute drive from my house to get there.Special Features: