La Pentola della Quercia
350 Davie Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 5Z6Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
La Pentola della Quercia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lapentola.ca/
- Phone: (604) 642-0557
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, International
- Executive Chef: Lucais Syme
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Opus Catering expertly blends contemporary food and innovative cocktails with seamless and intuitive service. Stylish and sophisticated, Opus Catering delivers a unique and luxury experience.
- Private Party Facilities: We can host semi-private groups of 12 to 30, private groups of up to 130 and receptions for as many as 200
- Private Party Contact: Ricardo Ferreira 604-694-2103x
- Entertainment: lounge DJ Friday and Saturday nights
- Special Events: Join us on the last Sunday of each month to dine alla famiglia style at a communal table with your neighbours and friends. A minimum of 10 locally sourced courses. $55/person
A word from La Pentola della Quercia
Lucais Syme of Vancouver’s award-winning La Quercia restaurant deliver artfully crafted, Northern Italian cuisine at La Pentola della Quercia, inside OPUS Hotel Vancouver. Complimenting some of the city’s most passionate and experienced servers, each expertly trained on all aspects of the menu, skilfully present the handmade pasta and custom “nose to tail” meat and fish dishes at this Vancouver hot-spot..Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Pentola della Quercia - Best Restaurants in Yaletown ›
La Pentola della Quercia reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)special occasion (31)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (19)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Family DiningProGlutenDined on 11/13/2014A group of us went for dinner here (6 people) and dined their Family Style option. I believe it was around 7 courses. All were excellent. We found it exciting that we didn't know what course was coming next, and the Family way of dining really encouraged discussion etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Risotto presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Hi there, Just some feedback on the Porcini Risotto. I was a little disappointed by the presentation. It came in a flat plate instead of a bowl for primi. This made the risotto get cold faster as it's more spread out and loses heat quickly. In fact, it was a bit cold when I got it. The risotto itself was flavourful. My friend though it was a tad crunchy but I like the arborio rice al dente. I felt like there should have been at least an herb on the side, or the offering of some parm reggiano or fresh pepper. CiaoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of Italy.PammyPDined on 11/1/2014Fabulous food and wonderful culinary staff, outstanding well educated waiters, amazing bartender, quiet nicely placed location. What more could you ask for? I will absolutely visit again.Special Features:
- Great food & great serviceDave08Dined on 11/1/2014First time at this restaurant. The waiter was fantastic. Great recommdationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed review on taste of yaletownyummVIPDined on 10/29/2014the north or south 3 course lunch looked good on the menu but ... we all liked the appetizers (both n and s); the main courses were disappointing. The mains of both puttanecsa (too fishy) and funghi (not enough flavour) were ok but not impressive. Desserts were good. Our server(s) were very good and gave us just the right level of attention. Ambience a bit off due to reno happening in the hotel and the noise was very irritating.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/28/2014We had the taste of Yaletown menu. Food has good flavours. The pasta was slightly over salted. The sablefish dish seemed disproportional. My friends and I ordered the same dish and the sablefish was in different sizes. They may weigh the same but visually the size of the fish is different. I was a little disappointed with the deconstructed tiramisu, seemed too simple with ice cream and crumbled lady fingers. For $45, I was expecting a bit more for the meal. However, service was really great.Special Features:
- One of Vancouver's BestTConthetownDined on 10/25/20145 stars...a diverse menu which makes it difficult to choose!! Our lamb sirloin was cooked to perfection with delicious kale and white beans, the pasta special was so flavorful and original! It was our anniversary and we were treated so well by everyone. Server was great, and the chef himself brought out our dessert! Pretty impressed with that since it was a very busy dinner service. We'll be coming back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Brunch SpotChesterfieldVIPDined on 10/25/2014Our group of six enjoyed Saturday brunch at La Pentola. The food was excellent but service was a bit disappointing. For example, after ordering wine, we had to walk to the bottle located a few paces from the table in an ice bucket to self serve as our server didn't check back with us.Nonetheless, we'll return because the food is very good.Special Features:
- Great food, but...JoernVIPDined on 10/24/2014We had excellent food off the set menus they offered, but things were confused. There were two set menus, but we received the appetizer from the one we ordered, the pasta from the other one (after we sent it back because of an allergy issue we had told the waiter about at the start), the main course we ordered, and the desert from the other. The problem was that we couldn't hear and the waiter couldn't hear - he admitted as much because of the noise levels which were among the highest. We also couldn't see hardly anything on the menu because of the way the lights were arranged, and our waiter had a hard time with the bill, also because of the poor lighting. It was quite bright in some areas, but that made it worse because it glared.Special Features:
- Great service good foodcathyxoxDined on 10/19/2014We went there for Taste of Yaletown during lunch on a Sunday. Upon arriving we were a little intimidated as the place looks quite fancy but the staff were really laid back and welcoming. Between 3 people we shared one of each of the tasting menus and ordered their mushroom risotto for an extra entree. The staff was really nice and brought sharing plates for each course. Had to say that their risotto was a bit on the oily side as there was a ring of oil around the rice. And their portions are a bit on the smaller side; good excuse to have an appetizer and dessert. Absolutely loved their take on tiramisu, especially since there was no alcohol in it and I'm expecting. Would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.viviannnnnnDined on 10/17/2014We had the taste of yaletown menu. $45 bucks with so many dishes! And they all taste super good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ducklovestoeatDined on 10/10/2014The food was great and our server was outstanding...attentive and knowledgable. The room was thoughtfully laid out and the tables were far enough apart so you weren't on top your neighbour. The noise level was low so we could carry on a conversation with out raising our voices or straining to hear. Overall a refreshing experience.Special Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/8/2014We always get the 7 course meal, and each time it's refreshingly different and delicious.Special Features:
- FantasticCybilisticDined on 10/5/2014Friendly staff, really good food. The octopus carpaccio was delish! Would come back for sure! Would love to try their family style dinner sometime! I hear the last Sunday of each month it's only about $50 per person and the whole restaurant takes part!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening.EnjoyersDined on 10/2/2014We have been last month and opted to return with friends who have never dined here or the sister restaurant. We were all pleased. The food was very good, the presentation was lovely and the service very accommodating. We appreciate that the noise level is low which made our evening even more enjoyable. We are now living in the "hood" and will definitely return.Special Features:
- An awesome Italian alternative!DisappointedDined on 9/30/2014We knew very little about this restaurant when we came in for dinner and were very pleased with the dining experience. They have some wonderful original dishes that are different and more creative than the standard Italian cuisine. The rabbit pate and zucchini flowers were delicious appetizers, as were the two distinct pastas that followed. We were served a lovely braised short rib as the entree, and capped it all off with a tiramisu for dessert. The 7 course dinner...lots of variety, lots of food, very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good basics, deep flavoursSaraanneDined on 9/23/2014A quick pre-theatre dinner here proved perfect. We went for the cauliflower and endive bagna caudal as a starter, which was a lovely take on the classic dish, made into an anchovy infused salad. Then pastas, bolognese for me and the intense pappardelle with mushrooms and sausage for my friend. Both satisfying and well made. Service was efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Alla FamigliacyjhVIPDined on 9/6/2014Authentic Italian at its best! Gourmet quality of fresh, simple yet refined and perfectly executed cuisine, delightful variety, warm and engaging but unobtrusive service, and AMAZING wine (Amarone). Couldn't have had a better experience! Special thanks to General Manager, Ricardo, and our main server, Peter. They are outstanding!Special Features:
- La Famiglia was perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014We were seven people, including several foodies. The alla famiglia (chef's selection, eight courses) worked very well. Quick to start, modest portions so no one's appetite flagged, and a very good variety. With no attention paid to ordering, everyone focused on each other. A very pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great dinner.oodlesVIPDined on 9/3/2014We were surprised that the sharing menu was available even for two person. It was an excellent deal for $60 per person since we liked every dish that we tried. We will definitely come back with a bigger group and try the 10 course sharing menu for $75. The atmosphere is extremely comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RTseVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food at La Pentola is terrific. The flavours are fine and subtle, making you want to keep eating. One can never tire of the tastes.Special Features:
- Celebratory Brunch604foodVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went for brunch in the the middle of a day of bridal dress shopping. Food and service was great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014A great place that is not crazy loud and the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 235 reviews are from the La Pentola della Quercia reviews archive.
- Neighborhood Italian Gem and MoreInsyncDined on 7/20/2014Noticed the family dining menu while strolling through Yaletown. We let the waitress select our seven course menu, noting we had no food fussiness. 3 delicious appetisers, 2 pastas, an entre and desert. Fabulous. $60 each for 7 courses. Plus wine. Yes I would recommend this, age and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cyjhVIPDined on 7/16/2014We were having a business lunch and had other meetings to go to, but the food took a very, very long time to arrive, and was not as good as usual. I have always loved this restaurant but this particular experience was rather disappointing.
- Lost our reservationChloeDined on 6/21/2014We arrived on time for our reservation, but they had lost it. I had made it and it was confirmed through Open Table and the restaurant had called the day before to confirm, but still we didn't seem to have one. It wasn't a big deal since there was a nice table available for us anyways. Just a minor annoyance. Loved the service though and the pasta dishes were lovely as well as the seared tuna appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyalybabaVIPDined on 6/14/2014The taster menus are interesting if you're adventurous and are willing to be surprised. In fairness, they do accomodate food allergies and dietary restrictions. Quite pricey. Definitely not the place to go if you want to enjoy a quiet conversation with friends, or spend a romantic evening. The place is really LOUD! Good service.
- Okay food, great servicefoodlovahDined on 5/30/2014The server was super bubbly and friendly. The risotto and gnocchi were a bit disappointing with little flavor, however the slow cooked meat dish was good. The mouse dessert was also good.
- OveratedMooshiDined on 5/10/2014The food is mediocre. Do not get the Famiglia series.
- Ambience uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our pre Mother's Day Brunch . Children were given priority seating. Gluten free meals were readily identified by staff. All ages from infant ,toddler, teens ,young adults and seniors enjoyed the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious BrunchPeckishDined on 5/10/2014Lovely brunch, 2nd time in two weeks. Service vastly improved. Was friendly last time, but a bit erratic. This time there was much greater attention to the customer & it was a pleasant brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedNSDinerDined on 5/9/2014My partner and I split an order of the lamb angilotti. Tasty, but the presentation was lazy, basically just the pasta dumped in a bowl. For a main, I ordered the smoked duck and my partner ordered a seafood special. The duck portioning was small for the price and while flavourful, the addition of bacon completely overwhelmed the flavor of the duck. There was little else on the plate save a couple small greens and virtually no starch. My partners seafood was fresh and properly cooked, but was completely lacking in flavor. The service was overall lacking, side plates not cleared, etc... This could be an OK place for a late night graze, or drinks and appys, but there are better and less expensive places nearby. I would not return for dinner.
- Love the Brunch!bmarieVIPDined on 5/4/2014The brunch menu is excellent. We've been happy with everything we've ever ordered. The space has a nice ambiance and is comfortable for a group.Special Features:
- Lovely findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Excellent food and service. Very enjoyable. Waitress was very knowledgeable and efficient.Special Features:
- Good Food, Service Could ImprovePeckishDined on 5/3/2014We had a delicious, beautifully presented breakfast at the restaurant. The menu is interesting & the quality of the food good. However, the service, while polite & professional, is a bit hit & miss. It seemed that once our meals arrived, we were off their radar. We wanted salt & pepper, but no one stopped by to ask, so we had to borrow it from the table next to us. The wait staff didn't return to see how we were enjoying our meal & we had to flag them to request another coffee. The staff need training with respect to customer service. But, I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La PentolaAngelaDined on 4/14/2014We took a group of 8 for a work dinner to La Pentola della Quercia, and it was great. We had the shared family style meal, and they were able to accommodate the two gluten free folks in our group and ensured any other food issues/preferences/dislikes were taken into account. The food was very good and the portions large, although most of us did not love the octopus course. The staff were attentive and friendly. I will likely come again with my husband for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, server outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/7/2014So we headed to La Pentola because we could bring our own wine (corkage $35) but it turns out the food and service are pretty great too! I can talk about the food a bit - have the burrata cheese appetizer, the charcuterie, the risotto…all good, very good! Everyone enjoyed the food immensely at our table. That said, our server was Beth and she was AWESOME - she was funny, well versed in the menu, patient, cute and just plain awesome! She made our night even better than it would have been with just food and wine…you know when some one just lights up the room and makes the evening run just a little smoother…Beth did that! That said, we would head back to La Pentola again…loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch menu!bmarieVIPDined on 4/6/2014Wonderful brunch menu, food quality, and service! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinner for a spec occasionToddDined on 4/4/2014Had a great meal for my birthday with my wife. We did the 7 course tasting menu and had a dining experience instead of a simple dinner. Every course was delicious and interesting and somewhat unique from their own homemade goat cheese ricotta to a pork tenderloin that was better cooked than any I have had before! After wine, digestive and coffee it's an expensive evening but worth it for the special occasion. If you don't drink it's a deal. $55 each for 7 quality courses is a steal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful but not La QuerciaJasonDined on 3/29/2014We had an amazing evening here recently and the food and service were excellent. My only critiques would be: 1) it was a tad noisier than I would have thought... the bar was quite hopping and there were a number of large groups and those were likely contributors but there was certainly a time during the height of dinner where you had to strain to hear the people across from you - full disclosure: we are younger so its not a hearing thing ;-) 2) while the food was excellent, I felt that the 7 and 10 course meals weren't as original as La Quercia and that all they were really doing was making everything on their a la carte menu and it didn't feel as special and unique. I'd go back for sure but I might go to La Quercia first...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.