La Pentola della Quercia
350 Davie Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 5Z6Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
La Pentola della Quercia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lapentola.ca/
- Phone: 6046420557x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, International
- Executive Chef: Lucais Syme
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Opus Catering expertly blends contemporary food and innovative cocktails with seamless and intuitive service. Stylish and sophisticated, Opus Catering delivers a unique and luxury experience.
- Private Party Facilities: We can host semi-private groups of 12 to 30, private groups of up to 130 and receptions for as many as 200
- Private Party Contact: Ricardo Ferreira 604-694-2103x
- Entertainment: lounge DJ Friday and Saturday nights
- Special Events: Join us on the last Sunday of each month to dine alla famiglia style at a communal table with your neighbours and friends. A minimum of 10 locally sourced courses. $55/person
A word from La Pentola della Quercia
Lucais Syme of Vancouver’s award-winning La Quercia restaurant deliver artfully crafted, Northern Italian cuisine at La Pentola della Quercia, inside OPUS Hotel Vancouver. Complimenting some of the city’s most passionate and experienced servers, each expertly trained on all aspects of the menu, skilfully present the handmade pasta and custom “nose to tail” meat and fish dishes at this Vancouver hot-spot..Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Pentola della Quercia reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)good for groups (17)special occasion (15)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (13)notable wine list (10)romantic (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Celebratory Brunch604foodVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went for brunch in the the middle of a day of bridal dress shopping. Food and service was great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014A great place that is not crazy loud and the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Italian Gem and MoreInsyncDined on 7/20/2014Noticed the family dining menu while strolling through Yaletown. We let the waitress select our seven course menu, noting we had no food fussiness. 3 delicious appetisers, 2 pastas, an entre and desert. Fabulous. $60 each for 7 courses. Plus wine. Yes I would recommend this, age and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cyjhVIPDined on 7/16/2014We were having a business lunch and had other meetings to go to, but the food took a very, very long time to arrive, and was not as good as usual. I have always loved this restaurant but this particular experience was rather disappointing.
- Lost our reservationChloeDined on 6/21/2014We arrived on time for our reservation, but they had lost it. I had made it and it was confirmed through Open Table and the restaurant had called the day before to confirm, but still we didn't seem to have one. It wasn't a big deal since there was a nice table available for us anyways. Just a minor annoyance. Loved the service though and the pasta dishes were lovely as well as the seared tuna appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyalybabaVIPDined on 6/14/2014The taster menus are interesting if you're adventurous and are willing to be surprised. In fairness, they do accomodate food allergies and dietary restrictions. Quite pricey. Definitely not the place to go if you want to enjoy a quiet conversation with friends, or spend a romantic evening. The place is really LOUD! Good service.
- Okay food, great servicefoodlovahDined on 5/30/2014The server was super bubbly and friendly. The risotto and gnocchi were a bit disappointing with little flavor, however the slow cooked meat dish was good. The mouse dessert was also good.
- OveratedMooshiDined on 5/10/2014The food is mediocre. Do not get the Famiglia series.
- Ambience uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our pre Mother's Day Brunch . Children were given priority seating. Gluten free meals were readily identified by staff. All ages from infant ,toddler, teens ,young adults and seniors enjoyed the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious BrunchPeckishDined on 5/10/2014Lovely brunch, 2nd time in two weeks. Service vastly improved. Was friendly last time, but a bit erratic. This time there was much greater attention to the customer & it was a pleasant brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedNSDinerDined on 5/9/2014My partner and I split an order of the lamb angilotti. Tasty, but the presentation was lazy, basically just the pasta dumped in a bowl. For a main, I ordered the smoked duck and my partner ordered a seafood special. The duck portioning was small for the price and while flavourful, the addition of bacon completely overwhelmed the flavor of the duck. There was little else on the plate save a couple small greens and virtually no starch. My partners seafood was fresh and properly cooked, but was completely lacking in flavor. The service was overall lacking, side plates not cleared, etc... This could be an OK place for a late night graze, or drinks and appys, but there are better and less expensive places nearby. I would not return for dinner.
- Love the Brunch!bmarieVIPDined on 5/4/2014The brunch menu is excellent. We've been happy with everything we've ever ordered. The space has a nice ambiance and is comfortable for a group.Special Features:
- Lovely findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Excellent food and service. Very enjoyable. Waitress was very knowledgeable and efficient.Special Features:
- Good Food, Service Could ImprovePeckishDined on 5/3/2014We had a delicious, beautifully presented breakfast at the restaurant. The menu is interesting & the quality of the food good. However, the service, while polite & professional, is a bit hit & miss. It seemed that once our meals arrived, we were off their radar. We wanted salt & pepper, but no one stopped by to ask, so we had to borrow it from the table next to us. The wait staff didn't return to see how we were enjoying our meal & we had to flag them to request another coffee. The staff need training with respect to customer service. But, I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 223 reviews are from the La Pentola della Quercia reviews archive.
- La PentolaAngelaDined on 4/14/2014We took a group of 8 for a work dinner to La Pentola della Quercia, and it was great. We had the shared family style meal, and they were able to accommodate the two gluten free folks in our group and ensured any other food issues/preferences/dislikes were taken into account. The food was very good and the portions large, although most of us did not love the octopus course. The staff were attentive and friendly. I will likely come again with my husband for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, server outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/7/2014So we headed to La Pentola because we could bring our own wine (corkage $35) but it turns out the food and service are pretty great too! I can talk about the food a bit - have the burrata cheese appetizer, the charcuterie, the risotto…all good, very good! Everyone enjoyed the food immensely at our table. That said, our server was Beth and she was AWESOME - she was funny, well versed in the menu, patient, cute and just plain awesome! She made our night even better than it would have been with just food and wine…you know when some one just lights up the room and makes the evening run just a little smoother…Beth did that! That said, we would head back to La Pentola again…loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch menu!bmarieVIPDined on 4/6/2014Wonderful brunch menu, food quality, and service! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinner for a spec occasionToddDined on 4/4/2014Had a great meal for my birthday with my wife. We did the 7 course tasting menu and had a dining experience instead of a simple dinner. Every course was delicious and interesting and somewhat unique from their own homemade goat cheese ricotta to a pork tenderloin that was better cooked than any I have had before! After wine, digestive and coffee it's an expensive evening but worth it for the special occasion. If you don't drink it's a deal. $55 each for 7 quality courses is a steal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful but not La QuerciaJasonDined on 3/29/2014We had an amazing evening here recently and the food and service were excellent. My only critiques would be: 1) it was a tad noisier than I would have thought... the bar was quite hopping and there were a number of large groups and those were likely contributors but there was certainly a time during the height of dinner where you had to strain to hear the people across from you - full disclosure: we are younger so its not a hearing thing ;-) 2) while the food was excellent, I felt that the 7 and 10 course meals weren't as original as La Quercia and that all they were really doing was making everything on their a la carte menu and it didn't feel as special and unique. I'd go back for sure but I might go to La Quercia first...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and missOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/22/2014Sometimes very good, sometimes not so good. The greeter seemed generally unhappy and not friendly. Had no time to answer questions about the food. Also didn't bring us bread. The waitress who showed up with the food was nice and did a good job. I've been there at least five times and would give it high marks seventy percent of the time, the rest of the time I don't think it's worth the money. Better, more consistent choices are available in the area for the same or lower cost. This latest experience was disappointing due to inadequate service. I had gnocchi with oxtail ragout, it was good food. Portions tend to be fairly small. My wife had chicken salad sandwich and enjoyed it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chidren portions!fg203VIPDined on 3/10/2014The food is fairly good but the pasta portions are VERY small. This my second disappointing meal in a row.
- Excellent High-end ItalianWolfordVIPDined on 3/9/2014Inspired food, a bit of a splurge but well worth it. The savory soufflé to start us a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedRussellDined on 2/24/2014Took my family to this restaurant, while it was ok, it is not Umberto's which we miss dearly. Ambiance lacked, and staff though friendly just did not quite make it 3-3.5/5, food was good and the table setting, circular, was a good setting for all of us to chat Just do not think I would return Price was fair
- From a random pick to a great findMLee7771Dined on 2/22/2014Originally, was looking for a quick dinner with my parents on my dad's birthday. As it turns out, I have found a gem. I didn't have much expectations, but as it turns out, they have blown my expectation to the moon and gave me an amazing dinner and dessert. Great job! Will definitely try to come back with my friends in the future.Special Features:
- excellentLuluDined on 2/21/2014the food was delicious - great menu. wine selection was also very good as was the champagne. service excellent. we'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat Yourself to a Special MealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/20/2014Utmost attention to food freshness and quality. Proper sized portions. Fresh, perfection pasta, burrata cheese was a treat. Menu was a bit confusing, but our waitress was excellent making sure we knew each dish before ordering. Kitchen will modify dishes on request( ie no anchovies on the burrata salad)Special Features:
- great famiglia affairOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/19/2014love the shared tasting menu that our group of eight ordered. 7 or 10 courses, we chose the 10 courses, portions were small enough that we didn't feel overstuffed. every dish was delightful. wine choices were great too. overall had a fantastic time and closed the place down on a weekday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelySCooperDined on 2/17/2014A group of friends and I went there for dinner, the food was great and the servie was exceptional. The dinner menu changes frequently so you always get to try something new. It was a bit pricey but a great fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was very niceBCR77Dined on 2/15/2014It was very nice. Food was very good and service was excellent. Nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unrelaxing and lacked communicationKathDined on 2/14/20141st ever visit to this restaurant. The food was good, but unfortunately, the whole experience left a sour taste. It was loud, busy, totally unrelaxing. Everything you would expect being seated at a v small table right next to the kitchen in the bar area. I cannot fathom why we were given such a table when we made our resy well in advance when there was plenty of room avail. 7 course tasting menu option only. While a great deal, it was far too much food for us. By the 4th course, we were not enjoying the rest of the meal. Knowing in advance would've allowed us to choose our valentines dinner restaurant accordingly. We had our last 2 courses to go as we were itchin to leave. Couldn't relax. Will not return.
- Valentine's outingEllaDined on 2/13/2014My boyfriend and I dined at La Pentola for Valentine's day and it was one to remember! Service, food and drinks were all amazing. The best sea bass I have ever had. Will come back to try brunch and more for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had long avoided goingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/8/2014We had long avoided going to La Pentola when it opened because of some of the previous OPUS restaurant disasters. Very glad that we decided to give it a try. The beef tongue was perfectly sliced and melted in the mouth. The vitello tonnato was nice, a little too much sous vide time for the veal but the creamy sauce was lovely. For pasta, the rabbit and artichoke ravioli in brown butter sauce was excellent. Perfectly cooked pasta and the prep and balance of the artichoke didn't overwhelm the wine we had brought ($35corkage but they offer a good wine list). Would definitely order this again. We finished with the hen and again it was perfectly cooked, succulent. A solid comfort dish. No dessert on this occasion but will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for catching up with friendsREPYVRDined on 2/7/2014Took out of town visitors there based on other friends' suggestions. We did the "Family Style" dining where it is chef's choice for 7 courses (there is also a 10 course option). I like that idea and would do it again with people who have the same/similar taste in food (for example: I like spicy food; pals can't handle heat). I knew it would take 2-3 hours, and that was great for catching up with visiting friends (The table next to us clearly ran out of things to talk about about before the third course). The parm souffle and the desserts were the best of the 7 courses. I'd go back just to have a glass (or 3) of the house-made Limoncello. Waiter was new to the restaurant but provided great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for DOV on Super BowlPeanutsDined on 2/2/2014Went for DOV on Super Bowl Sunday - it was not busy and quiet. Food is excellent, service is friendly and prompt - hot water was topped up often since it was cold out. I will definitely come again and try to get a group of friends to try out the Sunday family dinner - 7 or 10 course tasting dinner of whatever the chef cooks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Dining!SeafoodLoverVIPDined on 2/1/2014Quercia's preparations are delicious giving great attention to detail! The game hen was excellent as were the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointed withHummerDined on 2/1/2014A little disappointed with the quantity of the sablefish dine out menu. Not worth $38. Left still hungry! Was also disappointed with chocolate mousse dessert. The flavor of the meringue was definitely unique. Would not order again. We liked the ambiance of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine outBlueyDined on 1/31/2014Our party of 4 had a great experience at La Pentola della Quercia. The food was excellent and they also brought us a couple of extras to try from the main menu. The service was great and they didn't hurry us even though it was Dineout. My only complaint would be the noise level, at times it was very difficult to hold a conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Out really isn't needed hereOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/30/2014Dine Out menu was poorly executed relative to my past experiences at this restaurant. Possibly a function of the near end of the dine out term, or poor choices by the kitchen initially. Neither secondi was up to snuff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service and average foodLovefoodDined on 1/30/2014We went here as part of Dine Out Vancouver as we love their related restaurant in Kitsilano . The service was very slow. It took them 45 minutes to take our order. On the positive side, the smoked salmon appetizer and cheese soufflé were delicious. On the negative side, the beef that was supposed to be medium rare was well done, the bouillabaisse broth was flavourless -tasted like Campbell's to tomato soup, and the crane salad beef was flavourless. We politely spoke to the assistant manager manager at the end of night.He thanked us for our feedback but was quite apathetic. His body language was saying...I really don't care, please just leave. I really wanted to like this restaurant but was sadlydissointed.Special Features:
- A great prelude to Romeo and JulietKoalabearVIPDined on 1/30/2014We were so pleased and relieved that La Pentola lived up to its good reviews with so many poor ones lately.Fortunately we dined early before going to the Queen E, so it only became really busy as we left.We had superb service from Alisen and others.The Dine Around Menu was perfect-delicious carne insalada,souffle Parmagiano so good my sister ordered her own after sharing one,and succulent braised ribs for me and sablefish cioppino for the others which was excellent.All the flavours were smooth and enjoyable though not intense,in this case not a bad thing.The lemon custard was silky and perfect..My only caveat is the good but pricey wine list with only a few choices at $50.00 the lowest price.All in all,a lovely dinner !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.