La Piccola Fontana
El San Juan Hotel & Casino 6063 Ave. Isla Verde
Carolina, PR 00979Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Piccola Fontana
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lapiccolafontana.com/
- Phone: 3052290966
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Last seating 15 mins prior to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alfonso Pescarino, Milan Italy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The Restaurant is located at the foremost entertainment venue on the Island, El San Juan Hotel & Casino. A stunning lobby with dazzling bars and even more dazzling people, live music, the legendary Club Tropicoro, the exciting Club Brava nightclub and an elegant casino offer a wide range of options where locals and visitors can socialize.
A word from La Piccola Fontana
Delight your senses with the exquisite Northern Italian creations of Chef Alfonso Pescarino in a luxurious and romantic environment. For over 20 years, the leader in Italian dinning, serving their famous risottos, pastas, steaks, and seafood recently opened its doors at the new El Conquistador Resort location. Let us provide you with our award winning services, wine selection, and cocktails. The décor at La Piccola Fontana consists of beautiful Italian ornaments and fabulous furnishings. The atmosphere is truly elegant and upscale, and is supported by impeccable service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Piccola Fontana reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (16)special occasion (10)notable wine list (9)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Food was really good. Quiet time of the night. Service was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceSotomayorDined on 8/24/2014Just the best in italian food and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many awards ...no tasteYACMDined on 8/24/2014Decor is beautifully arranged, the chandeliers are spectacular and the furniture is comfortable and elegant. The service is exquisite, they are very attentive in all 4 courses. I was expecting more from their main course. I ordered their star course as it is indicated in their menu, and I was soooooooo not impressed by it. It was lobster risotto on a champagne sauce and it was just plain BLAH! on taste, no taste AT ALL, I even had to add some pepper and salt to it to even have some flavor in my paled to digest. Their broccoli also extremely under seasoned. Tiramisu was ok, I've had better indeed. Is a nice ambiance but not exquisite food as you expect coming from a restaurant that is located at one of Puerto Rico must popular hotels.Special Features:
- Fine Service, Fine DiningNewFoodieDined on 8/13/2014The food is great! I had authentic Italian ravioli for the first time, and it was delicious. The ambiance was nice until a family of about 15 walked in and were VERY loud, but the restaurant staff couldn't do much about that, I guess. The prices fit the mold for fine dinning ($$$$), but I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Picocola is a good pick2ateeVIPDined on 8/5/2014Great food, staff is very friendly and accommodating, and the environment is wonderful. Flexible to your needs and provide options on their offerings. A place that worth a return trip.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerBigblueDined on 7/14/2014Perfect romantic rest for an anniversary dinner. Food was well presented and the service was excellent. Great rest all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/13/2014I was greatly disappointed with our visit to the restaurant. As i was not staying at this hotel, I still however try to get to this restaurant due to past experiences. We ended up being the only people in the place during our entire meal, which kind of told us something. While the waiter was trying to be extremly service oriented, it was way too much. I did not like at all the waiter standing right behind us while we were eating as we could not really have a conversation among ourselves without being heard. Also, the food was not up to what I had come to expect from this restaurant. I will not be returning.
- Great dinnerSteveVIPDined on 7/5/2014Absolutely one o the best italian restaurants anywhere. Beginning with the service then the good, everything was perfect. This was our last night in San Juan and we couldn't have enjoyed it moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!ChewbuttaDined on 6/26/2014I had read several positive reviews before we went, but was hesitant because of the loud and busy hotel it's located in. I couldn't have been more wrong. The restaurant is quiet and the ambiance is fantastic! I'm extremely happy we made the trip over - I couldn't have asked for a better experience! I wouldn't say you should go here for dinner, I would make it a requirement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 79 reviews are from the La Piccola Fontana reviews archive.
- Great food experieneJMartDined on 6/7/2014Great food and quick service. Attention to details.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Italian foodTfoodieDined on 5/13/2014This restaurant is over the top quality and service. I was blown away by how great the food was. Going back again before we leave the islandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vacation stoppauljaneDined on 4/20/2014We were on vacation and found this facility through open table. Glad we did! Service and food were outstanding. If we visit again. We will reserve a table.Special Features:
- Great dinner on vacationdineNdashVIPDined on 4/17/2014This was our last night in Puerto Rico and we loved it here. The food was wonderful and the servers extremely attentive.Special Features:
- The chef de cuisine has aJojoDined on 4/14/2014The chef de cuisine has a touch with food! Top quality! The wait staff, particularly Matteo, really ads to the dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014I love La Picola, food is excellent (veal) but our waiter was a little distracted or possibly had too many tables.Special Features:
- Great classic resturantbillDined on 3/13/2014We have never been disappointed here We made a layover in San Juan and at the el San Juan just to have a drink at the bar and Then the ultimate way to end our vacation at this restaurant This was our 16 th time to dine here in 25 years !!! Just the best!Special Features:
- 3 out of 4 of us had a verycindyVIPDined on 3/13/20143 out of 4 of us had a very nice meal, one had to go back to the kitchen three times then we settled.Special Features:
- Pricey but goodJennBDined on 3/10/2014Menu prices on open table are not updated. Add about $10 to each item for more accurate prices. We were shocked at how expensive it was. The food was good and service was friendly. I don't know if it was worth it for Italian food though.Special Features:
- Great experience, staff, food,FOODIEVIPDined on 2/20/2014Great experience, staff, food, Etc. Pasta was amazing as was the specials. Wine by the glass has a great selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR FAVORITE IN SAN JUANOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2014FOOD IS EXCELLANT, THEY RAISED THE PRICES SINCE THE LAST TIME WE WERE THERE LAST YEAR. WE MAKE IT A MUST EVERY YEAR BEFORE WE GO ON A CRUISE.Special Features:
- Great service. A bit overpriced.KenWDined on 2/10/2014Great service. A bit overpriced. Everything we had at our table was very good.Special Features:
- Expensive!LunchguyVIPDined on 2/1/2014Overall a good experience but prices were over the top and tables were WAY too close together, when I had to go to the bathroom the people next to me had to move their table at the same time we did for me to get out and imam a slender person!
