La Parrilla Colombian Steakhouse
6427 W. Irving Park
Chicago, IL 60634Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
La Parrilla Colombian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 7737777720
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Thursday: 11:00AM - 9:00PM Friday-Saturday: 11:00AM - 10:00PM Sunday: 11:00AM - 9:00PM Monday: CLOSED
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Steakhouse, South American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from La Parrilla Colombian Steakhouse
This family owned contemporary yet casual restaurant and bar offers authentic Colombian cuisine featuring char-broiled steaks, grilled chicken, and seafood served with authentic sides such as rice, beans, plantains, yuca, and potatoes. Start with the family's specialty empanadas, which have been regarded as the "Best in Chicago" and move right into the "Bandeja Paisa" a huge plate heaping with grilled steak, rice, egg, beans, pork rinds, Colombian sausage, avocado, and arepa (white corn bread). Traditional Colombian desserts are offered and the restaurant also features a full bar with signature drinks including the Mojito La Parrilla, Amaretto Passion, and Pina Coladas. La Parrilla Colombian Steakhouse also have "Jirafas de Cerveza" (beer tubes that are placed at your table in which you serve your own choice beer.) A high-tech flair has been added to the menus, which will have various QR codes that will link diners with smartphones to relevant content about Colombia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Parrilla Colombian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- awful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Took 10 minutes to be acknowledged at our table and another 10 for water to arrive. Our appetizer order never came and our steaks were over done. The place was empty when we arrived, but packed with larger groups midway thru our meal. I understand larger groups need attention but a 2 top deserves service too. Food overall was good, but not a great experience.
- The following 23 reviews are from the La Parrilla Colombian Steakhouse reviews archive.
- the service was excellentthe12girlsthatliketopartyDined on 6/22/2014la parrilla restaurant was a very nice place the minute you walk in the people made you feel welcome the service was great , we had a great time the food was excellent can'nt wait to try others dishes.The restaurant look very nicely decorated very welcoming,would be a good place to hang out on the weekends the staff were very attentive definitely we would go back. Will tell all my friends about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No big dealOTMembrVIPDined on 5/2/2014Restaurant was clean & quaint and the staff was fairly nice, but the food was nothing exceptional. This is the 2nd time I've been here & wanted to see if it was any different from my 1st visit. It wasn't. I've never had Columbian food before so I was excited to try it. Both times when I went, I had a meat dish (like a carne asada), & both times the meat was cooked to almost being dry. The sides of rice, cassava & potatoes were ok & the presentation on wooden boards was nice. My companion had a chicken/rice dish similar to a paella and she too said it was nothing exceptional.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Food was good and the environment seemed festive. We had an enjoyable time. Very affordable. I will be back.
- Nice evening outEssieDined on 3/22/2014Staff was very welcoming and friendly. Full bar, bartender was willing to give it a try to mix a drink we wanted a certain way, great attitude. The appetizers were so good, tostones topped off with tomato base sauce and avacado and mini empanadas. For dinner we had one churasco order and a skirt steak ; both perfectly seasoned and delicious. Food was filling and looking around everyone seemed to enjoy their dinners as well. The place is on the smaller side but its nice and clean. I would not recommend this place for toddlers or babies; older kids ok more of date night type of place. I live in Berwyn but am willing to drive all the way North to try some of their other plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/2/2014Companion ordered the salmon and it was over cooked and dry. Didn't eat it and didn't want to send it back. I was limited on time. I ended up splitting my dish. Server kept asking if we were ready to order 2 mins after getting to table. Gave us no time to settle in. Will not be returning. I'd rather go across the street to Burger King.
- Is missing Customer ServiceAngelinChicagoDined on 2/7/2014Food is decent, service is poor. Had to wait a long time for our food and drinks. Even water took a long time to get brought to the table. Asked for sauces for the meats - gave us a hard time, waited a long time then gave us a small saucer for a table of six.Special Features:
- Nice Hidden Placepatm292Dined on 11/8/2013Great food for the price!! service was excellent and really cared! Great choice for dinner and ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great. No diet soda available.HillymdVIPDined on 8/27/2013Not great. No diet soda available. AC not working. Steak was well, well done and tough. Difficult street parking.
- Ladies luncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2013On Saturday I put together an outing for 9 Red Hat ladies starting at the Galos Salt Caves right down the block in the Jolly Inn Restaurant followed by a lunch. Most expected that we would then eat there. But I like to do things a little differentlhy and I had been at La Parrilla once before with a larger group for lunch oast summer. Food, services and prices were excellent so decided to take these ladies there also. None of them had ever been heard of it before but all were very happy with the experience. Most had the lunch specials ($5.95) with a side or two and all were completely satisfied. Our wonderful waiter (sorry didn't get his name) was very attentive and had no problem giving us separate checks. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon was overcooked andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2013Salmon was overcooked and the steak was salty. Service was slow. While we were there, customers were complaining about the service and one table even walked out.
- no tableJoanieDined on 5/12/2013We had a 6:45 reservation. We showed up at 6:30. We were told they were behind & we would have a table by 7:05. That meant we would have stood by the front door(the bar was full) for 30 minutes. This was Mother's Day & we had reservations. Obviously they don't know what reservation means. We won't be back
- I came here for my birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2013I came here for my birthday. The place was clean and the staff was very friendly. Our server was attentive & he made sure to check on us during dinner to make sure we didn't need anything else. Prices were reasonable and the food was amazing. Will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Columbian to Spice Up LifeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2013The service was amazing. A group of six came for a birthday and couldn't be happier. The food was outstanding, the drinks were delicious, and the service even better. The waiter was more than accommodating to all of us and sincerely cared about our dining experience. He suggested drinks, meals, and even made a special water with mint and lime for someone who doesn't drink but wanted something milder. The steak meals were all delicious perfectly matched with yukka, potatoes and chimichurri. Can't wait to come here again. It's a perfect ambiance for a group and even couples on a romantic date.Special Features:
- This place was an unexpectedExtramediumDined on 2/14/2013This place was an unexpected find. It's a small dining area and was totally packed on valentine's day, but the service was great as were the food and drinks. I imagine the experience would be even better on a normal night when they aren't packed to the gills. The food was excellent, and seriously you can't beat the prices. Huge plates, appetizers and drinks for two came in around $60.00, I couldn't believe it. Definite recommendation.Special Features:
- Overall the food was goodfoodfanDined on 12/29/2012Overall the food was good as well as the service. They did not have a reservation for us even though I made it through Open Table. They were able to accommodate us, but if we had come half an hour later there is no way they would have been able to. Almost every table was full and the establishment is on the small side. Excellent apple mojito.Special Features:
- Second time here, and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2012Second time here, and the food and service were top notch. Hosts George and Raquel have created a wonderful dining experience here! Their Empinadas are second to none! I higly recommend La Parilla Columbian Steakhouse to anyone looking for a great dinner out!Special Features:
- I gave this place a try afterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2012I gave this place a try after looking for a good Colombian place since I am Colombian myself. Cute place found parking right in front. Food was amazing, lots of flavor.The Chorizo was not colombian chorizo though that I know for sure. Downside is there was not enough staff the girl was nice but she was the only one there with 4 other tables, from the time she took our drink order it took her about 20 minutes to bring it to the table. I ordered a mojito and my husband an amaretto passion. My mojito was super flat Im not sure if they are using bottled pop or what. I think they would benefit from a full time bartender and one or two more waitresses. I may give this place a try again but will give them time to hire more.
- We enjoyed the food, the serviceLatrosaddieVIPDined on 9/29/2012We enjoyed the food, the service was good and the people were very friendly.Special Features:
- we have been to BOgota andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2012we have been to BOgota and my mother is Colombian so I know what authentic is and this place was good. not the best Colombian place in the city but it was nice.
- An intimate friendly environment.ViolaladyVIPDined on 6/30/2012An intimate friendly environment. Food we had was fair, but everyone else's looked much better. Will return to try other dishes. Service extremely attentive and staff very friendly and accommodating. Beautiful decor.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/12/2012Really enjoyed the food. Was very authentic. The staff was very friendly. Will definately go again.Special Features:
- Great place and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012Great place and great food and very close to where i live.Special Features:
- New Kid on the BlockDanielMVIPDined on 2/14/2012This is a relatively new restaurant (2 months as of this writing) so there were some apparent teething pains, mainly in regards to timing of the courses of the meal. To be fair, the server let us know immediately that the item that we selected had a long preparation time, but it ultimately took longer than anticipated. Because of the extended wait, our server brought us a complementary order of empenadas, which were much appreciated and - most importantly - delicious. I say "most importantly" because, ultimately, our meal was fantastic, our server was attentive and the restaurant had a warm, friendly atmosphere. We will definitely go back in a month or two to see how things have developed.Special Features: