La Piazza Dario Ristorante
3075 Slocan Street
Vancouver, BC V5M 3E4Neighborhood:
Renfrew / Collingwood
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
La Piazza Dario Ristorante
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lapiazzadario.com/
- Phone: 6044302195x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm CLOSED SUNDAYS JULY AND AUGUST
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Claudio Ranallo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from La Piazza Dario Ristorante
Exceptional cuisine is life-enhancing magic. A magic to be enjoyed with family and friends, or as a companion to business proceedings. Come to our table with an open heart. At La Piazza you will encounter a warm relaxed atmosphere where fine cuisine is presented in gracious style. Bright and airy luncheons, or intimate candlelight dinners, dining at La Piazza is a revelation of the Italian gift for making an art out of life. Brilliant cuisine selected from the classic dishes of sunny Italy. Prepared from the finest ingredients by Chef Claudio Ranallo, and served in the continental tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Piazza Dario Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Renfrew / Collingwood ›
La Piazza Dario Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (18)good for groups (17)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- first time dinerluv2dineDined on 9/28/2014After hearing the radio commercials for years and having the jingle in my ears all along, there was finally a 'groupon' type deal that prompted me to go. The atmosphere and service and food were very good. It is a tad pricey for the amount of food but that was expected. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- True Italian RestaurantVancouverDined on 9/18/2014If you're looking for an authentic Italian cuisine, this is it. The pasta was done to perfection, al dente! Great variety on the menu. Service was exceptional, very attentive, poured our wine, cleared the plates, and food came in good time.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014I haven't been for a couple of years. I had forgotten how good the food was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DogwoodDined on 9/2/2014We enjoyed Claudio's pasta and meat. Beautiful !! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meets Expectations and then somecorn2eatDined on 8/20/2014We went to La Piazza Dario based on a recommendation from a friend and we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food, good service and overall experience. Would easily recommend to others and woudl likely go back again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian restaurantPakoloDined on 8/19/2014It is a pretty good restaurant, good menu selection. Best part is, free parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Neighbourhood EatsLisaDined on 8/15/2014We stopped into have dinner at La Piazza Daria based on a recommendation by a few people. It was delicious! I did not even know there was a restaurant attached to the Italian Cultural centre. I would come back for authentic italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodFoodieVIPDined on 8/15/2014The food is always good here. Whether you want a causal meal or to celebrate a special occasion, you will get good home cooked Italian food with great service.Special Features:
- Our favourite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I chose this restaurant for a special birthday celebration for a visiting Chinese family from Hong Kong. It was probably their first meal in a real, high-class western restaurant, as they normally only eat Chinese food (even in Italy!). The woman whose birthday we were celebrating wanted steak, and I did NOT want to go to a steak house. This way they would sample real Italian food for the first time. Some had pasta and others had escargots before their steaks, and they thoroughly enjoyed everything. My husband's fish was perfectly cooked, as was my duck breast with portobello mushroom sauce. The service was impeccable, as always. The gateau St. Honore with candles was a splendid finale for a memorable birthday dinner.Special Features:
- OutstandingFoodluversDined on 8/10/2014Outstanding dining experience for my wife's birthday. We started with the Antipasto for two - terrific! Then my wife had the Risotto Funghi and I had the Linguini dI Mare. Two of the most delicious dishes ever. The house red wine is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticWalterDined on 8/1/2014Great atmosphere , good location ,very nice place and clean. Service was great. Steak done perfect, Salmon melts in the mouth, Pasta tasty cooked super:):):):) I would recommend this restaurants:):):):)Special Features:
- horrible servicedisgustedVIPDined on 7/15/2014The waiter that served us was horrible.Said had been working there for about 1 and a half years and am surprised he hasn't been fired. Before we even ordered he already made a statement that started a very unpleasant evening dining there.He was very abrupt and rude when he commented that we should all shut our menus if we wanted to order.When we ordered a calamari appetizer he then came and said that there wasn't anymore and suggested we order the other calamari appetizer, but did not even offer a change in pricing.When we asked for some parmesan cheese, he sighed and replied in an ignorant manner to wait and that it was coming.When we asked for extra bread he made us feel like we were crazy to even ask.More to say but out of space.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014The quality of the food is always consistent and hasn't changed since I started to frequent the restaurant in the 80s. I never hesitate to recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World CharmLouisa007VIPDined on 7/4/2014Really enjoy going back to Dario's. Very good food - decent pricing and great services. Good fun for all.Special Features:
- Wonderful business lunchbillvanDined on 6/26/2014Nice place in this Neighbor for a business lunch, food and service is greatSpecial Features:
- The following 259 reviews are from the La Piazza Dario Ristorante reviews archive.
- Old world charmOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014We were impressed with the decor, the service and the food. The whole place has an understated charm about it that is warm and inviting, like being a guest in someone's home. The food was fresh and delicious, the bread warm and served at exactly the right time, and the servers were attentive without being cloying. Overall a lovely place I would recommend to anyone who wanted an uncomplicated, great tasting and relaxing place for dinner. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerdinner42Dined on 6/20/2014A most enjoyable anniversary dinner, food is always very good.Special Features:
- PerfecthojofDined on 6/19/2014We have been to Dario many times in the past, but we no longer live in the area. It was a delight to go back and it did not disappoint. It is clean and has kept up to date while retaining it's character. Restrooms are clean too. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in townOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/18/2014A hidden gem Great peasant style food ; Great service and the owners are always there - they take great pride in the delivery of a first rate dining experience; amazing wines and great staff!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A classic gemGypsyjmsDined on 6/17/2014Can't make it to Italy this summer? If you are in Vancouver or Burnaby try this lovely family restaurant right next to the Italian cultural Center. The grilled calamari are generous in size and very tender and flavorful. The pasta dishes were all flavorful and perfectly prepared. I particularly like the wide noodles with mushrooms and truffle oil. The waiters are well trained and attentive without rushing you it is obviously a favorite spot for locals to celebrate special occasions. Give it a try. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- kyraDined on 6/15/2014We absolutely enjoyed our first visit to La Piazza Darios. The food was delicious, loved the Italian music, and the service was both friendly and very efficient. It was Father's Day and the staff Warmly welcomed all the "Dads" with a "Happy Fathers Day" and later some "Special Chocolate" (Thoughtful) This restaurant overall had a very warm friiendly atmosphere with several large families dining together" We shall definitely go back. Thank You.Special Features:
- eatforfunDined on 6/10/2014This was a very nice and enjoyable evening spent celebrating a high school graduation so a table of 3 generations, all of which enjoyed the dinner, the service and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting restaurantYR67Dined on 6/6/2014We've wanted to try this place many times as we drive by, finally did with the help of a Social Shopper coupon. The prices were fine dining, comparable to Q4 and other Italian restaurants on west side and downtown, but the feel of the restaurant was more casual. The food was tasty enough, some items were better than others, but more "family fare" than fine dining. My 2 cents would be for this restaurant to "re brand" itself as an "authentic Italian family restaurant", lower the prices, increase the portions a bit, and bring in the crowds. For the same prices, I would rather go back to Q4, Trattoria types of Italian restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was slow from kitchenLovetoeatDined on 6/3/2014Restaurant was not full and it took over 45min for our food to arrival. We were there for lunch & only had 60 mins. When it did arrival it was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014We were looking for a romantic dinner, however there were Several large parties and while the setting couldn't be called romantic the staff took great care of us. Food was outstanding and was a memorable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experienceluv2dineDined on 5/22/2014Met a friend for dinner and was greeted by the owner who was very friendly and accommodating. We chose to sit on the lovely patio which was set with the same elegance of an inside table. I told them I was tight on time and had to be out in an hour and 1/4. The service was prompt, friendly, and plentiful. We had at least 3 people visiting our table at different times. Our main server even gave me a 15 min warning to ensure I was not late, a nice touch! The food was fantastic, very flavourful and perfect portions. The lemon sorbet for dessert was actually served in a lemon, loved the presentation. Whether you want a romantic eve, catch up with friends, celebrating an occasion or business meal, La Piazza is a perfect choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014I am a regular, the food is great and I use for all my meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliciousXYZ123Dined on 5/8/2014We went to Dario's for our anniversary dinner. It's my wife's favourite place. She loves Italian cuisine and the flavorful food at Dario's is amazing; never fails to impress. We've taken friends from out of town to Dario's as well as family. If you love Italian food, definitely visit Dario's.Special Features:
- Quality diningTHC1Dined on 5/8/2014Alway great, food experiences, friendly atmosphere, perfect for meetings or get-togethers with associates and friends. Thanks again for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkHappyDined on 5/1/2014A bit disappointment this time around. Service was lacking, e.g. had to wait to go get someone in order to get cutlery as my meal sat in front of me.Special Features:
- Pricey but worth itdocsedDined on 4/26/2014We have been to La Piazza Dario Ristorante several times and the selection of menu items allows for anyone to find something to eat. The blend of herbs used in cooking the various pasta dishes is excellent. Portions are not large but completely satisfying due to the quality. For dessert, the lemon sorbet is amazing -- served in an actual frozen lemon. Although it seems to cater to a lot of large parties, they seat them at one end of the restaurant so couples and other small parties are not disturbed by the larger groups. Do make reservations though as this is a popular place on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014Great! Great! Great! food and service...Italian style.Special Features:
- Spring2014Dined on 4/19/2014My son, a friend, myself enjoyed a delicious dinner in a wonderful atmosphere. The food and service were right in the number 5 star. I hope to enjoy many meals in this friendly restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusually loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/10/2014Since moving out of the city (to Ocean Park) I no longer enjoy frequent visits to Dario's but reserve it for special dining with friends. As usual, the martinis - food and service were great but an overloud group celebrating ??? made it difficult to think let alone talk. I'm not sure it is possible but, when booking luncheon for two, either find a way to place us further from the madding crowd, as they say, or warn me of the festivities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business diningLW05Dined on 4/7/2014Had a nice dinner. Pace of service was excellent as was the attention and timing of the staff. It was a nice change from the usual chain restaurants. Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our diner and serviceLouisa007VIPDined on 3/14/2014Enjoyed our diner and service very much. Will be back !!! Well priced aswell.Special Features:
- Warm friendly atmosphere andJPPstchesDined on 3/8/2014Warm friendly atmosphere and very friendly helpful staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been here a few times.CocoDined on 3/7/2014I have been here a few times. I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. Except the last time, i did not enjoy the food nor the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Old Country CharmjohnpDined on 2/20/2014The staff and food at this neighborhood gem are fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone for a special occasion or just a night out for a wonderful dinnerSpecial Features:
- Embarrassing Lack of ServiceBohoMinnesotaDined on 2/20/2014I took a top client of mine for lunch here last week. The food was good, however our server was MIA after our food was delivered. My client had ordered a coffee, and we waited, and waited, until she finally said that she had to leave for a meeting. Our coffees finally arrived after 20 minutes and my client had to rush out immediately after having just one sip. Then when it was time to get our bill, once again, our waiter was not to be found. My colleague and I had to go to the till to pay our bill. Totally unacceptable.