- Good food & service but overpricedReviewerDined on 1/25/2014I ate here on a Saturday night and found the food and service to be great. Food was tasty and portions were generous. However, in my opinion and experience, $72 plus tip for one drink, one glass of wine, a caesar salad and pasta with olives and fresh mozzarella is a bit over the top. If you're a carnivore and plan on veal or steak, expect to spend close to $100. As long as you're prepared for those prices, this is a spot worth visiting for a special occasion, but it's a bit much for just a solo dinner on a business trip.Special Features:
- Italian at its bestCottonDined on 1/2/2014We very much enjoyed our dining experience at La Picolla Fontana. The Italian gilt decor and seating was very beautifully done although tables were exceedingly close to one another. The service was right on target and very attentive. Food was delicious but there was far too much of it for one person and we both felt bad leaving so much behind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good italian foodSusanDined on 12/30/2013We had a wonderful experience at piccola fontana. The food was delicious and the service was wonderful. Would highly recommend in san juanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among The Top 10 in San JuanBernieVIPDined on 12/26/2013This is a superb dining experience for those who are not concerned with the noise and activity level, which can get a bit frenetic. We sat at the front glass window opening into the El San Juan Hotel lobby where La Piccola Fontana is located. I suggest that location to limit the noise and activity level. The variety of appetizers and main dishes ordered were both plentiful and very well prepared, and the service that went with them was impeccable. The service was fairly rapid, ensuring tables were cleared for the next sitting, but to this restaurants great credit they did stay on schedule and were able to seat guests promptly as they arrived despite this being the Christmas rush/holiday period. Net, a superb choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Italian San Juan ResortTm1532Dined on 12/10/2013We were in the back room .... Great food and service... Noise bouncing from loud neighboring table almost overwhelming... No muffling, they were just talking and having a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service outweighs the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/1/2013I have had much better Italian food than this, so this seemed over priced in comparison. The service was very attentive though. They did their best.
- TerriblesalcVIPDined on 11/9/2013Terrible terrible service saw out waiter maybe twice and not once asking how our appetizers or entrees were. Wife ordered linguini with clams and half of the clams were empty. They claimed that they probably fell in the pasta. Poor presentation if you are serving half of the clam shells empty; would be better to just take them out.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2013ordered calamari for apetizer which was very good steak was very tender and shrimp was excellent a good wine list and dessert was very good. service was very attentive. will repeat when in PR.Special Features:
- Good for a romantic dateanabqDined on 10/31/2013From the decoration of the restaurant, the lighting, the music, everything is perfect for a very special night with your significant other. The menu has an extensive list of options for all tastes from meat and poultry to pasta. Excellent food. Will definitely come back and recommend to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantPietroDined on 10/7/2013A wonderful dining experience, as the food and wait staff were outstanding. A very classy restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fair, however, thereknittingmaven1VIPDined on 9/19/2013Food was fair, however, there was a HUGE service charge for sharing dishes which was not explained and could easily have been solved by just bringing an extra plate. Warning read the fine lines.
- Good Italian food. Veal parmagianOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/14/2013Good Italian food. Veal parmagian and all the standards. Home made pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An ok placeZedobVIPDined on 7/28/2013Food and all is ok. I was not impressed. Prices are high for the whole experience. You can spend your money with a greater level of satisfaction elsewhere.Special Features:
- Noisy groupARDORINDined on 7/27/2013The atmosphere in the restaurant is calm and relaxing. The sevice and food are excellent. The waiting time is reasonable and appropriate. Beside us were a table for eight people. They arrived almost at the end of our meal but were very noisy and spoke very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guava better...enough saidOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2013On our last night in Puerto Rico we had a chance to dine at La Piccola Fontana. What wonderful, authentic italian food! The chicken parm and swordfish were divine. The creme brûlée melted in your mouth. And the guava butter they bring out for the bread may be one of the best things I've ever tasted! We will return again.Special Features:
- Great food/service but too noisyJuanVIPDined on 6/30/2013Outstanding Italian food and great service by Mateo. Wine list with excellent selections and reasonably priced considering prime location and high-end restaurant. Unfortunately, there were two tables that were extremely noisy. It got so loud, it seemed like we were in a "cafeteria" in Old San Juan. Not what you expect when paying >$40 per entrée and inviting friends from the US. I requested to be relocated, but was told clients had paid and were about to leave. I would recommend requesting the main salon; it is the nicest area of the restaurant and appears to be quiet as well. On my previous visit to the restaurant, I was seated in the main salon and was very pleased. Would return but will request to be seated away from large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food and te people wereFrankMari42Dined on 6/30/2013The Food and te people were great I can not say enough about this place I usually do not reveiw but in this case I had to make an exception The place is beautiful and the peolple go out of their way to make sure you are well taken care of and the food was greatSpecial Features:
- Crabby WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/27/2013The food was very good. The only negative was our waiter who seemed to be in a bad mood and distracted. He did not know the specials and seemed annoyed that we asked. He acted as if he was doing us a favor by waiting on our table and taking our food orders. For the prices charged, I would have expected better service.Special Features: