530 Milton Rd.
Rye, NY 10580Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lapanetiere.com/
- Phone: 9149678140
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday to Saturday 6:00pm - 9:30pm Sundays:Lunch 1:00pm -3:00pm and Dinner 5:00pm to 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine: Jean Marc Cabriol
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant
- Catering: La Panetière offers a full line of Catering Services and Special Holiday Event Offerings. From a casual get together to an elegant affair, let our experienced chefs and waiters travel to your office to handle everything from set up to clean up for a stress-free hosting experience.
- Private Party Facilities: La Panetière offers three private rooms perfect for corporate events and holiday parties. Owner Jacques Loupiac and his team have many offerings for your party, from hors d’oeuvres to entrées straight through to our homemade desserts. Jacques can also suggest brilliant wines to accompany your meal.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Just 9149678140
- Special Events: Visit our website to view special events from wine tasting dinners to live music.
A word from La Panetiere
Owner Jacques Loupiac presents a taste of Provence at La Panetiere. The cuisine is contemporary french, and the dishes change with the season reflecting upon products purchased from market-gardeners, fishermen, free-range poultry farmers, and other purveyors who deserve the respect of their authentic products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
La Panetiere - Best Restaurants in Rye ›
La Panetiere reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (103)romantic (90)fit for foodies (86)notable wine list (55)neighborhood gem (45)great for lunch (20)good for groups (15)great for brunch (6)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fabulous!sosomaybeDined on 10/17/2014This was our first time and it was a special treat! There was not one sour note on the evening. The food was tremendous, the ambience was upscale, and the service was outstanding. The souffle was light and scrumptious!Special Features:
- Worth the VisitAvidHikerDined on 10/14/2014This is one place that is guaranteed never to disappoint. It is hard to make a meal recommendation as we have always enjoyed everything we have tried.Special Features:
- Chef Dean and Staff are SuperbpsampsDined on 10/10/2014Chef Dean Loupiac continues to turn out exquisite dishes that are served by the gracious and kowledgable staff. Choices are varied and should fit every one's wishes. Dining here is the closest thing to a true Michelin star inn in France. A must for anyone appreciative of fine French cuisine.Special Features:
- Our favoriteSZGVJSDined on 10/8/2014We have been the La Panetiere many times. We have never been disappointed in any way. As we said when we came this time, "we feel like family here." We cannot comment on the wine list since we do not have wine with dinner. Special occasion or just to treat oneself, this is the place!Special Features:
- Perfection in French diningAcbas92418VIPDined on 10/5/2014Outside of dining at a great restaurant in Paris, this is an extraordinary, fine gourmet experience that I always look forward to. The food never disappoints, nor does the flawless service. Superb food & the setting is charming. My go to spot for special occasions. Jacques is the consummate professional who always greets you with a warm hello.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful treat in every wayfrancophileDined on 10/3/2014We've been here a few times for special occasions and this visit was not a disappointment either. Perfection from top to bottom. A slight mix up on our order was deftly and professionally handled. Places like this are hard to find. BRAVO!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversay dinner was delightfulluv2eatoutDined on 9/27/2014La Penetiere is a lovely french restaurant that never disappoints. Ambiance, service, decor and food are all excellent. The restaurant skews to a mature crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FLFOODVIPDined on 9/25/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at La Panetiere. The service was welcoming and attentive. The Branzino entree was excellent as was the star berry gazpacho soup. We will definitely return to try some of the other entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine and FriendlyPeters137Dined on 9/24/2014Wonderful evening of fine food and friendly service. It was like dining at home with a personal wait staff - alert and attentive but inobtrusive. From cocktails through to dessert the food and beverages were prepared to perfection- tender duck, sweet lobster and sinfully rich chocolate. The room was elegant and the table set beautifully including custom fine china and all was refreshingly free of even a hint of "attitude." One of our most satisfying dining experiences.Special Features:
- The Best in WestchesterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/21/2014We feel like we had returned to Paris every time we dine at La Panetiere. It is impossible to tell the difference between this wonderful place and a one Michelin star restaurant. Coupled with impeccable service, the evenings we've spent dining there have been have always been memorable.Special Features:
- A quick trip to FranceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014When I made my reservation to celebrate my wife's birthday, I was given an opportunity to have flowers delivered to my table. When we arrived at the restaurant, we were seated at a banquette overlooking the main room, with the flowers at the table. The room was beautifully decorated. We came with a groupon, but we were treated like honored guests. The service was wonderful. The food was beautiful and absolutely delicious. No course was too large, but the meal as a whole was quite filling. There really was nothing I would change about our meal. this is a wonderful restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Perfect place to celebrateTeacher22Dined on 9/20/2014It is really so nice to go to a restaurant that not only has ambiance but the menu is outstanding too! The escargot appetizer was delicious. The quail and lamb were perfectly cooked and presented beautifully. The chocolate soufflé was the perfect ending to a delicious meal. So dress up and get your reservation !Special Features:
- La PanetierehawleylaneDined on 9/20/2014I've been to some very excellent restaurants,but this is my favorite.It compares to the best in Manhattan NYC. Just a great experience and a very fair price considering the top quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish restaurant was closer to homeNougatineluvaVIPDined on 9/20/2014We love La Panetiere! We have to drive about an hour each way from Long Island but it is absolutely worth it every time! It would be lovely if the restaurant were closer to home, if so we would be there every week! But since we have to drive a distance the restaurant has unfortunately been relegated to the 'special occasion' category. Our preference is to choose the outstanding tasting with wine pairing menu. We have never been disappointed. The staff welcomes you back warmly, as if we are returning to 'old friends' while never veering from their attentive, professional, upscale service. Looking for another 'special occasion' so we can return again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014It is always a special experience to dine at this restaurant. The service was at its peak during our last visit. In terms of food selections, we would highlight the steak (high quality and perfectly prepared) and the cheese selection. The restaurant does a remarkable job of pairing breads with servings. the only disappointment was the escargot, which should be a standard for a French restaurant. It did not meet standards on this occasion.Special Features:
- Very special!KAMEVIPDined on 9/18/2014A true dining experience with extraordinary service, calm environment and delicious choices. Food well prepared, very pleading presentation - treat diners with care - not rushed, a treat for your palette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gastronomical DelightwendyDined on 9/18/2014La Panetiere is an outstanding dining experience. The quality ingredients enhance each and very course which is beautifully presented. The service is impeccable and the staff very attentive. Run don't walk for an unforgettable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/18/2014What a wonderful experience! The place is so charming--a real French country cottage feel. And the staff, especially Stephane and Juan, were attentive and welcoming. The lunch prix-fixe was fantastic. The strawberry gazpacho was luscious and my friend said the baked escargot was the best she's ever had. The branzino was perfect and the chicken was also great. Yummy bread, hot from the oven. The 3 desserts were all wonderful--loved the berries, the crepes and the chocolate/orange. As a special touch in honor of the birthday we were celebrating, a small edible "happy birthday" message with a slim candle and strawberries was brought to the table. Elegant, lovely and beautifully prepared food and flavorful food make this a must visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!CTFoodieDined on 9/17/2014We celebrated our 25th with a dinner at La Panetiere last week and the evening was perfection. Although we were late, we were greeted warmly and seated quickly. Service was professional and elegant...from the plate of warm cheese puffs courtesy of the chef...to the extra chocolate souffle at dessert to compensate for a menu item that was not available that evening. The final touch was a Happy Anniversary cookie with fruit and sparklers! Yes, La Panetiere is old world, but other restaurants rush to turn tables, often with brusque wait staff, so what a pleasure it is to savor your meal and enjoy an elegant dining experience with friends and family. We look forward to many more wonderful evenings of great food at La Panetiere!Special Features:
- excellent in every respectcastellDined on 9/14/2014La Panetiere is possibly the best restaurants in Westchester and South Conneticut. It is France at its best. French cuisine with no disguise, tasty, elaborated and authentic. The most professional service and a wine list that is not overwhelming: just the best wines by region. Everything just perfect, without excesses.Special Features:
- one of best in WesctchesterSteveGVIPDined on 9/14/2014La Panetiere is a very special place. We did not have a groupon so ordered off the regular menu. We were a party of 6 celebrating a birthday. The staff was very friendly and food came out at a good pace. I had dover sole which was outstanding..my wife had the soft shell crabs and said they were some of the best we ever had. We shared a bottle of the house pinot noir ( beringer) and was surprised at how good it was at a resonable price ($50). The only complaint was how pricey everything is, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely but old fashionedEnjoyDiningVIPDined on 9/10/2014Food was delicious but the decor is old fashioned. We had a lovely night but not sure we'd go back. We are a couple in our early forties. It's not going to attract the younger crowd as it is. It needs a complete redo. I understand it's french provincial but even french provincial has moved on with the times. This restaurant will flizzle out with its older customers if it doesn't do something soon. It would be a shame to see great food and great friendly service lost in the local area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Star keeps shining....luvgoodfoodVIPDined on 9/10/2014I have been going to this restaurant for years. I have never had a bad meal! The staff is attentive, the food amazing and the ambiance is elegant. It is a special place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La PanetiereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and had a memorable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointed this timeScarsdalefamDined on 9/9/2014Sauces of our main courses were dripping off the plates because the buy boy wanted to bring them to the table at the same time. My wife was putting some butter on her bread when the waiter suddenly just decided to put my wife's filled glass wine on top of my wife's empty dinner plate. Waitstaff do not stand on the correct side when serving food and when taking out used plates. In their current menu, the potato chips cheapen the presentation of the sweetbread and the rabbit dishes. The same is true with the onion rings on top of the fillet steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfullawprofDined on 9/9/2014We had a wonderful dining experience - again! As in the past, all the food was perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. The service was efficient, responsive and unobtrusive. The wait staff are experienced professionals. La Panetiere is among the best restaurants in Westchester and rivals the best in NYC. Its pricey, but well worth it.Special Features:
- Lovely Place for Special OccasionPamPVIPDined on 9/6/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and had a fantastic experience. The service was outstanding. Ordered the 6 course menu and each course was delicious. They were able to substitute when the main course choices were both what I do not eat. Quiet, romantic, delicious food and very attentive service. What else could you want for a special occasion. The 6-course prix fixe menu was reasonable at $85/each but once we added wine and tip, the check came close to $400 for 2 ppl so was a bit expensive. Otherwise I would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in Westchesterady1Dined on 9/6/2014La Panetiere has a long and well-deserved reputation as the best French restaurant in Westchester. The décor is so lovely, especially the flower arrangements. The service manages to be formal (as befits a restaurant of this quality) and yet friendly. The food is delicious and beautifully presented. It has long been a favorite for special occasions, and we would go more often if it weren't so costly. (But Groupn deals are available, which eases the pain considerably.) A class act, in every way.Special Features:
- Very nicefoodloverVIPDined on 9/3/2014Good food. Great service. Perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Anniversary DinnerEatoutrviewsDined on 8/28/2014I wrote a note on my Open Table reservation that it was our 26th anniversary and we'd like a "nice table". They must have listened. We had a table next to the garden window. The service was attentive without being intrusive. The waiters were "smiling" and helpful in picking out wine and desserts. I had the filet and my husband had roasted rack of lamb without the bones! They looked like two little filets on the plate with elegant sauce. The warm chocolate souffle was worth the 15 minutes to make! Even gave us anniversary card andcookie with candle in it! Now, this is more of a formal restaurant where gentlemen need to wear jackets and it is pretty much a "grown up" environment..which is exactly what we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yodetta76Dined on 8/28/2014Generally, I save La Panetiere for special occasions and visit two or three times a year. I especially enjoy going for lunch because the restaurant is not too busy, it's very relaxing and the service is impeccable. The food is extremely flavorful and the presentation is almost like a work of art. Wonderful French experience in Westchester!!Special Features:
- Has Never DisappointedSZGVJSDined on 8/26/2014This is one of our absolute favorite restaurants. We are treated as family, the food and service are superb. We have never been disappointed!Special Features:
- MagnifiqueMooseVIPDined on 8/22/2014We used to dine here regularly. Then we moved away from the area and haven't been back for 10+ years. So we were a bit apprehensive about what we'd find after so much time. Turns out La Panatiere is as good as ever! For lunch there was only one other table occupied, so service was perfect. I can't say what it's like on a crowded Saturday evening. Foie gras and duck terrine for appetizers, both outstanding. Lobster casserole and Dover Sole for the mains, both outstanding. I love Dover Sole but when you see it on a menu it's usually just a dressed-up flounder. Here, it's the real thing, cooked perfectly in a beurre blanc sauce, filleted table-side. Assorted cheeses instead of dessert; perfect with our remaining wine. We LOVE La Panatiere.Special Features:
- GeeGeeDined on 8/20/2014The food was very good, but not quite good enough for the prices charged. Wonderful gracious service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TimeAteWellDined on 8/20/2014This is an exquisite restaurant. The food, service and ambiance spectacular. Pricey, but well worth it. The French flair makes it well worth the visit.Special Features:
- Just wonderfulDalaniVIPDined on 8/17/2014Can't say enough...love the place! We always choose this restaurant for all special occasions and then for just going out.. no wonder we are there about once a month..Special Features:
- Scrumptious French CuisineDiningDivaVIPDined on 8/15/2014I have eaten here many times. As always, each dish was expertly prepared. You can tell that great care was given to the preparation and presentation of each dish. Attention to detail was first rate. The mix of flavors was enticing to the palate. Their grand marnier souffle is to die for! Don't miss it! The service is always outstanding. After each meal, I feel like I've been to a "real" country inn in the French countryside. Well worth the money.Special Features:
- The bestpsampsDined on 8/14/2014La Panatiere has not lost a beat. The staff is friendly, efficient and attentive to all one's needs. Chef Dean Loupiac creates traditional and innovative French cuisine in the same breath and makes La P the most sought after venue in the Fairfield/Westchester region for true devotees of fine French cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIALDelphineVIPDined on 8/1/2014delicious, flavorful, special... Enjoy every dish... special **** for the grand Marnier Soufle! tahnk you!Special Features:
- The best, as always.AuconeDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I celebrated each of our birthdays at La Panetiere, one lunch, one dinner. Both were memorable experiences. The restaurant maintains a high level of service and cuisine that is rare in today's dining world.Special Features: